Oil Change In The Tiller Gearbox
The reducer is a special device included in the design of any tiller. It is this part that is responsible for the transformation and transmission of torque, which is formed from mechanical transmissions. In fact, the gearbox drives the tiller, making it work.
Here are its qualities, as well as the correct lubrication of its components, the operational life of the entire tiller will depend, as well as its normal functioning.
For more information about the reducer, see:
Depending on the model of the tiller, be it a Cayman, Patriot Ural, Patriot, Texas Superintendent or any other, the gearboxes may differ in some design features. Conventionally, gearboxes can be divided into several types:
- Angle reducers. Such units are quite effective, they allow you to dock the engine and transmission.
- Gear reducers. In this case, the gearbox transmission acts as a kind of intermediary between the engine and the wheelbase of the tiller.
- Reducing gears. These units are achieved by increasing the power indicators, reducing the total number of revolutions. Such gearboxes are the most preferable because they have an air cooling system in their design, allowing them to work at maximum loads.
- Reverse gearboxes. The main advantage of such gearboxes is the ability to reverse the tiller. However, the units equipped with this type of gearbox do not show high performance and speeds.
Regardless of which gearbox is used in the tiller design, they all consist of almost the same components:
- Reducer housing;
- Flange and its fastening;
- V-belt pulley (or chain)
- Ball bearing;
- Drain plug;
- Steel washer and nut;
- Input shaft.
These components traditionally form the same gearbox device. How well they will be lubricated will depend on their performance and service life.
Otherwise, with insufficient lubrication, the parts will wear out a lot, because they come into contact with each other during operation, and the resulting friction negatively affects their surface.
What kind of oil is poured
Many people are interested in what kind of oil to fill in the tiller gearbox? To answer this question, you need to take into account several factors, the main of which is the manufacturer’s recommendation of the type of oil.
It is also necessary to be guided by the price, and not buying very cheap liquids, because they are unlikely to be of proper quality.
An indispensable tool in pest control is a garden sprayer. By clicking on the link you can get acquainted with the sprayer gasoline knapsack garden.
MAZ-5337 appeared in the second half of the eighties of the last century. MAZ-5337 is a versatile, powerful and very reliable truck.
In general, oils can be of various types:
- SAE. These types of oils cope very well with sudden changes in temperature, so they can be used all year round.
- The selection process is as follows: you need to look at the number that is in front of the letter W. a lower value will indicate that the oil is very well adapted to low temperatures (the smallest is 0W). If the letter W is not on the label, then this oil is suitable for the summer period.
- API. In this case, the letters in the marking will indicate the type of engine. gasoline or diesel. Accordingly, a certain letter will say that the oil is suitable for gasoline units, and the other for diesel.
- The numbers will speak of the engine variety, i.e. The number 4 means the oil should be used for the 4-stroke engine, etc. The EC value is the degree to which energy is saved, i.e. The higher the value, the better the oil.
- ASEA. The largest number in the labeling will indicate that the oil can function in very difficult conditions.
- GOST 17479, 1-85. These indicators characterize the degree of oil viscosity. As a rule, after this parameter, alphabetic and numeric values are written, and their absence indicates that the oil is universal.
How much to fill?
The second important point is the amount of oil required. Before answering the question. how much oil needs to be poured into the tiller gearbox, for example, Crossser, Viking, Forza, Sadko, Don, Huter, Profi, Plowman, Champion, Carver, you must first check the oil level in the gearbox. To do this, you need to perform certain actions:
- It is necessary to place the tiller on a flat surface so that its wings are strictly parallel to this surface.
- We take a wire or rod about 70 cm long, which will act as an oil dipstick.
- An improvised probe dies in an arc.
- We insert the resulting probe into the filler hole to the very end, i.e. All the way. After that we take it back out.
If the gearbox is dry at all, then at least two liters of transmission oil will be needed.
How to fill oil in a tiller gearbox
Before pouring new oil into the gearbox, the old fluid must be drained. It is in this way that the oil in the gearbox of the Salute tiller, which can be found on the Internet, as well as other tiller models, is changed.
The algorithm of actions in this case will be as follows:
- the tiller must be installed on some hill so that you can easily drain the oil from the gearbox.
- There are two plugs on the gearbox. a drain plug, which is located at the bottom of the gearbox, and a plug that closes the oil filling hole. First we unscrew the filler plug, which is located on top of the tiller body (at the checkpoint).
- We take a sufficiently capacious container (an old bottle of transmission oil is suitable), then Substituting it under the drain plug of the gearbox.
- Carefully unscrew the drain plug, after which the oil will begin to flow into our container. After waiting for the oil to drain completely, we screw the drain plug back. Then we tighten with a spanner wrench of a suitable diameter until it stops.
- We insert the funnel into the filling hole. Then we take a suitable gear oil in order to fill the gearbox.
- Having filled the reducer to the optimal level, we screw the plug back. This plug is equipped with a special dipstick, and its length is about 10 cm. After we have filled in the oil, we need to check its level. To do this, we twist this plug-probe, after which we unscrew it again and check.
- If the oil is at the tips of this dipstick, then refilling is no longer necessary.
As a rule, the oil change procedure should be performed every 100 hours of tiller operation. In SEPARATE cases, this procedure must be performed every 50 hours.
In other words, the frequency of oil change depends on the model of the tiller, therefore all the necessary information is in the accompanying documentation for the tiller.
Oil change in Tilleri: what and how much to fill in the gearbox
The presence of a tiller in a personal household can hardly surprise anyone, because this technical device has been known since Soviet times. Thanks to him, it became possible to quickly and high-quality cultivation of the land, which used to take quite a long time, and also took a lot of effort.
However, in order for your tiller, as they say, to serve you faithfully, regularly plowing the land and performing its other functions, you need to use it correctly.
In principle, all the necessary information, as a rule, is indicated in the operating instructions for a specific tiller model, where the brands and grades of the recommended oils are directly indicated.
However, there are times when a tiller is purchased from the hands, or in another way, but the point is that such tillers are supplied mainly without any instructions.
A person may be at a loss, and not knowing what kind of oil is poured into the tiller gearbox, so it will be useful for him to know about its main types, as well as the methods of pouring into the tiller.
Transmission oils for filling in gasoline and diesel tillers
As for the gearbox, gear oils must be used to fill it. For example, semi-synthetic oil ZIC 10W40, designed for gasoline and diesel tillers, would be a good choice. API indicator. SM / CF, ACEA. A3 / B3, A3 / B4, C3.
The second worthy oil is Super T-3 85W-90 from Gazpromneft. Its technical data will be as follows:
- API indicator. GL-5;
- Viscosity grade. 85W90;
- Temperature indicator of loss of fluidity.280C;
- Flash point. 2170C;
- Packing length. 270 mm;
- Packing width. 130 mm;
- Packaging height. 240 mm.
This gear oil is also available in a 4 liter container.
This is not the whole list of oils that can be poured into the tiller gearbox. In principle, any person who is familiar with the basic parameters of the oil can independently determine what is needed for his tiller.
Periodic oil change in the gearbox is extremely important, not only because it is recommended by the manufacturer, but also for a variety of other reasons. In particular, during the operation of the tiller, foreign metal particles are formed in the oil that is in the gearbox.
They arise from friction and contact between the components of the tiller, which gradually crumble, and all this metal crumb gets into the oil. By the same token, the oil begins to thicken, which leads to unstable operation of the tiller, and in the future, to the failure of the gearbox.
Indeed, it is much more logical to spend an amount within one thousand rubles on the purchase of transmission oil than to spend much more money for expensive repairs or a complete replacement of the gearbox.
Homemade tiller trailers are very popular, which can be made with your own hands.
You may also be interested in the article about the snowmobile dingo t 150.
Changing transmission oil Step 1
The principle of changing transmission oil is practically the same on all scooters with an automatic transmission. If you look at the crankcase next to the rear wheel, you can see the filler cap on top. This is usually a small plastic cover, similar to the dipstick on 4-stroke engines, as shown in the picture above.
Tiller gearbox device
The gearbox is one of the most important components of the tiller. It is absolutely on all models, without it the equipment will not work. The function of the gearbox is the uninterrupted transmission of torque from the engine to the wheels through a V-belt transmission. In addition, it allows the speed and direction of movement of the agricultural unit to change. Simply put, it provides movement and control of equipment.
The gearbox consists of a system of shafts and sprockets connected by a chain. The shafts take rotation and are transmitted by the chain. The input shaft is equipped with a lever and a fork that shift the mechanism. Bolt-on plastic housing protects parts from dirt and dust.
tillers are irreplaceable helpers in the household
All parts are made of metal and require lubrication. With a lack of lubrication, the load on the contacting parts increases sharply, which can lead to their rapid destruction. Timely oil change in the gearbox will ensure their serviceability and smooth operation of the mechanism as a whole.
How to know if there is something wrong with the transmission fluid?
- When the transmission fluid has changed color.
- When you have gear shifting problems.
- When the transmission temperature light on the car dashboard is on.
- When there is a grinding noise from the transmission.
Changing transmission oil Step 2
Below the shroud, almost directly under the filler cap, there is a drain plug, which is similar to the sump plug on a 4-stroke engine and can be removed with a wrench, socket or Allan wrench depending on the scooter model.
What happens if I don’t change the gearbox oil?
Gear oil protects many moving parts and they can be damaged if the oil is not suitable for the job. The fluid in your gearbox can get contaminated with other fluids, and if you even occasionally shift roughly, this can lead to deposits of tiny metal chips in the gear oil, preventing it from performing as efficiently as it should, shortening the life of the entire gearbox and, in the worst case, causes serious damage.
Changing transmission oil Step 4
Remove the drain plug or bolt and let the oil drain for a few minutes while the bike is upright. The gearbox is empty. It is worth noting that some scooter models do not have a drain plug in the position indication, for THESE models you will need to remove the crankcase cover and drain the oil from the gearbox from the side of the transmission cover, usually from one of the lowest mountings. Bolts.
After you have drained the oil, reinstall the drain plug, making sure it is tight, wipe off any oil that may have spilled on the housings to keep it dry and clean so you can check for leaks later.
Changing the oil in the gearbox Step 5
You are now ready to fill in new gear oil. You need to use EP (ultra high pressure) transmission fluid; we usually use EP 80W / 90, which can be purchased in small tubes, which makes it easy to fill the gearbox. On most scooters, the amount of oil required is knocked out on the body around the filler area, for most 50cc models. They only hold about 110-120ml, but please check before filling as it depends on model to model.After adding oil, tighten the filler plug again, we recommend that you start the bike on a stand and let the wheel spin for a few seconds. then turn off the engine and check for leaks around the drain plug.
How common is gearbox oil change?
Most manufacturers recommend changing the transmission oil after 30,000-60,000 miles and regularly thereafter.
If you drive a lot in an urban environment where you often change gears, you EARN a living with your car, so the gearbox gets a lot of benefits, sometimes it is recommended to change the oil in the gearbox as often as possible, like every 15,000 km.
How to find out if you need to add oil:
- Place the chiller level on the ground or on a solid platform so that it is convenient to open the gearbox and fill in lubricant. For this, the gearbox must be in an inclined position.
- Check the lubricant level. To do this, insert a dipstick or any metal rod 65-70 cm long of a suitable diameter into the hole on the gearbox.If the measurement result shows that there is at least 30 cm of fluid in the gearbox, refilling is NOT required.
- If there is not enough liquid, add it to the desired level, checking with a dipstick.
It is advisable to check the oil level before each work shift, as well as inspect the gearbox housing for leaks. After work, measurements are NOT carried out, since some of the liquid ends up on the parts, and the result will be unreliable. This simple operation should not be neglected: lack of lubrication can lead to parts breakage.
Changing the oil in the tiller engine
The first time to change the oil in the tiller engine should be at the end of the running-in process, which usually lasts about 25-30 hours of operation (depending on the model). Subsequent replacements should be made NOT earlier than 2 times a year. in summer and winter. Even if the tiller has been idle, the oil should still be checked and, if necessary, replaced, as it may become waterlogged. It is also recommended to take into account the loads to which the tiller was subjected. If, upon visual assessment of the condition of the oil, you see that it has a very dark color. change should be carried out immediately.
The replacement process itself is simple and does NOT take much time. To do this, you need a container for draining and a funnel with a wide neck. It is necessary to drain the oil while the engine is still NOT cool after operation. The drain hole is usually located either on the left or bottom of the engine. Prepare a container for draining, slightly tilt the tiller with the drain hole towards the container, unscrew the drain plug and oil filling holes. Wait for the water to drain completely. If the manufacturer has NOT provided a drain hole for used oil, the drain is carried out through the same hole as the bay. To do this, you will have to strongly tilt the tiller to one side. This procedure is best carried out together in order to avoid the fall of the unit or oil spill.
Pour oil into the tiller in the same amount as it was drained. After that, be sure to measure its level with a probe. If there is a dipstick, just pour a full crankcase into the plug itself. After changing the oil, it is also recommended to replace the spark plugs.
Some engines are especially sensitive to the type of oil. For example, Tillery with Subaru, Honda, Briggs engines Stratton require SE grade or higher, but no worse than SG grade.
Diesel Tiller Oil
As for the choice of lubricants for the second models of tillers, in this case, you should also follow the instructions for use and the manufacturer’s recommendations. In general, oils for diesel tillers are divided into the following categories:
CA. for tillers subject to low to moderate loads. Significantly reduces the formation of bearing corrosion and deposits on engine parts at high temperatures. Not suitable for high voltage applications;
CB. just like the previous type, this oil is designed for low to medium loads. Compared to CA category even more Reduces the degree of corrosion formation;
CC. for use in medium to heavy duty chillers with air cooled engines. Reduces deposits on parts at high temperatures and Reduces the risk of corrosion on bearings;
CD. for air-cooled diesel engines which are designed to run at higher rpm.
Tiller transmission oil
NOT engine oil, but special gear oil is poured into the gearbox. For different models of tillers, there are correspondingly different recommendations. For example, such types of oils as TAD-17I, TAP-15V are suitable for Neva MB-1 tillers. For tiller Neva MB-2 GOSTs recommend oils TEP-15, TM-5, SAE90 API GI-2, etc. For tillers from Zubr and Centaur, TAP-15 oil is recommended.
Tiller oil: replacement in different systems, correct selection
Changing the oil in the tiller engine
Changing the oil in the tiller gearbox
Tiller transmission oil
Diesel Tiller Oil
Do I need to add oil to gasoline for a tiller?
Is it possible to pour automotive engine oil into the tiller?
The purchase of lubricants for a tiller is a responsible event, since the safety of the most important systems and components of the tiller, its serviceability, operability and service life in general depends on their quality. Usually, all information regarding the brand and type of oil for the tiller is prescribed in the operating instructions. But sometimes, due to loss of documents or after major repairs, you have to select it yourself.
An important factor that affects the service life of your tiller is also the timely and correct oil change in different systems of the unit. We will tell you how to choose the right oil for a tiller and how to change it correctly in this article.
Types of oil for tiller
There are 2 types of chiller motor oils. for 4-stroke and 2-stroke engines. Fill should be exactly the type recommended by the manufacturer (look at the engine manufacturer’s markings or read this information in the operating instructions). Both of THESE species also differ in 2 species in composition. The most common types of oil recommended by manufacturers for use in tillers are synthetic (mineral) and semi-synthetic with a viscosity of 10W40 or 15W40. As for the season of use, synthetic oils are more suitable for the winter time, in which the degree of thickening with a decrease in temperatures is much lower. For the summer period, both types of lubricant are generally suitable.
A more detailed classification of oils by main parameters looks like this:
SAE. A parameter indicating the degree of viscosity of the lubricant. It is designated by an alphanumeric code, where the letter W means the oil can be used at different temperatures. The numbers to the left of this letter are the viscosity at minus temperatures, the case after the dash. at plus temperatures. This criterion characterizes how well the lubricant will move through the system at different temperatures and prevent friction of parts.
API. Classifies oils into 2 types according to their service properties. Category C. for 4-stroke air-cooled diesel engines. Category S. for gasoline engines.
ACEA. Criterion indicating the possibility of energy saving, that is, the degree of how well the oil will protect the parts of the mechanism from wear.
Based on THESE parameters and Considering the API category (gasoline or diesel tiller) The most popular oils are 5w30, 5w40 (from the all-weather class), 10w30, 10w40 (Anti-corrosion), 15w40, 20w40 (for operation at elevated temperatures, namely more than 45 ° C), 0w30, 0w40 (for use in winter).
Do I need to add oil to gasoline for a tiller?
The fuel for the tiller may be clean, or it may be necessary to prepare the fuel mixture. It all depends on the type of engine. For two-stroke engines, the tiller gasoline must be diluted with oil. In this case, the proportions recommended by manufacturers should be strictly observed (this proportion often looks like 1 part oil to 4 parts gasoline). Four-stroke engines do NOT require such a mixture and are fueled with pure gasoline.
It is also important to note that diesel powered chillers do NOT need these mixtures in any way (all diesel engines are 4-stroke). Otherwise, everything may end in serious damage to the unit.
Changing the oil in the tiller gearbox
The gearbox in the tiller is a very busy part. it converts and transmits torque from the gears. Therefore, careful and high-quality lubrication of the gearbox can significantly extend the life and quality of its service.
The gearbox oil should be changed in the following sequence:
the tiller is installed above the viewing pit or on some hill;
First, unscrew the filler plug, which is usually located on the gearbox. Then Substituting the Prepared container for waste oil under the drain hole, which is located below;
When all the oil is completely drained, the lower drain hole is carefully closed;
We fill the gearbox with oil. Some gearboxes are equipped with a through bolt level, others have a dipstick on the plug. Focusing on the oil level indicators, pour the required amount, screw the plug into the filler hole.
The first replacement is made upon completion of the running-in. The second oil change in the gearbox is carried out approximately every 75-200 hours of operation. But it all depends on the model, so the exact timing should always be specified in the manufacturer’s instructions.
Is it possible to pour automotive engine oil into the tiller?
It is NOT worth taking the risk and pouring automobile oils into the tiller, since the engines of cars and tillers have different principles of lubrication and temperature modes of operation. Also, tiller engines have other peculiar qualities (design, material from which they are made, degree of forcing, etc.), which may be incompatible with the characteristics of automobile oils.
What are the tiller gearboxes. types and purpose
Modern tillers are equipped with gearboxes of different design and purpose. The mechanisms used for the operation of agricultural machines are divided into the following types:
- Angle gearbox for tiller. a mechanism of this type serves as a connector for the motor and transmission of the unit. Excellent characteristics and low cost of such a unit make it one of the most popular among farmers. The design of the angular gearbox allows you to modify it, increase it, thereby significantly increasing the performance of the mechanism;
- Reducing gear for tiller. the task of this type of mechanism is to increase the power of the motor and reduce the number of its revolutions. Such gearboxes are considered one of the most reliable and efficient mechanisms, since they consist of durable steel parts, which are practically NOT subject to wear, and a regular air cooling system. tillers equipped with such gearboxes can easily cope with any load, and can solve many economic problems;
- Reverse gear. this reverse rotation mechanism is installed between the bevel gears, which, in turn, are located on the main shaft of the tiller. This reversing circuit is quite simple, so it takes NO more than 10 minutes to disassemble it. The main advantage of a reversible gearbox is the ability to reverse. Among the disadvantages should be highlighted the low performance of the mechanism and low speed when moving the tiller in reverse;
- Gear reducer for tiller. heavy tiller is equipped with this type of mechanism. It is used primarily to transfer the torque generated by the motor to the wheels of an agricultural machine. Among the main advantages of the gear reducer should be highlighted High reliability and simplicity of design. The only drawback of this mechanism is the complexity of maintenance. However, most tiller manufacturers equip their equipment with a gear reducer. If you are planning to make a homemade gearbox, then it is best to make a gear-type mechanism;
- Worm gearbox for tiller. the distinctive features of this mechanism include the presence of a special screw and a gear worm wheel. For the manufacture of each of the elements of such a gearbox, materials with increased strength are used. The gear ratios of worm gearboxes range from 1 to 4. The number of gears directly depends on the number of threaded channels on the screw of the mechanism. Among the main advantages of a worm gear, the high efficiency of the mechanism should be highlighted. It is used in the manufacture of equipment that requires a reduced angular velocity and the highest possible torque. Worm gearbox provides smooth running and low noise level during tiller operation.
Each of the listed types of devices has its own advantages and disadvantages. This should be remembered when choosing a tiller equipped with one or another gearbox.
How much oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
Finding the answer to this question is quite simple. To do this, you will need to proceed in the following order:
- Place the tiller on a flat surface so that the wings of the unit are parallel to the surface itself;
- Take a piece of wire, at least 70 cm long. it will play the role of an oil dipstick;
- Bend the wire in an arc;
- Insert the wire into the tank to the very end, and pull it out.
If the oil is at the level of 30 cm of the wire length, then it is no longer necessary to add oil. If the wire remains completely dry, then you will need to pour at least 2 liters of lubricant inside the gearbox.
Tiller gearbox device
Like any other tiller mechanism, the gearbox of an agricultural unit consists of certain elements. Taking into account the type of gearbox, its design can be equipped with threads, or other details. Basically, the gearbox device in detail looks like this:
- Cover and pulley;
- Input shaft bushings;
- Adjustment and shift lever;
- Fork and here’s a switch;
- Gear wheel in the intermediate shaft;
- Shaft block;
- Double row chain;
- Sprocket block;
- Washers and seals;
- Input shaft;
- Right and left axle shafts;
- Double asterisk;
- Bracket and spring;
- Clutch fork.
The mechanism diagram below will describe in more detail how the tiller gearbox is arranged. Despite the rather complicated design of the mechanism, its dismantling and reassembly will NOT raise questions even for a beginner. This requires:
- Completely remove the reducer from the tiller;
- Unscrew the screws and remove the protective covers;
- Carefully remove the bushing on the input shaft, dismantle the lever and the fork, the switching mechanism;
- Remove the input shaft and gear from it;
- Remove the shaft bushings and the chain;
- Dismantle the shaft block and remove the sprockets from it;
- Remove the intermediate shaft together with the gears;
- Remove the clutch, left and right axle shafts.
After completing all the above steps, you get the tiller reducer for analysis. After repair, the mechanism must be assembled in the reverse order.
Tiller oil change. a detailed algorithm for beginners
Before pouring new lubricant into the gearbox, it is necessary to clean the mechanism of the used composition. The oil change is as follows:
- Place the tiller on a level Raised surface. It is best if there is an inspection pit in the garage. if you installed the unit above it, it will be much easier for you to change the oil in the tiller’s gearbox;
- The mechanism has 2 plugs. One of them is used to drain the spent composition, and the second closes the hole in which you need to fill in a new product;
- First, unscrew the oil filler cap. Then place a wide container under the drain plug;
- Carefully unscrew the drain cap and wait for the used oil to drain;
- After that, screw the drain cap all the way using the spanner wrench;
- Insert a funnel into the filling hole and add new oil;
- Then screw the lid back on and unscrew it again. there is a 10 cm dipstick at the end of the lid, which will help determine the amount of oil poured in. If the oil is at the end of the dipstick, then it is no longer necessary to add lubricant. He will tell in more detail about changing the oil in the tiller’s gearbox.
Under normal operating conditions, the oil in the tiller gearbox should NOT be changed more than once every 100 hours of operation. If the unit is used around the clock, then this should be done more often. at least once every 50 hours of operation. This will help prevent damage not only to the gearbox, but also to other mechanisms of the agricultural machine.
What kind of oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
The answer to this question Not only beginners should know, but also experienced farmers. The serviceability and service life of the tiller gearbox largely depends on the quality and characteristics of the oil.
Before purchasing a lubricant, consult the recommendations of the agricultural machine manufacturer. The second important factor is the price of the oil. You do not need to buy the cheapest lubricants, since they, in most cases, are not capable of ensuring the normal operation of the mechanism.
Tiller gear oils are divided into several types. Depending on the marking, the following lubricants are found on the market:
- SAE. These formulations are used in environments with frequent and severe temperature changes. Thanks to this, oils with this marking can be used almost all year round. When buying such oil, you need to Pay attention to the number that is in front of the letter W. The smaller the number, the lower the temperature at which you can fill the oil;
- ASEA. oils with this marking are considered almost universal. over, the higher the number in the marking, the more difficult the conditions in which the composition is applied;
- API. oils with this mark are the most common. They are successfully used for lubrication of all types of gearboxes, and provide long-term operation of devices in the most severe conditions.
All of the listed types of oils for the tiller gearbox have their own characteristics. Be sure to Study them, and compare the indicators with the recommendations specified in the instruction manual of the tiller.
Tiller gearbox: device, types, oil and oil seals change
The gearbox is one of the most important parts of the tiller. Its task is the uninterrupted transmission of torque from the engine to the wheels by means of a V-belt transmission. Among other functions of the gearbox, one should highlight the change in the speed and direction of movement of the agricultural unit.
DIY tiller gearbox
Many tiller owners often wonder how to make a gearbox with their own hands. This is not as difficult as it might seem. To work, you need to prepare a number of tools. You will need:
- Straight and oblique screwdriver;
- Hacksaw for sawing metal;
- Pliers or pliers;
The manufacturing procedure for the tiller gearbox is as follows:
- First of all, you need to make the body of the mechanism. To do this, take several steel plates and scold them together in the form of a box. To save time, you can also take the body from the Ural motorcycle shaft and modify it a little;
- Gears are also needed to make the gearbox. They can be taken from the old Druzhba chainsaw. The main thing is that each gear has whole teeth, otherwise the home-made mechanism will not work;
- Cut off the tip in one of the shafts and drill a hole;
- On the other side of the gearbox, install the second shaft, and attach the cage and bearings to it;
- At the end, the output shaft will need to be connected to a pulley.
The homemade tiller gearbox has a simple design, so the mechanism can be repaired in 20-30 minutes.
How to change oil seals for Tilleri?
If you find an oil leak from the tiller gearbox, then this indicates the need to replace the oil seal of the mechanism. This procedure is performed in the following order:
- First, remove the cutters from the shaft, thoroughly clean them from dirt and oil residues;
- Remove the bolts from the cover protecting the gearbox. If the lid “sits” too tightly on the body, you need to tap it with a hammer;
- Pull out the old oil seal and wipe the place under it;
- Apply sealant to the edges of the new gland, install the part and screw the gear cover.
On average, oil seal replacement takes NOT more than 10 minutes. Make sure the sealant is completely dry before using the tiller.
All the listed tips for changing oil and oil seals for tiller reducers are suitable for agricultural machines Farmer, SKA, Neva MB-1 and MB-2, as well as for units of the Kaskad and Oka brands.
Types of oils
Oils of this type perfectly withstand large temperature drops. So they can be used successfully all year round. When choosing a lubricant of this type, it is necessary to pay attention to the number that is located in front of the letter W, it shows the oil’s adaptability to low temperatures. The lower this figure is, the more adaptable the oil will be. If there is no letter W on the marking, then such a grease is suitable for use in summer.
Here, the letters on the packaging will indicate the engine. Each specific letter will indicate that the transmission fluid is suitable for a specific type of engine. The numbers indicate engine types. So, for example, the number 4 indicates that the lubricant should be used for a four-stroke engine. The EU value speaks of energy conservation. The higher it is, the better the transmission fluid will be.
The largest number on the label will indicate that the grease can be used in extreme conditions.
These indicators determine the viscosity level of the transmission water. Usually, after this parameter, numeric values and alphabetic ones are written. If they are not there, then this indicates that the grease is universal.
What and how to fill in the tiller gearbox
A motor-cultivator is a technical tool that is often found on the farm. It allows you to quickly cultivate the land.
But in order for the tiller to function for a long time and efficiently, it needs competent maintenance.
The tiller gearbox is an important design element. So all owners of such equipment need to know which oil to fill in the tiller’s gearbox, how often it should be changed, etc. It is best to focus on the manufacturer’s recommendations. For example, the oil change in the Tiller Neva gearbox, on the advice of the manufacturer, should be carried out every 100 hours of operation.
All the necessary information can always be found in the instructions. But there are situations when people buy used equipment. In this case, a person may not have information about which transmission fluid should be poured into the gearbox and how to do it correctly.
Which oil is better to use?
When choosing a lubricant, too cheap options should be avoided. They may be of poor quality. In addition to the price, it is worth paying attention to the viscosity index of the lubricant. It is indicated on the packaging. There are many special additives that improve the quality of the transmission fluid.
ZIC 10W40. Super T-3 85W-90
Another worthy option is Super T-3 85W-90. It retains fluidity even at fairly low temperatures, has good viscosity.
Paying attention to the main parameters, each person will be able to choose the right oil for the tiller gearbox, taking into account the operating conditions of the equipment, the type of engine.
How much oil needs to be poured into the gearbox?
The issue of the volume of transmission fluid is very important. Before answering it, you need to determine the oil level. It’s very easy to do.
Place the tiller on a level surface so that its wings are parallel to it. Take a 70 cm long wire. It will be used instead of the probe. Bend it into an arc, and then insert it all the way into the filler hole. Then take it back.
Inspect the wire, if it is 30 cm stained with grease, then the oil level is normal. If the oil on it is less than 30 centimeters, it will need to be added.
If the gearbox is completely dry, then 2 liters of transmission fluid will be required.
What is the function of the reducer?
It is responsible for converting and transporting torque, which comes from mechanical transmissions. We can say that this component allows the tiller to work. Whether the lubricant for the gearbox is chosen correctly will depend on the efficiency of its operation, and, consequently, the efficiency of the entire device.
Reducers are of several types: angular, gear, lowering and reverse. They all have the same ingredients.
How to fill the gearbox with oil?
- Before starting to fill in new fluid, it is necessary to drain the old.
- Place the tiller on a hill. This makes it easier to drain the grease.
- You will find 2 plugs on the gearbox. One of them is drain, it is at his bottom. The second closes the transmission water filling hole. First you need to unscrew the filler plug.
- Take any container and place it under the drain plug.
The frequency of changing the transmission fluid will depend on the model of the cultivator. But, as a rule, replacement is carried out every 100 hours of equipment operation. In certain cases, more frequent replacement may be required. every 50 hours. If the tiller is new, then the first oil change after running in should be done after 25-50 hours.
Regular replacement of the transmission fluid is required Not only because the manufacturer recommends it, but also for a number of other reasons.
As a result, the transmission fluid becomes thicker. This leads to the fact that the tiller starts to work unstable. In some cases, a gearbox breakdown may occur.
Pouring in a new lubricant solution helps prevent such troubles and avoid repairs. Replacing the transmission fluid is much cheaper than replacing the gearbox.
If you want your equipment to serve for a long time and faithfully, and do not neglect the timely oil change.