Refueling Fishing Line In Valex Suzuka Trimmer
I want to devote today’s article to the sore topic of summer residents and gardeners of the entire post-Soviet space "How to refill a fishing line into a trimmer." Not many trimmer manufacturers answer this question in their operating instructions. Therefore, it is difficult for ordinary gardeners to figure out how to do this correctly.
I want to start with a brief description of the technical characteristics of the trimmers.
So, trimmers are electric and gasoline. The cutting element of the trimmers can be a fishing line and a knife. The fishing line is ordinary, four. Pentahedral and intertwined (in the form of a pigtail). Knives come in 2, 3 and four blade blades. Knives are also plastic and metal.
The feed system of the fishing line from the trimmer is manual, semi-automatic and automatic.
Development engineers who create new models of trimmers clearly calculate the diameter (thickness) of the fishing line and the number of knife blades according to the power of the trimmers. Otherwise, the engine is overloaded, which as a result leads to its breakdown. And this is an additional and significant cost.
Today on the market are trimmers:
With one nozzle – only fishing line.
With two nozzles – fishing line and three-four-blade knife.
With one nozzle – only a three-four-blade knife.
Our Kulibins long ago learned to improve any mechanisms. So, for example, some gardeners make successful, in their opinion, replacing the fishing line with a metal cable, or fishing line. But at the same time they do not think about the safety of their and their loved ones, because, as a cable with the power of a working trimmer, it can easily break out and not only injure the mower and others, but leave it crippled for life. Using fishing line can and gives a better effect, I have never personally tried it than fishing line for trimmer, but this work has a number of disadvantages: when it comes into contact with solid objects, it loosens or can simply be pulled out of the reel without limit.
So what is called closer to the topic. I give an example of how to fill a fishing line into a trimmer (BOSCH Art 30 trimmer). Everything is very simple. We started.
After you have chosen the fishing line for refueling, you need to cut off the necessary amount of fishing line, because all the fishing line in the skein is not wound into a reel.
Cut off and start winding.
Remove the coil and the protective cover from the coil.
They took off. We fix one end of the fishing line into the gap and carefully and evenly wind the fishing line.
The amount of fishing line should be such that the protective cover of the reel closes and the line on the reel unwinds itself a little.
The second end of the fishing line is planted in the hole on the protective cover.
Next, take the coil and the protective cover of the coil. We sink the end of the fishing line from the reel into the metal hole on the protective cover of the reel. Tighten the fishing line a little.
We put it all on the trimmer. Turn the coil clockwise until it clicks.
Secured. Now connect the trimmer to the network. We put the trimmer in the starting position for the job. Turn on the trimmer. The excess length of the fishing line will be cut off on the cutting blade.
That’s all starting work.
You can watch the video
A little tip. Make sure that the fishing line does not come into contact with solid objects when cutting. With this contact, the fishing line will be cut. And since, in this trimmer, the fishing line is not fed automatically, then you have to stop the work each time, remove the reel and re-release the fishing line.
In my trimmer, in addition to the standard line for mowing the lawn, there is still provided a thick fishing line for mowing coarse weeds. It has the shape of a pigtail, i.E. Three fishing lines are tightly intertwined. Such a fishing line has its own reel.
Thick fishing line
It is stored at the top of the trimmer body.
Spare coil storage space
Installing such a fishing line into the reel is very simple – according to the internal circuit inside the reel. We insert the center of the fishing line with a metal mount at the top of the reel, and draw the ends of the fishing line along the grooves and bring it out.
Reinforced Fishing Line
Such a coil is attached to the trimmer as well as a reel with ordinary fishing line.
Guaranteed production of a factory trimmer refill will inevitably require replacing the fishing line. Having a very rough idea of how to fill the fishing line into the reel of the trimmer yourself, beginners are reluctant to take up this matter. However, with some skills, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar instruction presented below will facilitate this process as much as possible.
First of all, for winding fishing line it is required to remove the reel (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer – specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working arrangement of the engine and the coil in the lower part, as a rule, have side keys on both sides of the bobbin. By pressing them simultaneously, the upper part of the reel, together with the internal contents for winding the fishing line, is disconnected, while the lower one remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on an even smooth place so that the spring included in the design does not pop out and is not lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved rod without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have coils with a special wing: in such designs, you should hold the spool in one position with one hand and rotate the locking reel on the wing nut with the other counterclockwise. After disconnecting the nut, the entire reel is removed.
- Electric and petrol trimmers with the possibility of installing a knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. For the motion of the rod to be stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and with a slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body scrolls clockwise (with the left thread) and is removed from the trimmer.
Video: Refueling Fishing Line In Valex Suzuka Trimmer
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in various ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is twisted, in coils with latches, latches-clamps are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the spool are threaded, it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
We carry out winding fishing line
Slowly completed disassembling the spool reel without losing its spare parts allows you to go to the main task – winding fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the design of the spool and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Coil with one working antenna
The simplest option and a simple sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the bobbin and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended fishing line length for winding – 2 … 5 m.
- One end of the fishing line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the reverse direction of rotation of the spool on the trimmer product – as a rule, on the inner side of the bobbin an arrow indicates which direction the winding is going.
- A small section of fishing line is left free to bring it out – it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the reel, designed to hold the winding when assembling the spool in working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole on the outside of the bobbin.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the bar of the trimmer.
Coil with two working antennae
In this type of spools, you should determine the number of grooves for winding fishing line lying on the inside of the reel:
- One groove – both antennae are wound together along one groove;
- Two grooves – each antennae is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a 2-3-meter-long fishing line is taken. In single-groove reels, the fishing line is pulled into the through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the side of the bar – the correct direction of winding is usually indicated inside the arrow. In the presence of fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded into them or held by the fingers of their free hands, threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the spool is closed and attached to the bar of the trimmer.
The difference between winding fishing line in two-groove reels is that initially a piece of fishing line 2-5 m long is folded in half (to determine the middle bend), and the bend loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each in its own groove, the fixation of the antennae and the reel assembly are similar to the one-groove variant discussed above.
The first implementation of this procedure may seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The video below will clearly show how to put the fishing line into the reel of the trimmer and wrap it correctly – this operation is not difficult and with some patience will certainly succeed:
Automatic reeling of fishing line
There is a variety of coils in which the automatic mechanism makes winding on its own – from the user it is enough just to properly fill the line. The fishing line is passed through the hole on the inside of the case, its antennae without winding is passed through the hole on the external case, the spool is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the line inside is wound up independently. In such a spool, it is impossible to make the winding incorrectly: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
To ensure that the area near the house always looks neat and tidy, you need to cut it regularly. Fortunately, modern technology allows us to solve this problem without excessive physical effort. Electric trimmers are so easy to control and care that even a teenager can mow the grass with their help. The main thing is to figure out first how to refill the fishing line in the trimmer.
How to charge a fishing line into a trimmer?
So, we are faced with the task of properly charging the fishing line into the trimmer. Let’s understand in more detail where to start its implementation and what pitfalls can await us in the process.
Step 1 – choose a fishing line
Step 2 – remove the coil from the trimmer
To perform this operation, the trimmer must be disconnected from the network and turned upside down with the working head. The further course of action depends on the trimmer model and the design of the coil itself:
- For small trimmers with a lower engine arrangement, press the keys located on the sides of the coil and remove its upper part from the head;
- On trimmers with a bent rod, hold the coil housing with one hand, while simultaneously turning the lamb on the housing;
- For trimmers with a direct boom and gearbox, insert a screwdriver into the hole located under the coil, and then turn the body of the coil counterclockwise.
Step 3 – disassemble the coil
After the coil is removed from the head, it must be carefully disassembled. It is better to do this on an already mowed plot, since there may be a spring inside the coil, which will be difficult to find in tall grass. After disassembly, we will have three parts on hand: a body (top cover), a protective casing and the coil itself.
Step 4 – measure the required amount of fishing line
Novice mowers are usually interested in how many meters of fishing line to wind onto the trimmer reel? There are two ways to resolve this issue:
- Unwind a skein of fishing line on a flat, dry place and separate half from it.
- Measure 3-4 meters of fishing line from the skein.
In any case, after the end of the winding, the turns of the fishing line should be on the body of the reel without sliding off it. No need to try to wind as much as possible, since the fishing line will be badly unwound and more often torn.
Step 5 – reel the line onto the reel
How to install the fishing line on the trimmer depends on the design of the coil. Consider the option when in the coil body there is one outlet under the fishing line. In this case, the end of the fishing line is clamped in the crevice of the reel, and then we wind the fishing line, trying to lay the turns as tightly as possible. The direction of laying the turns should be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil and is usually indicated on its inner part. After winding up on the reel, it is necessary to put on a protective casing and bring the end of the fishing line into it
If the reel is designed to work with two tails, then the fishing line must be folded in half and laid in a groove in the central part of the reel. Further winding will be carried out in one or two grooves, depending on the design of the coil. The winding direction should also be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil. At the end of the ponytails, the fishing line will also need to be pulled into the holes on the top of the reel.