Husqvarna 142 Won’T Start
Fuel system problems
If during inspection it was found that there is a spark, and the plug is dry, then there are problems in the fuel system. Checking it should begin with the fuel filter. Next, you need to inspect the fuel hose and its attachment to the carburetor, pay attention to fuel leaks from the carburetor and the presence of gasoline in the air filter housing. It is advisable to start removing the carburetor only if visual inspection did not allow determining the cause of the breakdown.
A common symptom of a problem in the fuel system is excess fuel in the engine cylinder. Typically, this is indicated by an overly wet spark plug and the presence of a spark at the plug contacts. In this situation, it is necessary to turn the chainsaw over so that the plug hole is directed downward. If, at the same time, gasoline flows from the cylinder, then the reason that the chainsaw does not start is the overflow of fuel into the engine.
The process of adjusting the carburetor can be found on the example of the Champion 254 saw, by looking at the instructions.
Determine the availability of fuel and its supply.
First you need to make sure that there is a fuel mixture in the tank of a chainsaw that does not want to start, and it regularly enters the carburetor. With a full tank, we check how the mixture is fed through the gas line. Disconnect the fuel system pipe from the carburetor and try to pump it up. In the case of a complete order, when pumping, gasoline will be supplied in jerks in accordance with the standards set by the manufacturer. Poor or no fuel supply can result from:
- The fuel supply channel is clogged;
- Debris-clogged fuel filter.
Often the reason for a poor start of the chainsaw can be a tank that is too full. In this case, you should pay attention to the presence of smudges under the saw case cover. If present, see the connection of the gasoline feed pipe to the carburetor. Most often, it is squeezed out by pressure when the tank cap is screwed on, filled right up to the neck, which prevents the engine from starting.
The quality of the fuel mixture can also be one of the reasons why the chainsaw does not start. If, after completing the work, the remaining gasoline is not drained, and the tool is left for long-term storage (more than 2 weeks), then the processes of resin formation and polymerization of the components will begin to occur inside the tank. What can cause carbon deposits on the piston, rings and cylinder liner. Therefore, always prepare the mixture only in the required amount before work.
Broken fuel line
During the operation of the chainsaw, vibration occurs, which can damage or break the fuel line of the chainsaw. In this case, the chainsaw will stall and it will be impossible to start. To diagnose a malfunction, you need to conduct an inspection and determine the presence of fuel leaks.
Chainsaw stalled and won’t start
If the tool stalled and does not start, first check the presence of fuel in the tank. Oddly enough it sounds, but many people forget about it and when a similar situation arises, they immediately try to repair the instrument, which can lead to serious damage.
In a situation where the saw has stalled, and there is still gas in the tank, you need to evaluate how the saw has worked up to this point. Maybe during work at the last moment there was an extraneous sound, rattling, ringing, power loss, or the instrument stopped abruptly. All this will allow a preliminary assessment of the situation.
One of the frequent cases of difficult starting of a chainsaw is wear of the CPG (cylinder-piston group).
As you know, for the normal start of a chainsaw, compression must be present in its engine. It is necessary for the normal compression of the fuel mixture in the engine cylinder, it also affects the operation of the fuel pump.
The reasons for the absence of compression, or its reduction, may be natural, because. The engine wears out during operation. Also, problems can be caused by a serious breakdown, for example, a scuffed CPG, or a broken piston ring.
A sign of reduced compression is a weak resistance of the starter when starting. With reduced compression, a decrease in the power of the chainsaw is observed, which negatively affects its performance. The problem is eliminated by replacing the piston rings, or completely by the CPG.
Chainsaw will not start when hot
In cases where the chainsaw does not start up hot, you need to conduct a visual inspection of all the main units of the chainsaw. Inspection should start with the spark plug. Check the spark, inspect the spark plug electrode surface, these steps will help establish the direction in which to look for the problem.
Maintenance and repair
The instruction manual for the product is recommended by the manufacturer for study before starting work. With her, you need to start repairing the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw. The book contains the following information:
- Safe use of the tool, required protective equipment.
- Running in the device.
- Assembly and start-up of equipment. This item is especially useful for beginners.
- Basic malfunctions and remedies.
- Information about the maintenance, cleaning and correct operation of your chainsaw.
- Description of saw sharpening, tools required for this.
Review of a convenient and reliable Swedish-made Husqvarna 142 chainsaw
A quality model from the Swedish company Husqvarna 142 chainsaw is a lightweight unit for household use, with the manufacturer’s declared reliability, durability and high performance. Its characteristics allow the device to be used for semi-professional purposes. The design of the model is made in a classic style with the use of modern technologies. The manufacturer took care of the operator’s comforte while working with the device.
Does not start
Over time, the chain saw may intermittently. Possible malfunction. the device starts and stalls or the chainsaw does not start. The reason may be hidden in different nodes:
- The fuel filter needs to be replaced due to contamination;
- Fuel line break and gasoline leak;
- Faulty spark plugs or coil;
- Breakdown of the control button;
- There is a strong air leak in the carburetor;
- Sticking rings;
- Carburetor not adjusted correctly.
If it is necessary to replace parts, it is better to purchase original elements, otherwise this may affect the performance of the device.
How to adjust the carburetor
In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw. It is detailed in the manual and must be performed under the following conditions:
- Clean air filter;
- Warmed up to operating temperature chainsaw.
Steps for adjusting the carburetor on a chainsaw using screws:
- Prepare the tool. a special screwdriver for screws with non-standard slots.
- Remove dirt and dust from the device and its components.
- Turn screws H and L 1.5 turns, loosen screw T.
- Starting and warming up the saw 2-3 minutes.
- Bring the screw L to the maximum idle speed, turn the screw 90 ° counterclockwise.
- Increase idle speed gradually by tightening screw T.
- Adjust the maximum engine speed with screw H. Optimally use an electronic tachometer for this.
Adjusting the carburetor of a Husqvarna chainsaw with your own hands went correctly if the unit started without problems. It may be necessary to additionally adjust the carburetor on your Husqvarna chainsaw if you use a different fuel mixture or change the tool’s summer mode to winter.
Disassembly and assembly
To eliminate breakdowns, you will need to disassemble the tool. It is important to remember the location of the parts for reassembly. This will help the chainsaw diagram, in which all the nodes and elements are indicated. The instrument is disassembled:
- When checking spark plugs;
- When replacing shock absorbers;
- When repairing a starter;
- When replacing the carburetor.
Before embarking on a complex repair of the piston group yourself, make sure that you are up to the task. To do this, you will have to purchase precise instruments. an inside meter and a micrometer.
The manufacturer does not save on material and mechanisms for electrical equipment. The chainsaw will become a reliable assistant on the personal plot, for wood harvesting and processing, for felling trunks up to 30 cm in diameter and in the construction of small private facilities. The device has the following features:
- Scope of use: harvesting firewood, shaping tree crowns, cutting timber for private construction.
- Short and comfortable tires allow you to work in hard-to-reach places for professional saws.
- No special skills are required from the employee. After studying the instructions, you can start sawing.
Husqvarna chainsaw design features:
- Economical oil and fuel consumption due to stable traction characteristics of the unit.
- Convenient configuration of controls and switching, comfortable work with the tool. Uniform distribution of the weight of the device between the main components of the structure.
- Easy starting is provided by a recoil starter, a booster pump and electronic ignition. The device operates in extreme temperatures.
- Effective local vibration damping system.
- Availability of settings for components and assemblies.
- Possibility to use an alternative working headset.
- Forged steel crankshaft. The cylinder liner has a wear-resistant chrome finish.
- 2 compression rings in the piston group, increasing the working life up to 5 years.
- Simplified air filter access.
- Reliable Japanese carburetor and durable ignition system.
- Undemanding saw to gasoline quality.
Technical characteristics of the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw:
- Weight. 4.6 kg;
- Power. 1.9 kW;
- Two-stroke engine with a volume of 40.2 cm³;
- The chain for the chainsaw has a pitch of 0.325 ″;
- Fuel tank volume. 0.41 l;
- Lubrication system with oil tank 0.2 l.
The model is distinguished by a dense layout, convenient access to filling tanks and control units. For tough jobs, the ergonomic shape of the handles provides a secure grip.
The controls are presented to a minimum. These are the on / off switch, choke position lever and combined throttle control lever with stop. Simplicity and minimalism in management. a guarantee of fewer malfunctions.
The heart of any chainsaw is the carburetor, which is responsible for most tool breakdowns.
Do-it-yourself repair of this unit consists of disassembly and cleaning. If the breakdown is serious, then contact the service center for help.
Most often, tool malfunctions are associated with the use of low quality gasoline or oil. To protect the carburetor from damage, you must follow some preventive measures:
- Start the chainsaw strictly according to the instructions.
- It is not recommended to store gasoline in a plastic container. This will help to avoid heavy carbon deposits.
- The fuel mixture cannot be stored for a long time, as it loses its quality over time.
Fuel supply system
If the fuel does not flow into the tank of the chainsaw, then this may be for two reasons:
- Clogged filter.
- Lid clogged.
In this case, the fuel is not supplied in full, and the tool will not start, or it will start and immediately stall. The repair consists in cleaning the air filter and cover.
The filter must be removed very carefully so that the dirt that clogs it does not get into the carburetor. It can be cleaned and washed with ordinary detergents.
Do-it-yourself repair of the "Husqvarna 240" chainsaw, and of any other model, should begin with troubleshooting the ignition system.
First of all, experts recommend getting and inspecting the candle. The state of this element will indicate deficiencies in the operation of the fuel system.
- If the spark plug is completely dry, then the fuel mixture does not enter the cylinder. In this case, the spark plug is screwed into place and the fuel system is repaired.
- If the spark plug is heavily flooded with a fuel mixture, then the rules for starting the unit may be violated, or the carburetor may be poorly adjusted. Shut off the fuel supply and start the starter. This is done in order to remove excess fuel. The candle must first be cleaned with a sharp object, then washed with detergents, dried with a hairdryer and reinstalled. After that, the tool is launched and its work is checked.
- If there are no fuel residues on the spark plug, then it must be cleaned, washed and checked for a spark. Its absence may indicate a violation of the gap between the flywheel and its magnetic circuit or a breakdown of the ignition module.
A malfunction in the ignition system may be due to the use of poor oil or an incorrect ratio of gasoline to oil.
Do-it-yourself Stihl chainsaw repair
This brand is very popular among both individuals and professionals. This easy-to-use and reliable tool can last a long time without repair. There are situations when the Stihl chainsaw does not start or stalls right after the factory. What to do in these cases, you can find out by looking at the instructions.
Chainsaws "Husqvarna". major faults
The Swedish manufacturer’s tool can turn hard work into a simple task. Chainsaw models Husqvarna 137, Husqvarna 240 and Husqvarna 365 are distinguished by three features:
- High engine power;
- Improved engine filtration system;
- Ability to absorb unnecessary vibrations.
If the tool is operated strictly according to the instructions and its malfunctions are eliminated in a timely manner, then it will delight with reliable and stable operation. Correctly carried out repairs with original spare parts will allow you to use the saw for a long time.
The main reason for a chainsaw breakdown is most often engine failures, which can manifest as follows:
- Do not start;
- Unstable idle;
- Start up and immediately deaf;
- Don’t have enough power.
In this case, the malfunction should be sought in the ignition system, piston group or fuel system. Often the reason for poor tool performance can be associated with the clutch, braking system, lubrication mechanisms, tire.
DIY repair of "Husqvarna" and "Stihl" chainsaws:
Chainsaws, simple in design and reliable in operation, are very popular among owners of private houses and summer residents. When handled correctly, this tool will last a long time and rarely break. over, eliminating the cause of the chainsaw malfunction will not be difficult with your own hands, especially if you know where to look for the cause.