How To Use A Chainsaw Video
How to use a chainsaw: features of operating the tool How to use a chainsaw: features of operating a tool. How to refuel a chainsaw, how to clean filters. How to handle the chain and bar, and
How to use a chainsaw: refueling
The question of how to properly refuel chainsaws is the first thing that needs to be dealt with. In most cases, this type of tool (especially domestic and semi-professional) is equipped with a two-stroke internal combustion engine that uses fuel diluted with oil. What kind of oil must be used to dilute gasoline, the manufacturer indicates (this point must be observed unquestioningly). The manufacturer also indicates how much oil needs to be added to the chainsaw. And this moment must be performed flawlessly.
The fact is that the lack of lubricant in the fuel leads to excessive friction of the pistons, which, in turn, is fraught with their rapid wear. If we talk about the excess amount of oil in gasoline, then everything is not so scary. Although who knows: firstly, the chainsaw starts up worse and, secondly, carbon deposits form, which also significantly reduces the service life of this tool.
How to properly prepare fuel for your chainsaw? In principle, it is not difficult, the most important thing is to have a measuring container at hand. One for gasoline and one for oil. The latter is a regular measuring cup with graduations. A very important point is the choice of containers for fuel preparation, glass or metal containers are ideal. Plastic beverage bottles are strictly contraindicated. Gasoline eats away at them, and all this debris ends up in the engine.
How to use a chainsaw: features of operating the tool
The chainsaw is a unique tool. It is used in many areas of human activity, but it is most widely used in logging and construction. Its main advantage is its portability. The relatively small fuel tank provides the tool with several hours of stable operation. It is also a powerful tool that can cut through very thick trees. The long cutting end of the chainsaw makes it an extremely dangerous tool that you need to know how to use correctly. This will be discussed in this article, in which, together with the site stroisovety.Org, we will answer the question of how to use a chainsaw, we will study all the features of the operation of this tool.
How to saw with a chainsaw: bar and chain and everything you need to know about them
The chain and bar is a chainsaw cutting tool. It depends on them how well the chainsaw will cut. There are many nuances regarding these parts of the tool, knowledge of which ensures long-term operation of the tool.
- Tire. Figuratively speaking, this is a guide along which the chain moves over time, it is triggered and, if used improperly, does it unevenly. In order for the tire to wear evenly (this is necessary in order to extend its service life), it must be turned over during the production process. For example, today it works as it is, and tomorrow you remove and flip the tire the other way. The second point regarding the chainsaw tire is the chain tensioning, it is the chain that is responsible for this process. Before work, the tension of the chain must be checked and, if necessary, tightened.
- Chain. Ideally, there should be three of them, this is necessary in order to level the degree of wear of the chain and drive gear. The fact is that the chain wears out faster, but during the period of time when it breaks down, a groove forms on the drive gear (the chain makes it). It is thanks to this groove that the new chain may not work as expected, as a result of which the wear of the gear will accelerate several times. Having three chains at the same time and using them alternately, as they say, as they become blunt, you balance the life of these two elements of the chainsaw until three chains wear out, the time will come to replace the drive gear.
There are a couple more important points about the chain. Firstly, it is impossible to saw with a blunt chain, this is the increased load on the tool, and the operating time is long, and most importantly, it is not very safe. It is possible to determine how sharp the chain is by one factor in the quality of the sawing. The saw cuts either badly or crookedly. So, if you are faced with the question of why the chainsaw saws crookedly, know this is a dull chain. Secondly, when putting the tool aside for a long time, the chain should be loosened.
How to use a chainsaw: the importance of an air filter
Motorists know what happens to the car when the air filter clogs. In principle, nothing catastrophic is lost traction, the engine begins to overheat and, accordingly, the load on its moving parts increases. After changing or cleaning the air filter, everything returns to normal, unless, of course, you delay with this process. The chainsaw in this respect is no exception to ensure the supply of clean air to the carburetor, this tool is equipped with the following type of filters.
- Nylon. It is cleaned elementarily, it is washed in warm soapy water.
- Foam rubber. And this version of the chainsaw filter is perfectly washed in soapy water.
- Felt. This air cleaner cannot be washed or cleaned; it will have to be thrown away every time.
Ask how often should you clean your chainsaw air filter? This moment is easily determined by the operation of the tool if there are interruptions, the engine will start to swell, and so on.
How to saw with a chainsaw
Chainsaw safety: important points
As mentioned above, a chainsaw is a very dangerous tool, and in the process of working with it, you must follow basic safety rules. They are not complicated.
- In no case should work be done or just hold the chainsaw with one hand. This is fraught with injury.
- Wrong to stand directly behind the tool in the process of cutting wood chainsaw should be located to the side of the operator. With this stance, the tool will not injure you in return impact.
- To stand just like it will also be wrong, a stable position is needed.
- Movement with a working chainsaw is strictly prohibited. Over, if you are going to make movements, the brake must be applied on the tool.
- And as for the direct solution to the question of how to properly saw trees with a chainsaw, you need to start cutting with the entire surface of the cutting part of the tool, and gradually biting into the wood with the whole chain at the end.
Naturally, one should not forget about personal protective equipment, at least it is necessary to protect your eyes with glasses, wear work clothes and gloves. Only in this case, the solution to the question of how to cut with a chainsaw can occur more or less safely. In general, the entire modern instrument is a very dangerous thing and it would be nice to turn on the brains at least a little while using it. This is because, according to statistics, most of the injuries occur due to rash actions of a person.
And in conclusion of the topic of how to use a chainsaw, I will say a few words about starting the chainsaw in the correct start, which will not bring any injury or injury. Before pulling the starting rope, put the chainsaw on the floor, turn on the ignition, turn off the brake. Only after that, securely holding the saw with your left hand by the handrail and firmly pressing its rear handle to the floor with your foot, you can pull the rope, thereby starting the chainsaw, as they say, from the manual starter.
Tips for Cutting Trees Correctly Modern Chainsaw Classes
Today there are three main classes of chainsaws, namely:
- Common household devices
- Semi-professional chainsaws
- Professional chainsaws
The first class includes chainsaws, which are used for minor household chores. Although this class of chainsaws is not very powerful, with what needs to be done at home, the saws do it with a bang. A household chainsaw can be used to prepare firewood, cut wood, etc. It is not very expensive, economical and lightweight.
Semi-professional chainsaws are mainly used for felling trees. Unlike a household chainsaw, it can also carry out repair and construction work. A significant drawback of the saw is that its operating time per day should not exceed 8 hours, which, in fact, it differs from a professional saw.
Professional chainsaws are used for long-term daily work (the operating time of the saw is allowed from 10 to 16 hours), and continuous work can reach 8-9 hours.
Preparation for work
Before starting work, you should completely check the chainsaw for readiness. To begin with, check the chain tension of the device, it is necessary to pull the chain by the upper links (it is necessary that the shank comes out of the tire groove by a few millimeters). The lower links should not sag if observed, tension the chain. After that, you should pull the chain, it is necessary that it stretches with ease. If the tension is strong, loosen the chain slightly. It is also necessary that the inertia brake handle does not touch the main handle. If the inertia brake is displaced when the chainsaw is turned on, the clutch will drop.
After checking the chain of the device, you must refuel the chainsaw. To do this, place it on a horizontal surface and add chain and engine oil and fuel. A fuel mixture of gasoline and adhesive oil is considered ideal. As for the lubricant, it is necessary to use a special lubricant for chainsaws, because the components of this lubricant guarantee the durability of the parts and the cutting element.
The chainsaw can now be started. Starting is carried out with a cold engine. First, put the saw on a horizontal surface, turn off the brake and turn on the ignition. The front handle must be held with your hand, and the back handle must be your right foot. Pull the starter handle to start the saw. Disconnect the inertial brake and press the gas several times to warm up the engine a little. And finally, check that the oil goes to the chain, if everything is in order, you can start working!
In order not to get serious injuries while cutting trees, you need to know some basic rules for working with a chainsaw, namely:
- The saw must be firmly gripped with both hands.
- The thumb should be under the front handle of the saw
- It is forbidden to stand directly behind the chainsaw, a little to the side of the saw is the optimal place.
- The back should be straight
- Legs should be spread as wide as possible
- It is necessary to put the chainsaw on the brake in case of movement (it is the neglect of this rule that leads to serious injuries).
- Start sawing with the end of the bar
- Invest in a helmet, goggles and special clothing that will protect you from saw cuts.
How to handle a chainsaw correctly? A few important tips for the care and handling of the instrument.
The good thing about the chainsaw is that it can cut any tree quickly and easily. For a private house, this is a very profitable thing, because the process of exterminating rotten wood or preparing bars for a bath using a hand saw is a long and laborious process. When choosing a chainsaw, you should not save money, because a cheap tool is not only a short-lived thing, but also extremely unsafe, and in our case everything is very serious.
Cutting the branches
If the tree is felled, it is necessary to stand to the left of the trunk and proceed to the lowest branches. Cut should be done with the toe of the bar, both with the upper and lower chain blades. If the branch is thick and too large, split the cutting process into several stages (you need to cut from the end of the branch to the trunk). Do not forget to take into account the fact that the tree trunk can poke, roll, and this sometimes leads to injuries, so secure the tree securely before starting work.
How to use a chainsaw
We sorted out the equipment. Nowhere do you know better how to saw with a chainsaw than in the instructions. Take the time to learn more about how the main mechanisms of your instrument work. Our tips will help you operate your chainsaw safely, however, carefully read the owner’s manual, controls and safety precautions in the instructions before starting. We will not list the components, their list may differ slightly depending on the manufacturer, model and purpose.
Basic rules: you need to hold the saw firmly with both hands, tightly squeezing the handle with all fingers (the thumb of the left hand should be under the front handle).
- Equilibrium. Keep the saw closer to the body so your hands will get tired less, you don’t need to be afraid of the tool. In addition, it will be easier to maintain balance and control the process.
- Leg position. Spread them wide, bending at the knees for stability, but keep your back straight.
Safe felling rules
Before cutting down a tree, think not only about your safety, but also about whether the surrounding objects and structures will suffer from the sawing. Take a look around: is there a highway, railway, power line mowing line, buildings nearby? If so, think twice before starting work, perhaps in this case, the case should be turned over to professionals if you doubt your skills.
If the place is crowded, use warning signs, you don’t want to hurt someone through negligence, right?
Make sure you have enough fuel and lubricant before starting felling.
- Determine the direction of the roll. Inspect the object of the saw cut, the terrain: the tree is growing evenly or not, is there a slope of the soil, where the wind is blowing so it will be easier to calculate the direction in which the tree will fall. Based on these data, you can facilitate further work. Numerous chainsaw jobs posted on the Internet will help you at this stage.
- We move away correctly: clear the ground around the tree of bushes, undergrowth and undergrowth, foreign objects. Nothing should impede your safety while felling. The area should be cleared at a 45 degree angle behind and to the sides of the tree’s direction of fall.
There are plenty of hindrances that can make your dreams of perfect chainsaw work go to waste. Sometimes things can go wrong, but in the case of inAL-KOy trees it can cost you or someone else life. Therefore, remember your enemies in person:
- Rot. A rotten tree can behave unpredictably and fall not quite there or not at all where you think. It is better to leave a professional to fight with such an opponent. But since they took it on their own, remember: the tree looks unnatural, the trunk is damaged, the bark is soft to the touch or discolored in places, most likely these are signs of rot. In this case, the hinge must be increased for greater safety.
- Trapped driftwood and trees. If a tree is stuck with another trunk while felling, you need professional help. Do not try to fix the situation yourself, call a specialist, but you cannot leave a tree unattended like that.
- Stuck saw. If the tire gets stuck in the trunk, do not pull it out, especially while it is running. Stop the engine, catch your breath and tilt the barrel until the chain saw slips out.
- Rebound. In the hands of a lay worker, rebound can occur in almost any situation. Typically the saw is fed up and back when the moving chain in the sprocket area of the driven bar contacts another surface. In such a situation, the chain brake should work, if this does not happen, do it manually move the handle forward, done, you are safe.
How to operate a chainsaw user guide and good advice
Before getting down to business and specific recommendations, we note that all instructions and tips that you find in our article are general in nature. In the region in which you live, in addition to generalized standards, there may be specific standards that must be adhered to. Chainsaw work is a simple matter, if you get used to it, but never lose your vigilance, this steel roaring beast can be capricious even in the hands of experienced craftsmen.
Before sawing with a chainsaw, or even picking it up, you need to read the instructions, and most importantly, take care of the safety of your life and health. The main point in this business is dexterity and workwear. Even if you just need to cut a couple of firewood to start the fireplace, you should be wearing protective equipment, uniforms.
- Hands and head a protective helmet with a mask covering the face and headphones, tight gloves made of hard material (suddenly what?).
-tips for working with a chainsaw
Also, the algorithm of your actions can be modified depending on the model used, the manufacturer of the equipment. We will give you a general idea of what and how to do, how to work with a chainsaw without fear of hurting yourself or someone else. At first it may seem that this information is too much, but practice, plus the necessary minimum of sanity, and you will master all the wisdom of interacting with the tool, you will feel confident.
Instrument launch order
A procedure such as starting a chainsaw is not difficult if you are consistent and careful. The algorithm is as follows:
- Place the saw on a level, stable surface so that the chain does not come into contact with anything.
- Activate the chain brake by turning the handle away from you, otherwise the chain will immediately start rotating when starting.
- If your model has a decompression valve, activate that too.
- Pull out the choke lever.
- Place the toe of your right foot in the rear handle, holding the front handle with your left hand. Pull out the starter lanyard quickly several times until the engine sneezes. Sneezed? So it went well.
- Return the choke lever to its original position and start the saw while continuing to pull out the starter cord.
After starting the saw and heating the engine, do not remove the fuse (brake) until you are ready to start sawing.
Sharpening and chain tensioning tool maintenance
A well-sharpened chain is a factor on which your safety, and the efficiency of the tool, and its serviceability depend. Never start work if the chain is dull, as evidenced by small sawdust and the need to apply force when cutting. The sharp chain itself bites into the tree, this can even be done when cutting trees, the saw cut will turn out to be even and uniform.
Always check the chain tension before starting work. A well and correctly tensioned chain can be easily turned by hand, does not sag from the bottom. However, there is no need to drag it, otherwise it will simply overheat. The guide teeth should protrude slightly from the bar as the chain is tensioned, but not completely out of the chain. The chain tension should be checked every time you stop to refuel or change position. Better to play it safe once again and you will be safe and the instrument is in good working order.
How to operate a chainsaw correctly, what are the instructions silent about?
We will not give you advice to look into the instructions before starting work, well, who is looking there, you might think! Frankly speaking, the instructions attached to the tool do not always clearly and intelligibly explain how to use it, how to regulate it. This is especially the case with manufacturers of inexpensive saws; it is impossible to simply pull the chain using instructions, because the manufacturer skimped on high-quality printing, and the image of the parts is completely blurry.
We will try to convey to you the basic safety rules as clearly as possible! The first rule is to protect your hands, face and body!
- Clothing should fit snugly to the body, not hang down or dangle. No scarves, laces, bracelets or chains! They can pull you under the chain too!
- Wear sturdy, thick gloves that will comfortably hold the saw. Gloves will protect your hands not so much from the saw itself as from whipping branches.
- Wear non-slip sneakers.
- Protect your eyes! Glasses made of glass that do not break off are best.
- A helmet, special headphones or earplugs will not be superfluous.
Do not leave the saw running unattended, always hold the tool with both hands. Start by settling on small branches that are conveniently located. At first, your hands get tired quickly, so do not plan large volumes on the first day after buying an instrument. Yes, and the tool itself must first be run in on small branches.
How to properly cut a tree with a chainsaw safely and efficiently!
Not a single summer resident can do without a chainsaw! This tool saves you a lot of time, but it can also cause serious injury. Do not neglect safety rules!
How to cut a tree with a chainsaw correctly?
Remember that when felling or pruning trees, you must be in a stable position, nothing should prevent you from taking a step back or forward or sideways. You should plan for an escape route in case of unforeseen circumstances and draw up a well thought-out felling plan. Make sure there are no branches in the tree that might fall on you. It is better to remove particularly inconvenient branches with a hacksaw.
The safest way is to cut from top to bottom, starting with the highest vetoesj. However, you cannot cut branches that are above the shoulder. First, the tree must be filed for this from the side where the tree will fall, a piece of wood must be cut at an angle of 45 by ¼ of the trunk diameter. First, a bottom cut is made, which should be on the same line as the future felling cut. The bottom cut is made to almost half of the trunk. Then, at an angle of 45, make the next cut 5-10 cm higher than the bottom one, and cut until the cut lines come together. Remove the piece of wood and start the felling cut.
Cut at maximum speed, slowly plunging the tool into the wood. As soon as the tree starts to fall, immediately remove the bar from the cut and turn off the saw. Leave the fall area. When you are sawing a fallen tree, be careful with small branches, they are the ones that most often lead to a reverse impact, which is associated with almost all injuries.
How to properly run the saw
When mastering the skills of how to use a chainsaw, you should pay attention to the break-in procedure. The level of manufacture of modern chainsaws is quite high; they do not require special running-in. The only condition is the need to withstand the first time a cyclic mode of operation at a gentle pace: sawing 1-1.5 minutes / idle 10-15 seconds. After using 8-10 full refills of the fuel tank, the engine reaches full power.
Running the engine in solely at idle speed, as was previously practiced with other models of chainsaws, leads to the formation of carbon deposits due to incompletely burnt oil, which further provokes serious damage to the cylinder-piston group.
How to properly fell timber
This is a very demanding job. Therefore, before using a chainsaw, you first need to determine the scope of work, estimate the thickness and height of trees, take into account the direction of the tree falling, the speed and strength of the wind, the features of nearby objects. In order to avoid injury, it is necessary to study the working techniques in accordance with the instructions, to correctly perform the upper and lower notches, the felling cut.
When felling timber, to avoid problems, the following factors should be taken into account especially:
- A safety zone should be identified within a radius of at least double the length of the tree being cut.
- Before the BAL-KOy tree, you should make sure that it is not rotten rotten tree can behave unpredictably when cutting.
- It is important to secure the cut tree for further safe pruning.
- If the cut tree gets caught on other trees and branches, does not fall completely to the ground, cordon off the danger area with flags and seek help.
- If the tire gets stuck in the trunk while cutting, turn off the saw. Then perform tilting movements of the tree until the tire is released.
How to cut correctly: tips and tricks
- Special clothing, shoes with steel inserts and accessories (helmet, goggles, headphones, heavy gloves) for working with a chainsaw will reliably protect against possible damage.
- Never hold a chainsaw with one hand, careless dexterity can lead to injury.
- Practical advice for novice users first work with an experienced mentor, master the techniques, methods of work, then just use the chainsaw on your own.
- When making cuts, hold the saw correctly so that your feet are away from the cutting line and the saw should be at the side of the operator. Never bend too much over a working tool to avoid losing your balance.
- Do not work with the saw raised above your shoulders, on unstable stands or stairs.
- Sawing with the tip of the tire is prohibited, since there is a high probability of kickback, you should cut with the entire surface of the tire, and guide the end and, as it were, bite into the wood.
- When making cuts, remember that the top of the chain moves forward and therefore guides the saw forward. When sawing with the bottom of the bar, on the contrary, the chain moves backward and pulls the tool backward.
- After completing a certain amount of work, remember to turn off the saw and set the chain brake. Any movement with a running chainsaw is strictly prohibited.
- Always be aware of your actions, work seriously and deliberately.
In the lessons presented, you can get acquainted with the ways of working with a chainsaw in different situations, learn not only to harvest firewood for the winter, but to saw logs on boards, cut other materials, saw ice with a chainsaw, and saw a log lengthwise.
Before starting work, check the correct tension of the chain for sagging and free play along the bar. The chain brake must be on. The start is performed on level ground: the right foot is on the rear handle of the saw, the left hand is holding the front handle. On cold start, pull the starter handle after opening the throttle.
After the flash, the shutter is closed and the starter handle is pulled out with a sharp movement. Then, after disengaging the chain brake, the equipment is warmed up by pressing the gas. Testing the oil supply is carried out in a simple way: the working saw is held in front of you over the paper; if oil drops appear on it, the lubrication system is working normally. If the engine is hot, the throttle is not opened when the chainsaw is started.
How to use a chainsaw
Modern gasoline saws are presented in three large groups: household, professional and semi-professional. Household devices are lightweight, not very powerful. Such chainsaws are useful on the farm, at their summer cottage for harvesting firewood, cutting branches in the garden. The motor resource of home saws is limited to a few hours of work per month.
They felled trees, carry out construction work and repairs with semi-professional tools. Chainsaws are used 6-8 hours a day, in contrast to powerful professional modifications that can work in intensive mode up to 14-16 hours daily, and continuously for at least 8 hours.
It is worth using a chainsaw after a detailed study of the factory operating instructions. It is in the manual for a specific tool that all working methods are best described. It is especially important to learn safe work skills for novice users.
Therefore, you should not rush with the first start, it is more advisable to take time to study the chainsaw device, find out for sure which materials can be cut, how to quickly eliminate possible breakdowns and malfunctions, how to avoid failures in work, and prevent traumatic situations.