Patriot Trimmer Assembly
Petrol trimmer Patriot: reviews This equipment is a tool with which you can carry out work on decorative mowing of grass. The device is powered by a fuel engine. The manufacturer took care of an easy start by providing the device with a primer. The described Patriot petrol trimmer can cut grass of any height.
Feedback on positive features
Feedback on technical characteristics
Buyers love the design of the bike handle. Separately, they also note the landing diameter, which, in their words, is optimal and is 25.4 mm. There is no collapsible shaft in the design, this factor, as consumers emphasize, sometimes forces them to make their choice in the direction of another model. The device weighs even less than that described above, the weight is 7.7 kg. The tank holds 1.2 liters of fuel. According to the owners of country houses, this parameter allows you to work for a long time without refueling.
Thus, first you need to decide which type of nutrition will be best for certain conditions. If you are taking care of the lawn away from the city, then it is better to choose a gasoline model, because it does not depend on the outlet. In general, not only those trimmers that work on liquid fuel are on sale, but also electric and battery options. Each of them has its own positive characteristics.
For example, a gasoline unit is characterized by practicality, high power, maneuverability and mobility. In order to finally determine the choice, you should consider several models of the described devices. Among others, the Patriot gasoline trimmer is presented on the modern market, which will be discussed below.
Reviews and features of the trimmer 3355
The Patriot 3355 Gasoline Trimmer is a device for cutting grass around shrubs, trees, and near fences and fences. Guided by the opinion of people who have already used such a device, it can be argued that the equipment allows you to work even with uneven terrain. Its power is 1.3 kW, and the engine volume is 33 cm 3.
Feedback on technical characteristics
The PT 3555ES model has a capacity of 1.8 liters. Sec., which is equal to 1.32 kW. Engine volume 33 cm 3. The thickness of the fishing line used in the work reaches 2.4 mm. This parameter, according to buyers, is the most optimal. The design is equipped with a bicycle handle and a rigid drive shaft.
The bore diameter is 25.4 mm. The overall dimensions of this unit are 1850x680x265 mm. The device weighs only 8.05 kg. As the owners of private territories emphasize, such a mass allows you to work for a long time without getting tired. A knife and a fishing line act as a cutting element. According to consumers, the tank holds a large volume of fuel, which is 0.9 liters. The unit is powered by a two-stroke engine. The design has a collapsible shaft.
Review of the PT 3555ES trimmer
If you have already decided on a manufacturer and decided that it will be Patriot, then before making a purchase, you should consider several models of gasoline trimmers from this supplier. Among others, the PT 3555ES should be highlighted, the cost of which is 5690 rubles.
This equipment is a tool with which you can carry out works on decorative mowing of grass. The device is powered by a fuel engine. The manufacturer took care of an easy start by providing the device with a primer. The described Patriot petrol trimmer can cut grass of any height. The design is equipped with a cutting knife that easily fights ragweed and hogweed thickets.
The main malfunctions of the trimmer starter
It is not difficult to determine the cause of the breakdown of the triggering device. There are several main options:
- Break of the cord (rope);
- When the spring breaks or disengages.
These details are shown in the graph below.
It may happen that the starter mechanism is accidentally broken. The consequences will be disastrous if the torn rope is wound around the flywheel of a working internal combustion engine: then the spring will burst, the pulley will break. But such cases, when a complete replacement of the starter unit is required, are extremely rare. In most cases, it is enough to install a new spring or replace the cord to fix the mechanism.
Disassembly of the starter unit
The launch mechanism is disassembled in order to install new parts instead of broken ones in the following sequence:
- Unscrew with a screwdriver the screw fixing the pulley with the starter cover;
- Take out the spring and antennae;
- Carefully remove the pulley (you need to turn your head away or work, wearing glasses and gloves first);
- Determine why the trigger has broken;
- If the spring has collapsed almost completely, then it is replaced;
- When the spring comes out of the hook, it is installed in its original place, bending the antennae before this (the graphs show the laying process);
- After the spring plate is installed inside the groove, carefully twist it.
To change the spring, you must work carefully and carefully: it can accidentally burst under the influence of the force caused by installing it in place. Even if you carefully remove the roller, the spring strip very quickly flies off the reel and can injure your hand with its sharp edges.
After installing the spring, tighten it. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Remove the handle from the starter cord;
- Then the rope is inserted into the reel groove;
- Tension the spring by rotating the coil in the opposite direction to the clockwise direction (winding);
- Make the required number of revolutions specified in the operating instructions for the trimmer model used and corresponding to the length of the cord used;
- At the very end, the rope is threaded into the hole provided for this, located in the starter cover;
- Put the handle in place, fixing it with a knot.
If, after repair, the spring continues to fly off, then you can get rid of it in the following ways:
- Squeeze a piece of the plate suitable in size into the groove at the location of the spring hook;
- Drill holes on both sides of the groove in the spool, into which to insert the spring hook and fix it with a wire.
The assembly of the starter unit is carried out in a number of stages:
- The coil is turned over, setting it so that the spring bend fits exactly into the groove of the body, as shown below;
- Two washers are laid, between which a spring is placed;
- Put in place the cup with the antennae;
- Tighten the screw (graphs below).
When doing the described manipulations, it is imperative to put two washers. If this is not done, the spring will eventually damage the plastic cup, and when it is pulled, wedging will begin. Because of this, there is a feeling as if the spring has flown off. To eliminate this drawback, you need to install this part of a greater length or an additional washer.
When such parts are not available, you can simply unscrew the screw a little, and the starter unit will start working without wedging. But this option is temporary; it is better to repair it with high quality as soon as possible.
The device and principle of operation of the starter on the trimmer
The gasoline engine is, in principle, the main part of the brushcutter. Its power lies in the range of 0.5-2.5 hp. The movement from it is transmitted to the shaft, which is inside the hollow rod, and then through a gearbox consisting of gears, already a fishing line or knife (working body).
The petrol brush also has the following elements:
- Protective casing;
- Belt designed for the convenience of using the device;
- A starter used to start a gasoline internal combustion engine.
All details of the brushcutter are presented in the graph below.
The trimmer starter is the integral part that starts the engine. He is depicted separately on the two below.
The starter mechanisms of various models of petrol brushes work on the same principle: during the start of the internal combustion engine, the protrusions marked with 1 in the graph above engage with the pawls 3. When the engine starts to work, they return to their previous position due to the centrifugal force. The wires 2 also play a similar role.
The process of returning to the initial position of the elements of the mechanism occurs due to the presence of a spring wound around the axis. It unfolds when the rope is pulled. After releasing the cord, it is pulled in and wound up due to the coiling of the spring. During the start of the internal combustion engine, the petrol mowers, the starting mechanism turns its shaft until it starts to work (starts).
To date, gasoline brushcutters are equipped with two types of starter mechanisms:
The first option is much more common.
The trimmer starter can operate without breakdowns for a long time. It is impossible to clearly indicate the period of uptime. Everything is determined by the initial quality of the device and compliance with the rules for handling it.
How to repair a trimmer starter
Petrol trimmer starter repair may be required at the most inopportune moment. In this case, the problem can be solved in two ways: replace the broken part or change the entire unit. The latter option will cost more. To repair the device with your own hands, in most cases, you only need a screwdriver with the appropriate tip from the tools. Repair work does not take much time and does not require special knowledge. It is enough to know the device, the principle of operation, the nuances of assembling and disassembling the starter on the trimmer in order to achieve the desired positive result.
Garden trimmers from other manufacturers
- BLACK DECKER
- × PATRIOT
General overview of the petrol trimmer Patriot PT 2540
The Patriot PT 2540 device has a gasoline engine. The trimmer is lightweight and easy to operate. The rod of the model is bent and with the possibility of disassembly, which facilitates the transportation of equipment. The variety of attachments allows the trimmer to be used as a cultivator, hedge trimmer and lopper. The piston elements of the motor are chrome-plated.
The Patriot PT 2540 trimmer functions quite simply when the number of revolutions increases, the spool and fishing line come into rotation. The load on the hands is reduced thanks to the shoulder strap supplied with the equipment. It is convenient for a person of any height to work with the equipment, since all parameters are adjusted. The cutting edge is consumed in a semi-automatic mode, when the spool is pressed against the ground at the moment of rotation, the line comes out of it to the desired length. Surplus is removed with a knife, which is equipped with a protective cover. It is recommended to reduce the load on the engine by developing the maximum number of revolutions during operation.
Technical characteristics of the petrol trimmer Patriot PT 2540:
- Motor type gasoline, two-stroke, located on top.
- The volume of the motor is 25 cm3.
- Power 1.2 HP
- The volume of the fuel tank is 0.45 liters.
- Cutting size in width with fishing line or knife 40 cm.
- Curved bar.
- D-shaped handle.
- Maximum rotation speed 7500 rpm.
- Line diameter 2 mm.
- Split shaft.
- The weight of the device is 5 kg.
- The package includes a reel, line and strap.
Trimmers are designed to remove excess vegetation in the area. Their main difference from a lawnmower is their compact size, which allows you to cut grass even in the most difficult areas. The devices are produced with two engine modifications: electric and gasoline.
- General overview of the petrol trimmer Patriot PT 2540
- Patriot PT 2540 petrol trimmer instruction manual
- Assembling the trimmer petrol Patriot PT 2540
- Fuel mixture preparation for petrol trimmer Patriot PT 2540
Patriot PT 2540 petrol trimmer instruction manual
Precautions and getting started with the trimmer:
- At the beginning of work, it is necessary to check all the elements of the apparatus, the correctness and reliability of their fastenings.
- The switched on equipment must not be left unattended. During work, children must be removed to a safe distance.
- From the territory it is necessary to remove all solid elements that pose a threat to the cutting element of the equipment.
- When cutting the grass with the trimmer, protect the eyes, hands and feet with glasses or a mask, gloves and closed shoes.
- Carefully protect the trimmer from moisture to prevent corrosion.
- Start the trimmer on a flat and dry surface. For operation, do not use a line more than 2 mm in diameter in order to avoid damage to the apparatus. The line cannot be replaced with reinforced, iron cables and wires.
- The fuel mixture is prepared from gasoline with an octane rating of at least AI-95 and original oils and greases from Patriot.
- If during operation a fuel mixture leaks, it is necessary to move away from this point at least 3 meters and only then start the device. Never pour fuel mixture into the trimmer while the engine is running or hot.
- It is necessary to regularly diagnose the health of the device. If you find the slightest malfunction, stop operation and take the equipment to a service center.
- It is strictly forbidden to use the trimmer in closed rooms. It is intended for outdoor use only.
Trimmer Patriot 4355 Brushcutter Features
This semi-professional Patriot petrol mower differs from its counterparts in its improved proprietary equipment, a smoother cutting line, and significantly increased traction parameters. Light weight and ergonomic bicycle-style handle make the tool more maneuverable and comfortable for long-term use.
All mechanisms and details of the upper part of the model are housed in a shock-resistant case made of reinforced plastic. The trimmer is equipped with a padded shoulder strap that does not chafe or restrict the operator’s movements.
Mower specifications include:
- The power of the factory internal combustion engine is 2.45 liters. From. At 9000 rpm;
- Coverage when using a cord / knife 43/23 cm;
- Weight 7.1 kg.
This Partner trimmer features a straight, non-separable bar that houses a rigid drive shaft. The use of innovative technologies in the production of the latter allowed the manufacturer to reduce losses in engine thrust and make the brushcutter more efficient when working in any weather conditions.
Patriot history of brand foundation and development
Patriot is a relatively young brand that was founded in 2000 in the United States. From the very moment it entered the market, the young company set a course for the active development of its own innovative technologies, which were introduced into branded equipment. At the time of its formation, the American company did not have its own plant, therefore, since 2003, the brand has established the production of its equipment at one of the Chinese factories, where the products of many well-known European enterprises were produced.
Today the Patriot company actively produces gasoline and electric saws, snow blowers, cultivators, walk-behind tractors. The list of the company’s products also includes various types of construction equipment: concrete mixers, water heaters. Among domestic gardeners, the branded electric and gasoline trimmers of the American brand Patriot deserve special attention. Among their main advantages, experts point out endurance, decent build quality and good ergonomics. Each model of the Patriot brand is as easy to use as possible, which makes it possible for any novice gardener to start using it without special preparation.
Trimmer Patriot 3355 brushcutter benefits
This lightweight household mower is designed for controlling small weeds, mowing decorative natural lawns, leveling vegetation near trees, and mowing grass in other hard-to-reach places.
The Patriot PT 3355 trimmer differs from the market counterparts of the modified CPG with an increased piston stroke, a chrome-plated cylinder and an improved anti-vibration system. Additional rubber dampers evenly dampen vibration from the engine for increased comfort when using your garden tool.
For more convenient use of the Patriot 3355 petrol cutter, it is equipped with a 2-hand rubberized handle of a standard bicycle type. All buttons and switches required for convenient operation are built into its regular right handle.
Mower options include:
- Power of the factory internal combustion engine 1.8 liters. From. At 8000 rpm;
- Coverage when using a cord / knife 46/23 cm;
- Weight 6.7 kg.
The complete set of the branded model includes a durable gearbox, all parts of which are made of aluminum coated with a protective chrome alloy. This extends the service life of the mechanism and makes it more resistant to high loads.
Trimmer Patriot 3055 brushcutter capabilities
This hobby garden tool stands out for its lighter weight, increased durability and improved traction. The mower successfully copes with active mowing of small wild weeds, mowing natural lawns, as well as cutting a few shoots of young trees.
Among the features of this model stands out the ability to use universal mowing heads for working with it. If necessary, the trimmer can be equipped with a plastic disc or metal 3-blade forged knife.
The basic factory parameters of this Patriot mower include:
- Power of the factory internal combustion engine is 1.3 liters. From. At 7000 rpm;
- Coverage when using a cord / knife 46/23 cm;
- Weight 6.1 kg.
This factory-fitted brushcutter includes a non-separable straight bar to which a 2-hand rubberized bicycle handle is attached.
Electric trimmer Patriot ET 1200 model parameters
The main function of this amateur model is mowing lawns, removing small weeds and woody shrubs, as well as caring for decorative beds planted in open ground or in a greenhouse.
This Patriot mower is branded with a robust electric motor that delivers stability in the toughest conditions. The motor is equipped with an intelligent 3-level protection against moisture, dust and short circuits.
The force generated by the motor is transmitted to the aluminum gearbox using a flexible drive shaft, which is placed inside a straight collapsible rod. For more convenient use, the model is equipped with a D-shaped plastic handle, the position of which can be changed at the request of the operator.
Factory options for this Patriot mower include:
- Factory engine power 1.1 kW at 7000 rpm;
- Coverage when using a cord / knife 46/23 cm;
- Weight 6.8 kg.
The manufacturer included a reinforced plastic casing, a power cable, a mowing head with a line, and branded transparent glasses in the market delivery set.
Trimmer Patriot 555 model description
The petrol trimmer Patriot PT 555 in this semi-professional configuration is equipped with a high-quality trigger mechanism, the proprietary layout of which increases its efficiency during starting at extremely low temperatures. The engine of the model stands out for its reduced noise impact, relatively modest fuel consumption, and also light weight.
The Patriot petrol trimmer is pre-equipped with a heavy duty gearbox that excels in stability under heavy loads. Free access in it simplifies the introduction of lubricant and self-repair of the mechanism.
The main factory parameters of the mower include:
- The power of the factory internal combustion engine is 3 liters. From. At 9000 rpm;
- Coverage when using a cord / knife 42 / 25.5 cm;
- Weight 7.8 kg.
Decent parameters of this tool make it possible to use it without any fears for mowing dried large wild weeds, fighting sprouted tree shoots.