Oil Consumption Rate For Chainsaw Chain Lubrication
The Stihl chainsaw is a unique device designed to facilitate the complex and time-consuming process of sawing trees and their further processing. It is difficult to imagine many necessary professions today without this miracle of technology.
Take, for example, builders (wooden house-building), lumberjacks, utility workers, and just people who often resort to its services in the course of running their own households. All of them approved this device and today cannot imagine life without this irreplaceable assistant.
The choice of a chainsaw should be carried out depending on what tasks it will perform. The main classification of chainsaws is divided into models of these types:
A chainsaw can serve not only for sawing trees, but also for small logs in diameter. As a rule, her work should not exceed 40 minutes. in a day. These simplified models are notable for their low power and are used for periodic work. Professional chainsaws are much more advanced devices, designed to work 12-16 hours a day. See our ranking of the best chainsaws.
With the stihl 660 chainsaw you can fill up huge trees, so they are suitable for workers who are professionally engaged in sawmilling or construction. Semi-professional chainsaws are almost complete analogues of professional ones, only with a limited working time. Their possibilities are also wide! Read more about how to cut trees with a chainsaw here.
Product Manufacturer STIHL
The history of the STIHL brand dates back to 1926, when Andreas Stihl founded A. Stihl Ingenieursbüro. " Initially, the company specialized in creating working boilers and the first “washing machines”, and later on, the first model of a chainsaw was created with the money earned. This unit, despite the enormous weight (48kg) quickly conquered the market and began to be very successfully sold to countries near and far abroad.
The 90s marked the beginning of a family business for the company. Almost all members of the Stihl family began to take part in the life of the company.
In 1995, they established Holding AG&Co, whose main base was in Waiblingen and Disburg.
Since 2002, a completely alien person has become the head of the board of directors of STIHL AG. At that time, boss Hans Peter Stihl headed the supervisory board of the company and took over the chairmanship of the commission of STIHL Holding AG&Co.
After another 2 years, a modern company development center was opened, and already in 2006, a new assembly plant was launched in China.
Today the company is developing successfully., introducing new ideas and even more practical approaches into the work. STIHL inventions top the reliability rating of chainsaws.
Performance and specifications
As for the technical and operational characteristics of this chainsaw, they are in many ways superior to all modern market counterparts. See how to run a chainsaw properly here.
The Stihl 180 chainsaw device is designed in such a way as to achieve maximum indicative results, while not causing any discomfort during operation. The device is completely devoid of vibration and does not tire the operator’s hands.
The handle that surrounds this tool tightly "sits" on 3 shock-absorbing blocks made of rubber, which is also very convenient for using a chainsaw.
The Stihl ms 180 chainsaw has the following specific characteristics:
- The maximum working volume is 31.8 cm³;
- Nominal weight of only 3900g.;
- The power level is 1.5 kW / 2.0 hp.;
- The tire is 0.35 m long;
- Characteristic chain type Oilomatic with a step of 3/8 “P (PMС3);
- Tank with a volume of 250 cm³;
- The idle speed is 2800 rpm;
- Specific gravity. 2600 g / kW;
- Permissible vibration level. 6.6 to the left and 7.8 m / s2 to the right;
- Sound pressure is 97.0 dB;
- Sound power. 106.0 dB.
It is easy to operate, does not require additional care, in addition to timely lubrication (if you do not follow the lubrication in time, it is quite possible to “kill” both the tire and the chain itself).
It is worth noting that the two-stroke engine of this unit is designed in such a way that it works on a gasoline-oil mixture. Only high-quality oil must be added to STIHL chainsaw gasoline. You can read about the exact use of Stihl chainsaw oil here.
For work using a brand of gasoline AI92 or 95 as well as engine oil from the company STIHL.
Video: Oil Consumption Rate For Chainsaw Chain Lubrication
The quality of these operational elements will largely determine the impact on the functioning and life of the entire system.
The Stihl 180 chainsaw instruction provides for strict adherence to all the rules of its operation. This is important for warranty repairs as well as extending the life of the chainsaw. It is very important to use good oil to lubricate the chainsaw chains.
Device and circuit
The scheme of the Stihl 180 chainsaw (as well as the stihl ms 660 chainsaw) is quite complicated, and this is due to the features of the operation of this unit. In order to get acquainted with the specifics of its work in detail, it is necessary to study the instruction manual for the stihl ms 180 chainsaw.
Here is a selection of a schematic diagram of the chainsaw, all the nuances regarding the constituent parts and the implementation of the first and subsequent launch are indicated. To keep the device in good condition and to be sure of its performance, you need to know the basics of its device and the principle of activity. Also, for more efficient operation, it is necessary to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw.
Serial equipment of products consists of:
- Guide bar type Ematic;
- Saw chain Oilomatic;
- An adjustable oil pump that ensures uniform distribution of oil throughout the chain and ensures excellent system performance;
- A carburetor with a special STIHL compensator that regulates the optimal engine power;
- Air filter;
- Trigger lever (cold and hot);
- Control lever;
- Handle with especially anti-vibration system.
Step-by-step instruction and operation manual
Next, simply follow the Stihl 180 chainsaw walkthrough:
- Before starting, you need to press the chain brake forward, thereby activating it;
- Get rid of the protective coating of the tire;
- Press the decompression valve for quick start and fuel pump;
- Take care of installing the combined lever in the “cold start” direction;
- Place the chainsaw on a flat surface, step with your foot on its handle to improve its stability;
- Slowly pull the starter rope toward you, and then pull it quickly a couple of times;
- Put the throttle in the half-gas position and once again pull the launch cable;
- After starting the saw, press the "gas" and lift it off the ground;
- Release the chain brake and check the lubrication of the working chain, giving full “gas” to the device over a sheet of light paper (if there are drops of oil, the saw is working normally);
- The saw can be operated according to the rules.
See the video for more details:
For information on how to sharpen a chain of a chainsaw with a file, see here.
How to distinguish from a fake
Chainsaw stihl 660 price china price. this is not an indicator of whether the device is original, or before you fake.
Here are the basic criteria you must know:
- Original STIHL products are personally distinguished by a warranty and an individual serial number;
- The number directly below the silencer must match the main marking of the saw;
- The silencer must also have a serial number and the country of manufacture indicated;
- Original Stihl products are equipped with Stihl tires, as well as special equipment necessary for full-fledged operation.
Pros and Cons of a Stihl Chainsaw
Among the advantages of a Stihl chainsaw are:
- Special anti-vibration system class AC;
- QuickStop inertia type chain brake required for device safety;
- Air filter in the public domain;
- The regulating compensator guarantees stable powerful operation of the system;
- Single lever type chainsaw control;
- The use of Ematic grease, which allows you to save on fuel consumption;
- The optimum cost of a chainsaw.
As for the last point, the question is how much the Stihl 180 chainsaw can be made to both the advantages and disadvantages of the product. The fact is that the price is not high for different categories of the population. Also for use, this option may not seem quite cheap.
Despite the ease of handling, the relatively low fuel consumption and ease of maintenance saw is still not widely available for everyone (the average price is around 8000 rubles).
Saw Operation Safety
Safety is pretty simple.
In order not to be injured during work and not to damage the saw itself, it is important to work in special clothing, follow the simple rules for using a powerful device. information about the Stihl 660 chainsaw here.
Every worker using a Stihl chainsaw must be aware of:
- The device and the principle of its action;
- Possible varieties of problems as well as options for their quick fix;
- The possibility of the effect of bestowal and its consequences;
- Fueling rules;
- Chain lubrication rules;
- Rules for checking the operability of the mechanism.
Personnel working with the device must be dressed in overalls:
- Special protective trousers;
- Helmet with special headphones;
- Safety glasses for eyes;
- Special boots, preferably with non-slip soles.
- You must have a first aid kit with you.
The manufacturer STIHL took care of investing a lot of modern ideas and innovative technologies in the development of unique chainsaws that can maximize the ease of human work. Stihl ms 660 chainsaw the price is not quite high. Find out how much the Stihl chainsaw costs here.
Since its opening, STIHL has been betting on modern, often revolutionary developments. For 85 years of experience, the brand name has become an absolute guarantor of quality and the introduction of advanced technologies. At the moment, the STIHL brand stands for the highest quality. In more than one hundred and sixty countries, this product is well-deserved and helps many people to complete their hard work. It is the main technical device STIHL that made the company a leading manufacturer of chainsaws.
One of the most popular STIHL MS 180 models. simplicity and ease of use, as well as small (relatively) size and optimal weight for work. And this, in turn, provides comfort during work.
STIHL MS 180 is a powerful enough device suitable for working with wood.
Another advantage of the model is the presence of a method of quick chain tension as well as electric ignition.
Why won’t a chainsaw start? Causes and solutions are described in this article.