How to wind the line on the auto trimmer spool
How to replace line in any trimmer
How to replace line in any trimmer
So, first unscrew the nozzle. This should be done by rotating the drum to the right. Here we have a drum with the remnants of an old fishing line in our hands. We open it. Most often, the lid is closed with latches that can be opened with a screwdriver, threading it through the holes and slightly pressing. Or you need to squeeze the latch and turn the cover in the direction of the arrow. In this case, the lid itself must be held, since reels with automatic line feed have a spring that, when straightened, can throw out all the inner parts of the drum. Gently pulling out the reel, remove the scraps of fishing line from it.
Now you need to take 5 meters of new line and fold it in half (to find the middle). In the middle part of the reel there is a notch (in some designs. a hole), for which we need to hook our fishing line. There is also an arrow on the spool showing the direction of winding. An important detail. if the reel has two compartments, then one half of the line should be wound in one direction, and the other in the other. When finishing winding, you need to leave 15-20 cm of line free. There are also two notches on the top ring of the coil, through which these free ends need to be passed. We dealt with the winding itself.
The last step in the line replacement process is to assemble the drum. First you need to install the spring and washers in their place. Then, holding the reel with one hand, with the other you need to thread the ends of the line into the corresponding holes on the sides of the nozzle. After that, install the coil in its place, tightening the line and being careful not to dislodge the spring. When all the internal elements of the nozzle take their places, you can close the drum with a lid. You just need to make some effort to ensure that the latches fall into place. Voila! The mowing head is ready for use!
When choosing a fishing line for your motor scythe (gasoline or electric), you should dwell on some points, which we will talk about in detail.
Engine power determines which maximum line diameter can be used for a given braid. For example, the manufacturer of an electric trimmer with a power of up to 1 kW recommends using a line of ø2 mm, and for values of about 500 W, only ø1.5 mm. Also, the manufacturer of any heavy duty curved bar trimmer recommends using a ø2mm line.
The gasoline engine is more durable than the electric one, so you can install thicker line there, which means stronger line, which allows you to cut more grass and work longer.
On grass cutters with an even bar, you can select the line according to the following simple algorithm: the diameter in millimeters corresponds to the engine volume in tens of cubic centimeters. For example, for a Husqvarna 128R lawn mower with an engine capacity of about 25 cm3, use a line of ø2.5 ± 0.2 mm. For more powerful hedge trimmers with volumes of more than 40 cm3, only the geometric dimensions of the outlet openings of the mowing head. no more than 4 mm are the limitation of the diameter of the line.
So, a thin fishing line (about 1.5 mm) cuts well cultivated lawn grass, and a thick one (for example, 3.0-3.5 mm) successfully destroys weeds and even young shrubs.
The simplest and cheapest to manufacture is a round line. However, the requirements of ergonomics and environmental protection limit its use. due to its physical properties, it creates an unacceptably high level of noise (which is comparable to the noise of the engine itself). This is the classic Husqvarna round line or Oregon RoundLine or Chipmaster.
To reduce the noise produced by the line, it is given a special shape. they make it spiral like Oregon DuoLine Plus (noise reduction by 15 dB) or with special transverse grooves like Husqvarna Whisper (-8 dB).
Following the school laws of physics, the “working” part of the line during the mowing process is only the end surface, not the side surface. However, to increase the “sharpness” of the line, i.e. to increase efficiency, the cross section is changed from round to faceted: star-shaped, square or square with teeth. Oregon StarLine, Nylsaw or Flexiblade.
For example, according to the calculations of experts, the Oregon Nylsaw line, due to its square profile, is 27% “sharper” than its round counterpart, which clearly affects the increase in mowing speed.
# replace # any # diameter # shape # trimmer # lawn mower # for # spool # mow # repair # lawn mower # replacement
The importance of winding correctly
In order for fishing to be successful, you need to carefully prepare for it. Otherwise, “terrible things can happen”. the weather is wonderful, the bite is excellent, and the tackle constantly fails and prevents you from taking advantage of the favorable fishing conditions.
To prevent this from happening, you need to set up all fishing accessories in advance. One of the most important steps in preparing for fishing is the correct winding of the line on the spool of the fishing reel. Failure to comply with the basic rules threatens the would-be fisherman with entanglement and line breaks, and fishing instead of pleasure will become a test for the nervous system.
The casting distance depends on the quality of such work. Correct winding ensures the casting of the bait at a distance that best matches the technical characteristics of the reel.
In addition, high-quality winding extends the life of the line by reducing mechanical friction and reducing the risk of beard when casting, which often requires you to cut the line. Therefore, before starting work, you need to consider a few tips from experienced fishermen on how to lay the line on the spool. This is a fairly simple procedure that even a beginner can handle.
Storage rules on the spool
For the line to last longer, you need to properly care for it. When sending tackle for long-term storage, the line should be completely unwound and thoroughly dried, otherwise it will lose its elasticity. This is fraught with ruptures at the most inopportune moment. You can use a hair dryer to dry. When the line is completely dry, you need to wind it on a spool.
In general, you need to dry the thread after each fishing trip. Only this should not be done along the entire length, but only on an area slightly larger than the length of the long cast.
How to wind a fishing line on a reel: instructions
When collecting tackle for fishing, it is periodically required to change the line on the reel. This is a fairly simple procedure. However, it has a number of nuances. The correctness of this procedure will determine whether the thread will be flat when casting or will start to get confused. If the fisherman does the wrong thing, the thread may break. This causes a lot of difficulties. To avoid such troubles, it is necessary to consider in detail how to wind the line on a reel. This technology will be discussed in detail in the article.
Backing spool connection
Another important point in the question of how to properly wind the line on the spool is its connection to the spool. Some fishermen do not fix the line at all, believing that it is long enough and will never fully unwind. This is the wrong approach. Having fastened the reel or the line in the spool, you can not be afraid of the breakdown of large prey or idle scrolling of the line when fishing.
Among the many different snapping methods, the following are the most common:
- Special knot resembling a clinch. It is very durable and practically unstretched.
- A self-tightening knot is a special kind of loop that has some stretch. However, as a result of the tension of the line, such a knot is tightened all the way and holds perfectly.
The choice depends on the preference of the fisherman. Both options are quite reliable. They will provide comfort while fishing.
Determining the amount of rewinding
In the question of how to wind the line on a reel, for beginners there is a difficulty in determining the amount of winding. It can only be established experimentally. Experienced fishermen advise to reverse the order.
If there is a second reel of the same, you first need to wind the fishing line on it, and then the reel attached to it. In this case, the basic rule should be remembered: you can correctly wind the fishing line on the spinning reel only if the level of its top layer does not exceed 3 mm from the side of the spool. After that, you should rewind the thread to the main shule, already starting with the backing, which, as it should be, will be at the bottom.
If there is no second same coil, the measurement is made on the main coil, then the line is unwound and rewound on it, already starting from the winding.
What is backing?
It is usually difficult to determine how much line to spool. A standard spool is believed to hold one hundred meters of 0.3mm line. However, progress has stepped forward, and modern lines are becoming thinner, without losing the margin of safety.
How many meters of fishing line to wind on the reel, each angler decides for himself, depending on the fishing conditions. Therefore, it happens more and more often that the selected line is much smaller than the spool can accommodate. The resulting free space needs to be filled with something. Some people use electrical tape or nylon thread for these purposes, but this is not the best option. The adhesive on the tape that holds the bottom turns of the line peels off quickly. And the nylon thread dries for a very long time when wet.
Therefore, more and more anglers are inclined to the American method. to reel in the lower layer of fishing line is simpler and cheaper, and tie the main, higher quality to it. This turns of an inexpensive thread is called backing, in our opinion. reeling. It connects to the main strap with a self-tightening double loop, clinch or similar knot options.
Winding profiles (taper)
For different reel models, the turns of the line on the spool are applied in different ways. In high-quality products, the cylindrical and conical winding method is used. The line laid in profile forms a straight line. With a cylindrical winding, this line is straight, parallel to the spool, with a tapered winding. inclined.
The straight tapered shape tapers towards the front edge of the spool, the opposite one widens. Straight taper reduces line friction. Reverse styling reduces the likelihood of spontaneous line dumping.
There is also a third type of winding. chaotic. Usually used in cheap Chinese fishing rods. And if such winding can still be tolerated using ordinary fishing line, then the use of a cord in such a reel should be abandoned. Bad casts, beard, overlaps and entanglements are guaranteed. This leads to mishaps in fishing and can also ruin the mood of every fisherman.
How easy it is to wind the line around the trimmer reel and lawn mowers. How to change the line on a lawn cutter or trimmer in just a few minutes. Watch and find out. I tried to show as clearly as possible and describe as informatively as possible.
SUBSCRIBE THE CHANNEL. http://bit.ly/2UbqIr2
In order not to miss new useful videos
How to wind line on a trimmer reel or how to line a lawn mower. Threading the line does not take much time, the procedure itself is quite simple. The main thing is to see it once and everyone can replace the fishing line on the trimmer. Have a nice day everyone and see you in new videos!
Like the video?
In addition, you should pay special attention to the thickness of the consumable. For mowing young grass, a thread with a diameter of one and a half millimeters is suitable. The larger the diameter of the thread, the more dry and coarse weeds it is capable of overpowering.
When choosing a fishing line by thickness, there is one “but”. It is important not only to assess the capabilities of the material, but also to take into account the features of the trimmer. Be sure to check the user manual that came with your tool for information on cutting element requirements.
Using the wrong thread can damage the tool. Using a thread that is too thick will overload the machine’s motor. And the use of a thread that is too thin will significantly increase the wear of the twisting mechanism.
That is why it is necessary to approach the choice of consumables no less responsibly than to refuel it in the trimmer. When a suitable fishing line is found and purchased, you can begin to consider ways of winding it on a reel.
- delete everything
Threading the line into the trimmer spool is a relatively simple procedure, provided you follow a specific procedure. When you need to determine how many meters of consumable is enough, wind it around the bobbin so that the skein does not exceed the diameter of the sides. Having decided on the length of the cord, follow the instructions below:
- Fold the consumable in half so that one end of the line is 10-15 cm longer than the other.
- Charging should be started from the center board, which divides the trimmer bobbin into 2 parts. Find the groove where the cord should be inserted. Bend the last in half.
- Determine in which direction you want to wind the line. To do this, take a closer look at the bobbin, which may contain an arrow or an inscription. She indicates the side of the winding. If there are no markings on the reel, then look at the arrow on the mowing head. wind in the opposite direction.
- The consumables should be washed carefully, turn to turn. Try to stick to the maximum thread tension.
- After completing the lining, secure the short end of the material first. To do this, insert it into a groove on the side of the coil that fits in diameter. The other end (longer), attach in the groove on the other side of the trimmer bobbin.
- After securing the fishing line, cut off the ends. Do not forget to leave allowances of about 10 cm.
- Place the loaded bobbin onto the mowing head of the device. To do this, you need to alternately insert and pull the thread into the outlet holes of the head, in order to then place the bobbin of the device into the skin.
- Using the required force, pull the cord out of the locking grooves and tighten the material. After completing this step, put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
Step-by-step winding of the line to the spool
You can also wind the cord on the trimmer in another way, in which two pieces of material are charged instead of one. The replacement is done like this:
- Bend one end of the cord into a crochet hook.
- There should be a hole at the bottom of the bobbin to hold the line in place. Insert the bent end of the thread there.
- Wind the cord material in the direction of the arrow to the desired level, which does not exceed the diameter of the trimmer spool.
- Do the same for the second bobbin compartment.
- The assembly of the device head is similar to the first method.
Spool Trimmer Heads
The main elements of the trigger is the mowing head, which is a cylindrical body with a bobbin inserted inside. The fishing line (cord) is tucked into it. The heads differ from each other in the way of feeding and threading the cord. There are three types of heads in total:
How to Rewind the Spool on the STIHL AutoCut® C 26-2
- Automatic. The line is then fed as the user decreases the engine speed. Automatic cord feeding is very convenient when there is a lot of work to be done. The disadvantage of such a head is the high thread consumption.
- Semi-automatic. The use of such a head does not require the user to perform any complex manipulations. The principle of its operation is designed in such a way that the line begins to automatically lengthen while the trimmer is operating at full speed. You just need to lightly bang the head of the machine on the ground (this will remove the blocking of the line), and the cord will be pulled out of the bobbin due to centrifugal force. Then the line is cut to the required length with a knife, which is located on the protective casing.
- Manual. To lengthen the cord, it is necessary to stop the apparatus. After that, the line will need to be pulled out manually.
Types of trimmer spools
How to wind line on a trimmer
You don’t need to have any special skills to reel in a gas or electric trimmer. To begin with, it is important to decide on a suitable consumable, and then choose the best method. There are two different ways to load the line into the spool of the device.
What you need to know about trimmer line
A fishing line is a consumable made of nylon that serves as a cutting device. By means of this equipment, the grass is cut, which is ensured by rotating the tool head at a high frequency. This material has a different thickness, which depends on its use on the corresponding tools, low-power electric (from 1 to 1.6 mm), electric from 500 W (2 to 2.4 mm) and gasoline trimmers with lawn mowers (from 2.4 to 3. 2 mm).
The more powerful the tool, the correspondingly thicker the cutting equipment should be. This affects not only the quality of the grass cut, but also the service life of the material. If you are wondering how to wind the trimmer coil, then it is time to change and reload the tool. With the onset of spring, this question is becoming more and more popular, so it’s time to figure out the step-by-step instructions for replacing the line in the trimmer reel.
A few tips for properly threading the string into the trimmer
- If the coil allows you to wind fifteen meters of thread, then you should not wind so much, ten is enough, that is, if you fold it in two layers, you get five meters. With a different line capacity, you should use the same rule.
- In the case when an ordinary round thread is used, it is better that it be 3.3 mm in diameter. If this is a curly fishing line, then its thickness should be less, for example, 3 mm.
- It is better to wind both segments of the fishing line on the spool at once, and it is necessary to start from its bend. It is important not to overlap in the direction of the arrow. It is also important to be able to pull the thread perfectly. If the thread is over-tightened, then it can overlap. If not reached, it can twist. In order not to cut your hands on the curly thread yourself, you should wind it with gloves.
- No need to leave the ends of the line long. This can cause it to curl.
than 200 types of trimmers in one place at the lowest prices. Click and watch
Now, having removed and disassembled the coil, we proceed, in fact, to winding.
Trimmer head with automatic line threading
Trimmer head types
Some models on the market have a reel with an automatic winding mechanism. It is enough for the owner to properly thread and fix the ends in the head, and the winding operation will be performed by the tool itself when it is turned on. It is almost impossible to wind the line incorrectly into a trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae. The advantages of an automatic trimmer head include ease of threading the line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and high cost.
How does a line head work on a lawn mower why you need to know how it works
Depending on the manufacturer, the heads differ structurally not only externally, but also internally. Most drums have a pressure spring inside (semi-automatic and automatic). Above is an instruction on how to disassemble the trimmer head without a spring, i.e. on the head of the manual type. The principle of dismantling a semi-automatic head with a spring inside is almost identical to the instructions described above.
The principle of operation of the semi-automatic trimmer coil is as follows:
- Inside the head there is a coil, which is fitted on the slots, which prevent its free movement.
- A spring acts on the coil, which presses it against the slots in the cover structure
- A fishing line is wound on the tip, the length of which depends on the tool itself. Typically this length is between 1 and 4 meters.
- During the performance of work, if it is necessary to increase the length of the line, the protruding part of the drum is pressed, whereby it disengages from the splines. In this case, the line is unwound from the drum, increasing in length
- After releasing the required amount of fishing line, release the pressure and continue cutting the grass
The advantage of a tool with a line is that this consumable does not require sharpening, compared to metal discs. In addition, if a stone or a tree comes across on the way, the line simply breaks off, without adversely affecting the gearbox and engine of the tool, as is the case with metal cutting discs.
Knowing the design and device of the types of mowing or trimmer heads, it is necessary to go on to consider the process of threading the line into the trimmer spool. After all, it is this moment that causes difficulties for most owners of special tools.
How to remove the spool from the trimmer and remove the line
Initially, remove the line from the trimmer spool before threading it into the trimmer spool. A reel or aiming device is a device that sits inside the mowing head, bobbin or drum. There are different types of heads (depending on the manufacturer), but the principle of replacing the line on the reel is the same for everyone. First of all, we will figure out how to remove the head from the tool, as well as how to get the drum and fishing line out of it.
It is interesting! The tooling can be changed directly on the tool, but if you are doing this for the first time, it is still recommended to remove the head and study the detailed winding process. After the technology has been mastered, you can perform replacement work on a trimmer lawn mower or lawn mower.
The instruction on how to unscrew the manual head on the trimmer is as follows:
- Turn the tool upside down and, if necessary, clean it from dirt. With two fingers of one hand, grip the cover latches (on the mowing head), which are symmetrically positioned to each other. After lightly pressing them inward, remove the protective cover from the drum
- Next, remove the line spool from the drum shaft. It is mounted on a shaft without fasteners, therefore it can be removed with one hand.
- The main part of the drum is fixed with a screw, which must be unscrewed with a screwdriver with an appropriate tip or bit
- To unscrew it, hold the drum base with one hand, and unscrew it counterclockwise with a screwdriver with the other.
- After that, you can start dismantling. To do this, you do not need to pull it with all your strength, but by slightly shaking it to the sides, slowly disengage it from the metal shaft on which the drum is seated.
- When reinstalling, fit the head into the square slots
This process is not difficult, and as you know, there is no need to dismantle the entire head if you know how the replacement is performed. When dismantling, consider the following nuances:
Knowing how to disassemble the drum, you should continue to figure out how to replace the trimmer line. The video below shows a detailed process on how to open the trimmer coil and disassemble it.
Now only I bite!
I caught this pike with a bite activator. No more fishing without a catch and looking for excuses for your bad luck! It’s time to change everything. The best bite activator of the year! Made in Italy.