In Which Direction The Disc Is Unscrewed On The Angle Grinder
The direction of rotation of the disc is an angle grinder. Which way should the disc rotate the angle grinder?
The disk on the left and, accordingly, the rotation towards itself is a consequence of the fact that during work instinctively put the right hand forward, holding the gear knob with it. The same is true when working with a shovel. The one who holds the shovel is how the angle grinder works. Although with an effort of will, you can force yourself to change your hand. T.K. I work with my left hand forward (disc to the right, rotation away from myself), then, naturally, I think this option is the only correct one: rolleyes :. Pros:
1. Sparks fly away without causing any harm to me or the angle grinder. When they work with sparks on themselves, they are sucked into the engine by the fan and over time all the windings begin to blush with pure uninsulated copper, as if someone rubbed it with sandpaper.
2. When biting, the angle grinder jumps out of the cut straight into my hands. You just have to always remember that you have a car with a power of several horsepower in your hands and hold these animals with a firm hand. According to the working conditions, of course, you have to turn the angle grinder, if you don’t get close to it in another way, but I always return to the usual option.
When working with an angle grinder, I try to avoid deep cuts. It is better to cut the corner in two steps, cut the shelves in turn. I cut the channel in three steps, first the core then the shelves. This prevents accidental pinching of the tool. A cut in thick metal sometimes has to be cut, deliberately widened by cutting in two steps, especially if the cutting zone is inconvenient and unintentional skewing of the disc is possible.
I outline the cutting line in thick metal immediately and cut it by 5-7 mm, cutting the edges of the cut. When cutting, avoid cutting with a package; displacement of the stack is fraught with skewing of the lower layers. Two elements of spatial structures should not be cut when the disc cuts two elements spaced apart from each other at the same time; with a thin disc, the cuts of the comut are not parallel (not coaxial).
The disk rotates around a fixed axis according to the law.
Determine the angular velocity, angular acceleration and rotational speed of the disk at time t = 2 s.
Uneven body rotation set.
Body angular velocity
At time t = 2 s
Glad / s.
Body angular acceleration
At time t = 2 s
Rad / s 2.
As ω 0, ε 0, then the rotation is accelerated.
Disk rotation frequency at t = 2 s
Date of publication: 2015-10-09; Read: 118 | Page copyright infringement
Studopedia.Org Studopedia.Org 2014-2018 (0.001 s)
In other words, how to properly set up an angle grinder so that you can work with it simply, conveniently and safely!
Mansur Fattakhov: On "Interskol" the handle with the switch turns over.
Mansur Fattakhov: I didn’t turn the knob with the button.
TORKA Donetsk: Where the sparks fly.
There and the wreckage of the circle.
Vadim Rostov: It turns out somehow strange, if the power button is under your fingers (which is quite logical), then sparks fly away from you. If the sparks are on itself, then the power button looks up (into the palm) And then how to turn it on? The conclusion is obvious sparks only from yourself!
Let the enemies rot in Navi !: at
Tsar of All Russia: sparks on itself, and when the disk scatters, it will also fly into fucking. Correctly sparks from yourself, and to make it convenient to saw and hold the angle grinder, the handle must be held with the left hand with another grip, and not as the author of the shows
Rostislav Vodovrzov: Safely. When sparks, and with them the flying disc flies into your e @ alo, torso and legs. If you are nauseous and cannot hold a 230 angle grinder in your hands in case of a snack You will take it, ram, for it. You blah, "sparks on yourself" as if the sectarians are three-fingered and earless.
Nikolay Novikov: I must add that when cutting from yourself.
Igor 79: If the head is with brains, it doesn‘t matter where the sparks fly!
Nikolay Yurassow: This is for lefties only
Alexander Kruglov.: From the factory, everything was correct and the safety fence and the power button on the handle. At the beginning of the second minute, everything was turned inside out. Now you have to twist your hands as well.
Murat Balaev: why did they hang two Serbs, right above the work table, what do you use with them every day and why you need to install a cutting wheel in an angle grinder, drawing from yourself?
Provincial: sparks only along the body of the angle grinder AND THIS IS NOT DISCUSSED
Natalya Yurievna: The "angle grinder" worked for 30 years, in the nineties DAILY, later much less often, THIS WAY I CHOSE AND I. I tried both methods, there was no Internet yet, so I began to research the WAY. With small bites on the disc, it is more difficult to hold the instrument, and if BITS WELL?
Safety when working with an angle grinder
Safety when working with an angle grinder is extremely important when working with this tool. Of course, any tool requires careful attention, be it a jigsaw, hammer drill or screwdriver.
However, the angle grinder, or, as it is scientifically called, the angle grinder (angle grinder), requires this attitude doubly. Why ?
The angle grinder is the most traumatic power tool. The disc mounted on the spindle rotates at a speed of up to 13 thousand revolutions per minute. Circular blade protection, like, for example, a circular saw, does not have a cut-off machine. If the disc is skewed, the tool can be pulled out of the hand, and the bounce path is impossible to predict. The circle can break into fragments that scatter at speeds up to 360 km / h. Long distances. All these factors make the angle grinder perhaps the most dangerous handheld power tool.
Why ripping discs and how to avoid it? Sometimes, as mentioned above, the abrasive disc breaks into pieces during operation. As a rule, this happens so quickly that the worker notices the gap only after it has already occurred. over, the disc can rip off the spindle entirely (the middle breaks out), and it, like a flying saucer, rushes up !
Why this happens and how to avoid ruptured discs on angle grinders ?
1. A skewed disc in the cut is one of the most common causes of disc bursting. Most often, the worker himself inadvertently skews the tool, or clamps the disc in the metal (this can happen if you cut in the direction opposite to the direction of rotation, and also if you perform a squeeze cut instead of breaking).
2. Unjustifiably long-term operation. In fact, discs for an angle grinder do not cost much, but some, in order to save a penny, work with them until there is practically one spindle left. In such cases, discs break too.
3. Improper use. Grinding with cut-off wheels leads to their rapid thinning, as a result of which the bond strength is lost and the wheel is torn apart. Below you can see such a thinned circle:
4. Factory or acquired defect chip, crack or break. In the process of work, the circles experience serious overloads, and in addition they noticeably heat up. Chips and cracks slowly creep to the sides and carry the disc. Therefore, it is strictly prohibited to work with such products.
Is it worth cutting an angle grinder wood ?
Some craftsmen use 22mm. Circular saw blades, adapter flanges, so that it is possible to put such a disk on the spindle of an angle grinder, and then they begin to saw various pieces of wood.
So, if in the process of sawing at least a small knot or other non-uniform area accidentally comes across, the tool can be pulled out of the hands, and it will fly to no one knows where. For example, in you. By the way, the disk does not stop rotating at a speed of 6-13 thousand revolutions per minute. Or the engine may still burn out, especially with a cheap angle grinder.
Dangers when sawing openings and grooving
When making cuts in concrete walls, reinforcement can get into the area of such a cut. If the blade is diamond, the angle grinder may break out of your hands. If the disc is abrasive, then it can break, and reinforcement particles can, while heating up to 500 C, fly out of the cut zone directly at you at great speeds.
Before driving in concrete, it is recommended to check the cutting area with a metal detector, if any. Also, unknown hidden wiring with current-carrying wires, as well as smeared junction boxes and old grooves, carry great dangers. Such things should also be excluded by ringing the walls with a non-contact probe or an electromagnetic radiation detector.
Dangers from improper use of discs
If you cut tiles or granite ceramics with a disc for metal work, then part of the material will curl with shavings, which can fly in any direction at high speed. By the way, the temperature of such chips can reach 600 C or even more (literally white heat).
A similar situation will happen if you cut tiles at 11 thousand rpm (for cutting tiles you need no more than 3 thousand rpm). Sawing iron with a diamond blade on concrete can cause the angle grinder to tear out of your hands. Cutting aluminum with a disc over steel will damage this disc, and possibly damage the workpiece with the scattering of large torn chips. Etc.
Comprehensive security measures
1. Change circles and make any adjustments only with the plug disconnected. Until the plug is unplugged, nothing like this can be done !
It is strongly recommended not to use the switch lock so control over the rotation of the disc and in general over the instrument is better.
Never operate the angle grinder with greasy or slippery handles. They should be thoroughly cleaned of such contaminants 100% before work.
2. Sparks from the angle grinder are hot and may cause a fire. Therefore, there should be no flammable materials in the cutting area. The fact is that some construction gurus claim that they (sparks) are supposedly cold.
How to cut an angle grinder correctly, by yourself or by yourself?
Cutting angle grinder of concrete, tiles, stone. Cutting concrete, tile or stone must be done with special circles created for these materials. When cutting these materials, a lot of dust is generated, which is harmful to health. For wall chasers, a more closed protective cover with a branch pipe for connecting a vacuum cleaner is made to remove dust.
If it is impossible to organize dust extraction, you need to use a respirator with a P2 class filter. You can suppress dust with a jet of water directed at the cut, use room ventilation.
It is necessary to be especially careful when making wall cuts, in which there are different pipelines, electronic cables and fittings. When a disc hits there, a reverse shock sometimes occurs. Damage to a circle of electronic wires can cause a short circuit, an accidental cut of the gas pipeline leads to an explosion. Before working in unfamiliar places, you need to study them for the presence of communications.
Turnaround blow. The main danger during operation of the angle grinder is reverse impact. Abrupt and unexpected kickback of the tool and therefore jamming of the rotating wheel in the workpiece. With all this, the circle is often destroyed.
According to the laws of physics, the reactive movement of the tool occurs in the direction opposite to the rotation of the disk. Backstroke is usually the result of operator error. To warn him or avoid the languid consequences when, if he nevertheless happened, certain precautions will help:
- Hold the tool firmly with 2 hands. For this purpose, standard handles are used.
- The body must be in a stable position. This will help withstand the force of the backstroke.
- It is necessary to be away from the correct selection of the studio where the instrument will move with a reverse impact. If the cut-off wheel is pushed "away from you", if the backstroke is passed, the power tool may bounce directly onto the operator.
- When handling corners and sharp edges, extraordinary care must be taken to prepare for the eventual discard of the tool. Quite often, a reverse blow occurs at the end of the cut, when the last jumper connecting the individual parts of the workpiece is cut. In this case, in order to avoid a reverse blow, it is recommended, without bringing the cut to the end, to remove the circle and carefully cut the jumper, and in addition.
- If it gets stuck, turn off the tool and remove it from the cut.
In which direction is the correct rotation of the disc of the angle grinder and the correct installation of the guard
Anti-dust respirator, as it is also called, the mask is used in this case if stone materials are processed without the use of dust extraction devices.
Men’s clothing is not wide and well tucked in. Loose parts are usually tightened in a rotating circle.
It is unacceptable to fit larger discs on an angle grinder than those for which it was designed. Small-sized angle grinders have higher rotational speeds than huge machines. Circles of huge diameters (both new and used and reduced in diameter) are variations that cannot withstand high speeds and collapse. This is all the more unsafe because to install a huge circle you have to remove the protective cover. over, the very high load from the rotation of the huge circle causes increased bearing wear and reduces tool life.
You can also not use warped circles: with cracks, chips and potholes that differ from roundness or flatness. This leads to a reverse impact and the final destruction of the circle with the creation of a traumatic situation.
One of the most important safety requirements when working with an angle grinder. Inadmissibility of using saw wheels for wood in an angle grinder. Due to its own extreme threat, this will be completely ruled out. The history of the operation of grinders is full of catastrophic facts resulting from the installation of saw blades for wood there.
How to install correctly?
Installing a disk on an UMSH is not that difficult. You can change it simply by following the instructions, although there are some nuances here.
First of all, you must install the disc in the correct direction. This is especially important if it is detachable. Typically, the side of the disc with the label on which the marking is indicated and, accordingly, the scope of its application, is slightly different from the opposite side. It may not appear immediately, but with prolonged intensive work, the difference will not only be noticeable, it will be obvious.
A wide pressure washer is placed on the side on which the label is glued, and the movable nut acts on it when tightening (installing the disc). The nut slides on the polished surface of the washer, without it it will become more difficult to tighten or unscrew, since the abrasive will firmly hold the nut and more effort will be required. This is especially important if a quick disc replacement is required or if it breaks down (jamming).
With circular saws or other products that have teeth or a significant difference in two sides, there is usually no problem how to set. For example, a grinding disc cannot be fixed on the contrary: it will simply be impossible for them to work.
Stone discs, including diamond ones, have a special rotation indicator in the form of an arrow: when installing them, you need to fasten them taking into account where the rod will rotate.
It is also important to consider the size of the disk when installing. In no case should safety be neglected and it is better to remove the protective cover to select a disc of the appropriate diameter. Sometimes a worn-out disc from a large unit is placed on an angle grinder of smaller dimensions. However, a worn out disc, as a rule, cuts worse, the working surface is limited to about half the radius of the disc, the structure is slightly different. The disc burns faster and produces less work. This operation can be justified if the stem diameter is the same. But you won’t be able to change it back.
No debris should get under the disk when installing. Of course, the clamping nut may well squeeze small objects, something will press into the surface of the circle. But an imperceptible skew will cause a displacement of the plane of rotation and, as a result, a strong vibration of the entire mechanism, it can cause the destruction of the disc and, of course, you should not hope for an accurate cut in this case.
The clamping nut must be unscrewed with the wrench supplied with the tool. To prevent the stem from spinning, it must be locked by pressing a special button. It is necessary to unscrew the nut while holding the button down.
After twisting the nut, the disc is put on the released stem, face out, and you need to make sure that it is installed exactly in the seat.
The kit for a new angle grinder always includes a certain number of cardboard shims when installing the disc, they must be laid so that they are between the disc and the pressure elements. These pads will help unscrew a broken or jammed disc.
Further, the nut is manually tightened to the stop and tightened with a special wrench. That’s it, the angle grinder is ready to go.
How to remove it?
Discs, especially those designed for cutting, burn out quickly and must be replaced.
It would be useful to remind once again about the need to disconnect the angle grinder from the network. Work to be done with fast rotating parts and better protect yourself.
If you need to replace a worn disk, you need to perform a number of simple operations.
- The disc is secured to the stem stem with a threaded nut. In the set of any angle grinder there is a special key, on the arms of which pins are fixed, which cling to the holes of the flange.
- The spindle is fixed with a special button, the cotter pin of which, when pressed, enters the hole of the gearbox, thus fixing it. Having pressed the button with your right hand, at the same time with your left hand you need to unscrew the fastening nut with a wrench. If the nut has moved out of place, unscrew it by hand. That’s it, now the disc can be removed.
- There are times when for some reason the key was not at hand. What to do? The easiest way out is to stop working. But, as they say, this is not our method. It is also possible to unscrew the clamping nut of the angle grinder without a key. Often a pipe (gas) wrench is used for this. On such a key there is a device that spreads it. It is necessary to tighten the nut and, fixing the gearbox of the angle grinder with a button, move it from its place. Then it can be unscrewed by hand.
- The nut has holes for fixing it with pins on the horns of the key, you can unscrew it by tapping with a hammer on a chisel or a bar that is pressed into the hole.
- It is sometimes possible to push the nut off by simply tapping its edge with a hammer in the direction of twisting. However, in this case, damage to the flange may occur, especially the holes for the pins of the key; in the future, it may be impossible to apply the key to such a nut.
- A very good result is obtained when using a nail to make a key. It is better to choose a large nail, from 100 mm. Using a hammer and pliers, the nail is U-shaped. A hacksaw or chisel is used to cut off the tip and head of the nail. With such an improvised key, you can try to knock off the nut. You can bend the ends of such a key, then it will turn into a kind of open-end key, but this will require a lot of labor. You can also insert a gate, such as a hammer or other nail, into the arc formed by a bent nail.
How to change a disk if it is jammed?
What to do if the angle grinder wheel is stuck? This can happen, for example, when, as a result of work, pieces of the workpiece being cut sharply clamp the rotating disc. Often this leads to its destruction.
It can be very difficult to unscrew the nut tightened as a result of rotation, if the circle is bitten.
- One of these methods would be to use two gas keys at once. In this case, the remains of the disc must be broken with pliers. Use one key to clamp the part of the stem located under the disc, and unscrew the flange with the other.
- Sometimes, in order to gain access of the gas wrench to the rod of the angle grinder, you have to disassemble the gearbox.
- From the problem of a jammed nut, a simple device is saved by cardboard or tin washers. They are often sold with an angle grinder. But over time, they can be lost or become completely unusable. Making homemade washers is not at all difficult. However, it is best not to neglect them.
How to properly place a disc on an angle grinder?
- How to install correctly?
- How to remove it?
- How to change a disk if it is jammed?
Angle grinder disc (angle grinder) is one of its main working parts. It is the disc that determines the application of the instrument. With it, this machine can be used to cut, grind or polish various materials. Discs, depending on the purpose, differ from each other: from abrasive grit for metal, steel milling cutters and circular saws for wood processing, with diamond dusting for stone and tiles, all kinds of brushes, brushes and emery wheels for polishing various surfaces.
An angle grinder disc is a consumable; you cannot save on it during operation. The disc will gradually wear out (burn out) and need to be replaced. When planning work, you need to be prepared for this and it is better to stock up on several removable disks in advance.
If you had to use a gas wrench, you must remember about the very powerful shoulder of such a wrench and about the force that is applied to the parts of the angle grinder. If you do not act carefully, the spindle lock could be ripped off or the gearbox could be damaged.
All manipulations with the angle grinder disc must be performed with the power supply completely disconnected (the plug must be removed from the socket). Any inadvertent pressing of the start button will cause the electric motor to turn on, and the rod rotation speed is very high. In this case, injuries cannot be avoided.
Working with an angle grinder involves a lot of waste in the form of metal or wood shavings and dust. Before starting work, you must wear special safety glasses: they will protect your eyes from fragments of the cutting wheel itself in case of jamming and destruction.
Glasses are needed not only as a safety element. If the eyes are protected, more attention can be paid directly to the operation of the angle grinder, to ensure the correct cut or select the correct operating mode. This will allow the most efficient use of consumables (cutting wheels), minimizes the occurrence of abnormal situations with a biting disc or its destruction.
A protective mask that completely covers the face will perfectly replace glasses, this is especially true for a master with impaired vision, who wears diopter glasses, on which safety glasses cannot be worn.
The disc on the angle grinder can be installed both from itself and to itself, depending on the direction of rotation and, accordingly, the flow of chips. In work, this does not make a fundamental difference. However, an angle grinder with a circle on itself when biting the disc tends to jump out of the cut forward, and not on the person using it. This is especially important when working with powerful tools, but even a small angle grinder can be a serious hazard.
A specially mounted extension cord with a plug socket, preferably without grounding, will help to quickly stop the operation of a machine that has escaped from the hands.
An angle grinder is a rough tool and it is not worth striving to obtain an ideal surface as a result of its work, the main thing is to make a rough cut, which later, if necessary, can be processed in other ways.
To work without clamps and jamming, it is better not to cut long metal workpieces to the end, leaving 12 mm of metal in the cut: it will be easy to break them off afterwards, this will practically not affect the quality of the workpiece.
It is better to place small workpieces in a vice or press them with a clamp to a workbench or other reliable horizontal surface. The quality of the cut and safety depend on the density of pressing.
How to properly place the disc on an angle grinder can be found in the following.