How to Wear a Trimmer Belt
Share in social. Networks:
- General recommendations
- How to sew a simple belt for every day?
- How to cut and sew a belt for an evening dress on your own?
- How to make a beautiful belt with a buckle with your own hands? Master Class
- Stock footage
It seems to all girls that their wardrobe is not too diverse, not stylish enough, something is constantly missing in it. Therefore, they are trying in every possible way to dilute it with bright, fashionable details, to make it more attractive. For those who can not afford to spend a large amount of money every month on updating the wardrobe, accessories will come to the rescue. Fans of dresses will certainly appreciate the various belts that emphasize the figure, attracting special attention to it. There are a huge number of varieties, so each fashionista will be able to find the perfect option for herself, which can complement both everyday, and romantic or business image. Why not try to solve the situation with additional accessories? For example, you can think about how to sew a belt for a dress with your own hands. This article will give examples of sewing the simplest models of belts, each of which even a novice seamstress can master.
- Why do you need a belt. That is, for everyday wear, evening wear or a business suit.
- It must be suitable for any particular outfit or to be universal.
- You will use it as a decorative element or to maintain the shape of a certain outfit.
How to sew a simple belt for every day?
You must admit that there is nothing simpler than an everyday fabric belt that fits almost any clothing. Therefore, he must be present in any wardrobe.
To make this wardrobe item you will need:
- Measuring tape.
- Plain or colored texture fabric – it all depends on what color shade you will most often wear.
- Needle, thread, scissors, soap or crayon.
- Sewing machine.
- Decor elements, accessories.
- Corsage tape.
Now let’s dwell on how to sew a belt for a dress made of fabric:
- Using a measuring tape, take measurements from the waist, multiply the resulting volume by two. That is, if the waist volume is 60 cm, the belt will have a length of 120 cm.
- Cut a strip of 120 cm long from the fabric, while its width should be twice as large as the width of the finished belt plus 1 cm. For example, if you need a 5 cm product, you will need to make a blank of 11 cm.
- Measure 0.5 cm above and below this strip, draw thin mowing lines with soap or chalk.
- Bend the belt in half, attach the mowing line to each other, make a line on the typewriter.
- Turn the belt on the front side, sew a side cut.
Here is your universal belt ready!
How to cut and sew a belt for an evening dress on your own?
Do I need a pattern for a belt on a dress or coat? You have already made a simple belt for a dress from your own fabric. It’s time to think about creating something more complex, for example, to sew an accessory for an evening outfit. Here, of course, more time will be required, but there is nothing complicated.
Today at the peak of popularity are wide belts with buckles. Therefore, the creation of something like this, we now consider:
- As in the previous version, first we measure the volume of our waist. Considering that the belt will be on the fastener, it is necessary to add 4 cm to the figure obtained, and another 2 cm to the seam. In this case, it will be tight, reliable, and most comfortable to sit on the waist.
- In order for him to keep his shape well, it should be strengthened with non-woven fabric, because of which the belt will be reduced by a couple of centimeters, which should be added to its final length. That is, having a waist of 60 cm in volume, the fabric will need 68 cm in length.
Video: How to Wear a Trimmer Belt
- Cut a strip of the required width and length. It is not difficult to determine these quantities, as we have already found out, you can do everything according to the scheme already given in the case of a simple belt.
- Fold the product in half, draw a medium line with soap or chalk.
- Sew the corsage tape on the wrong side. In this case, the length of the tape will be equal to the length of your belt minus 2 cm, which we took on the seam. Using the sewing machine, sew the ribbon to one part of the product from the inside, departing 1 cm from the edge.
- Inside out, fold the belt in half, sew on only three sides.
- Turn the product on the front side, carefully sew the edge left open.
- Sew buttons, a decorative clasp or hook-and-eye clasps – choose your own option.
An elegant belt from a ribbon with your own hands for a dress is almost ready, it remains only to decorate it with rhinestones, beads, appliques, fabric flowers, embroider with glass beads or beads. In fact, there may be many options for decorative design, and each of them, in its own way, gives the accessories sophistication, style, and beauty.
How to make a beautiful belt with a buckle with your own hands? Master Class
Perhaps the above options for accessories will seem to you too simple? Then get acquainted with the idea of how to make a belt for a dress with your own hands with an original buckle. In this case, of course, it will take even more patience, time, strength.
Methods and materials
There are two ways to make buckle belts – classic, accelerated. For work, you will need fabric, leather or a quality substitute longer than the waist by 15 cm, buckle, lining-sealant of the same size.
Sewing Technology – Option 1
First, consider how to make a belt for a dress with your own hands in the classical way:
- Cut out 2 strips from the fabric so that their width matches the width of the belt that you want to get, the length is equal to the circumference of the waist with the addition of 15 cm. Consider allowances for seams, not more than 0.5-0.7 cm.
- Cut strips from the lining of the same length and width as in the belt, except for allowances for the seams.
- Iron the seal or non-woven onto the outside of the belt from the wrong side.
- To the wrong side, take allowances on the slices of the outer part strictly along the edge of the seal. In the corners, allowances must be slightly tucked up.
- In the same way, take allowances on the slices of the inner part.
- Iron both parts with an iron, fold them in such a way that the wrong sides are inside, pin everything with safety pins.
- Sew the belt along the edges on the front side of the machine, grabbing the inner part.
Sewing Technology – Option 1
How to sew a wide belt for a dress according to the accelerated method, we will consider further:
- Cut one strip of leather or fabric so that its length is equal to the length of the product with allowances for seams, the width corresponds to the double width of the belt.
- Take a gasket with a length equal to the length of the belt, the width of the corresponding one part of the finished product. Allowances are not considered here.
- Fold a strip of fabric or leather in half and lengthwise so that the front side is inside.
- Sew longitudinal sections.
- Fold the product so that the seam is in the middle, smooth the seam allowances with an iron.
- Cut short slices. First grind slices on one edge, giving them the desired shape. Cut the seam allowances, leaving a few millimeters.
- Turn the belt to the front side, iron with an iron, paying maximum attention to the edges and ends.
- Insert gaskets to the seams with an adhesive base in it, iron the belt with an iron.
- Sew the product along the contours.
- Move away from the free edge of 3 cm, make a small hole, cut a circle with an awl or hole punch. Process it with a buttonhole stitch, thread a peg directly into it.
- Wrap a jumper with the end of the belt, catch it on the wrong side with a zigzag or oblique seam, stitch it all together.
- Punch blocks on the opposite side. In this case, one should be located at a distance equal to the circumference of the waist, the rest – with intervals equal to 3 cm.
- Buckles can be tightened with the same fabric of which the belt is made. Cut two pieces out of it, the size corresponding to the size of the buckle with the addition of allowances for stitching. Fold the details inward with your face, chalk out the markings. Cut the fabric down to the stitch into short cuts for jumpers. Turn the part and put it on the buckle.
So we learned how to make a simple, elegant or original belt on a dress with our own hands. The options discussed above are quite simple in terms of execution, do not require serious temporary and financial investments. But having made such accessories, you noticeably dilute your everyday and business wardrobe.