Respirator For Working With Angle Grinder
Today it is difficult to imagine the work of locksmiths, repairmen and other similar professions without an angle grinder. This tool is actively used for cutting various materials, grinding sections and other actions. The more nozzles in it, the more universal functions it has.
How to work safely with an angle grinder
angle grinder is an indispensable tool, but also the most traumatic. That is why it is necessary to know and abide by the rules of safe operation.
Without following the rules, this tool becomes extremely dangerous, therefore it is better not to work with it while intoxicated, very tired or not enough sleep. All of these conditions lead to incompetence and negligence, which can entail danger.
Before starting work, it is recommended to prepare all the necessary protective equipment. Mandatory must have at hand special glasses and a casing. Sparks can get into the face, and especially in the eyes, resulting in personal injury.
Without protection of the face and eyesight, in particular, working with the tool is prohibited.
The casing is necessary for the organization of protection between the instrument itself and the person. Protective gloves should also be worn. In the process, hands are absolutely close to the drive. And this means that all particles, sparks and scale will fly on them. The best way to protect your hands is to use thick gloves or genuine leather gloves.
Protective gloves protect the skin of the hands.
Before working with the unit, it is necessary to prepare the following elements and devices:
- Glasses or a mask (preferably the second option);
- Respirator or vacuum cleaner;
- Protective clothing that covers all parts of the body;
- Necessary nozzles that are allowed to be used according to the instructions.
Having prepared all these items, you can begin to work directly with an angle grinder.
Features of work
Using this tool requires a few recommendations.
- It is necessary to hold the tool with both hands during operation. This will allow for a possible reverse impact to hold it and minimize its displacement.
- Work should only be done on a flat surface without a sense of loss of balance.
The angle grinder is held only with two hands, otherwise the risk of injury increases.
- The power cord is located on the opposite side of the drive to prevent damage. A cut cord can not only lead to a shock wave of the unit, but also cause a short circuit.
- The tool holds firmly in his hands until his disc stops completely.
- To change the place of cutting, you must turn off the angle grinder. Otherwise, surrounding objects may be accidentally touched.
- In the event of a power outage, it is imperative to disconnect the tool itself from the network. This is done so that when power is supplied, he does not start work without operator control.
- The work process to a large extent heats the discs, so after turning off the angle grinder you can’t touch them until they cool completely.
How to cut an angle grinder
Cutting tiles, metal, stone and concrete is necessary in different circles, designed for a specific material.
How to cut a concrete angle grinder (Video)
For cutting concrete to a shallow depth, you can use an angle grinder with a diamond sintered and segmented disk with a diameter of 105-125 mm. At the same time, working with the material requires compliance with some rules:
- Using an ordinary spray gun to spray water directly on the furrow, this will reduce the amount of dust.
- Spray water onto the disc itself if there is no current source nearby. The fact is that diamond discs heat up quickly, water will not only cool them, but also extend their service life.
- If spraying liquid onto the disc is not possible, cooling can be done with air. Regularly it is worth removing the disk from the slice and allowing it to work in the air.
How to cut tiles (Video)
Video: Respirator For Working With Angle Grinder
Mistakes made in the work can cost not only material damage, but also health.
If there is no tile cutter at hand, you can use an angle grinder to cut tiles and tiles. This will require a diamond-coated grinding wheel for wet or dry cutting. The first option is used for long-term work, the second is preferred for creating a small cut.
Before cutting, it is important to carry out a thorough inspection of the machine and securely fasten all parts. For your own safety, gloves, a mask or goggles should be used.
How to cut a stone
Cutting diamond blade is designed to work with this material. It is a circle with segments necessary for cooling. Such discs are strong enough and can serve for a long time, but if used correctly. It is not necessary to work continuously with a stone, diamond spraying will become worthless after 3-5 minutes. To prevent this from happening, it is necessary to cut the stone for no more than 1 min, and then remove the disk from the furrow and let it stop.
How to cut metal (Video)
The protective cover is able to protect the operator in case of damage to the disk.
If you need to work with metal, but do not have the appropriate skills, it is better to practice on unnecessary metal products. In general, it is necessary to observe a number of recommendations:
- It is safe to apply only radial forces to the circle. Changing the plane during the cutting process will cause it to break and create a risk of injury.
- It is recommended to cut this material using the lower half of the disk (in particular, its proximal part).
- For long-term operation of the unit, it is necessary to take a half-hour break every 5 minutes.
- It is possible to cool the disks and thereby extend their service by a small watering of the cut-off place with water.
- When working with aluminum, drip kerosene onto the slice (if the sheet is thick).
How to cut pipes (Video)
If it is necessary to work with pipes of large length mounted on supports, then their hanging edge should be cut. If this process is carried out between the supports, then the pipes will begin to bend under their own weight, which will lead to jamming of the disk.
In the process, it’s not worth a lot of effort to put on the tool. This can cause overheating of the device itself, as well as damage to the disk. After the cut has been made, a special disk is used to process it, but not the one used to cut the pipes.
The grinding process should be carried out using cut-off wheels of normal thickness. Their choice directly depends on the processed material.
Grinding wood (Video)
Grinding a wooden surface using an angle grinder involves three steps:
- Preliminary preparation. If traces of varnish or paint are present on the surface, they must be removed before sanding. This will require an angle grinder with a special peeling nozzle.
- Coarse grinding. For this stage it is necessary to use grinding and polishing wheels. If there are none in the arsenal, you can take a regular disk and fix an emery wheel to it.
- Fine grinding. If such a grinding is necessary on a wooden surface, for its organization it is enough to put an emery wheel on the disk nulevka.
Grinding concrete (Video)
Grinding a concrete surface can be done in two ways:
- Dry grinding method. It is a fairly lengthy procedure, during which a large amount of dust is generated, so it is necessary to use a respirator to protect the respiratory tract.
- Wet grinding method. It is usually used for processing flooring from mosaics or marble chips, less often for concrete. It helps to get the perfect surface, which in appearance is equal to polished.
Metal Grinding (Video)
A metal surface will require a flap or abrasive wheel. The first option is used for high-quality grinding of an already smooth surface, since it is not within its power to eliminate solid irregularities. The second option is able to eliminate protrusions on a metal surface (welds or burrs left after cutting). High-quality work can be obtained only by combining these two discs.
How to choose an angle grinder (Video)
The right choice angle grinder is the key to high-quality and durable tool operation. Therefore, the acquisition process must be taken quite seriously, paying attention to its main parameters: the diameter of the cutting disc and power.
Most often, buyers are afraid to purchase professional models, choosing units with low power. However, this is completely unreasonable! The fact is that it is precisely on machines with low power that drive jamming often happens when the device simply cannot pull it out.
Professional models are safer to manage than low-power ones.
Therefore, for beginners, the best choice is a tool with a power of 900-1000 W, with a spindle speed of about 10,000 rpm and with 125 mm discs. Such technical characteristics make it possible to cut iron.
To work with metal surfaces, it is better to use models that are designed for a 115 mm disk and are powered by a battery. However, as practice shows, their considerable cost does not always justify itself in domestic use.
If the selected model is suitable for you according to its technical characteristics, but it is inconvenient to keep it in the process of work, you should think about another option.
How to select discs (Video)
Before selecting the discs for the tool, you need to know exactly what purpose they will be used for. Already on the basis of this knowledge we can talk about their thickness and diameter. The smallest disc diameter is 125 mm, the largest. 250 mm (for professional models, this value may be higher). The thickness of the workpiece, as well as the depth of the cut itself, will depend on this value.
The disk should be designed for the material to be worked on, the correct choice of disk is the key to successful work
If you need to purchase an angle grinder for metal, then it will be more expedient to choose a special cutting disc. In household models, its thickness can vary between 1-1.2 mm, in industrial. up to 2.5 mm. Thus, the cuts will come out neat and the physical load, both on the operator and on the tool itself, will be minimal.
The right tool and compliance with all safety standards is the key to success. So at first glance, a dangerous angle grinder turns into an indispensable assistant, both in everyday life and in the professional field.