How to Wrap Fishing Line On Trimmer Reel With Your Hands Properly: We Describe the Essence
What kind of fishing line is used for trimmer? How to remove the coil from the trimmer? Threading the coils with thread of different types of bobbins. A few tips on how to properly thread the string into the trimmer.
What you need to know about fishing line for trimmer
A fishing line is a consumable that consists of nylon and serves as a cutting device. By means of this equipment, grass mowing occurs, which is ensured by rotating the tool head with high frequency. This material has a different thickness, which depends on its use on the corresponding tools, low-power electric (from 1 to 1.6 mm), electric from 500 W (2-2.4 mm) and gasoline trimmers with scythes (from 2.4 to 3 , 2 mm).
The more powerful the tool, the correspondingly thicker the cutting tool should be. This affects not only the quality of the grass mowing, but also the life of the material. If you are wondering how to wind the trimmer coil, then it’s time to change the reload tool. With the onset of spring, this issue becomes more and more popular, so it’s time to understand the step-by-step instructions for replacing the fishing line in the trimmer coil.
Features of the use of trimmers
The trimmer mowing grass with a fishing line can be used near: houses and other buildings, fences and hedges, trees and shrubs, beds and flower beds, aisles in the garden.
Such a convenient, and most importantly, effective device, as a trimmer, exists in several variations:
As the names indicate, the types of trimmer are noticeably different from one another. But regardless of the type of tool, it the cutting element may be a fishing line. Of course, the line tucked into the reel of the trimmer is not infinite. And sooner or later it will be required to replace it with a new one.
The consumption of fishing line depends on on frequency of use device and scope of work performed. The more grass is cut and the more often it is trimmed with a trimmer, the more actively the line is consumed in it. And, accordingly, the faster it will end. In this regard, the question arises: how to fill the fishing line into the coil of the trimmer?
Not everyone knows the answer to this question. But winding fishing line on a reel plays an important role in the trimmer. In order for the device to function normally, it is very important to correctly wind a new line onto the reel. How to change the line on the trimmer, and will be discussed in this article.
Remove the coil from the trimmer
On small electric trimmers with the bottom position of the engine (when it is when working near the ground), the coil usually has two keys on its sides. We click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is taken out, on which the fishing line is directly wound. When parsing, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and petrol trimmers with a curved bar (there is still no way to put a knife on such trimmers), you need to grab the coil body with one hand, and with the second hand you need to start turning the lamb on it. It is he who fastens the coil to the trimmer bar. Having unscrewed the lamb, carefully remove the entire coil, being careful not to lose the spring inside.
On electric and petrol trimmers with a straight rod and a gearbox at its end (in addition to fishing line, you can also install a knife on such trimmers) we look for a hole under the coil, insert a screwdriver into it, for example, rotate the coil quietly until the screwdriver penetrates even deeper, and the coil will lock. Now twist the entire coil clockwise (since the thread is left) and remove it from the trimmer. Then we disassemble the coil. It can be assembled using latches or twisted by a lamb. If the coil is on latches, then we press on the sides on the base of the latches so that they bend and release one half of the coil body from the other. We just twist the lamb. There may also be a third type of connection of two halves of such a coil: with it, you need to grab the lower part with one hand, and the upper one with the other, and start turning them in opposite directions. When disassembling such a coil, you must also make sure that the spring inside is not lost.
than 200 types of trimmers in one place at the lowest prices. Click and see
Now, having removed and disassembled the coil, we proceed, in fact, to winding.
What kind of fishing line is used for the trimmer?
There are several types of fishing line:
- Stronger. round;
- For mowing soft vegetation. curly;
- For mowing narrow grass. with notches;
- Special. suitable for certain types of trimmer.
The cross-sectional view of the cutting thread should correspond to the vegetation that needs to be mowed.
If you need to change the fishing line, then you need to select exactly the type that is recommended by the manufacturer specifically for this model of trimmer, in other words, the thickness cutting thread must be suitable for motor power and unit size.
It is better to choose a specialized cutting thread. It is worth soaking the fishing line for a while, if you plan to change it in the reel.
After soaking, it acquires an elastic look and becomes stronger.
The cutting thread can be made of various components. Often found in their midst is nylon.
This material is characterized by the highest degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand different temperatures and the highest loads.
A fishing line made of nylon can be stored for a long time, it does not dry out and does not lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
Coils or heads for Lawn Mower have a different structure:
How to catch more fish?
- Single-stringed. In the modification of such a trimmer there is only one working line. This unit is used mainly for small jobs, such as trimming grass.
- Two-stringed. They can be either automatic or automatic. Here the package includes two strings. This trimmer is used for mowing and clearing areas.
Instructions for the correct winding of the thread on the trimmer spool:
- First of all, you need to disassemble the head. To do this, press the latch and turn the cover to the side. Next, the spool is removed.
- Measure the desired amount of cutting thread and insert it into the slot.
- Wrap fishing line on both sides in the direction of the arrow.
- The ends of a length of 15 cm should be left not wound.
- These ends are inserted into opposite slots.
- Then the ends are fixed in the hole on the head.
- Then the spool is carefully inserted into the case, To do this, gently press it.
- If necessary, the remaining ends of the thread can be pulled out. To do this, first pull one end of the thread, and then the other so that they can easily pass through the slots on the head.
- Now you need to assemble the grooves on the case and tighten the cover.
- Then press the spool and try to twist it all the way. If you hear a click, then the spool clicks into place.
- Next, you need to stretch the free ends of the thread to the end.
How to wind a fishing line on a mowing head of a trimmer or Lawn Mower
The video shows in detail how reel fishing line trimmers or scythes. Refueling with mowing line.
how wind up scaffold on the mowing head of a Lawn Mower (trimmer)
Find out more on our website: Subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel! Always glad to cooperate!
How to remove the reel from the trimmer and remove the fishing line
Initially, before you put fishing line in the trimmer coil, you need to remove it from there. A coil or pickup is a device that is located inside the mowing head, bobbin or drum. The heads come in different types (depending on the manufacturers), however, the principle of replacing fishing line on the reel is the same for everyone. First of all, we will figure out how to remove the head from the tool, as well as how to get the drum and fishing line out of it.
It is interesting! Tooling can be replaced directly on the tool, but if you are doing this for the first time, it is still recommended to remove the head and study the detailed winding process. After the technology has been mastered, you can perform replacement work on a trimmer trimmer or a brushcutter.
The instruction on how to unwind the manual head on the trimmer has the following form:
- Turn the tool upside down and, if necessary, clean it from contamination. Use two fingers of one hand to hold the cover latches (on the mowing head), which are located symmetrically to each other. After lightly pressing them inward, remove the protective cover from the drum
- Next, the fishing reel should be removed from the drum shaft. It is mounted on a shaft without fasteners, therefore it is dismantled with one hand
- The main part of the drum is fixed with a screw, which must be unscrewed with a screwdriver with the appropriate tip or bit
- To unscrew it is necessary to hold the base of the drum with one hand, and the second to perform unscrewing with a screwdriver counterclockwise
- After that, you can proceed to dismantle. To do this, you do not need to pull it with all its strength, but slightly swaying to the sides, slowly disengage from the metal shaft on which the drum is mounted
- When reinstalling, put the head into the slots of the tetrahedral shape
Video: How to Wrap Fishing Line On Trimmer Reel With Your Hands Properly: We Describe the Essence
This process is not difficult, and as you know, it is not necessary to dismantle the entire head if you know how the replacement is performed. When dismantling, consider the following nuances:
Knowing how to disassemble the drum, you should continue to clarify the process of replacing the trimmer fishing line. The video below shows a detailed process on how to open the trimmer coil and disassemble it.
How does the head with fishing line on the Lawn Mower work? Why do you need to know the principle of operation
Depending on the manufacturer, the heads differ structurally not only externally, but also internally. Most drums have a clamping spring inside (semi-automatic and automatic). Above is an instruction on how to disassemble a trimmer head without a spring, i.e. on a manual type head. The principle of dismantling a semi-automatic head with a spring inside is almost identical to the above described instructions.
The principle of operation of the semi-automatic trimmer coil is as follows:
- Inside the head is a coil that is seated on the slots, preventing its free movement
- A spring acts on the coil, which presses it against the slots in the cover structure
- A line is wound around the tip, the length of which depends on the tool itself. Usually this length is from 1 to 4 meters
- During the execution of the work, if it is necessary to increase the length of the fishing line, the protruding part of the drum is clamped, whereby it disengages from the slots. In this case, the fishing line is wound off the drum, increasing in length
- After releasing the required amount of fishing line, you should release the pressing, and continue to work on the cutting of grass
The advantage of a fishing line tool is that this consumable material does not require sharpening compared to metal discs. In addition, if there is a stone or a tree on the way, the line simply comes off, without adversely affecting the gearbox and the tool motor, as is the case with metal cutting discs.
Knowing the design and arrangement of the types of mowing or trimmer heads, it is necessary to go on to consider the process of refueling fishing line into the trimmer coil. Indeed, it is this moment that causes the majority of owners of special tools difficulties.
Winding fishing line on trimmer
The measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit reel makes it possible to go directly to the winding of the fishing line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today, there are several varieties of reels, depending on the number of antenna line fishing line and methods of refueling:
- Trimmer head with one working antennae;
- A bobbin with two antennae fishing line;
- Auto winding reel.
Single-Barrel Trimmer Coil
Single-mustache coil brush
Many owners and specialists note the simplicity of operation and refueling reels with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the fishing line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and winding is made in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most coils on the outside of the case have marks in the form of arrows that indicate the direction of movement of the trimmer bobbin.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to enhance centrifugal force, which is crucial when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic reels. We pass the left end through the working hole of the coil and assemble the head.
Double Antenna Trimmer
Two groove head
After removing the spool from the coil body, we determine the number of streams for winding fishing line (1 or 2). There is no fundamental difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but with careless refueling in a twin groove, there are problems with operation. Due to the likelihood of weaving adjacent tool strings, a situation may arise when it is impossible to remove new ones after wear of the working antennae.
Regardless of the number of streams for refueling, a fishing line from 1.5 to 3 meters long is taken. Winding must be done in the direction opposite to the rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will cause the line to not be removed from the reel. After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, free ends (15-30 cm) are threaded through special holes. Next, we collect the head in the reverse disassembly order and check the performance. Do not worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the guard will cut off the excess.
Trimmer head with automatic threading
Types of Trimmer Heads
In some models available on the market, a reel with an automatic winding mechanism is installed. It is enough for the owner to correctly tuck and fix the ends in the head, and the tool itself will perform the winding operation when it is switched on in the operating mode. It is almost impossible to wind a fishing line into a trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae. The advantages of an automatic trimmer head include the ease of refueling fishing line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and high cost.
Instructions with a step-by-step description of how to wind the trimmer coil and the brushcutter
In order not to be mistaken with the choice of a suitable fishing line for your tool, you should first disassemble the head, and look at the side wall of the reel. This information is usually presented on a tip that will not allow you to make a mistake with the use of appropriate equipment.
If the information on the reel about what diameter the fishing line can be refueled, then this information can be clarified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the snap, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways to do this, but not all of them are applicable. We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on which models of motokos and trimmers you use, you decide on your own which option is suitable.
It is interesting! The principle of how to wind a fishing line on a motor-scythe tip is appropriate not only for autonomous petrol units, but also for electric trimmers.
A few tips on how to properly thread the string into the trimmer
- If the coil allows you to wind fifteen meters of thread, then you should not wind so much, ten is enough, that is, if folded in two layers, it will turn out five meters. With a different capacity of fishing line, it is worth using the same rule.
- In the case when an ordinary round thread is used, it is better that it be a 3.3 mm diameter. If it is a figured fishing line, then its thickness should be less, for example 3 mm.
- It is better to reel both pieces of fishing line on the spool at once, and it is necessary to start from its bend. It is important to prevent overlapping in the direction of the arrow. It is also important to be able to perfectly pull the thread. If the thread is tightened, then it can go lapped. If not reached, it can twist. In order not to cut your hands on the curly thread yourself, you should wrap it with gloves.
- No need to leave the ends of the fishing line long. This may cause it to twist.
Method 2. how to properly put fishing line on a motor-scythe reel with a photo description and video
The second method differs from the first in that not a single piece of equipment is charged into the coil, but segments of two parts. This method is used by manufacturers, and it is also suitable for those who have leftover material. The principle of how to insert two pieces of fishing line into the tip of the brushcutter is the same with the first method, and to make sure of this, below is a detailed instruction:
- There are two equal lengths of material that can be used.
- One piece is taken, and the edge is bent in the form of a clamping bracket or hook, with the help of which the fishing line will be fixed
- Inside the coil there are holes in the form of a bracket for fixing, which are there for a reason. If they are not, then the second option will not work. The appearance of these brackets is shown in the photo below. Each bracket is in its own half.
- Brace fishing line should catch on the bracket, and make it winding in the direction of the arrow
- The tooling is wound up until a segment of 10-15 cm remains, which is fixed in the corresponding hole on the side of the tip
- Similarly, the manipulation of the second end of the fishing line
- The tabs start up in the holes of the head, and then, removing the snap-in from the temporary fasteners in the coil, a cover with latches is installed
The above instructions on how to install a scaffold in a Lawn Mower will help not only correctly, but also quickly perform the replacement procedure. Assembly of the trimmer coil, as mentioned above, can be performed without removing the head, but in this case you will need to conveniently fix the tool. Video instruction is presented below.
Now only pecks from me!
I caught this pike with the help of a bite activator. No more fishing without a catch and looking for excuses for your bad luck! It is time to change everything. The best bite activator of the year! Made in Italy.
Tips and tricks on how to wind a fishing line and what you need to know
There are some useful tips and tricks that will be useful to learn not only for beginners, but also for experienced mowers. These tips will help prevent negative consequences in the form of injuries and improper functioning of the mechanism. These recommendations read as follows:
- Install the cover until it clicks. over, this is 2 or more clicks, which depends on the number of clips. If one latch does not snap in, then when you start the tool, the drum may pop out and injure a person
- Do not wrap the fishing line with a strong pulling it, as well as in an amount greater than you can insert it into place. It’s better not to wring the snap than it will be more, as this will lead to negative consequences in the form of the inability to unwind it if necessary
- If you own a tool not with two leads of the fishing line, but with one (usually these are low-power units), then the winding process is carried out in the same sequence as described above, only with the difference in the absence of a middle rim between the extreme bases of the coil
- After replacing the material, it is necessary to first check the operability of the tool, and only then proceed to mowing the grass. If you do not perform a preliminary check, then the forest can unwind and injure a person
It is interesting! Choose material of the appropriate quality so as not to get injured when working with petrol scythes, trimmers and scythes. In the process of mowing grass, small stones and other materials fall under the rotating parts, which can fly off over long distances, therefore, despite the fact that the fishing line is not a knife, work with the tool should be carried out in protective special uniform.
The result of the work done is the following. after the replacement of new material, the usual one is enough for an area of up to 600 square meters, but taking into account the presence of a reinforcing layer on the fishing line. Conventional nylon materials serve less, which is important to consider when working. Do not try to mow thick-stemmed grass with fishing line, as there are special metal discs or knives for this.