How to Start a Trimmer Gasoline Whirlwind
Gas mowers and trimmers are very convenient, compact and maneuverable, suitable for work in any country house. They cope with grass in areas with different terrain and different sizes. Especially advantageous is their use in narrow, inaccessible places for a lawn mower. In addition, they are cheaper and easier to maintain than a lawn mower.
- Gas trimmer: purpose of the tool in the country
- Types of trimmers on a gasoline engine
- Lawn mowers
Gas trimmer: purpose of the tool in the country
The lawn trimmer is, in fact, a scythe for grass on gasoline. It is used for mowing decorative grass (leveling, cutting), for mowing weeds, for mowing grass on hay.
The trimmer does this quickly and accurately, in addition, it is lightweight and easy to maintain and does not require large storage space – the main thing that distinguishes the trimmer from a lawn mower.
With a trimmer you can not only cut grass and herbaceous plants, it perfectly cuts not thick (2.5-3 cm in diameter) branches of trees and shrubs – so it replaces the secateurs in the garden.
Types of trimmers on a gasoline engine
Consider the different types of gasoline trimmers and find out what kind of work is best suited for each of them.
Used for mowing weeds and grass in adjacent areas. This is a lightweight tool with a curved handle with a power of 1 horsepower or a little more. Such trimmers are suitable for small volumes of work or infrequent mowing, haircuts.
When purchasing a household tool, you need to know how to use a grass trimmer – it needs to rest every 20-25 minutes of work, otherwise it may fail. But at the same time, the household trimmer has a moderate gas mileage and excellent maneuverability.
Their power is higher – 2-3 liters. S., respectively, and gasoline for a professional trimmer is consumed more. Such a trimmer performs a much larger amount of work and has a knife in the configuration, that is, shears both grass, and thin branches, shrubs.
It is also equipped with a shoulder strap and anti-vibration system. But also at work it requires rest every 30 minutes and cleaning the cutting part of the grass.
They are similar to professional ones, but they can also trim the lawns, that is, their trimmed canvas will be homogeneous, even and beautiful.
Not only grasses, branches and shrubs mow, but even young trees can cut. They have a capacity of over 3 liters. With. They can work without interruption for several hours in large areas.
How to choose a gas trimmer for a summer residence, selection criteria
Before choosing a gas trimmer, you need to at least briefly know the main parameters of the tool. The key to choosing a gas trimmer will be how often you plan to use it and what area it is intended for.
Based on this, the best gas trimmer for your particular site is selected according to the power and performance of each individual model.
Type and engine power
The best gas trimmers do not have to have the greatest power. If you have a small lawn. The most powerful trimmer is not required for her. A good medium power gas trimmer is fine. But if the cultivated area is large and there is a need to work on it for 6-7 hours a day, then you need a more powerful trimmer.
By the type of suspension, trimmers are straps – the best option for infrequent use, and trimmers with a knapsack suspension – these are best taken with a constant, almost daily load on the tool.
By type of drive, gas trimmers come with a straight shaft or with a metal cable. It is better to take a tool driven by a direct shaft. They are more wear resistant. By type of engine, gas trimmers are divided into two and four-cycle ones.
The former are filled with oil already mixed with gasoline, the latter have separate compartments for oil and gasoline. Push-pulls are considered more noisy, and their lifespan is often shorter. And four-stroke ones are more durable, more expensive to maintain and repair, but at the same time they work a little quieter.
The engine can be located in the upper or lower position. The ones located at the top are preferable – they are more convenient in operation, better cooled, more protected from clogging with grass and debris, and they, as a rule, have more power.
Video: How to Start a Trimmer Gasoline Whirlwind
Knife and fishing line for trimmer
The line in the trimmer is used only for mowing grass. According to the type of pattern, several types of fishing line are distinguished:
- In the shape of an asterisk. For green decorative lawn or young grass;
- In the shape of a square. For tall grass with thick stems;
- In the shape of a circle. Universal view suitable for both lawn and woody and dry grass stems, leaves.
For cutting branches, cutting shrubs will need a knife. There are models equipped only with fishing line, and there are models with fishing line and with knives.
Weight and type of petrol trimmer handle
By the type of rod (handle), the trimmers come with a curved handle for small loads or with a straight one – for larger loads. The weight of the trimmer, as a rule, does not affect the operation of the instrument in any way, it matters to the person who works with it – if it’s a man, then you can take a heavier model, if a woman, then it’s easier.
When choosing an instrument by weight, you need to take into account the size of the trimmer’s gas tank – the larger it is, the heavier the trimmed trimmer will be (on average 0.6-1.5 kg).
Before choosing a trimmer for a lawn, study all the possibilities of each model – some of them are endowed with additional useful functions. It can be a snow nozzle, anti-vibration system – for the convenience of hands, quick start of the trimmer with a decompression device, which increases the tool life.
Advantages and disadvantages of a gas trimmer in the garden
Advantages include mobility, versatility, and tool performance. Disadvantages – not always a reasonable price, especially for multifunction mowers, and the noise of a working trimmer, even for models with reduced noise.
But, on the other hand, the tool has good power, performance, and besides, a gas trimmer can work in any weather (after rain, for example).
That’s all, how to choose a trimmer for a summer house or home. We want to decide and choose the trimmer that is suitable for your site, lawn or garden!
- How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
- Start lawn mowing for the first time or after a long downtime
- Add fuel through the holes for the candles
- Ignition System Check
- Engine cleaning
- Spark Arrester Integrity Check
- Unstable carburetor operation
- Fuel tank drain
How to start a trimmer is a question that owners are puzzled in case of a device breakdown. And after successful repair of the trimmer, the owner tries to avoid a repeat of the same situation.
The reason the trimmer fails may be:
- Tank overflow;
- Excessive pumping of fuel into engines equipped with a manual supercharger;
- Wear in the motor of valves, cylinders, nozzles, cam followers and other moving parts;
- The tanks run out of gasoline and / or oil;
- Out of order spark plugs;
- Clogged fuel or air filters;
- Misregistered or burned valves in the motor.
How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
The new trimmer is simple in commissioning.
- Check the motor type of the device. Trimmers are equipped with a 2- or 4-stroke motor.
- Buy oil for this type of motor. Gasoline for trimmer – AI-92/93/98, sold at all gas stations.
- Mix oil with gasoline. Mineral oil is mixed in a ratio of 1: 34 with gasoline, synthetics – in 1: 50. Follow the recommendations of the manufacturer of the trimmer for the viscosity of the oil (see the label on the flask). Most often used multigrade oil 5W-30. Do not use unchecked motor oils.
- Pour a small amount (e.G. 0.5 liters) of the resulting fuel into the tank.
- Close the air damper by sliding the desired lever (see instructions).
- Turn the ignition key (or handle) to the “on” position – without this the trimmer will not start. Beginners often make this mistake.
- Pump some fuel into the carburetor – if there is a manual “rocking chair” with a separate button or lever (see instructions). It takes 4-7 clicks.
- Set the trimmer on a flat surface.
- Gently pull the starter cord until you feel it is braking. Then pull it out sharply, but not completely. Repeat this movement up to 4 times.
- If the engine does not start, open the air damper again, otherwise the candles will fill with gasoline with further cord movements. Perform 2-3 attempts to start the engine with the handbrake open.
- If the engine still does not start, close the shutter and make a few more attempts to start it.
- After starting the engine, press the throttle lever to engage idle.
Start lawn mowing for the first time or after a long downtime
Lawn mowing differs from the trimmer in that the cutter for the grass is not a fishing line, but a mechanical gearbox or a winch based on gears, equipped with a knife. The knife drive is much more powerful than the forestry mechanism – a powerful lawn mowing is also used when cutting bushes. Both Chinese and European lawn mowers are no different when the declared power is real.
To lubricate the gears of the gearbox, lithol or solid oil is used. After checking the gearbox, prepare for operation the motor itself – according to the above instructions. If the start failed, the problem is already in the engine.
Add fuel through the holes for the candles
If there is no manual pumping on the trimmer motor and the device does not start up, pour some fuel into the motor itself through the spark plugs. Do the following.
- Check if the fuel level in the tank is sufficient to drain a small amount. Only 20 ml will be required.
- Remove the cap from the candle and unscrew it with a candle key.
- If the candle is dirty on a used trimmer, rinse and bake it. There should be no deposits on the electrode electrodes. Do not damage the ceramic insulator of the center conductor. In the new trimmer, check the candles for a factory defect.
- Return the spark plug back and check the spark ignition (discharge between the electrodes) when the starter fires.
- Remove the candle again. Using a 20- or 50-cc syringe, pour 20 ml of gasoline into the hole from under the candle.
- Insert and fix the candle, setting the value of its technological gap of not less than and no more than a millimeter.
- Pump up fuel with the swap button (or lever) – if it is on your trimmer model. Press the button every 4 seconds.
Now try to start the engine. Close the air damper immediately after starting.