How to Remove the Attachment From a gas trimmer
A chainsaw is a versatile tool. If it is equipped with additional equipment, then many useful devices can be constructed. One of such mechanisms is an angle grinder from a chainsaw. It is designed to process various materials of artificial and natural origin.
- Cutting discs (diamond and reinforced);
- Grinding wheel;
- Circular saw (for circumcision).
Instructions for installing and operating the nozzle are supplied with the kit. The angle grinder can not be mounted to all chainsaws, but only to mass-produced models.
The list of models to which the device can be connected is indicated in the nozzle documents. If such a model is not there, then the angle grinder device is checked for compatibility with the saw. To do this, remove the coupling and compare 2 diameters: the hole for landing on the pulley, an angle grinder and the crankshaft of the saw. If they are the same, then the tool can be connected. If different, then no. Types of nozzles "angle grinder" on the pulleys and their differences:
- A pulley with a closed cup according to the Stihl 180 type. Instead of a coupling, the device has a closed cup for mounting in the seat. The pulley is not subject to analysis. The crankshaft with needle bearing and the pulley bore have the same diameter. It is used for Stihl МС chainsaws (180, 170 and 250).
- Without a cup. To install the pulley, removing the coupler is not required. It is mounted on the drive wheel (drive sprocket) of the saw in several ways. Which option to choose, it depends on the width of the teeth of the sprocket. The product is easy to install, cheap and used for saws Taiga, Partner, Husqvarna.
- With sprocket replacement. There are a number of special pulleys that are made specifically for professional saws. This clutch with removable drive sprockets.
How to do it yourself
If it is not possible to purchase a factory nozzle, then you can independently make a cutter from a saw. To make a do-it-yourself angle grinder from a chainsaw, you need the following tools and materials:
- Working module (angle grinder);
- Professional saw with high power;
- Factory tires – 3 pcs. (40-50 cm);
- Drum – 2 pcs.;
Instructions for self-assembly of the device:
- The belt is laid along the tire.
- A pulley is attached to the drive sprocket, having previously installed it on the saw.
- The gear wheel located on the node of the angle grinder is pierced and cleaned.
- The pulley is assembled, adhering to the scheme, and fix it on the base by welding.
- To make the belt work smoothly, 2 guides shorten. Sharpening 1 tire is carried out for mounting the node angle grinder and weld them to the base.
- Then set the grinding wheels.
It is not difficult to make an angle grinder from a chainsaw if you use the drawings and adhere to the manufacturing instructions.
Correct nozzle installation
The device consists of a rotating pulley, fasteners and a protective shield. The rotation of the drum occurs through the motor, through a belt drive. To install the nozzle correctly, you need to study the installation instructions. Installation process:
- The guide located on the chainsaw is removed. Then the clutch with the sprocket is dismantled. The pulley is connected to the drive shaft of the saw sprocket.
- A drive belt or gear is connected to the saw blade. This will reduce the torque in the new tool.
- The adapter is fixed to the tool using the pins attached to the angle grinder. If they are not there, fittings from the saw bar will do.
Pros and cons of solving
For the manufacture of an angle grinder, various types of hand-held electric and gasoline tools are suitable. The simplest and most convenient option is a device assembled on the basis of a saw with a chain. The advantages of homemade devices:
Despite all its advantages, the tool has several disadvantages. Angle grinder air filters are clogged with metal dust. Because of this, the engine gradually stalls and crashes. Also, a person may be injured from using an angle grinder. Sometimes during operation, the disks do not withstand the load and burst. Under the influence of traction, they fly apart. To protect yourself from injury, you need to choose discs up to 115 mm in diameter and use a protective cover.
Video: How to Remove the Attachment From a gas trimmer
At first glance, a simple device for mowing grass using a two-stroke engine, has a fine tuning. Lawn mowing repair must be entrusted to a specialist or to study the technique yourself, using the instruction manual. Maintenance of the spit is necessary. Gearbox lubrication, fishing line replacement, tooth grinding can be carried out on their own.
Faults of lawn mowers and methods for their elimination
Any type of lawn mower has a hollow rod, in which a connecting cable is placed between the motor shaft and the lower gear, which transfers rotation to the working body with a cutting tool. In the upper part there is a carburetor and a motor, at the bottom there is a gearbox and working tool, closed by a casing. In the middle part there is a transverse handle in which the control buttons are located. For unloading the hands, there is an unloading belt holding the bar with the torso of the operator.
They follow this, lawn mowing repair consists in troubleshooting;
- The engine does not start;
- The cutting mechanism is not gaining momentum;
- Engine stalls;
- Gearbox warms up;
- An extraneous knock is heard, strong boom vibration.
Before fixing the malfunction, it is necessary to carry out a diagnosis, to determine a non-working node.
It is important to know the lubrication points of the tool. Constant care, cleaning the device after work will extend its life. Before work, it is necessary to tighten the mounting bolts, prepare fuel and refuel the tank.
Chainsaw Engine Does Not Start
If the mechanism does not start, it immediately dies, and consistently check:
- Is there fuel in the tank?
- Good condition of the spark plug;
- Clean air and fuel filters;
- Clean breather and exhaust channel.
It is necessary to make sure that the candle is working, it gives a spark in contact with the body. In this case, it is necessary to dry the candle channel, clean and dry the part itself. You can change the candle, but the channel still needs to be dried for 40 minutes. Check the serviceability of the high-voltage wire; there may not always be a contact. Malfunction in the ignition unit when repairing lawn mowers, do not fix it yourself.
If the engine filter does not stall when the air filter is removed, the reason is that it requires replacement or cleaning. Replace the filter with fuel with great care. After checking the cleanliness of the breather, remove the silencer mesh and clean the exhaust channel.
The next step will be to repair the carburetor, where you have to find the fault and fix it, taking into account the tiny dimensions of the parts. If the simplest operations did not bring results, in order not to violate the fine-tuning of the system, it is better to entrust the repair to a specialist. How to start the diagnosis and how to properly repair your lawn mowers with your own hands, check out the video:
Repair and lubrication of the lawn mowing gear
The role of the gearbox is to transmit torque from the motor shaft to the cutting tool through 2 gears with different numbers of teeth. The torque is transmitted at an angle of 30 0. The number of revolutions of the lower cutting disc is 1.4 times less than the engine speed. Gears must be clean and lubricated. To supply oil to the teeth, there is a hole under the screw on top.
First, the place where the cork closes the hole should be cleaned of earth and grass. Unscrew the cork with the appropriate tool, it is supplied with the saw. Use grease from the tube. Either native lubricant from the manufacturer or well-known high-quality compounds such as Oleo-Mas, Litol. 24, Azmol 158. Are selected. We open the protective layer of the tube and lay the tool on its side. Slowly rotating the knife, squeeze out the grease into the gear housing. Gears, turning, spread the composition with teeth over the entire surface. You can also pour grease with a special syringe.
Lack of or a large amount of grease can cause the gearbox to heat up. An audible knock and play signal the destruction of the bearing or the ingress of dirt due to damage to the anthers. Bearings must be replaced using a puller, without using the heating method.
If the gearbox staggers and moves along the boom, it is necessary to replace the housing, or temporarily tighten the assembly with a clamp to fix it to the pipe. If the knife does not rotate, then the gears do not mesh – the teeth are worn or crumbled. A pair replacement with a full analysis of the node will be required.
When replacing the gearbox, it is necessary to choose a new unit, being guided by:
- Pipe diameter;
- Drive shaft diameter;
- Section of the drive shaft;
- Ways to attach protection
The saw headset dulls or wears out over time. Work with the tool becomes intense, the load increases, the quality of the swath is deteriorating. Metal saw blades sharpen, plastic change.
If the fishing line serves as the cutting tool, it gradually wears out, and new material is installed in the coil. The principle of operation of the cutter with fishing line is the gradual unwinding of the coil under the action of centrifugal force. Upon contact with the grass, the fishing line is abraded and fed gradually from the reel. A special winding is needed so that the two cutting elements come out simultaneously and do not get confused with each other.
The figure shows how to properly wind the line on the lawn mowing coil. Before you rewind a new fishing line you need:
- Having unscrewed the nozzle, carefully remove the cover, holding the spring by hand;
- Remove scraps of old fishing line from the coil;
- Measure 5 meters of a new string and fold it in half;
- In the coil, guides for 2 ends, hook the middle part into the recess and wind in the direction of the arrows for each half of the string;
- Spend the remaining 20 cm through special recesses at opposite ends of the coil;
- Install the spring and washers, bring the ends of the fishing line out, close the drum with a lid.
In order to better understand how to change the line on the lawn mower, watch the video.