Pours Candle On Husqvarna Chainsaw
Household and professional chainsaws are equipped with simple in design and reliable in operation two-stroke internal combustion engines. A significant portion of drive failures is due to fuel system malfunctions. Why does it flood a candle on a chainsaw and how to fix this malfunction with your own hands?
Components of the entire gasoline-powered assortment of the power units operate on a precisely metered mixture of fuel and special motor oil intended for operation of two-stroke engines.
In the carburetor, fuel and air are mixed in a proportion of 1:16, after which the air-gasoline emulsion is fed into the combustion chamber.
The consequences of the engine with unconfigured fuel equipment
The traction characteristics of the engine and the duration of its resource depend on the composition of the mixture.
- Work on a lean mixture initiates a power drop, overheating of the cylinder and intensive wear of loaded parts and components of the chainsaw.
- No less dangerous work on a rich mixture. The malfunction is manifested by an increase in the time of reaching the operating speed, increased fuel consumption, smoke from the muffler.
- There is also an intense formation of soot in the combustion chamber, loss of mobility of the piston rings.
Algorithm for determining the causes of poor mixture formation
In any case, a wet candle on a chainsaw indicates a pronounced imbalance in the composition of the air-fuel emulsion. Even at a fuel to air ratio of 1:14, sparking conditions worsen, lack of air prevents the normal combustion of the air-fuel emulsion compressed in the combustion chamber.
The main reasons for over-enrichment of the mixture in most cases are standard:
- clogged air intake filter;
- incorrect carburetor adjustment;
- interruptions in the operation of the ignition system;
- the poor quality of gasoline and the violation of the starting sequence of the power unit are also not ruled out.
The risks of using low-quality fuel
Video: Pours Candle On Husqvarna Chainsaw
Various low-octane gasolines and fuel substitutes contain alcohol components, which require more time for complete combustion. Efficiency of using such fuel is doubtful, since there are a number of factors confirming inefficient operation and forced engine wear.
The oiling of a candle is promoted by the use of heat-resistant motor oils for 4-stroke engines, a large wear of compression rings or the entire piston group as a whole.
In the first case, the problem is solved by bringing the air intake device into good condition. It is recommended to blow out the exhausted paper filter with a reverse air flow, and at best replace it. Methods for cleaning other types of filters are indicated in the attached instruction manuals.
- The carburetor is adjusted on an engine warmed up to operating temperature. The power unit is brought to the optimum mode by rotating the adjusting screws of the quantity and quality of the mixture. The success of the work is determined by knowledge of the design of the fuel supply system, the interaction of all components.
- In particular, the increased difficulty of adjusting carburetors with built-in compensators and other elements of automatic control. Such equipment is configured using special equipment, which is equipped with service and repair centers.
If the engine cannot be tuned, the cause of the excess fuel in the emulsion may be a violation of the valve tightness or freezing of the carburetor float itself.
The final result of the work performed:
- fast set of turns;
- stable operation at idle;
- restoration of traction parameters;
- lack of increased smoke and detonation noise.
Criteria for the selection and operation of spark plugs
The simplest indicator of mixture quality is the porcelain insulator of the center electrode of the spark plug. Any shade of brown indicates the normal quality of the mixture, a white or smoked insulator indicates a poor or over-enriched composition of the emulsion.
The heating number of the operated candle must meet the stated requirements.
- The cause of oiling may be the so-called “cold” candle, which can visually be identified by a short insulator. Interruptions in sparking are possible if the clearance is incorrectly adjusted or the contacts burn out naturally.
- The recommended distance between the contacts of the candle is indicated in the instructions, in the absence of information, you can focus on the standard value of 0.7-1 mm. With a smaller gap, the efficiency of ignition of the air-fuel emulsion decreases, with an increased gap, interruptions in spark formation are possible.
- Burning a damp or oily candle in an open flame is not recommended because of the risk of cracking and premature failure.
Re-enrichment of the mixture in the combustion chamber of a technically sound chainsaw is eliminated by blowing the engine. To do this, just turn out the candle and turn the crankshaft several times with a manual starter.