How to Thread a Line into a Stihl Trimmer
Trimmer fishing line (English. Trimmer line) is a nylon cord with a thickness of 0.4 to 4 mm of various cross-sectional shapes, designed for mowing grass by interrupting plants with trimmer fishing line, which is pulled by centrifugal force from high revolutions of the trimmer head.
Basic requirements for fishing line for trimmer:
- Wear resistance and mechanical tensile and abrasion resistance.
- The elasticity necessary to wind the line onto the drum of the trimmer head and not collapse against solid obstacles.
- Resistance to temperature changes, UV radiation and drying out during storage.
Type The fishing line for the trimmer is divided into solid and braided.
Material for making trimmer fishing line is nylon. Rather, its hiking materials are polyamide and polypropylene. The disadvantage of polypropylene is that such a fishing line for a trimmer dries out and becomes brittle during long-term storage in bays (before use, it is better to soak such a fishing line in water for 0.5-2 hours). Manufacturers can add polyethylene to cheap fishing lines, which significantly reduces the wear resistance of the trimmer line. Manufacturers add aluminum to more expensive fishing lines to increase the strength and durability of the fishing line for trimmers.
Types of fishing line for trimmer
There are 3 main types of fishing line for the trimmer: round, rifled and curly.
- Round fishing line for trimmer. the most popular. It is divided into commercial and premium subspecies, the difference between which is in the quality of the material, packaging and price.
- Notched Trimmer Fishing Line may be of several types. The most popular. with spiral grooves to reduce noise during operation. Commonly used for cordless and wire electric braids.
- Figured Trimmer Fishing Line. the most diverse type of fishing line. Figured fishing line can be trihedral, square, rhomboid, pentahedral, hexagonal, octagonal, star-shaped, X-shaped.
Video: How to Thread a Line into a Stihl Trimmer
6 types of fishing line for a trimmer for various purposes, which is divided by diameter and shape of section
Round Premium. High-performance multi-purpose fishing line for trimmer. It is made in 5 diameters, strong and wearproof.
Quiet fishing line for trimmer. with spiral grooves, which significantly reduce the whistle of the fishing line through the air. It is usually used in trimmer heads of electric and battery lawn mowers, which work much quieter for gasoline models.
Round commercial. for hard work. A fishing line for a trimmer that springs. Tear and wear resistant.
Square fishing line for trimmer. Designed for thick and hard weeds (for professionals).
Pentahedral (armor-piercing fishing line for trimmer). Designed for heavy weeds between concrete, brick, stone, pillars, netting, etc.
X-shaped fishing line for trimmer. Designed for soft grass, which must be very detailed. Resistant to tearing at high temperatures.
How to Replace a Trimmer Fishing Line
The fishing line in the trimmer head can end at the most inopportune moment, when there is still a lot to finish. This is a quick guide to replacing the fishing line for the trimmer (replacing the cord or trimmer string (.
How to replace a fishing line in a trimmer head
How to replace a fishing line in a trimmer head Black & Decker
1. Turn off the trimmer. Before you begin to change the line in the trimmer head type Black&Decker, first turn off the trimmer and remove the battery.
2. Press the latches on the sides of the trimmer head and remove the cover. The cover should be easy to remove.
3. Remove the remaining fishing line from the reel. and clean the cover and body of the trimmer head from soil and grass.
5. Insert the fishing line into the reel. The end of the fishing line from the bay must be inserted into one of the holes, it is better to start from the outside, where the arrows are drawn. Then bend the end of the fishing line with a hook at 90 degrees with the length of the bent part of about 2 cm. Insert this hook into the hole in the drum (reel) of the trimmer head.
6. Wind the line evenly in the direction of the arrows. You do not need to wind it very tightly or very much and do not cross the turns between each other, since in the process the fishing line heats up and can sinter and stop moving out of the trimmer head. Cut fishing line from the bay. Pass the end into the hole to fix it. In the same way, wind the second half of the drum.
7. Insert the wound drum into the housing trimmer head.
8. Thread the ends of the fishing line into the holes in the body trimmer head.
9. Slightly press the coil so that it sits in its place. Make sure that the fishing line inside the trimmer head is not tangled and extends.
10. Close the cover without distortions and so that you hear two distinct clicks, thus collecting the trimmer head. At the first high revolutions, the fishing line extends from the trimmer head, extends into a string and is cut to the desired length by a cutting knife located on the plastic trimmer guard.