Lawn Mower Oil Change Syringe
Solo by AL-KO 4757 VS petrol lawn mower
- Vendor code: 127393
- Manufacturer: AL-KO
- Country of origin: Austria
- Model: 4757 VS
- Guarantee: 2 3 years
Solo by AL-KO 4757 VS petrol lawn mower
- Vendor code: 127393
- Manufacturer: AL-KO
- Country of origin: Austria
- Model: 4757 VS
- Guarantee: 2 3 years
Best Price Guaranteed
Own service center
Solo by AL-KO 4757 VS petrol lawn mower intended for the maintenance of medium-sized areas. Depending on the task at hand, the operator can choose from four modes of operation: mowing with rear ejection, harvesting with a grass catcher, mulching or side discharge. A variator drive with smooth wheel speed control is responsible for moving the device. The special vibration-absorbing pad reduces fatigue during prolonged work.
Solo by AL-KO 4757 VS petrol lawn mower Equipped with a robust, powder-coated steel housing that resists corrosion and scratches. The control handle is adjustable. The front handle integrated into the body is designed for easy transportation. The cutting height is adjusted centrally. The impressive grass catcher is made of dense textile material, which allows it to be folded compactly for easy storage. In addition, the grass catcher is equipped with a special air duct that allows optimal filling of the container. The device copes well even with wet or dry grass. Thanks to its unique design, the machine cuts edges perfectly.
- Rubberized handle
- Economical oil consumption
- Corrosion protection
Benefits of the BriggsStratton engine (Briggs Stratton) 675 EXi SERIES ™.
- Easy starting: with READYSTART® technology, starting is carried out using the starter rope without unnecessary movements. Launch guarantee in no more than two attempts.
- Reliability: automatic speed control provides the necessary engine power when the load increases (thick or damp grass).
- Easy maintenance: no oil change required, just check and top up if necessary, high oil filler neck, tool-free air filter change
- Comfort: Super Lo-Tone ™ muffler reduces engine noise with minimal power loss.
How is the oil change in the lawn mower carried out?
- Preparation and setup
- Tools and materials
- Removing old oil
- Filling the tank
Lawn maintenance starts with a well-maintained lawn mower, which means that there are certain tasks that must be performed constantly to keep the machine in top working condition. One of the most important aspects of owning a lawn mower is knowing how to change the oil.
Preparation and setup
The location of the mower is important when preparing this machine for an oil change. Due to the potential for leaks, it is best not to do this on grass or near flower beds, as oil droplets can adversely affect plant life. Choose a hard, flat surface such as a driveway or sidewalk, and be sure to use plastic wrap to keep oil droplets and stains on this protective film.
A good rule of thumb is to run the mower for one or two minutes before changing the lubricant to warm up the engine a little. After that, you will have much less problems retrieving the old grease. It is also useful to take precautions when working with the mower after turning it on, as there is an increased likelihood of burns on the engine, for example. Working gloves are recommended to reduce the risk of injury.
Finally, you can disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug itself and move it away to avoid accidentally starting the engine. And also you need to make sure that the pump (pump) is turned off. The last step in your preparation should also include cleaning the area around the oil fill hole., to prevent foreign particles or dirt from entering the oil reservoir.
Tools and materials
You may need tool kit:
- Oil collecting container;
- Clean, dry rags, napkins or towels;
- Socket wrench with a corresponding socket;
- Empty plastic containers (household with lids);
- Machine oil;
- Set of wrenches;
- Pumping syringe;
Removing old oil
Recovering old grease is one of the most important steps in the process. There are three methods you can use to make sure you remove a lot of old oil.
- Use a siphon. Insert one end of the tube into the dipstick hole to measure the oil level until it reaches the bottom of the oil reservoir. Place the other end of the siphon in a structurally strong container that you will specifically use for this and future grease change. Finally, place blocks of wood or other sturdy material under the wheels of the mower on the opposite side of the pouring hole. In a tilted lawnmower, it is easier to remove almost all of the oil.
- Remove the oil plug. Depending on the type of petrol mower, you can remove the oil plug to drain the old grease. Refer to your user manual for the location of your drain plug and make sure you have the correct size socket wrench for the job. Install a wrench on the plug and remove it. When the oil is completely drained, the plug can be replaced.
- Use a special tool such as a syringe to pump and fill the oil tank. This is very convenient when the opening of the tank is too narrow, and at the same time it is inconvenient or impossible to pour new oil from the bottle. The syringe can easily pass through the hole to pump out the old used oil.
- Tilt method. If you do not have access to the oil tank, you can drain it by tilting the mower to one side. When tilting the mower, place the filler cap on the container you are using to collect used oil. Once correctly positioned, remove the filler cap and allow the oil to drain completely. Using this method, you must know exactly what the fuel level is in the mower. It is also important to note here where the air filter is located to avoid contaminating it with drain oil.
Filling the tank
Now that the old oil has been removed, it’s time to fill the reservoir with fresh grease. Refer to your lawnmower manual again to find out which type of oil is right for your machine and how much oil you need to fill.
Fill the oil tank. Let the oil sit for at least two minutes and then check the level with the dipstick to make sure it is filled correctly.
After the oil reservoir is filled to the proper level, you will need to reattach the spark plug wire. Do not start the mower immediately, let the machine stand for a few minutes before starting work.
See below for how to change the oil in a 4-stroke lawnmower.
What are oil syringes for?
If the motorist decides to change the oil inside the transmission or engine, then he needs a convenient and high-quality device for pumping out the old composition, pumping it, and most importantly for pouring oil into the unit. Usually motorists call such devices a syringe for filling oil.
Since various parts and assemblies of a car are often located in hard-to-reach places, a special device is required when changing lubricants of various kinds. In order not to spill an expensive lubricant on parts that do not need it, it is important for every driver to purchase such a tool. Of course, the easiest way is to fill in oil fluids using a canister and a funnel, but if the filler hole is among the wires or inside the car’s structure, then this cannot be done with their help. In such a situation, experienced motorists use a special oil filler.
The greatest need for an oil filler arises when changing the oil fluid in the drive axle or transmission. But it can be useful in other cases, for example, when processing hard-to-reach threads with lubricant. In any case, this device is a very necessary item in the garage of any motorist.
Which syringe for changing the oil in the gearbox should be purchased
A special syringe for filling oil into the gearbox is required in many cases, but in order to understand the principle of its operation, one should understand the design of the device.
Essentially, the design of the filler syringe is a piston mechanism similar to that found in medical plastic syringes. Thanks to her, the principle of operation allows you to perform a wide variety of types of work:
- Pumping oil from a canister or other reservoir;
- Treatment of parts prone to erosion with lubricant;
- Filling with oil inside the gearbox, engine, axle, hydraulics;
- Injection of pressure inside, any part of the machine.
Filling syringes differ in type of structure, type of material, brand and purpose. Also, devices of this type are divided according to the volume and method of squeezing out the liquid from the device.
In total, there are several classifications of oil filling syringes:
- Plunger is an excellent device for pumping lubricants of various densities and viscosities, equipped with a suction element and a piston.;
- Electric runs on a battery, allows you to pump oil under high pressure without any effort;
- Convenient screw gun for lubricating parts, including small joints and threads;
- Pneumatic has a special automatic drive in the design, the grease is squeezed out by pressing a button;
- The mechanical is the simplest type of device, in order to fill the lubricant with it, you need to dial it inside and simply squeeze it inside the unit by pressing the handle.
All classes of syringes have their own advantages and disadvantages. The main difference between each classification is in its price category, but they are also divided according to the type of purpose. For example, if your gear shifting becomes worse, then you need to change the oil in the gearbox, in which case a device for gear oils is suitable. And for example, for processing parts with grease, only syringes special for thick lubricants are suitable.
How to choose a good syringe
Please note that plastic and plastic syringes for filling oil are not even worth considering their sealing is poor, and wear and tear occurs very quickly. It is best to purchase aluminum devices. Also, before purchasing, check the quality of not only tightness, but also all components, and most importantly the piston stroke.
How to choose a syringe for pumping oil
The filler syringes themselves are produced by different manufacturers, the devices may differ in their appearance, materials of manufacture, and intended purpose. As a rule, they are also divided by the volume and method of squeezing out the liquid.
Some of the most common oil filling syringes are:
- Plunger (for pumping lubricant with different density and viscosity). The syringe is mechanical, has a suction element and a piston;
- Electric, which is powered by a battery and allows you to quickly pump oil fluid under high pressure;
- A screw syringe is necessary for lubricating parts, small joints, threaded joints, etc.;
- Pneumatic has a special automatic drive in its design. In such a device, the lubricant is squeezed out after pressing a separate button;
Note that a mechanical syringe is the simplest and most affordable. To collect grease, simply draw the material inward by pulling the handle. For filling, the handle is pressed again, allowing the accumulated grease to be pushed out of the syringe.
You also need to take into account that syringes differ in their intended purpose. In fact, certain devices work with fluids of different viscosities (oil, grease, etc.) It turns out that one type is suitable for changing the oil in a gearbox or internal combustion engine, while in the case of using thick lubricants, another is needed.
If you are not sure, it is better to get expert advice, which will allow you to determine the intended purpose of a particular product. You can also choose the best option, taking into account specific tasks.
We also add that experts consider plastic syringes for filling oil to be disposable, that is, it is not recommended to purchase them for long-term use. Such solutions have a low level of sealing, are not able to create the necessary pressure, and they also quickly wear out and crack.
If the plunger in the syringe moves with obvious difficulties, it is better to refuse to buy such an option right away. To check the syringe for leaks, you can ask to pour water into the device.
How is the gearbox oil syringe used
As you can see, the oil filling syringe facilitates the process of pumping out and subsequent refueling of the serviced unit, and without it, in some cases it is impossible to get to hard-to-reach places. Often, an urgent need for a filler appears when it is necessary to replace the grease in the drive axles and gearbox.
The device allows you to perform the following operations:
- Pumping oily liquids from the canister;
- Processing of parts with lubricant;
- Filling oil inside the gearbox, axle, engine, hydraulics, etc.;
- Pressure build-up inside components and assemblies;
Gearbox oil filling syringe: features and choices
As you know, during the operation of various vehicles, replacement requires not only engine oil, but also transmission oil. Although it is necessary to change the oil in the automatic gearbox and the mechanic a little less often than in the engine, this procedure is still necessary every 60 thousand km. Run on manual transmission and 30-40 thousand km on automatic transmission (depending on the type of automatic transmission).
To accomplish such a task, a minimum of equipment and tools is required. The only problem often arises at the stage of filling fresh oil into the unit. Next, we will consider what a syringe for gearbox oil is needed for, what types of these syringes exist, and what to look for when choosing a syringe for pumping oil into the gearbox.
Syringe for filling oil in automatic transmission and manual transmission: purpose and features
So, when choosing, you need to take into account that the range of such syringes is quite wide, there are both special professional devices for filling technical liquids, and analogues. In the first case, the price will be quite high, and in the second there are risks of purchasing a low-quality solution. Let’s figure it out.
- Oil syringes are needed to change the oil in the transmission or engine. As part of such a procedure, you need a device that will allow you to pump out the mining with maximum convenience, then pump it into a drain tank, and then also fill the unit with fresh oil.
This solution is usually referred to as an oil filler. Taking into account the fact that the units and assemblies requiring maintenance are often located in hard-to-reach places, a special device is needed when changing the lubricant.
Also, if the filler hole is located in hard-to-reach places, it also happens that it is simply impossible to service the unit without a syringe. Anyway, it is recommended to purchase this tool for every car enthusiast who prefers to service his car on his own.
Let’s sum up
As you can see, a syringe for pumping gearbox oil and servicing other units and assemblies is a useful device that every car owner who prefers to service a car with his own hands should have in his arsenal.