How To Put The Line On The Trimmer Spool
Trimmer head with two tendrils
Double flute head
After removing the spool from the spool body, we determine the number of strands for winding the fishing line (1 or 2). In principle, there is no difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but with careless threading into the paired groove, there will be operational problems. Due to the likelihood of interlacing the adjacent line of the tool, a situation may arise when, after wear of the working antennae, it is impossible to remove new ones.
Regardless of the number of streams, a fishing line with a length of 1.5 to 3 meters is taken for refueling. Winding must be done in the opposite direction of rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will lead to the fact that the line will not be removed from the reel. After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, the free ends (15-30 cm) are threaded into special holes. Next, we assemble the head in the reverse order of disassembly and check the operability. Do NOT worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the protection will cut off excess.
Single Barbed Trimmer Spool
Reel for single-barb lawn mowers
Many owners and experts note the ease of use and ease of refueling the bobbin with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the threaded line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and the winding is carried out in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most reels have arrow marks on the outside of the body that indicate the direction of the trimmer reel movement.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to enhance the centrifugal force, which is decisive when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic spools. Passing the left end through the working hole of the coil and assembling the head.
Winding the line to the trimmer
Measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit coil makes it possible to go directly to winding the line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today there are several types of reels, depending on the number of line antennae and the methods of threading it:
- Trimmer head with one working Mustache;
- Bobbin with two tendril fishing lines;
- Auto winding reel.
How to wind line on a trimmer reel: key points
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or owner of his own home.
Thanks to these garden devices, even a large garden plot can be mowed with ease. After purchasing this tool and performing several mows, many people think about how to properly wind the line on the trimmer reel. For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since the developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the operating manual.
Preparing to wind the line
Before the winding process, it is necessary to remove the spool with line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three design types of trimmers:
- Compact Electric Trimmers.
Straight bar trimmer
This model provides the ability to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To mount the trimmer knife, it is necessary to align the hole of the reel and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, the body can be easily unscrewed by hand clockwise.
Trimmer head with automatic line threading
Types of trimmer heads
Some models on the market are fitted with a reel with an automatic winding mechanism. It is enough for the owner to properly thread and fix the ends in the head, and the winding operation will be performed by the tool itself when it is turned on. It is almost impossible to wind the line incorrectly into a trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae. The advantages of the automatic trimmer head include the ease of threading the line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and the high cost.
Lightweight and compact household devices for fighting grass on an area less than 15 acres have a capacity of up to 1 hp. This figure is enough for a summer residence, a small lawn.
Power within 1. 3 HP. It is necessary to combat shrubs, thin branches. This is an indicator of industrial and universal units. They have a longer service life, weight, some models can create a high noise level.
If you want to get rid of young shoots of trees, thick branches of shrubs, lawn mowers with a capacity of more than 3 hp are used. These are heavy apparatus that require great physical effort to work with. The advantages of such mowers are a large supply of fuel, separate refueling of gasoline and oil, high productivity.
Model with shoulder strap for easy operation
Second winding option
- Cut the measured piece of thread in half.
- Before threading the line into the trimmer spool, bend one of the ends of each piece and press firmly to form a hook.
- Insert the resulting thread hook into the hole. Wind the sewing thread in the direction indicated on the bobbin case.
- When 15 cm remains of the original length, stop winding. Insert the remaining section into the groove.
- Wrap the line on the bottom of the body in the same way.
- Assemble the bottom of the trimmer, put the bobbin in place.
In a spool consisting of one section, the working thread changes in the same way. Unwind 15 cm from the finished piece, make a loop and fix it in the groove. The line is wound in the direction of the arrow. After the end of the process, the remaining end is fixed on the coil cover.
Manufacturers offer 2 handle options:
- T-shaped (in the form of a bicycle handlebar)
- In the shape of “J”.
The handle in the form of the letter “T” is installed on models with automatic line rewinding. The work is carried out with 2 hands located on both sides of the bar. This position is convenient for mowing large areas of vegetation. The cut is made according to the braid principle. from one side to the other. This option does NOT differ in maneuverability, does not work well on difficult terrain. The bicycle handlebars can be equipped with control buttons. In household trimmer types, the trigger buttons are installed on the bar.
Classic trimmer model with reversible handle with control buttons
The petrol trimmer with a D-shaped handle is more maneuverable, it is convenient for them to mow grass in areas with difficult terrain. In such an instrument, the hands are placed one above the other. The drawback of the handle is that it is difficult to hold, the control of such a device is more complicated.
D-shaped trimmer handle
Pen in the form of the English letter “J” The most inconvenient, therefore rarely found.
Small mobile devices for cutting grass and young branches, consisting of a bar, motor, cutting part and a handle are called a trimmer.
The device without a trimmer is simple, it is easy to disassemble, if necessary
There are electric and gasoline modifications. The former do NOT refuel, but they depend on the length of the cord. The latter do NOT work suspension from the presence of electricity, anywhere in the garden or vegetable garden.
Petrol trimmers are lighter and less expensive than lawn mowers. They cope with grass and shrubs, so such mowers are used in everyday life and on an industrial scale. For convenience, the technique provides belts that are worn on the shoulder. Thus, the stress on the arms and back is reduced.
What are the coils
In gasoline devices, one- and two-section coils are installed. Another difference is that cutting is done with one tendril or two. Based on THESE conditions, a working thread is wound.
Disassembled lower part of the tool. the coil consists of one section
The bobbins are divided into 2 sections, the line is wound on each level separately.
Algorithm of actions
Before winding the line correctly on the trimmer spool, follow these steps:
- Block the cutting shaft with a stupor;
- Remove the coil by pressing the button or two small clips (they are located on opposite sides of the shaft)
- Pull out the bobbin carefully (there is a spring inside the spool, which may be lost after removing the bobbin)
Bobbin with spring, spool free and ready to rewind new line
- Free the block from the remnants of fishing line and grass, if they got there;
- Measure the required length of the working thread and cut it off (usually a 6 meter line)
- Fold the thread in half and in the middle Place inside the spool.
Further actions depend on the type of bobbin.
Fuel filling method
In cheap, low-power samples, fuel is poured into the tank at the same time. This creates inconvenience for users, as oil and gasoline must be mixed before operation. In expensive mowers, 2 separate tanks for gasoline and oil are installed. Refueling occurs as you use it and is NOT interdependent.
Varieties of benzotrimmers
Trimmers are distinguished by indicators:
- Engine’s type;
- Cutting element;
- Handle configuration;
- Fuel filling method;
- Noise level.
Depending on the power, tools are of household, industrial, mixed, universal type. Lawn mowers are a separate type. They are the most powerful of all types of gasoline trimmers.
Tool feeding methods
The Trimmer provides 3 ways to feed the line:
This is what 3 types of trimmers look like
In the first case, the thread is pulled at the ends after stopping the tool.
In the second, wire feed starts after unlocking. To do this, you need to lightly hit the head with the soil.
In automatic devices, the mechanism works independently after starting the engine. This option is convenient for performing a large amount of work. Disadvantage of the machine. it requires a long length of thread.
Removing the coil from the trimmer
On small electric trimmers with a bottom-mounted motor (when it is in the ground while working), the reels usually have two keys on the sides. Click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is also taken out, on which the fishing line is directly wound. When disassembling, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar (there is still no way to put a knife on such trimmers), you need to grab the coil body itself with one hand, and with the other hand you need to start rotating the lamb on it counterclockwise. It is he who attaches the coil to the Trimmer Bar. Having unscrewed the lamb, carefully remove the entire coil, trying NOT to lose the spring inside.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox at its end (on such trimmers, in addition to fishing line, you can also install a knife), we look for a hole under the coil, insert, for example, a screwdriver into it, quietly rotate the coil until the screwdriver does NOT crawl even deeper and the coil will lock. Now steep the whole coil clockwise (since the thread is left-hand) and remove it from the trimmer. Then we disassemble the coil. It can be assembled using snaps or a twisted lamb. If the coil is on latches, then press on the sides on the base of the latches so that they bend and release one half of the coil body from the other. We just unscrew the lamb. There may also be a third type of connection between the two halves of such a coil: with it, you need to grab the lower part with one hand, and the upper part with the other, and start turning them in opposite directions. When disassembling such a coil, you also need to make sure that the spring inside is not lost.
than 200 types of trimmers in one place at the lowest prices. Click and watch
Now, having removed and disassembled the coil, we proceed, in fact, to winding.
How to properly wind the line on the trimmer spool
Many, having worked out the factory line on the recently purchased trimmers, are trying to wind a new one, but they cannot, because they do not know how to properly wind the line on the spool (bobbin) of the trimmer. It seems that there is an instruction, but it still does not work. Let’s try in this article to deal with this issue.
So, in order to wind the line, you first need to remove the coil from the trimmer. this will be more convenient. The removal method will depend on the type of trimmer.
If your coil is designed to work with only one tendril, then it’s simple. You need to unwind 2-4 m of fishing line (depending on the size of the reel), find a hole on the inside of the reel for the fixing line, insert one end of the line there and start winding the line in the direction opposite to the direction of rotation of the reel on the trimmer. On the inside of the reel, they usually indicate with an arrow in which direction to wind the line. I wound the fishing line, we leave a small piece of it unwound to put it out. We fix this piece in a specially groove located on the inner part of the reel and designed so that at the time of collecting the reel, the line does NOT unwind. If there is such a groove, then you will have to hold the fishing line with your finger to prevent it from unwinding during the further collection of the coil. Next, we take the outer part of the coil and threading the outer piece of fishing line into the existing hole, collect and put the coil back on the trimmer.
If the coil is designed to work with two tendrils, then do the following. On the inside of the reel, we look at how many grooves there are for winding the fishing line. There may be one or two of them. If there is only one groove, then both tendrils are wound along this one groove. If there are two grooves, then each antenna is wound along its own groove. Reels with one groove should have a through hole through which the fishing line is threaded. We rewind 2-4 m of fishing line, threading it through this hole so that the fishing line sticks out equally on each side. And we simultaneously wind both tendrils of the fishing line in one direction, opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil to the trim tabs and coinciding with the direction indicated by the arrow on the inside of the coil. We leave a little of the fishing line unwound, the resulting ends We fix in the Special grooves, and if they are not there, we hold them with our fingers. Threading both ends into the existing holes on the outer casing of the coil. We collect the coil and fasten it to the trimmers.
If there are two grooves, fold a piece of fishing line 2-4 m long in half. Insert the loop obtained at the place of the fold into the groove between the two grooves, and simultaneously wind both ends of the fishing line along its own groove. Further actions are similar to the previous option.
There are also spools in which the fishing line is threaded through a through hole on the inside. After that, the ends of the line, and not winding, are threaded completely through the holes on the outer body of the reel, assemble the reel and begin to rotate the button, which is usually pressed, in order to release the line during operation as it wears out. Turning the button. the line itself is wound inside. In this case, twisting it in the “wrong” direction will NOT work, since it can only rotate in one direction. If you get used to it, you can wind fishing line on such a reel without even disassembling it. you just need to combine the through hole of the inner drum with the holes on the outer body of the reel, and then thread the fishing line through them.
That’s all on this issue. Happy winding!
How to properly wind the line on the trimmer spool?
Despite the fact that gardening equipment has been used for quite some time, it is still a novelty for some owners of private houses. That is why there are often questions about how to properly wind the line on an electric or gasoline trimmer.
This is essentially a simple operation, but all its stages must be performed correctly in order to achieve the desired result. over, in the operating instructions, only a few manufacturers provide an answer to this sore question. Explore the article and find out how the line winds around the trimmer reel.
The procedure for winding the line on the trimmer spool
First of all, you should know that trimmers have different working attachments. The reel can be designed for different lengths and thicknesses of the line. this point should be taken into account when purchasing consumables.
So how does the line load into the trimmer reel? All work is divided into several stages:
- First you need to disassemble the trimmer head.
- Unscrew the nozzle by rotating the drum to the right.
- Press with your fingers on the two latches located on different sides of the tap holes and remove the top cover of the nozzle. You can pry off the cover with a screwdriver. This should be done carefully: reels with automatic line feed have a spring that can forcefully throw the cover along with all the contents of the reel.
- Remove old line scraps.
- Now you need to find the middle of the line. To do this, unwind it to the required length (for example, 10 m), cut and fold in half.
- Hook the middle of the line into the existing groove or insert it into the hole specially designed for this. And start winding. The direction is indicated by the arrow, which is usually marked on the trimmer reel body (usually against the rotation of the drum). Some models have a double-sided reel: in this case, the line should be wound in different directions: one end in one direction, the other in the other, while the loop of the line must be inserted into the dividing slot in the middle.
- Leave loose ends of the line about 20cm each. Later they will need to be fixed in the recess.
- And finally, the last step will be the assembly of the drum. Reinstall the washers and spring. On the top ring of the reel there are two notches where you need to tuck the antennae of the fishing line. Thread them through the holes and place the spool in the drum, trying to tighten the line without displacing the spring.
- Place the drum cover on top and close it with your fingers. The latches will snap into place with a distinctive click.
When you turn on the trimmer, excess line will be cut off by the trimmer blade.
As you can see, winding the line on the trimmer reel is not difficult: the main thing is to do everything right. And here are some more tips that will come in handy when choosing a fishing line, winding it and subsequent work:
- The line comes in a variety of thicknesses and cross-sections. The best option for winding is the “native” line for this model;
- Never use fishing line or metal cables for the trimmer. This replacement may seem effective, but it is very dangerous. Jumping off a working trimmer, the cable can seriously injure Not only the lawnmower himself, but also those around him;
- The line is cut when the trimmer is in contact with hard objects. Try not to allow this, otherwise you will have to stop each time, turn off the device and rewind the line on the reel;
- Use regular line for cutting lawn grass and braid line for coarse weeds. It is more durable and will not constantly cut.
What line is used for the trimmer?
There are several types of fishing line:
- The most durable is rounded;
- For Mowing soft vegetation. curly;
- For mowing thin grass. from a notch;
- Special. suitable for certain types of trimmer.
The section of the cutting thread must correspond to the vegetation to be cut.
If it is necessary to replace the fishing line, then it is necessary to select exactly the type recommended by the manufacturer of this particular trimmer model, that is, the thickness of the cutting thread should be suitable for the engine power and the size of the unit.
It is better to choose a specialized cutting thread. It is worth soaking the line for a while if you plan to replace it in the reel.
After soaking, it gains elasticity and becomes stronger.
The cutting thread can be made from different components. The most common among them is nylon.
This material is characterized by a high degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand various temperatures and high loads.
Nylon line can be stored for a long time, It will not dry out or lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
Lawnmower spools or heads have different structure:
- One-string. There is only one working line in the modification of such a trimmer. This unit is used mainly for small jobs, such as trimming grass.
- Two-stringed. They can be both automatic and semi-automatic. The package here includes two strings. This trimmer is used for mowing and clearing areas.
Instructions for correctly winding the cutting thread onto the trimmer spool:
- First of all, you need to disassemble the head. To do this, press the latch and return the cover to the side. Next, the spool is removed.
- Measure out the required amount of cutting thread and insert it into the slot.
- Wind the line on both sides in the direction of the arrow.
- Leave 15 cm ends NOT coiled.
- These ends are inserted into opposite slots.
- Then the ends are fixed in the hole on the head.
- After that, the spool is carefully inserted into the body, for this you need to slightly press on it.
- If necessary, you can pull the remaining ends of the thread outward. To do this, you first need to pull one end of the thread, and then the other so that they can easily pass through the slot on the head.
- Now you should collect the grooves on the body and screw the cover.
- Then press the spool and try to twist it all the way. If you hear a click, then the spool has clicked.
- Next, you need to pull the free ends of the thread to the end.
How to remove the spool from the trimmer?
To change or wind the cutting thread on the spool, it must be removed.
The complexity of its removal depends on the tool model:
- Low motor tool. The motor is almost in the ground here. To remove the coil you need to press the buttons located on the side of the trimmer. After pressing THESE buttons, the body opens, where the line spool is located.
- Curved bar trimmer. Here it is necessary to return a special lamb counterclockwise. Then the coil and the spring in it are removed.
- Straight bar tool. The bar is held still with a screwdriver or a second object. It is removed by turning it clockwise. After that, the tool is disassembled into parts and the bobbins are removed.
- If a tool with one tendril is used, then about four meters of thread will be needed. This thread is passed into a hole inside the spool where it can be fixed. Next, one end of the line is directed in the direction of the arrow. Then the end of this thread is fixed in the groove, which is in the bobbin. This is necessary so that the thread could not unwind when assembling the spool. If there are no grooves, hold the line with your hand and collect the bobbins.
- If a tool with two tendrils is used, then first check the number of grooves available.
If the reel is equipped with a semi-automatic mechanism, then the line is wound as follows:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Secure the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It must always be remembered that the cutting thread must be protected from hard things. This will extend its lifespan.
If you do not adhere to this rule, you will often have to stop work, remove the spool and change the thread to a new one.
Correct winding of the line to the trimmer spool. How to wind the line into the trimmer?
When threading the line for the first time, this process may seem quite laborious, but with time and skill, the task is solved much faster.
In order to fill the line, you must:
- Take the coil, Unscrew its cover. Some spools are threaded to the left, so the cover must be unscrewed in the required direction.
- Measure five meters of line;
- Fold this segment in half, that is, determine where the middle is;
- Next, place this middle of the line in a special hole on the reel;
- Wind the line in the direction of the arrow;
- If there are two places for winding, then the first part of the line should be wound on one half of the reel, and the second part on the other half;
- Both ends of the line are pushed into the reel holes;
- Screw the lid.
Threading the spools with thread of different types of bobbins
With two-string automatic heads:
- First you need to press the clip to the click, remove the cover.
- Carefully return the bobbins so that it can detach from the holder. Extract her.
- Measure two lengths of cutting thread of the same length. To make further work easier, the ends of the line must be cut off at an angle. Take one end and push it into a special hole in the coil. It can also be slots, grooves, clamps, etc.
- Further in the direction of the arrow, you need to wind the fishing line, and quite tightly and evenly. In a special eyelet on the reel, you need to fix the end of the fishing line.
- Subject the other half of the line to the same operation, only on the other half of the reel.
- The next step is to install the coil in the trimmer head. And thread the rest of the line through the hole in the head.
- Then carefully straighten the thread and close the lid. If the line turns out to be long, then it is better to cut off the excess. About fifteen centimeters should remain on each side.
On the semi-automatic head:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Secure the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It is necessary to very carefully and carefully thread the cutting thread into the unit, because not only the cleanliness of the garden area, but also personal safety depends on the correct winding of it.