Husqvarna 137 Chain How Many Links
Chainsaw Husqvarna 137
Chainsaw Husqvarna 137 (Husqvarna) refers to the amateur non-professional options. Light weight (4.6 kg without chain and bar) and engine power (1.6 kW)
Adjusting the carburetor Husqvarna 137
In the correct operation of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, a high-quality carburetor setting, chain tension and sharpening are important. To adjust the carburetor, you need to turn the screw on it, which regulates the idle speed to the stop. Then counterclockwise you need to turn the screw 4.5 turns. In this position, the chain should not rotate when the engine is running. If this is not the case, you need to contact the service center. Each step of adjusting the screw should be no more than 1/16 of a turn and be accompanied by another test of operation.
Chainsaw Husqvarna 137
- Chainsaw device Husqvarna 137
- Carburetor Husqvarna 137
- Chainsaw chain Husqvarna 137
- Specifications Husqvarna 137
- Adjusting the carburetor Husqvarna 137
- Husqvarna 137 chainsaw reviews
Chainsaw Husqvarna 137 (Husqvarna) belongs to the amateur non-professional options. Low weight (4.6 kg without chain and bar) and engine power (1.6 kW) made it highly popular with consumers. There are 2 tire options available for this model, 13 “and 15”. Their pitch is 0.325 ″ and the maximum end radius is 10T. With proper operation and timely maintenance, it will last for many years. During operation, the device emits a noise of 98-108 dB.
Specifications Husqvarna 137 Chainsaw chain Husqvarna 137
For this variant of the device, the Swedish manufacturer recommended the Husqvarna H30 chain with a 1.3 mm drive link. The manufacturer recommends sharpening it by a specialist. The degree of tension is determined visually. Its adjustment is carried out with a screwdriver with an adjusting screw in steps of ¼ turn to the right or left.
Carburetor Husqvarna 137
Carburetor manufacturer. Walbro. Device type. WT-660.
Chainsaw device Husqvarna 137
When assembled on the Husqvarna 137 saw you can see:
- Handles (front, rear and starter grip);
- Covers (cylinder, clutch and starter);
- Chain brake handle;
- Tanks (for fuel and chain oil);
- Levers (throttle, control and air damper locks);
- Ignition switch;
- A tire with its guide and end sprocket;
- Chain with its tension screw;
- Protective shield for the right hand.
The disassembled Husqvarna 137 chainsaw
Inside the unit is a fuel and lubrication system, including a carburetor, and an ignition system.
Chainsaw device Husqvarna 137
Among the advantages of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw is its simplicity of design. The model is based on a reliable gasoline engine with a volume of 36.3 cm3. An efficient forced air system is responsible for its cooling. For refueling Husqvarna 137, its device has large tanks for fuel and oil. The processed gases from the engine cylinder are directed to the muffler, from where they enter the environment.
A tire is responsible for cutting wood, with a length of 33 to 38 cm. A chain is installed on it with a pitch of 0.325 “. The Husqvarna 137 has a tensioning screw to adjust the saw chain tension.
Chainsaw controls are represented by an ignition on and off button, a gas lever and a throttle position adjustment mechanism. All switches are located at the back of the tool, close to the operator’s hands. Also at the rear of the Husqvarna 137 are 2 handles and a starter rope.
To protect the feller, the chainsaw is equipped with a shield that prevents damage to the right hand. To stop the tire in case of kickback, the tool is equipped with an inertial chain brake.
All internal mechanisms of the chainsaw are protected by a sturdy plastic housing. It can withstand drops and light impacts on hard objects.
The Husqvarna 137 chainsaw has been designed in such a way to give the operator free access to the main consumables of the tool. This allows you to easily replace worn parts right in the field.
The chainsaw stalls at full throttle. How to solve the problem?
The cause of this breakdown is most often the filling of the spark plug at the moment when the engine starts to quickly gain momentum. To fix the breakdown, unscrew and clean the candle, and then dry it completely. Next, you need to drain the remaining fuel through the spark plug hole. At the end, you need to screw the candle into place and try to start the instrument again.
Another common cause of breakage is lack of spark. Repair should begin by inspecting the contact between the high-voltage wire and the spark plug tip. If the contact is not broken, and the saw still stalls when you press the gas, then you should inspect the electronic ignition unit. This unit cannot be repaired, so it will have to be replaced entirely.
Chainsaws Husqvarna (Husqvarna) 137
The Husqvarna 137 chainsaw is a robust and durable garden tool for hobbyists. Despite its small size and light weight, this model is capable of long work on cutting large branches and trees with a trunk diameter of up to 35 cm. The chainsaw shows modest fuel consumption and ease of use, which makes it a reliable assistant for novice fellers.
DIY Husqvarna 137 chainsaw carburetor adjustment
Correct carburetor setting is essential for the efficient operation of the Husqvarna 137. This tool assembly must be adjusted in cases where the saw will not start, is unstable, or consumes a significant amount of fuel.
In this case, you will need to do the following:
- First, the saw will need to be installed on a flat surface, and put it on its side;
- After that, it is necessary to turn the screw to the stop, which regulates the engine idling speed;
- Next, you need to turn this screw 4.5 turns counterclockwise. After that, you need to make sure that during the operation of the motor with this position of the screw, the saw chain does not rotate;
- If the saw chain runs on the bar, continue turning the screw slowly. Each time it is checked again, it should not go more than 1/16 of a turn.
After completing all the above steps, you will need to start the chainsaw, and give it about a minute to warm up. If the carburetor is adjusted correctly, the tool’s engine will run much more stable, and the amount of fuel consumed by it will be significantly reduced.
Specifications for Husqvarna 137
Among the advantages of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, solid technical characteristics stand out.
- Power. 2.18 liters. From.;
- Maximum torque. 13000 rpm;
- Fuel tank capacity. 370 ml;
- Oil reservoir capacity. 190 ml;
- The recommended bus length is 33–38 cm;
- Chain pitch. 0.325 “;
- Weight with cutting element. 5 kg.
Thanks to its good performance, the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw can be used not only in private households, but also in felling. The tool is good at pruning branches, removing old shrubs and cutting down trees up to 40 cm in diameter.
Chainsaw malfunctions and their elimination
There are typical malfunctions that owners of the Husqvarna 137 model most often face. In order to be able to fix them with your own hands, you need to study the signs of their appearance and effective methods of repairing them.
Description and technical characteristics of the saw
Chainsaw model “Husqvarna 137” (included in the list of “best chainsaws”) first went on sale in 2005. It was released at the same time as the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw. It was appreciated by “amateurs”. This amateur saw model is a great option for working in the country. Most similar models do not start well due to infrequent use.
At the dacha and suburban area, it is not so often necessary to use a chainsaw. Husqvarna specialists have developed a new technology that will come to the rescue in case of a problem with starting the saw, thanks to which the Husqvarna 137 starts, as they say, with a half turn.
A special spring is built into the chainsaw, which turns the crankshaft at the right moment. This makes it possible to start the saw effortlessly in relation to the starter rope.
In addition, the Husqvarna 137 has an improved ignition mechanism that produces a spark. The manufacturer has made sure that the “amateur” chainsaw is equipped with a device that is equipped with professional saw models.
The design of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw is as close as possible to the design of professional equipment. However, the ergonomic design is also appreciated by amateurs. The model is equipped with an air injection system called “Air Injection”.
- The volume of the fuel tank is 0.41 liters.
- Weight without fuel and without tire. 4600 g.
- The tire is 220-380 mm long.
- Vibration on the front handle. 4.9 m / s.Kv.
- Vibration on the rear handle. 7.7 m / s.Kv.
- Chainsaw power. 2.2 HP
- Engine volume. 36.3 cubic meters. Cm.
Chainsaw Husqvarna 137 price. From 1200 to 2200 rubles.
Choosing the right oil for chainsaw chain lubrication will be easier by reading our other article.
Chainsaw instruction manual
Chainsaw “Husqvarna 137”, like other models of this brand, is equipped with an inertial automatic chain brake. This part was invented by the engineers at Husqvarna. Now most of the manufacturers still produce chainsaws with a contact brake. That is, the brake is applied when interacting with the hand during a return impact. In practice, however, such a contact brake may not work at all. Don’t forget to take care of your engine, read this article to learn how to dilute gasoline with chainsaw oil.
The auto-vibration system of this model works on the principle of “two masses”. The manufacturer does not release other systems.
The Husqvarna 137 is equipped with a high profile professional chain (just like the Stihl chainsaw). This is another difference from low-profile chainsaws. Chainsaws with a high profile chain are forty percent higher. This is especially striking with large volumes of work. In addition, these chainsaws remain highly efficient even when working with contaminated wood.
One of the most common mistakes when starting a Husqvarna 137 is closing the choke without turning on the ignition.
Turns out that the fuel mixture enters the cylinder. And there is no spark, no ignition. After that, you will have to unscrew the candle, wipe it and screw it back in. Therefore, it is worth remembering that all Husqvarna chainsaws have a combined damper, and the ignition in them will turn on automatically at the moment when the choke lever is pulled out. There should be no errors.
Instructions for setting up and adjusting yourself
Before proceeding to setting up the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, you need to install it. Before starting work, you need to study the device of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw.
- Be sure to wear gloves for protection. They are not included in the delivery set, so you need to take care of their purchase in advance. First you need to install the saw comb and secure it with two screws.
- If chains and bars are not installed, they should also be replaced. To do this, remove the cover and the nuts securing it. If there is a shipping pad on the chain, remove it.
- Adjust the chain tension with the adjusting screw. It is important that the gripper can enter the hole in the tire. To advance the gripper, turn the adjusting screw counterclockwise. In this way, the correct grip position can be achieved.
- Next, you need to prepare the chain for installation. For this, its correct position is selected. A sprocket is placed on the chain, which is located behind the clutch drum. The chain is passed between the sprocket teeth.
- The top of the guide bar must be moved into the groove of the guide bar.
When the editing is finished, you can go to setting up the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw.
- First you need to set the saw switch to the “On” position.
- Then pull out the idle throttle lever until it stops.
- Pull the starter cord with a brisk movement of your hand (no more than ten times).
To start and tune an already warm engine, you need to:
- Set the saw switch to the “On” position.
- Aim the Mode Change Knob at the HalfChoke mark.
- With your right hand, you need to pull the cord until the engine starts to work.
- Press in the engine starter to return it to idle speed.
For the disassembly and assembly process, see:
How to adjust the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw (Husqvarna). Tuning and adjusting the saw
Before you go shopping for a chainsaw, you need to decide what kind of work it will be intended for. This can be daily work at a sawmill or using a saw to work in the country.
In either case, a chainsaw from the manufacturer “Husqvarna” will be able to cope with the task.
A company called Husqvarna was founded in 1687. Husqvarna (Husqvarna) is the market leader in production and gardening equipment. It is part of a Swedish concern that unites several companies. Manufacturing various types of equipment, ranging from compact sewing machines to impressive ATVs.
Husqvarna offers its customers the widest range of specialized machinery and equipment. In recent years, the company has increased the number of patented innovations. Husqvarna stands firmly on the watch for progress.
The manufactured products of this brand turn hard work (see how to cut a tree with a chainsaw) into a simple occupation that does not harm either humans or the environment.
Chainsaw “Husqvarna 137” belongs to equipment produced under the category “Forest Professionals”. Along with this model, the manufacturer also produces universal professional chainsaws, blowers and pole saws. All manufactured equipment is compact in size and easy to operate. All Husqvarna chainsaws have three features. The ability to absorb unnecessary vibrations, improved air filtration system, high power.
Husqvarna Safety Guidelines
Since the Husqvarna 137 is a high-speed cutting tool, certain safety guidelines must be followed.
Please read these instructions carefully to avoid an accident.
- The spark plug wire must be disconnected during transportation, cleaning. It is important to ensure that it does not come into contact with the spark plug in order to avoid suddenly starting the circuit.
“Husqvarna 137” is an irreplaceable assistant on a country site or a summer cottage. It is distinguished by its modern design, high power, compact dimensions and low fuel consumption. This is perhaps one of the best amateur-grade chainsaws. With proper operation and compliance with all safety rules, it will serve its owner faithfully for more than a dozen years. Read about possible malfunctions of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw in our other article.
Read also how to repair a Husqvrna chainsaw.
How to adjust the carburetor
Initial adjustment of the carburetor is carried out at the manufacturing plant to the standard fuel parameters based on operation in summer conditions. The settings are changed due to vibration during sawing wood or due to the use of a poor-quality fuel mixture. Chainsaw carburetor adjustment is performed in cases where the engine is unstable, does not start, or stalls under load.
To repair a carburetor with your own hands, you need to have the following tools:
- Thin wire.
The restoration of the product’s performance is carried out in the following ways:
- Wire cleaning of clogged channels.
- Adjusting the tension of the gas supply damper drive cable.
- Removing the defective membrane and installing a new part.
- Sealing connections.
- Replacing the gasket.
After troubleshooting, the instrument is fine-tuned by rotating bolts L (crankshaft speed), T (idle) and H (fuel delivery volume).
Compact and versatile chainsaw Husqvarna 137 (Husqvarna)
The small chainsaw Husqvarna 137 belongs to the category of amateur equipment. The product is lightweight, convenient and compact. It is popular not only in households but also among professional lumberjacks. The unit is in demand among builders, rescuers and foresters, since it is convenient for them to work in hard-to-reach places and in confined conditions.
The product has a classic design for its class. Manufacturers have embodied simplicity and sufficiency in it.
Chainsaw device Husqvarna 137:
- Handles for holding;
- Mechanical starter;
- Internal combustion engine;
- Chain brake lever;
- Tanks for oil and fuel mixture;
- Throttle, gas and choke control levers;
- Ignition button;
- Sprocket tire;
- Saw chain.
A fuel supply system and a clutch are mounted inside the body.
The parameters of the chainsaw compare favorably with those of similar products of the light class.
- Type. Gasoline, carburetor;
- Engine power. 1.64 kW (2.2 hp);
- Fuel tank volume. 0.41 l;
- Oil tank volume. 0.20 l;
- Engine volume. 36.3 cm³;
- The number of links in the chain. 55;
- Dimensions. 250x420x260 mm;
- Noise level at full speed. 107 dB;
- Weight without refueling. 4.9 kg;
- Tire length. 40 cm;
The chain saw comes with spare spark plugs and branded chain oil.
The unit is responsible for supplying a mixture of fuel and oil to the cylinder. The carburetor is equipped with a diaphragm and a special needle valve. These parts regulate the pressure in the system. The dosage of the supplied air is carried out by two dampers located on the diffuser chamber. One adjusts the volume of air when the throttle is pressed and the other adjusts the flow during cold start of the tool. At this point, the damper is partially closed, and the rich mixture enters the engine.
After mixing gasoline and oil, fuel is fed into the cylinder through a check valve injector. This is an important part to prevent exhaust gases from entering the diffuser.
The Husqvarna 137 chainsaw chain is different:
- High strength;
- Low vibration;
- Wear resistance.
The drill links are chamfered for quality cutting in hardwood.
Saw chain feature:
- Link thickness. 1.3 mm;
- Chain pitch. 3/8 inch;
- Tire length. 40 cm;
- Number of links. 56.
The product implements the “chamfered bit” technology. The tension is set with a screwdriver by turning the adjusting screw. Sharpening is carried out with a round file with a diameter of 4 mm. An alternative is to use a grinding machine or the services of specialists from a service center.
Scope of application
In industry, construction and private households, there is often a need for fast and high-quality cutting of wood. It is not always possible to do this with a hand or power tool. A versatile autonomous tool. A Husqvarna 137 chainsaw powered by an internal combustion engine.
The product is used for the following purposes:
- Felling trees, their undergrowth and bushes;
- Cleaning tree trunks from branches;
- Preparation of firewood;
- Cutting of timber, boards and logs into blanks;
- Selection of grooves in lumber;
- Adjustment of wooden products to the specified dimensions;
- Woodcarving, making crafts and sculptures;
- Clearing debris in the forest;
- Dismantling of timber buildings.