How To Use A Bosch Electric Cooker
Induction hob BOSCH PIE651F17E. Review
In my life, I cooked both on a gas and an electric stove, each has its own pros and cons, the main thing is to adapt and then all the dishes turn out to be delicious;) They decided to put a novelty (comparatively;) into the new kitchen, an induction cooker from bosch. I’ll tell you briefly how to use it.
Induction hob from Bosch, expensive but economical. Induction, electric or gas, do you still choose?
In my life, I cooked both on a gas and an electric stove, each has its pros and cons, the main thing is to adapt and then all the dishes turn out to be delicious;)
They decided to put a novelty (comparatively;) into the new kitchen, an induction cooker from bosch. I’ll tell you briefly how to use it. Its positive and negative sides.
4 induction cooking zones, large 21 cm, two medium 18 cm and small 14.5 cm in diameter. Power 7.2 kW. Dimensions 59.5 (W) x 52.2 (D) cm, dimensions for installation (WxD) 56 x 49 cm. Childproof lock, timers, boost.
How to turn on and cook.
It’s simple, but you have to take a few steps. Press the power button. Then click on the circle of one of the selected burners, on one of which you already have dishes. Set the power level from 1 to 9, I usually start at 6-8 and then decrease to 2-4, experiment. You can select an intermediate interval by clicking on the dot between the numbers. During cooking, you can increase or decrease the power. If you are cooking on several hotplates, first select a circle from one of the four, then change the degree of heating. To turn off the hotplate, select the power “zero”.
1) An induction hob is an expensive purchase. Over, Bosch. She came to us in 32 thousands!
These pans and pans are ordinary, not something supernatural, heavy, with a thick bottom, good and high quality. And their price is slightly higher;) But you can find models on a budget, take a look at walmer and moulinvilla firms. I took pans from them for only 1000 rubles, they are good. Or ikea.
Well, or you can try using a special lining, put a heavy pancake on the induction burner and put any of your dishes on it, even weightless aluminum ones for 150 rubles.
3) For some, this is nonsense, but it makes noise. Already in the 6th mode, the induction hob starts to hum. And on the most powerful, ten, it hums no quieter than the hood in standard mode. And if all four are included? Personally, I got used to it, but at first I didn’t like this moment. Yes, and I very rarely turn it on above 5.
4) The above disadvantages apply to all induction hobs. And not for everyone these are disadvantages. But in this particular Bosch PIE651F17E model, it is inconvenient for me that the smallest burner in diameter is long away, in the second row. And if I put large pots in the first rows, then reach out through them to a small ladle, wanting to stir the porridge, it will be oh, how inconvenient. Yes, and when the stove is free, it would be more convenient for me if this, the smallest and most used burner, was closer.
5) Personally, it was unusual for me at first to rebuild from the long-term management of “twists”. Now I have 9 buttons and I try to fit everything in my memory. So. Oatmeal 6-7 and stir well. Cheesecakes for 5 on one side, on the other for 4. Buckwheat for 6, after boiling for 2-3. Scrambled eggs for 5 or 6? I forgot. There is even a table in the instructions! At least make up your own. Somehow I didn’t think about this with twists.
1) Induction cookers are said to save energy.
2) Easy to clean, in comparison with gas figured burners and pancakes, which had to be boiled in soda and scrubbed for hours. It is better to wipe the glass-ceramic surface every day before going to bed with a damp cloth and then dry;) Well, in the process of cooking, if something boils away, do not be too lazy to immediately remove it. Then it will not be necessary to wash it at all even once in your life. Special products are not cheap, but I get by (and used to do with an electric stove) with a simple dishwashing detergent, sponge fairies. And everything was washed. Although the instructions do not allow, they ask at least not clean, diluted with water.
3) It does not get very hot during cooking, so it is enough to wipe boiled food with a damp cloth. Cools down quickly. It is difficult to get burned.
4) Water boils quickly. Instant response, if your porridge is running away / burning right now, you immediately set the mode to a weaker one and at the same second the heating decreases.
Specifically in this model, I like:
5) If you accidentally turn off the stove, turn it on again within 4 seconds and all her settings will not be lost, she will start cooking with the same parameters.
6) Yes power boost. This is when you are in a very hurry and you need to boil the water as quickly as possible. Super fast boiling water mode. But even without it, water boils 7-9 faster than on a simple electric hob. If you turn on the boost, then it is necessary that the neighboring burner (the one below or above) be turned off.
7) There is a simple timer, you set, for example, 15 minutes and the stove then simply beeps. Maximum 99 minutes
Is there sleep timer. After the set time has elapsed, the hotplate simply turns off. For example, you know that eggs are boiled for 10 minutes. Set the right time and go to your computer without the danger of forgetting about them. The stove will turn itself off. The same operating time can be programmed for all cooking zones. Each of them will count down the time separately.
P.S. I can’t wait for the manufacturer to figure out a two-stage timer with temperature switching. For example, I know that buckwheat will boil in 2 minutes, cook the stove for these two minutes at a high temperature, and then switch to a low one and cook for another 15 minutes. Whisper.
9) There is a function of locking the buttons during cleaning, so as not to knock off the settings by wiping the stove.
10) If you leave the stove to cook without changing the settings for a long time (forget, fall asleep), it turns off.
11) There is an indicator of electricity consumption. After each shutdown, the stove will tell you the numbers in kWh. I have this setting turned off and to enable it, it seems, you need to roll back to the basic settings.
12) There is an auto shutdown if you forget to put the dishes on the burner.
13) There is an auto-recognition of dishes, the stove will turn on the desired burner 20 seconds after turning on the hob, provided that there is dishes on it. But personally, I’m used to turning on the desired burner myself.
Tips for using an induction cooker.
Close the pot / ladle lid, this way the water will boil much faster, you can cook at a lower mode and you will save energy = real money.
The bottom of the pan and the burner itself must be dry!
The bottom of the cookware must not be rough to avoid scratching the stove. Although scratches will appear anyway, this is inevitable!
You cannot organize a water bath.
If a fire has occurred on the surface, for example, a spilled sunflower oil has flared up, do not extinguish it with water, it is better to block the access of the flame to the air with a lid or damp cloth.
Do not reheat empty pans or pans with a thin bottom. The manufacturer scares the fact that she can melt! I’m afraid to check;)
Do not place hot cookware on the induction hob. Now I can’t imagine where to put the hot baking sheet from the oven 🙁
The induction hob does not tolerate cookware made of aluminum, glass, ceramic, copper and ordinary thin steel.
Suitable dishes made of ferromagnetic alloys (as I understand it, this can be checked with a simple magnet, should stick to the bottom) enameled steel, cast iron and stainless steel for induction cookers.
And in conclusion, some thoughts about different types of plates.
Gas. This is unsafe in the first place. Especially in houses where your neighbors
AL-KOHolics unreliable people. Not a week goes by as such exploded houses are not shown on the news. Yes, and I sometimes blew out the fire with a breeze or flooded with boiled soup. But I immediately noticed it;) The water does not boil quickly. We need matches. Of the pros, gas is cheap.
Electrical. Electricity bills are not encouraging. If it boils and burns, you need to scrape off with a scraper. You need to get used to cooking with residual heat. That is, sometimes turn off the dish 3-5-10 minutes before cooking. Hot, you can burn yourself.
About induction all in the details above. If anyone is interested, a quote from the Internet about the principle of work.
3) A time-tested double boiler.
4) Quality stationary best blender from brown.
5) Yogurt maker, which I rarely use.
6) The best electric mulinex sander.
Cookware for an electric stove
One of the secrets that allow you to be on “you” with a glass-ceramic electric kitchen is the right choice of dishes. Immobility of the dishes on the glass-ceramic surface of the electric stove is a condition for fast and correct cooking. That is why it is preferable to use heavy dishes.
We have already mentioned the dishes for the oven, there are restrictions. For cooking on glass ceramics, not all dishes are also suitable. So…
Cooking temperature in the electric oven
If your oven has a thermostat, we suggest using the following temperature table for cooking food.
|Products||Cooking temperature on the electric stove|
|Merengi, meringue||100. 150 С˚|
|Choux pastry, kefir dough (gingerbread)||140 С˚|
|Shortcrust pastry (cookies)||160 С˚|
|Salty dough (small hard cookies)||180 C˚|
|Butter and Viennese dough||190 C˚|
|Biscuit dough||190 C˚|
|loaf products (loaf, loaves)||200-210 C˚|
|Butter buns||200-250 C˚|
|Slow roasting of the crust on food, roasting pâté, pasta, soufflé||170 C˚|
|Cooking fish||150-170 С˚|
|Beef fillet||150-160 С˚|
|Pork fillet||170 C˚|
|Simmering (extinguishing) with a decreasing temperature||From 250 С˚|
|Fast tinting (giving the dish a golden crust)||200-250 C˚|
|Stewing food||150-170 С˚|
to the content
We do not use on the surface of a glass-ceramic plate
- Cookware that we used on conventional gas or electric stoves. The bottom of old pots is covered with fire bumps.
- Cookware with a copper or aluminum base without coating on the outside.
- Heat-resistant glass or ceramic dishes are also not ideal. They heat up for a long time and also cool down for a long time (it is impossible to quickly reduce the heat).
- Cast iron cookware with a cauldron-shaped bottom.
For cooking, you can use
- Cookware with thick, non-corrugated stainless steel bottom.
- Enameled dishes.
- Cast iron cookware with a flat bottom.
- There is an icon “For glass ceramics” on the dishes (the inscription “for electric stoves” does not suit).
How to use a glass ceramic electric kitchen
Cooking food without soot, burning odors, without the likelihood of gas leakage. Such an opportunity for cooking was given to us by the electric kitchen. An electric stove with a glass-ceramic surface is that kitchen gadget that delights some housewives and baffles others. How to use the electric kitchen correctly, what dishes to use, what cooking secrets you need to know. About this, and not only, in our article.
What confuses some housewives in working with such a child of modern progress? Maybe it’s all about simple conservatism and the habit of cooking on a gas stove? Of course not. There are weighty arguments for such displeasure, and we will try to give practical advice and instructions that will help make the electric stove a real helper in your kitchen.
The difference between an electric kitchen and traditional heat sources
The most important inconvenience for the hostess in handling an electric stove is the impossibility of instantaneous adjustment of the heat flow. If in the case of the gas “sister” it is not difficult to reduce the fire, then with an electric kitchen it is worth doing this in advance.
The hostess must first know the cooking time of the product so that at the right time (10-15 minutes before the end of cooking), reduce the heating intensity of the disc or completely turn off the stove and leave the dish to simmer at a decreasing temperature.
Correct use of the hotplates
Remove dirt after each cooking. Otherwise, the stain left behind will dry out and will be very difficult to clean. During the cleaning process, scratches may appear, which not only spoil the appearance of the equipment, but also contribute to the formation of corrosion. For the same reason, no wet dishes are left on the burners. The stove is washed with a clean cloth (sponge) that has previously been in water. When stains are difficult to clean, special chemicals are used.
You can learn more about cleaning electric stoves with different surfaces in this article.
When purchasing a household appliance, along with a passport, instructions are attached that cannot be neglected. In particular, it states that after installing the electric stove, it must be washed with a solution of soap, salt and water. This will remove the factory grease. If this is not done, the lubricating coating will begin to fade, filling the room with burnt air. The plate surface is cleaned without metal brushes.
When preparing food on induction cookers of the brands “Gorenje”, “Hansa”, “Bosch”, etc., before turning on the electric oven, first put the dishes on the burner and set the required temperature mode. Power is adjustable at the top of the front panel for standard slabs. If the cooking device is built-in, its control is placed directly on the surface.
When cooking, after the dishes have been placed on the hotplate, turn on the maximum heating power. When the food heats up quickly, adjust the desired temperature. This will shorten the cooking time and maximize the cooking effect. The temperature regime is set on the control panel with mechanical handles or touch buttons, depending on the type of control. To decrease or increase power, there are indicators “down”, “up” or “plus”, “minus”.
Electric stoves of outdated models are not included. Given the fact that cast iron pancakes have the property of slowly heating and cooling, the burners should be well heated before cooking. You need to turn off the oven before the food is cooked. Slightly undercooked food will “get” from the heat of the cast iron.
The right dishes
When cooking food, place dishes on the incandescent area, the bottom of which matches the size of the burner. If the bottom of the container is less than the heated surface, there will be an extra waste of electricity. If on the contrary, the heating will be uneven. The bottom of the pot or pan should be even so that the heat transfer between the dishes and the surface is measured. When using utensils with irregularities, the following problems may arise:
- Deformation of the burners;
- Heat exchange between the dishes and the burners will deteriorate, which will lead to uneven heating of food in the dishes;
- Differences in the pressure of the cookware on the surface of the burners are formed, which can lead to damage to the coating, and at high temperatures and its destruction.
In addition, electric cookers with a glass-ceramic surface are easily susceptible to mechanical damage, so the dishes should not be too heavy or slip out of your hands due to poor grip.
To prevent damage to the surface of the cooking zones, do not place pans with a wet base on them. If, for example, the pan is just washed, you must first wipe it dry.
Basic rules for using an electric oven
As for the hob of an electric stove, there are rules for operation for the oven. Today, appliances are found with two types of ovens: with and without a thermostat, but the principle of their operation is not too different.
Whatever the oven is, it is still worth knowing the basic rules for its operation.
- Stew and bake on the middle shelf in the middle of the baking sheet; you do not need to use the top shelf for such purposes. The lowest level is ideal for boiling vegetables.
- When baking or stewing, it is best to use two different temperature settings. The first half of cooking is best done at the highest temperature and the second half at the lowest.
- If it is difficult to determine the temperature inside the oven, then you can check it using plain paper. To do this, a white sheet is placed on the center of the baking sheet and placed in a switched on oven. At low temperatures, the paper will turn brown in about 10 minutes, and at high temperatures after 3. With a thermostat, it is easy to determine the temperature. There are also special oven thermometers.
- For the oven, it is best to use ceramic, cast iron, refractory clay or glass cookware. When cooking, you can take foil, it is better to wrap the baked product in two layers so that it does not break and the resulting juice does not leak.
- After half of the cooking time, it is recommended to open the oven door slightly.
Rules for the use of an electric stove
The electric stove, like any other household appliance, has its own operating characteristics. Knowing how to use an electric stove can save time on cooking. But not only for fast and high-quality cooking, it is important to know the rules for operating an electric stove. The manufacturer indicates that electrical equipment will be used for about 15 years, but with proper care and respect, the device can last much longer.
To make cooking a pleasure, manufacturers are constantly introducing new options. For example, many housewives have already felt the importance of the timer, thanks to which the cooking process is always under control. Auto-shutdown helps from unwanted moments.
Modern models of electric stoves have the following capabilities:
- Protection from children;
- Control over consumed electricity.