Miter Saw For Wood Which Is Better
Cutting metal with a miter saw
The miter saw is convenient, easy and fast to operate.
How to make an electric miter saw with your own hands
You can make a miter saw in a number of ways. Consider options with an angle grinder and a manual circular.
- Raise the saw unit. Remove the side stand.
- In some saws, it does not have a right angle to the bed. The stop touches the base at two points. The bases of these points must be vertical to the surface. If there is no right angle due to uneven paint coat or burr, sand the base surfaces. Cut off the flare first, if any.
The vertical angle between the stop surface and the base
Chamfer for accumulating chips
Place the stop in place. The fixing holes of the stop are oblong for adjustment. When installed, it can be moved back and forth and rotated.
Mounting holes are oblong for adjustment
: circular miter saw
Main selection criteria
- Power. Affects performance and speed of work. With its increase, the weight and cost of the tool grows. Household trimmers consume less energy than professional ones;
- Disk size. The depth and speed of the cut depends on it. Also find out if there are removable disks for the selected instrument model on the free sale;
- Cutting parameters. Angle, width and depth. The saw should cut the workpieces at the angle required for your purposes, preferably in both directions. The manufacturer also indicates the maximum depth of cut when working at an angle of 45 and 90 degrees to the surface. The function of limiting the cutting depth is important. It is used when grooving and processing blanks by thickness;
The presence of a horizontal broach. Allows you to increase the kerf width by moving the cutting part in the horizontal plane. A wide enough workpiece can be cut in one pass.
Sliding miter saw
Swivel system with clamp
Security systems. The miter saw must contain components that ensure safe use:
- a system that automatically closes the working disk with a protective cover when lowering onto the workpiece;
Setting other angles
Adjusting other corners with plywood
Wood trimming with a broach 255mm Yato YT-82173. Miter saw 254mm with JET JSMS-10L broach. Wood trimmer 305mm with Holzmann KAP 305ECO broach
Multi-feed miter saw, which one to choose. Service Center Tips.
How can you make a diagonal cut of a bar or board?
If speed is important, and not strict compliance with size, and the work is one-time, and not massive, then with a circular saw. If the main thing is the accuracy of the parameters and their repeatability on several workpieces, then no device can be compared with facing. The very name of the tool suggests that lumber is processed not along the length, but across the fibers. If, picking up a circular saw, the master can dissolve a board of any length, then the design of the angle cutter will not allow him to take a size larger than that laid down by the design, several tens of centimeters. The advantage of a miter saw for wood is the ability to get a clear end of a bar or board at a right or any given angle and a high speed of production of identical blanks.