How to sharpen a circle from circular. General sharpening requirements
How to sharpen a disc for circular saw
The use of disc saws is especially common in construction. Most of the work needs to conduct cuts and change the shapes and sizes of finished materials. The circular saw helps to cope with such tasks quickly and get a qualitative result. But the tool is not able to serve forever, sooner or later it can swell. It is for this that it is necessary to know exactly how the teeth for a saw in domestic conditions can be flooded.
Checking a disco for wear is an important question that should be paid to special attention. Deep damage leads to the inability to sharpen a circle. There are three main features by which you can understand that the saw needs to be sharpened or replaced:
- Strong heating of a protective casing and smoke formation. The circular saw has a special casing, which signals that the saw was dull by heating. In particularly difficult situations, smoke may appear from it.
- Sometimes a saw device involves a mechanical feed (if you need to control the pressure of pressure yourself). In such a situation, wear can be seen if the pressure has to strengthen.
- If when sawing wood on the workpiece, a fog and a strong unpleasant smell form.
All situations that are described above tell the user that it is time to hide the device.
How to find out that it’s time to sharpen a disk
Cutting discs for processing wood and wood materials abrupt and wear out over time, which helps to reduce their performance. To restore the effectiveness of the cutting tool, you will need to sharpen the teeth. To find out that you need to sharpen the teeth on the disk, you can subsequent factors:
- To cut wood, it is necessary to make the efforts of the instrument pressed to the sawing workpiece
- The occurrence of smoke coming from under the protective casing is observed
- Excessive heating of the protective casing occurs
- There are signs of the smell of Gary. This means that the teeth do not saw the wood, but cut it
The operation of a faulty nozzle on a power tool leads to the fact that the performance of the work is reduced, and the likelihood of an early failure of the power tool and the nozzle itself is increased. Reducing performance helps to increase the load on the electric motor, which eventually begins to overheat and fails.
Sharpening of disk drank
Disk saws with carbide teeth consist of a canvas (disk) made of steel 9XF, 65g, 50XFA, etc., and carbide plates playing the role of incisors.
In domestic saws, special tungsten.Baltic alloys of VK grades (VK6, VK15, etc. Are used as a material for cutting plates. The number means the percentage of cobalt). VK6 has hardness 88.5 HRA, VK15. 86 HRA. Foreign manufacturers use their alloys. Solid alloys of VK consist mainly of a tungsten carbide of cubalt. The characteristics of the alloy depend not only on its chemical composition, but also the size of the carbide phase grain. The smaller the grain, the higher the hardness and strength of the alloy.
Fasten carbide plates to the disk with a high.Temperature ration. As a material for soldering, at best, silver solders are used (PSR-40, PSR-45), in the worst case-copper-zinc solders (L-63, MNMC-68-4-2).
Geometry of carbide tooths
The carbide tooth has four working planes. The front (a), the rear (b), and two auxiliary side (c). Crossing each other, these planes form the cutting edges. The main (1) and two auxiliary (2 and 3). The above determination of the faces and edges of the tooth is given in accordance with GOST 9769-79.
The following types of teeth are distinguished by form.
Direct tooth. It is usually used in saws for longitudinal fast sawing, in which quality does not matter much.
Oblique (mowed) tooth with the left and right angle of inclination of the posterior plane. Teeth with different angles of inclination alternate with each other, which is why they are called alternately, scrape. This is the most common tooth form. Depending on the size of the angles of sharpening, saws with alternately, a slotted tooth are used for sawing a variety of materials (wood, chipboard, plastics). Both in the longitudinal and transverse direction. Saws with a large angle of inclination of the posterior plane are used as subcutaneous when cutting plates with bilateral lamination. Their use avoids coating chips on the edges of the cut. An increase in the angle of bevel reduces the cutting force and reduces the danger of chips, but at the same time reduces the resistance and strength of the tooth.
Oblique tooth with a beveled rear plane
Teeth can be tilt not only the rear, but also the front plane.
Oblique tooth with a beveled front plane
Trapezoidal tooth. A feature of these teeth is a relatively slow speed of the cutting edges in comparison with alternately slipped teeth. Usually they are used in combination with a straight tooth.
Alternation of teeth of various shapes
Alternating with the latter and slightly towering over it, a trapezoidal tooth performs a black saw, and a straight line, the following is a final. Saws with alternating straight and trapezoidal teeth are used to cut stides with bilateral lamination (chipboard, MDF, etc.), as well as for sawing plastics.
Conical tooth. Saws with a conical tooth are auxiliary and are used to cut the lower layer of laminate, protecting it from chips when the main saw passes through.
In the vast majority of cases, the front faces of the teeth have a flat shape, but there are saws with a concave front line. They are used for finishing transverse sawing.
A tooth with a concave front surface
Sharpening angles of teeth
There are four main angles of sharpening of the disc saw, which along with the shape of the tooth determine its characteristics. This is the front angle (γ), the rear (α) and the angles of the bead of the front and rear planes (εone and ε2). The angle of pointing (β) has an auxiliary value, since it is set by the front and rear angles (β = 90 °.-γ-α).
Sharpening angles of the disk saw
The values of the sharpening angles are determined by the purpose of the saw. T.E. Those for cutting what material and in which direction it is intended. Pilas for longitudinal sawing have a relatively large front angle (15 °.25 °). In the saw of transverse saw, the angle γ usually ranges from 5-10 °. Universal saws designed for transverse and longitudinal sawing have an average value of the front angle. Usually 15 °.
The sizes of sharpening angles are determined not only by the direction of the saw, but also by the hardness of the sawed material. The higher the hardness, the less the front and the rear angles (less to the tooth is less).
The front angle can be not only positive, but also negative. Saws with this angle are used for cutting non.Ferrous metals and plastics.
The basic principles of sharpening
The main wear of the carbide tooth occurs along its main (upper) cutting edge. In the process, the latter is rounded to 0.1-0.3 mm. The front wears out of the faces the most quickly.
When sawing massive blanks, lateral faces are also carried out by Rapid wear.
Do not allow excessive sawing of the saw. The radius of rounding the cutting edge should not exceed 0.1-0.2 mm. In addition to the fact that when working with a highly blunt saw, performance sharply falls, it takes several times more time to sharpen it than to sharpen a saw with a normal blunt. The degree of gear can be determined both by the teeth themselves and by the appearance of the cut, which they leave.
Sharpening of disks
An experienced master usually immediately understands when the teeth begin to become unusable. This can be determined by the following signs:
If the teeth are swept away, it is advisable to sharpen the saw as quickly as possible. Many home craftsmen mistakenly believe that you can get an injury from acute saw much faster than dumb. In fact, the situation is exactly the opposite. Such a paradox is simply explained: when the saw.Jacket wields a dull saw, he has to apply physical strength. If you are incorrectly calculated by force or attach it to the wrong direction, injuring the hand is very easy. And if the sawer operates with a well.Sharpened tool, no effort is required, the main thing is accurate and neat movements.
Using a special machine
Of course, the easiest way to sharpen the disk saw on a special industrial production machine. Such machines are quite expensive. It is profitable to purchase a grinding machine for personal use only if the home master works daily and cuts large volumes of wood. As well as sharpening services are provided in many specialized stores. The machine for sharpening saws something vaguely resembles a pottery circle on which a saw disk is spinning, placed strictly in a horizontal plane. The sharpening process consists of the following stages:
Having grinded saw discs on the machine is very convenient. The main thing is to observe safety precautions and in no case correct the saw disk while the machine works. All disk manipulations are performed only with a toe.Cutting machine turned off.
Many home craftsmen cope with sharpening disk saws without a special machine perfectly. Most of the owners of circular saws have long been accustomed to grind saw wheels on weight, using an ordinary file or other improvised sharpening tools. However, this method is very uncomfortable and traumatic. In addition, with manual sharpening, you can accidentally skip individual teeth. Therefore, this method is not worth using.
Experienced sawmen usually make a round wooden stand for sharpening saws, on which a saw disk is placed. The principle of operation of such mini-landings is about the same as the principle of operation of industrial production machines.
Masters believe that before sharpening, the saw discs should be slightly wet. This greatly facilitates sharpening. To do this, grinders moisten the saw disks of water th and various chemicals. However, experts argue that in fact this method brings only harm. Any liquid corrodes the metal and causes its corrosion, that is, it contributes to the appearance of rust.
During independent sharpening, you need to be careful so as not to miss a single tooth. Even if only a few cloves are dull, and the rest remained sharp, you need to sharpen absolutely all the teeth. She will work correctly Only if all the sawing elements are sharpened the same.
To sharpen a disc saw independently is not as difficult as it seems. How to hide the saw, on an industrial production machine or on a primitive stand, each home master chooses himself. However, in any case, it is necessary to strictly observe the elementary safety precautions and grind the teeth as acute as possible. If difficulties arise related to the sharpening of a disc home at home, you should consult a specialist. If you regularly put the circular saw in order, it will serve faithfully for many years.
Any cutting tool tends to dull during operation. This also applies to carbular saw discs, which must be regularly sharpened in order to saw the tree of the tree quickly and efficiently.
The easiest way to drag the teeth on a disk saw is the use of a conventional file. But when working with your own hands, over bringing a cutting tool to working condition, there are many difficulties that only a good specialist who has a fairly great experience can deal with. It is much easier, faster and more efficient to use a home.Made machine for sharpening disk saws or a sharpening machine for discs for discs for this operation.
If there is a home.Made electric sharpener for disk saws, regardless of the factory, it is a tool or homemade, you should know the basic principles of using such equipment. Especially when there is a need to sharpen the teeth of saw discs that have different geometry and angles of tightening.
Sharpening and wiring saw
The main cutting element of any manual saw is a series of teeth cut on the canvas and representing cutters in the form of wedges. The wood, in the manufacture of all kinds of products from it, is sawn along, across and at an angle θ to its fibers, in this regard, transverse, longitudinal sawing and sawing at an angle to its fibers are distinguished and, in each case, the appropriate type of saw is used, which differs from other forms teeth.
A. Transverse sawing; b. Longitudinal sawing; 1. Wood; 2. Drank; 3. Marking line for sawing; Θ is the angle of tilt to the fibers of wood during mixed sawing.
During transverse sawing, transverse saws are used, the cutting edges of the teeth of which, when moving in wood, is interrupted by its fibers as a knife and form a cut. The longitudinal sawing differs from the transverse in that the direction of movement of the saw parallel to wood fibers. The front edges of the teeth of the longitudinal drank string the wood, like knives in the shirts, and, deepening, form a cut. When sawing wood at an angle θ to its fibers, universal (mixed) saws with teeth, which are an intermediate shape of the teeth of transverse and longitudinal saws are used.
Sharpening of the saw
In the process of work, the teeth of the saw are blunt, the cutting front and lateral edges are rounded, the pile of the saw becomes heavy and it is necessary to crush it greatly. Experienced masters in the brilliance of the cutting edges and tops of the teeth and the sound of the saw easily determine its acuteness. To restore the cutting ability of the teeth, they are pulled by files or files, giving them sharpness and preserving their parameters: angles, steps and heights.
Sharpening of teeth drank. In its kind art that requires fidelity of hands, good eye, attention. It is not difficult to learn this matter, it is necessary to have a desire and clearly adhere to the following rules:
- The saw canvas must be rigidly fixed in a special device made of wood, which is also steadily installed on a well.Lit desktop. Sharpening of teeth drank on stools or knees does not give a satisfactory result.
- You should use a personal file, followed by stripping the sharpened faces of the teeth with velvet (with a small notch) or a file. It is desirable that the file is new, sharp and with a mounted handle. If at the right time it was not the same, then you can use a used, but necessarily cleaned with a steel brush and grated with wood coal, so that the file does not clog and does not stupor. When sharpening the tooth, the file should cling to its metal and remove its layer depending on the strength of pressure. And if it slides down the tooth without removing the metal, then the teeth of the saw are rolled or the file is Istrut. In this case, it is necessary to repeat the sharpening with a new file. If in this case it slides along the tooth, then it remains to take another saw.
- The handle of the file is clamped with the right hand, and its end holds the end with his left hand and the file is directed to the teeth of the saw. About the work of the file, depending on the type of saw, is described below.
- The pressure of the file on the teeth should be smooth and uniform and only one way from itself. When the file is returned to the starting position, he should not touch the teeth.
- We must try to grind the metal from the faces of the teeth of the minimum of the same thickness, the lead of the file is the same number of times with the same pressure, which allows you to maintain the values of the angles, the step and height of the teeth after sharpening.
- On the faces of the tooth from the side of the file of the file, burrs are formed, which reduce the sharpness of the tooth, and if you do not remove it, then during the operation of the saw they are painted, and the teeth are significantly blunt. To remove the burrs, the edges of the teeth are wetted with a file with a velvet notch and the burrs from the side faces with a wet donkey are removed.
- After sharpening the teeth, it is necessary to check their sharpness. Look at the tip of the needles and the edge of the razor blade: they, sharpened, do not shine in the light. And if they lick them, then rounded surfaces appear on the tip of the needles and on the edge of the blade, which reflecting the light, sparkle well. On this principle, a check of the quality of sharpening of teeth saws was built. For this, the saw is placed in front of the eyes and examine its teeth along the canvas. If their cutting edges and peaks do not shine, then the teeth of the saw are saturatedly stumbled, and if some of the teeth with brilliance (often it happens), then they need to be undermined by a file with a velvet notch, remove the burrs and again check the reflection of the light with their edges and peaks.
Cross saws. The teeth of the transverse saws are pulled, using a trihedral file with a fine notch with an angle at a top of 60 °.
To sharpen the teeth, the saw is clamped in a special device, which allows you to install its canvas at an angle of 45-50 ° to the plane of the desktop. The file is carried out in parallel to the desktop at an angle of 60-75 ° to the saw canvas and thus, in the first tooth, the left line is pulledoneBUT2AT2ATone.
Sharpening of the transverse saw:1. Sawing canvas; 2. Sharpened tooth; 4. Sharpening device; 5. Desktop for sharpening saws; 6, 8. Directions of the file 7 in relation to the desktop and the sharpened teeth of the saw; 9. Line of bending of teeth during their divorce
Sharpen the teeth of the saw in several tricks. First, they pass the files along the left edges of the odd teeth located in the far row, setting up hands on the same movement. Then they pass a file on the right faces of the same odd teeth, completing the sharpening of the main cutting edges with very sharp peaks. After the sharpening of the odd teeth is completed, the saw canvas in the solid device turn over and thus sharpen even teeth, which ended up in the far row. When sharpening the teeth of transverse saws, it is necessary to carefully monitor that the sharp main cutting edges with the dual-sided angle φ = 60-75 °, a short cutting edge and a sharp peak are obtained in each tooth.
Types of sharpening
The process itself is divided directly into three types:
One. Sharpening of the front surface of a straight tooth
The tooth and the abrasive circle are installed perpendicular to each other, given that the saw itself should have a horizontal position. In the event that the machine does not provide an angular slope scale, you can use a pendulum angler. Next, you need to fix the tools tightly.
The process itself is the contact of the abrasive circle and the giving surface of the back and forth through the mechanism in the machine, with the simultaneous pressing of the tooth to the circle in manual mode. This process is repeated with each saw tooth.
For convenience, you can make a marked on the tooth from which sharpening began.
Sharpowing mowed on the front surface of the tooth
This type of sharpening provides for the execution of the same actions as before, with the timeline, that the angle of inclination must be changed in accordance with the location of the teeth. You can measure the tilt with a pendulum carpet. First, positive corners of the tooth are Nature.
Read also: How to lower the speed of the grinder
- Each second busty is pulled;
- Then the angle changes to the negative;
- The remaining teeth are processed.
- Sharpening of the rear surface
This process provides for the possibility of changing the position of the disk so that the back plane of the attack is in contact with the abrasive circle.
If there is no sharpening machine, you can make everything with your own hands. How to sharpen a disk with your own hands:
- Make a support for a saw that will fix the saw. This device must hold the saw tightly, otherwise the process will pose a danger to the contractor;
- Adapt the stand on which the disk itself will be located (if necessary, the angle of inclination can be changed to support);
Important! Abrasive saw and saw disk should be perpendicular to each other. To fix the disc saw in its center so that it is in contact with the circle in the right position (to observe the same rear and front sharpening angles)
To fix the disc saw in its center so that it is in contact with the circle in the right position (to observe the same rear and front sharpening angles).
It should be remembered that after sharpening on the winning teeth there should not be chips, cracks, gaps and other defects. If glare is not visible on the cutter, then the work is done correctly.
It should also be noted that the sharpened tooth plane and subsequently processed material are dependent on each other. If the material of the workpiece is solid, then the attacks should not be too pointed. Sharpening of disk saws is a mandatory event during the operation of this equipment
Wood processing requires at the disposal of the master of tools with the corresponding cutting properties. Like sharpening chains of chainsaws, disc saws require increased attention. If you do not eliminate the shortcomings in time, over time the tool will begin to dull much faster
Sharpening of disk saws is a mandatory event during the operation of this equipment. Wood processing requires at the disposal of the master of tools with the corresponding cutting properties. Like sharpening chains of chainsaws, disc saws require increased attention. If you do not eliminate the shortcomings in time, over time the tool will begin to dull much faster.
Types of teeth
Teeth are divided dependent on the shape of the cutting edge and the direction of its inclination. A straight tooth is suitable for soft wood. It cuts the main edge located perpendicular to the spit fish trimmer line. When developing a groove, a selection with an even bottom comes into details.
The inclined blade is evenly cut into the wood rock, increasing the load. The working region can be placed with a slope to the right and left. The largest productivity are discs with alternately, slipped teeth.
For dense breeds, trapezoid sharpening is used, when 3 main cutting edges form a trapezoid.
Each tooth type has its own designation. The table contains the main types of sharpening cutting plates on disk saws.
Teshopel of type dentistry cutting the cutter of the cutting edge with a straight tooth1
Followedly slipped, at an angle of 40⁰gs.In.Abrasive1
With trapezoidal and straight1 and 3 drawing of straight and beveled toothpicks3
Not counting the main cutting edges there are auxiliary: the back and side. They form a cut, remove the bulges left after the blade.
Sharpening of disk saws with his own hands. Technology for execution
The process of building private houses and various buildings will be quite complicated, without the use of a circular saw. It was much better than many for a tree, because it exceeds them in accuracy and cleanliness of the cut.
Due to the fact that this tool is actively operated, it wear out quite quickly, and therefore sharpening disk saws with your own hands becomes extremely necessary.
What will be needed to sharpen the discs of the circular saw
First of all, it is necessary to prepare the appropriate components that will allow you to properly sharpen the saw disk on the tree. It is important to provide the presence of the following tools:
How to understand that it is time to sharpen a disc saw
Sharpening of a disc saw should only be carried out if the corresponding need occurs in this. You can recognize the onset of such a moment by two clear signs. In particular, conducting urgent sharpening of a disk saw on wood is necessary:
- With the regular occurrence of severe heating on the safety cover of the saw in the electric motor. In some cases, with this increase in temperature indicators, smoke is released under the casing.
- With strong pressure on the tool to obtain a good saw in the process of processing the material.
- If dark marks appear, traces of soot on wood and a characteristic smell of burning wood. This arises due to the fact that the teeth drank blunt.
Varieties of sharpening cutting teeth
For a better understanding of how to sharpen disk saws, you need to study the features and structure of those parts of the tool through which the material is sawing. Cutting teeth are the main element involved in sawing wood.
They are made of carbide metal. The cutting teeth consist of 4 working flat surfaces: the front (a), the posterior (b) and two lateral planes (c), which have an auxiliary role. Through one main (1) and two additional (2 and 3) cutting edges, the intersection lines form, each indicated working plane.
Depending on its configuration, the disc saw can have various types of cutting teeth:
- Direct type of teeth. Often used for accelerated prophy. Do not have the ideal quality of the saw.
- Mowed (oblique) type of teeth. Have a characteristic corner cut on the right and left rear surfaces. In some cases, the discs have teeth with a different side of the bevel that alternate throughout the saw of the saw. Using such discs, you can saw wood, chipboard and various plastic. A large bevel angle provides high.Quality cut without chip on the cutting edge.
- Trapezoidal type of teeth. The cross section of the cutting surfaces has a trapezoidal form. This configuration allows you to work without blunting for a long period of time. Often the disk has straight teeth that alternate with trapezoidal. In such cases, the trapezoidal element plays the main role in black sawing, while with the help of direct type of teeth, cleaning processing is performed.
- The conical type of teeth. They have a cone.Shaped look. As a rule, they perform an auxiliary function for preliminary incisions on the laminate. The conical type of teeth is processed by the specified flooring. Such a saw allows you to prevent chips on the material, as often happens when using the main saw.
Video “Sharpening of discs for the circular saw”
The process of sharpening a saw circular disk.
The principle and angle of sharpening of the discs for the circular saw
The working part of the circular saw is pulled on 4 main angles of sharpening. They belong to the main technical parameters of the cutting disk, as well as the type of shape of cutting teeth.
It is worth noting that all the teeth of the circular saw are characterized by the front (γ), the rear (α) corners, as well as the angle of cutting of the front and posterior surface (ε1 and ε2). The value of each indicated angle must correspond to the purpose of the sawing devices, the sawed materials and the direction of sawing.
Plantings of the front angles for transverse types of cut are in the limit of 5 °. 10 °. Universal options used for processing materials in all types of direction are standardly pulled under 15 °.
At the same time, the fact that the cut objects possess on the value of this angle is also influenced. Their value has a strict dependence: with a greater hardness of the material, which is subjected to the cut, the cutting teeth should be less pointed.
According to the main principle of sharpening of teeth on a carbide saw disk, it is important to consider that during prolonged operation the most significant wear processes occur on the upper cutting edges. As a result, with intensive use of their lines can be rounded to 0.3 mm or more. Regarding the planes of the teeth, it is worth noting that the greatest wear occurs on the front surfaces.
With proper sharpening of the cutting element, such forms of cutting edges should be provided, in which the radius of their rounding will not exceed the value of 0.2 mm. In this regard, it is recommended to perform parallel grinding of the metal on the front and rear planes of the teeth. The use of this method is considered the most appropriate. It is possible to sharpen only one front plane, but in such cases more time costs are required to perform this operation. In addition, there will be a faster grinding of the teeth, since it becomes necessary to grind a larger layer of metal from the front surfaces.
The standard layer for growing metal is a value of 0.05-0.15 mm.
How to sharpen a disc saw with your own hands
You can sharpen the saw at home completely independently. For these purposes, there is no need to visit the workshop to use a specialized tochline machine or purchase it. It is quite expensive, and for sharpening it is used in rare cases, unless of course you plan to use it for major production purposes.
Basic sharpening methods
Several methods help to restore the severity of the teeth of the cutting element of the disc saw. Classic, manual and automated. In the first case, a vice is needed, in the second. A file and suprafili with diamond spraying. Sharpening using the machine is considered the simplest procedure, but requires good material investments for the purchase of equipment.
Sharpening of a disc saw: classic method
They begin to grind the disk from the rear surface, the front one remains in a constant position. At the same time, you can not remove the circles from the saw or install it in a vice. In the first case, the machine must be disconnected from the network. The order and principle of actions in both cases are identical. The disk is fixed with 2 bars, which are tightly pressed to the teeth, in one position, which avoids the movement of the processed element. The side of the first tooth to be sharpened is marked with a marker.
At the end of the procedure, a disk performance is required by cutting unnecessary workpiece. At the same time, they control the work of the saw. The absence of extraneous noise, the smell of burning and the uneven movement of the processed material indicates Proper operation. If an extraneous creak is noted, then it is recommended to fix the felt.Tip pen near the saw and slowly turn the disk. Such manipulation will show where the height of the teeth is less or more than the rest.
How to sharpen a disk
The use of special machines allows you to quickly and easily flood the circular saw. The main task is Control over the air supply angle. The operator sets it 1 time, and then moves the teeth to the processing area, easily pressing their planes to the sharpener circle.
The simplest machine consists of the following structural elements:
- Engine with a system of fastening of a sharpening circle;
- Guides with a moved stand that serves the saw canvas to the work area;
- The cutting of the cutting element of the saw, holding the tool in a constant position when serving to a solid circle.
Before sharpening, the disk is necessarily disinfected.
A manual file is used for sharpening steel disks, Since when processing the cutting edge of the elements with winning attacks, it is difficult to withstand the right angle. The procedure is carried out, as in the previous case, after the wiring of the teeth.
Feeling With the following actions, You will understand how to sharpen the circular manually:
- The cutting element is clamped in a vice or clamp between 2 wooden bars 100 mm long and a cross section of 50×50 mm so that the surface is in a horizontal position.
- The marker is celebrated by the first tooth that is subject to processing.
- Take a file, the thickness of which allows him to freely go into the openings between neighboring teeth.
- The sharpener is applied to one side to the processed surface, and the other to the bar.
- Slow movements with the same effort sharpen each tooth.
The use of this method is considered rational when the saw is inexplicable, since it is much more difficult to sharpen in comparison with other methods. With frequent operation of the tool, it is better to purchase Special machine.
How to sharpen a disc from a circular
The best option will be the presence of the initial template, according to which you can correct the geometry of the cutting edge. Often it is made of thin.Walled stainless metal, less often from dense cardboard.
Chards teeth are made according to GOST 9769-79. But their geometry and geometric dimensions are determined by the manufacturer based on the purpose of the saw. If the template is absent, it is necessary to independently determine the required sharpening angles. To do this, it is recommended to use a pendulum carpet.
Do.It.Yourself manufacturing technology.
- Take a new disc with attacks, which is completely identical.
- On a solid sheet of cardboard, draw exact contours.
- Using a pendulum angular, determine the initial geometry of carbide attacks.
- Data to put on a template.
In the future, it can be used for independent sharpening on the machine or provided as a sample for companies providing such services.
Additionally, it is recommended to compare the obtained data with the reference. In saws for longitudinal cutting of the cut, the front angle is usually 15 °.25 °. For transverse models, this indicator ranges from 5 ° to 10 °. In universal models, the front angle is 15 °.
It is important to remember that the front angle can be negative. Similar models are used for cutting plastic sheets and non.Ferrous metals
Types of cutting teeth
Four planes are located on the surface of the teeth. The front, back and two side.
At the time of intersection with each other, they create a single cutting edge, thanks to which the surface sawing occurs.
- Direct tooth. Most often it is used only for conducting an early longitudinal saw. During such work, the quality and accuracy are practically not important.
- A oblique tooth. The back plane of such a part is tilted to the right or left. At the saw, these teeth are often alternated, because of which they are called “variable-wrecked”. Such teeth are used in tools most often. The size of the angles can be different, this is due to the coating of the processed surface. Wood, chipboard, plastic. They are used for longitudinal and transverse movements. A large angle of inclination on tools is used when cutting plates with bilateral lamination. This helps to avoid chips of material. The larger the beveled angle, the easier the saw passes through the surface. But this significantly increases the likelihood of a tooth breakdown. On some products, teeth are tilted not only from behind, but also in front.
- Trapezoidal tooth. The main advantage of this type is that the edge is stupid slowly. But they are rarely used separately, usually alternated with straight teeth. During the operation of the device, the trapezoidal teeth are located above the straight lines, so they take on the main (black) work on sawing. Direct teeth are finished processing. Such a saw design is used to cut plastic, chipboard and MDF.
- Conical tooth. This type of tooth is considered additional, since it only helps to cut the lower part of the material (most often laminate). This design allows you to protect the surface from chips and cracks. Conicular teeth usually have a straight front line, but it also happens in a concave. This type is used to finish the cutting.
Before starting work, it is necessary to de.Energize the tool, the detail of which has lost its previous characteristics. The disk is tightly fixed using special bars, which are placed on both sides. For all teeth, marks are placed on the canvas, while equal efforts and an identical number of tool movements are applied in the process. So you can perform high.Quality, uniform disk processing.
The part is set back after reaching the required type and checking the sharpening angles. Next, you need to make a test cut on the machine and make sure of the work carried out
It is important that all the teeth are placed on one plane, otherwise the movement of the bar will be uneven, and the work of the machine will be accompanied by a characteristic noise. This is also possible if some teeth require adjustment
5 Ways To Sharpen A Knife Without A Sharpener
If the sharpening of the saw discs is performed independently, it is worth remembering the divorce of the edges, in which all the teeth are gradually bent in different directions, but the distance between them remains the same. These actions can be performed using a special tool called wiring, it provides an uniform bend in the middle part of all elements. After such a procedure, the saw will acquire a more free move, and the width of the cut will be larger.
Given the fact that the cut is carried out not by the disk itself, but by its edges, which gradually remove the layers of wood, it becomes clear that with an increase in the divorce of the teeth, the likelihood of jamming is reduced, and the cut acquires a large width. It is worth noting that in this case, you have to make more efforts to work the tool. In the absence of special devices, many use a diligence for breeding tooths, but such a technique has many restrictions and is not suitable for all saws.
How To Sharpen Hand Tools With Dremel Rotary Tool
The type of wiring primarily affects the wood breed, which will subsequently be processed. For example, to obtain an even saw, without any shortcomings and outputs on a soft breed, a large wiring is required. It is desirable that the teeth deviate in the selected side by 5-10 mm. Sharpening of saw wheels on wood is carried out only after the wiring, otherwise the teeth will be unsuitable for use due to the deformation.
What teeth are on cutting nozzles
Any cutting device is based on teeth, the quality of sharpening of which affects the efficiency and performance. Teeth on the nozzles are made directly from carbide materials. To increase the service life, the teeth are applied from the winning, which allows you to extend the resource of the working nozzle 5-6 times.
The number of cutting teeth on the circle depends on its diameter. The teeth consist of the front and back, which differ in design, as well as lateral. The teeth in appearance (geometry) are classified into the following types:
- Straight lines. A type of teeth used for longitudinal sawing of sheet material
- Trapezoidal shape. Cutting links look like a trapezoid, which is an advantage. They need sharpening very rarely
- Credone links are the most common type of teeth, which is characterized by the presence of an angular bevel on the rear or front part. This design allows you to cut not only wood, but also other types of materials, such as fiberboard, chipboard, plywood and even plastic
- Conical ones. Have the form of a cone, but their main drawback in fast dulling, so they need frequent sharpening. They are used not only for transverse, but also longitudinal sawing of sheet material
Manufacturers also produce circular saw discs with active and passive links. Depending on the type of teeth, the process of sharpening is different. To properly sharpen the teeth on the circular saw, you will need to correctly determine the angle of their sharpening.
How to sharpen a disk
Two methods are used to restore the integrity of the cutting discs. This is manual and automated. Manual method to carry out the procedure not only difficult, but also a lot of time is required. That is why it makes sense to buy a sharpening machine for saw wheels or make the device yourself.
A simple device for sharpening saw discs is considered a sharpener or sandpaper, on the shaft of which you need to fix a special circle. Diamond, elbore, as well as from spraying of silicon carbide. The difficulty of implementing the process is that the sharpened equipment must be fixed in a fixed position, so it is not recommended to hold the disk in hand when sharpening it. This is not only dangerous, but also helps to reduce the quality of sharpening.
It is interesting! Before proceeding to the implementation of work, it is necessary to clean the surface of the sharpened equipment from the car. To do this, you can use kerosene, diesel fuel or industrial cleaners. If you do not clean, then the performance of the nozzle can be restored up to 75%-80%.
Instructions for the correct sharpening of cutting discs for circular saws:
- Each tooth that is sharpened should be perpendicular to the canvas
- The principle of sharpening is that to a rotating canvas (diamond circle), it is necessary to bring every disk tooth
- The amount of the removed layer of the metal depends on the size of the squeezing effort. The greater the wear or erased of the teeth, the stronger the equipment should be pressed to the canvas
- A similar way is a procedure for each link
To sharpen the discs from circular saws, for this it is not necessary to buy special equipment. A rack, which consists of a fixed and mobile part, as well as fastening, must be attached to a home.Made tochit machine. Using such a device, you can easily and quickly carry out dragging at home.
The task is complicated when it is necessary to withstand the corresponding angle. To modernize and expand the functionality of the installation, you will need to make a tilt regulator of a mobile stand. Bolts with nuts are used as regulators, due to which you can set the necessary angle of inclination of the stand.
The mobile stand is a square frame, in the center of which is a lock for installing a disk. The latch has the same diameter with a lined equipment. A groove is made in the stand, through which the necessary angle of sharpening is performed. It is not difficult to carry out work work, therefore, with frequent work with the processing of wood with a circular saw, it is necessary to make a sharpening machine.
I Bought The Most Reviewed Knife Sharpener On Amazon
It is interesting! Perform work on sharpening by an automated way much faster and easier, but this will need special equipment. The manual method in this regard does not require any equipment except the file.
Sharpening of circular saws with his own hands. The price of the issue and reliability of execution
Circular saw (modern name. Disk saw) is a much more effective tool in comparison with saber, longitudinal and chain. The quality of the saw and the convenience of work is not in doubt. With the help of a disc saw, you can perfectly smoothly cut the workpiece of a large area, produce cuts at different angles and work with a variety of materials.
The disk saw allows you to cut the material with the same accuracy and quality both along and across the fibers. Of course, you can get a clean cut, only with properly sharpened teeth. Circular saws are divided into three categories:
- All.Metal with spraying solid materials in the working area
- Saws with attacks of hard alloys
The presence of technological grooves on saw disks is very important
Any disk should be sharpened qualitatively, and the teeth are correctly divorced. The blunt teeth worsen the quality of the sawing, increase the load on the drive and do the work unsafe. In addition, on the disks designed to work with solid materials, technological grooves should be present. Otherwise, when heated, the canvas may be deformed from the expansion of the metal. This will lead to dangerous vibrations and a deterioration in the quality of the saw.