Replacing The Piston Trimmer
Chainsaw bulkhead Partner
The PARTNER chainsaw is probably the simplest and cheapest saw in its class. It harmoniously combines such things as price, reliability, quality and maintainability! Order:
- With a key 13 and remove the breaker-side cover of the chainsaw with a handbrake
- We loosen the chain and remove it together with the tire.
- Unscrew the top cover of the chainsaw.
- We remove the clutch and the drive sprocket with an original device called the RUSSIAN KEY. To do this, take a chisel, put it on the edge of the clutch and with a sharp blow of the hammer turn the clutch clockwise (the clutch has a left-hand thread). Remove the large clutch washer, the leading sprocket, and the small thrust washer of the sprocket. All attempts to fix the piston through the spark plug hole or the muffler hole usually lead to damage to the piston.
- Unscrew the two screws securing the oil pump with a Phillips screwdriver, remove it from the rubber seal, after draining the oil from the oil tank.
- We turn off the two muffler bolts with a head 8 and remove the muffler together with the reflector.
- Unscrew the starter cover with 25 torx.
- With the same head for 8, we unscrew the carburetor nuts and remove the air filter housing, and behind it the carburetor, after removing two hoses and plugging a long hose of a suitable size with a nail. In models with thrust, instead of the throttle cable, squeeze the throttle trigger at the same time as removing the carburetor. Then the carburetor can be removed without much effort.
- Remove the carburetor and adapter gasket.
- Disconnect the high-voltage wire and unscrew the candle
- Remove the magneto ignition unit by unscrewing two self-tapping screws.
- Prying with a screwdriver, remove the wire holder. Unscrew the screw of the upper shock absorber.
- Turn the saw over and unscrew the four cylinder bolts with the head 8. We take them out.
- We pay attention to the piston.
- Remove the engine crankcase and wipe it with a rag.
- We take out the crankshaft with the piston and bearings from the piston.
- We unscrew the adapter from the cylinder and carefully remove it, using a knife so as not to damage the gasket between them.
- Gently pry the piston retaining ring, pull out the finger and remove the piston.
- We unscrew the nut by 13 and remove the flywheel with a light blow of a hammer on an incompletely unscrewed nut.
- On the other side of the shaft elbows, remove the spring drive of the oil pump by prying it with a screwdriver or a puller. When reassembling, the spring is pressed in with a suitable mandrel or in the absence of a mandrel.
- We remove two bearing seals, check the separator and check for backlash.
- We examine the removed parts. The piston must be free of visible scoring, and the adapter must be free of cracks.
- We assemble in the reverse order.
- When putting the piston in place, we place the lock towards the carburetor. Otherwise, the ring will break and jam the piston.
- Stretching slightly, we put the compression ring on the piston.
- We fasten the adapter to the cylinder, having previously coated the gasket with a thin (!) Layer of silicone sealant.
- With a slight sway, pressing the piston ring lock to the cylinder, insert the piston after lubricating it with gasoline oil.
- When assembling the engine, lubricate the crankcase with a thin layer of red or black silicone sealant. We arrange the bearing-oil seal in the same way as it stood before removal (according to the prints on the rubber).
- Putting the rest together, with a certain skill, the whole procedure takes about an hour.
- Carburetor adjustment starts at # 8212; two turns, that is, remove two plugs, make cuts for a screwdriver on the screws (if they are not there). Tighten the screws all the way, and then unscrew. Then start the saw and select by ear the best operating mode. without failures and with maximum power. If the carburetor is good, then further adjustment occurs no more than half a turn in one direction or the other for each bolt.
Repair of this level should always be balanced. In such small engines operating at high speeds, replacing one piston that is burned out or jammed does not give a long result and, if necessary, the entire piston group must be changed. Therefore, you need to consider whether to continue using this saw or purchase a new saw.
If this is a professional model, then such repairs are worth doing, but if it is an old household model like Husqvarna 40 and it has worked for more than ten or twelve years, it is not profitable to repair it. Because its repair will cost so much. The same as the purchase of a new saw, albeit not Husqvarna, but for PARTNER P350XT CHROME, the cost of 165 is definitely enough. over, such saws are sold by Husqvarna, since PARTNER is its subsidiary.
But if you still decide to repair a chainsaw or a trimmer, then you need original parts that are not cheap. With proper engine operation, the first repair may not come soon and only the piston ring or rings will have to be replaced, depending on the model. But if the saw is jammed, then it is necessary to change the entire piston group of the cylinder, piston and rings.
It should be noted that Husqvarna 136/141 chainsaws have approximately a service life of 500-600 hours, Husqvarna 340/350. 1000-1200 hours, professional chainsaws at least 2000-2500 hours, subject to strict adherence to the operating instructions. In fact, it is impossible to rely on these figures, since the real resource can differ significantly, both upward and downward. But we can roughly say that semi-professional saws work 3-4 times longer than amateur ones, and professional ones up to 10 times or more.
Of course, nothing is eternal, but it’s one thing if you change the piston group, after many years of operation and it has worked out its engine hours, fully paid for itself, but another thing is that this saw was refueled, for example, with gasoline alone, without oil, and it jammed. Such a saw has to be repaired, since all other parts are normal.
Many firms deliberately inflate the cost of spare parts to buy new models. For chainsaws and trimmers, for example, from Stihl, there are a wider range of spare parts than on Husqvarna. Therefore, when choosing a certain model, find out how things are with spare parts.
Do-it-yourself chainsaw repair how to fix a chainsaw yourself? Common chainsaw malfunctions
The chainsaw is a tool that neither builders, nor rescuers, nor ordinary summer residents can do without. The former need a chainsaw for the construction of structures, the manufacture of scaffolding, the latter often have to use this tool to rescue drivers who have been involved in an accident. Gardeners Amateurs buy chainsaws for preparing firewood for a bath, pruning overgrown tree branches. Sometimes the tools do not withstand a large-scale work front and simply break. Is an ordinary user like you and me able to find the problem and fix the chainsaw on their own? What chainsaw malfunctions can you fix yourself? This article will help to answer the questions posed.
Any chainsaw, whether it is a European brand (Stihl, ECHO, Husqvarna) or a domestic manufacturer (Ural, Kedr, etc.), has the same appearance. This is a body, inside of which there is an engine and a fuel tank, on the outside there is a handle (an additional one may be present), a starter, a saw bar with a chain. With a sharp jerk of the cable, the engine starts to work, the saw blade comes into action.
However, there are several situations where this does not happen. In these cases, you will observe the following picture:
There can be many reasons for this. Let’s deal with each of them separately.
1. If you are faced with the fact that the chainsaw is stuck inside an impressive log, do not panic and try to pull it out so the saw bar may be damaged, and the whole tool may become inoperative. Turn it off, wait for the blade to come to a complete stop, and carefully lift the bar out of the cut. Blunt chain links may be the reason for this. In this case, just replace the saw blade with a new one.
2. Sometimes our simple forgetfulness can be a problem. Be sure to check the presence of fuel in the tank before turning on, because this may be the reason that the saw will not start!
serious problems include a faulty carburetor. To see if it is in working order, unscrew the spark plug. If it is dry, or, conversely, too wet, carbon deposits are present on it, this indicates improper carburetor regulation. Set it up correctly. Do not forget also that the gap between the electrodes in the candle should be 0.5-0.65 mm. If this is not the case, this may also cause the tool to fail.
The ignition system can also sometimes fail to diagnose it, unscrew the spark plug, put the cover with the contact on it and pull the cable again. If there is no spark, perhaps the problem lies in the ignition unit.
3. Do not forget that 2-stroke saws work on the so-called N. Fuel mixture, not pure gasoline. If you have just such a chainsaw, observe the proportions when preparing the mixture, the correct ratio of gasoline and oil in a particular model is indicated in the instructions. Otherwise the engine will not receive the necessary lubrication and the saw will stall.
4. Lack of power (or half-force operation) can be caused by poor condition of the piston rings. If they dangle freely enough inside the cylinder (this can be checked by slightly shaking the part), it’s time to purchase spare parts.
As we can see, anyone who is in the slightest degree familiar with this tool and the principle of its functioning can independently establish the problem and cope with its solution. However, if you do not have technical education and skills in working with a chainsaw, it is better to entrust the repair to professional specialists. So you can protect yourself from the consequences of wrong actions, prevent many disastrous results and save money on buying a new tool.
DIY petrol trimmer repair
The presence of a gasoline trimmer significantly simplifies life for those who often have to mow the grass around the house or in the garden, as well as harvest hay for animals. However, the simplicity of operation does not exclude the occurrence of malfunctions, moreover, the complexity of the mechanism entails the complexity of repair. And service imposes additional costs on the tool.
In order to prolong the life of the tool, preventive measures are necessary. So, for example, do not overload the device, every time after 15 minutes, take a 10-minute rest. Do not neglect the rules of operation and do not mow the grass, the height of which exceeds the permissible level. If a breakdown has occurred, do not rush to contact the service department, inspect the device to identify the cause, maybe it is really possible to repair the gasoline trimmer with your own hands, especially if you have some skill in working with equipment.
- How to find breakdown symptoms
- Frequent malfunctions
- Causes of breakdowns and repair methods
- Self-repair recommendations
- New petrol trimmers
First, let’s find out how to independently find the cause of the device malfunction, then talk about why these breakdowns occur and how to fix it.
How to find breakdown symptoms
Despite the fact that the gasoline trimmer is a complex device, some breakdowns can be found and easily fixed without the help of a service center or a technician.
Here are some ways to diagnose a breakdown at home:
- First, check the spark, as without it there will be no ignition. If there is no spark, then the problem is in the spark plug, or in the ignition itself;
- Also, if the plug is dry, then fuel supply repair or carburetor cleaning is probably needed;
- If the spark plug is filled with fuel, wipe it dry and try to start the tool again;
- If everything is in order, but the tool does not work, then the problem is most likely in the engine. If you do not know how to fix this part of the tool, then it is better to take the gasoline trimmer to the service.
Of course, we all want to save money on the services of a master, but do not forget that they take money for their unique knowledge and experience that allow them to fix the trimmer with a 100% guarantee.
In order to wonder as rarely as possible how to repair an engine, carburetor or gasoline trimmer gearbox with your own hands, do not purchase uncommon models, because. It will be extremely difficult to find details for them, and from official dealers do not always correspond to the possibilities of buyers. If you are a beginner in working with complex technical products, then it is better to contact the service department for help, because K. Self-tuning the carburetor, for example, can further lead to combustion of the entire piston system. In addition, some parts cannot be repaired at all, and the whole unit is subject to replacement; in this case, hand-made repairs will not make sense. Also, do not rush to open the tool case if it is under warranty.
To help, we can suggest that you contact the services of a trimmer repairman, who can be found on one of the sites, for example, pro.Ru LINK (do not forget to select your city). At least if the repair of the tool is carried out by a master, you can be sure of the result.
Causes of breakdowns and repair methods
If, for example, the tool stalls right after the factory or does not start at all, then pay attention to the ignition system:
- Remove the candle. If there are traces of a gasoline-oil mixture on it, then the problem is caused by adjusting the carburetor. Violation of the cold start rules in the form of pumping fuel also leads to the throwing of the spark plug, and the poor quality of the gasoline used leaves a thick layer of black carbon. In these cases, the replacement of this part will be required. If the spark plug is dry, then the malfunction is related to the fuel supply.
- Dirt build-up in the gas tank clogs the supply hose. Disconnect it if the fuel does not flow, then the fault is in the clogged filter or breather, which is cleaned with a needle, but the first one must be completely changed from time to time to avoid complications. It is advisable to do this every 3 months.
- In addition, in gasoline trimmers, it is often necessary to replace the air filter, because If it gets clogged, the fuel mixture is not enriched enough.
Now a few recommendations to help you fix the breakage and repair the tool yourself.
If you make a list of the breakdowns that owners of gasoline trimmers most often encounter, then it will turn out like this:
- Broken barbell;
- Fuel supply;
- Air filter;
Below we will try to help those who want to fix the gasoline trimmer with their own hands, using available tools.
Check the petrol trimmer plug is it dry or in fuel?