Seeder for beets on a tiller do it yourself
Advantages of the press
The hay picking machine is considered one of the most popular among modern farmers, which is not surprising, because it:
- has convenient settings;
- carries out gentle baling;
- does not crumble the plant mass;
- provides the ability to form rolls of small sizes, which can be transported even by a person alone;
- easy to repair due to the simplicity of the mechanism;
- can be created at home.
The structure of a baler on a tiller can be seen in the following diagram.
frame; feeding conveyor; 3. rollers; 4. anterior chamber; 5, 6, 7. working conveyors of the anterior chamber; 8. pressing chamber; 9. belt working element; 10. tensioner; 11. pressure sensor; 12. stitching device; 13. supporting weights; 14. support rollers; 15. driving drum; 16. press chamber body; 17. support rollers; 18. electric motor; 19. safety clutch; 20. reducer.
Most of these objects are created for large and heavy mini-tractors, therefore, purchased presses are not particularly suitable for a motoblock system, because it is rather difficult for the unit to pull a bulky part and supply it with a lot of energy. Therefore, inventive craftsmen decided to build a practical hay press for the tiller with their own hands.
What is needed to create roll-to-roll additional equipment?
- Lobovin. It acts as a fastener to the traction mechanism, as well as a “foundation” for assembling units;
- The undercarriage must be supplemented with a base for a bale chamber on 2 wheels;
- Pick-up that collects ready-made hay;
- A casing chamber having a cylindrical shape and a pressing device;
- Cardan drive with small gearbox.
The pressing apparatus is regarded as one of the most important parts. Considerable attention is paid to the fact that the tractor itself (tiller) is quite powerful to fulfill the task assigned to it.
Baler for tiller
Tiller round balers make the agronomist’s job much easier. With their help, a person simplifies the difficult process of collecting dried grass from the field. What’s more, the device rolls it into tight rolls that are much easier to transport and save.
We do the press step by step
- To begin with, you need to assemble the base on 2 pneumatic wheels;
- The aforementioned pick-up with a special conveyor and a forehead is mounted on it;
- Separately, the press chamber is installed (the clamping grid and rollers are attached below, and a plate on the spring is attached above);
- Then you need to assemble the drive, which drives the functioning parts of the unit. To do this, connect the 2-speed gearbox to the cardan;
- On the baler itself, the baler owner can install large gears for better compaction.
There is no need to hope that the resulting device will be completely identical to the factory one, but its performance will be very high, even though in some cases the roll may not be very dense.
Homemade Tiller Shovel
The tiller often acts as a bulldozer, leveling the ground, as well as clearing sidewalks or roads from snow and mud. For it is equipped with a shovel blade.
A homemade shovel is made for a tiller without any difficulties if you have an “angle grinder”, a drill and a welding machine on your farm.
You will not have to look for a suitable metal for a long time, since an ordinary two hundred liter steel barrel is suitable for making a shovel-blade. By carefully cutting it into three pieces, you get three curved segments for the shovel. Having welded two of them along the contour, you get a shovel. A blade with a metal thickness of 3 mm, which is quite enough for the required rigidity of the blade-blade.
Homemade gadgets for the tiller, description, video, photo
The first thoughts to make homemade devices for the tiller, appears after the need to transport goods, so I started an epic with useful devices for the tiller and was the first to make a homemade trailer trailer.
Making a homemade disc hiller for a tiller
We begin to make a homemade disc hiller for a tiller by looking for covers from steel pans that are unnecessary in the household (better not enameled, but just metal). The required diameter is about 40-50 cm, taking into account the fact that the depth of potato roots germination into the ground is not more than 15-20 cm. Next, we sharpen the blades of the covers, and in our case they are already the disks of the hiller, on a grinding machine. If the covers are flat, then they are slightly bent to one side with a hammer.
Further, in order to make a convenient hiller, you need to make a cart, to which the disks that move the soil will be attached. It can be a structure of pipes and bushings; we attach small support wheels to its lower frame.
After that, you can proceed to testing such a hiller right on the potato plot of the garden.
How to make a homemade tiller blade
The tiller can serve as a bulldozer for leveling the ground, cleaning sidewalks or roads from dirt and snow. To do this, you need to make a homemade dump on the tiller, as a rule, sheet metal with a thickness of 1-2 mm is used. Inside the dump, four steel ribs (stiffeners) are welded from a sheet with a thickness of 3-4 mm.
Holes are drilled in them in place to fasten the blade with the rods in a strictly vertical position with respect to the front end of the tiller. It is also better to sheathe the bottom of the blade with tin, so that it does not burrow into the ground.
- 1. dump sheet (tin);
- 2. rack 4pcs (stiffeners);
- 3. the bottom sheet of the dump (tin);
- 4. knife; 5. tie rod eye.
Homemade rake for tiller
If you wish, you can easily make a homemade rake for the tiller. For a wide hay rake, you can use conventional water pipes with different diameters. You will need to put a special sleeve on the round rod, and then tap its surface, slightly twisting.
When making, a round rod is best suited. Most of the parts of the rake are fastened with electric welding, since this method is simple, and at the same time a reliable design is obtained.
Greater design simplicity can be achieved if the swivel parts on the axles are fixed without rolling bearings.
It is better to fold the hay rake to the tiller, as this will simplify their transportation.
How to make a homemade plow for a tiller correctly
Do I need to make a plow for a tiller if you don’t have special metalworking skills? Yes, it’s worth it. The design of this agricultural tool is quite simple and therefore it is right for everyone to make a homemade plow for the tiller.
Before proceeding with the implementation of your idea, you need to look through the previous posts on our website, where we described the manufacturing process in detail with drawings.
Professional tools are best suited for work, they will allow you to perform all technological operations with your own hands at the required level and at the same time maintain their quality. An amateur tool for this kind of work is unsuitable because its level of strength is insufficient to perform some of the operations.
Convenient homemade seeder to the tiller
Conventionally, seeders for tillers are divided according to the number of simultaneously sown rows. from 1 to 5, vegetable seeders and precision seeders are also distinguished.
Vegetable seeders are used for dotted sowing of vegetables: carrots, onions, beets. The device for feeding the seeds is driven by the support-drive wheels of the sections. In addition, the rotational speed of the apparatus is regulated by replaceable sprockets.
Seed drills for vegetable precision seeding have a brush seeding device. In such a device, a rotating brush agitates a layer of seeds in the hopper so that they are poured into an opening located in its rear wall. The hole is closed by a rotary disc with holes of different diameters. By turning the disc, you can change the size of the holes and thus change the seeding rate.
A homemade seeder to the tiller is usually connected to the tiller using a universal coupler, thanks to which the tiller can be equipped with two-row and four-row seeders.
We do homemade products to the tiller with our own hands
For quick and high-quality soil cultivation, you need to make homemade “crow’s feet” cutters for the tiller, which will mix the soil to a sufficient depth and break up hard clods.
A homemade tiller rake is also a useful attachment. It is most correct to have several rakes of such different types.
A homemade hiller for a tiller will also be needed by every gardener. The hiller will allow the formation of even and high ridges on all beds with root crops.
A homemade tiller blade will make it easier to remove snow and sand from the land, create good conditions for further soil cultivation.
Seeder for beets on a tiller do it yourself
DIY seeders and planters (video selection)
Seeder do it yourself
We show in detail the device for planting radishes and granulated carrots.
Two radish planting tools. Seeder “Spider”
DIY manual seeder with metering sleeve
Unlike the previous homemade seeder, it uses a metering sleeve and a larger seed hopper.
Seeds of normal size, that is, large seeds, are gripped by the sleeve when rotating into the seed holes. The dose in this case corresponds to the seeding rate.
The outer edges of the seed sleeve were processed to one level and blind holes were drilled on the outside every 90 degrees for seeds. The depth and diameter of the holes should correspond to the level of its filling with a certain amount of seeds corresponding to the type of culture
For example: corn is filled with two or three seeds, beans. one seed, peas. one or two. The number of seed s depends on the seed crop. That is, the seeding density of a crop in a row depends on the number of blind holes on the outside of the sleeve.
Together with the seed hopper, the seeding unit is attached to the frame of the garden unit with three struts and the unit works as a manual seeder.
The device on the device is located in such a way that the seeds from the sowing device fall into the opener without getting stuck in the seed tube. Convenient view of the coulter and discs during sowing.
Homemade seeder do it yourself precision seeding
Homemade planter and digger
The productivity of the planter is 20 acres in 1 hour. Digger productivity 10 rows in 1 hour.
Manual potato planter
This is the kind of potato planter my neighbor made. And I was the first who tried to plant potatoes with it.
The impressions are positive: there is no load on the back, plus the landing speed has increased. What I planted last year in two days with a pitchfork, this year I planted in 3 and a half hours. And not any calluses and a torn back.
The only condition. so that the ground is soft, for example, after processing with a tiller))) On short rows, what you need.
Easy Beet Planting with the Hoss Garden Seeder
Homemade seeder to tiller
The sowing coil is made of plastic plumbing, thick-walled pipe, outer diameter 40mm, wall thickness 7mm. I have several spools, with certain holes for different seeds. Holes (recesses) should never be through. Alfalfa. a depth of 2-2.5 mm, and for cereals, almost the entire thickness. Wall thickness 7mm. It would be ideal to replace this pipe with a whole round timber. As an option. a pipe of a smaller diameter can be glued inside the pipe.
Seeder for a tiller do it yourself
Making a universal seeder for a tiller with your own hands does not take much time. This structure consists of several main parts:
- a pair of wheels;
- sowing roller;
- two bearings;
- seed box;
- handles with bracket;
- pairs of brackets for fixing the opener.
The seed box is made of planks (up to 15 mm). The structure is closed with steel overhead bottoms. Longitudinal and transverse walls are fastened with self-tapping screws, steel corners and spikes. At the bottom of the walls, 15 mm thick wood strips are attached.
Semicircular cutouts are made in the linings and on the walls. They are designed to fit the seeding roller. Mounting brackets are pre-mounted on them.
In the inclined bottoms, rubber plates are fixed for dropping seeds from the cells.
The diameter of the wheels of the universal seeder for the tiller is 200 mm. The size of the hubs is 60 mm, holes are provided in them equal to the diameter of the roller.
To create the opener, 1.5 mm steel is used. It is fixed to the brackets.
The planting depth of the seeds is adjusted by re-securing the opener in the holes on the bracket.
Another bracket is fixed to the back of the seed box. It provides a connection of a homemade construction with a tiller. For a better understanding of the algorithm for making a seeder with your own hands, see the drawing.
Seeders for a tiller: how to make a planter with your own hands
Many farmers ask how to make a tiller seeder. In modern agriculture, motor-cultivators are increasingly used, which are supplied with various devices and designs. These tools include tiller grain seeders.
The tiller seeder is designed to evenly distribute cultivated seeds in the ground. The type and type of structures resemble those of a tractor, only several times less.
How seeders work
The chain transmission system is aggregated with the rear wheels of the equipment. The seed hopper holds the crop volume over several rows or beds. Some models have a separate container for each row. Often the seeds are mixed with some kind of filler or fertilizer.
The vegetable seeders are equipped with special brushes that loosen the seeds. There is a disc at the exit from the container, which opens the hole for the exit of the culture.
Designs, as a rule, are suitable for almost any cultivator, for example, the tiller Neva, Oka, etc.
Tiller seeders are quite convenient in the sense that the speed of planting the crop can be adjusted in advance. This is a big plus for planters for motor cultivators and other units. Another plus is that this tool can be installed on any type of tiller.
For planters, there is a classification of sowing methods:
- dotted (exact);
For different types of seeds, different models are used: vegetable, grain, universal. But for some cultures, there is still an exception. These are the seeds of sunflower, corn and beans. Most often they use a bunker system, but sometimes they resort to vacuum ones, which are used as mini-pneumatic planters.
Vacuum seeder. it is pneumatic, precision seeder, dotted. The vacuum seeder for the tiller is SVTV 4-8. Its purpose is to sow vegetables and grains. Initially, the design is designed for 4 rows, but it can be converted into an eight-row one without drastically changing the unit.
Pneumatic seeders are used to work with weighted tillers. The set includes 4 removable drums that can sow 2 rows each. You can plant both small grains and large ones, for example, corn. Sowing depth. up to 10 cm, row width. up to 70 cm.
Homemade garlic planter for tiller is used for planting bulbous species (garlic, tulip, onion). Farmers also use this seeder for vegetables. CTB is an excellent garlic planter. SV-6, SVTV 4-8. these models are vacuum. There is a special garlic planter specifically for garlic. The design includes small spoons that pick up the onion and guide it directly into the furrow, which is prepared in advance.
But on some models there are no plates with which the wheels burrow into the soil and compact it. However, this attribute can be made by hand.
DIY garlic planter for a tiller
In order to make a garlic planter for a tiller with your own hands, you will need:
- wooden boards (metal tools add extra weight to the unit, making the tiller’s work heavier);
- brush wheel (driven by a chain drive);
- a shaft with a chain attached to the front wheels of the cultivator;
- metal layer.
It is necessary to build a box from the boards, which will later be a bunker. A wheel with seeds is installed behind the box. It can be adjusted to fit the seeding size.
A metal plate is attached to the bottom frame of the garlic planter, which plows the ground under the rows. The plate digs trenches for planting garlic. This type of planter can be considered universal.
The homemade version of the garlic seeder for the tiller is quick and easy to assemble. But for the accuracy of the assembly, you need to use drawings and diagrams. They indicate the exact dimensions and diameters of the unit, and this will increase the accuracy of seeding.
Step-by-step instructions for creating a garlic planter for a tiller with your own hands are presented in the video. Tiller seeders have occupied an honorable place among agricultural equipment for many years. With their help, row planting of garlic, wheat, corn, rye, lentils and other crops is carried out.
It is advisable to use a manual seeder in medium to small areas. For a large plot of land, it is advisable to use a self-made seeder for a tiller. Any of these devices optimizes the sowing process, and improves the uniformity of seedlings.
Depending on the plants that are planted, there are several groups of seeders:
- Combined. Have special devices for applying fertilizers to the soil.
- Universal. For planting various crops.
- Special. Sowing certain plants.
Having studied the algorithm of actions according to the presented drawings, you can make sure that it will not be difficult to make a seeder yourself. The use of this agricultural device will save the strength of the gardener, increase labor productivity and improve the quality of sowing.
Seeder for tiller SM-6
This seeder is used for row planting of small grains and vegetables. Number of planter rows. 6. CM-6 can also plant corn. Seeder for tiller CM-6 plants crops accurately enough. Achieve maximum accuracy from this tool by using double regulation.
You can change the number of seeds when sowing, the depth and width of the sowing. For a better harvest, it is advised to combine planting with sowing cereals, bran, and other small seeds. The corn seeder CM-6 is suitable for the tiller Neva, which is the most common cultivator.
The self-made seeding planter is connected to the tiller with the machine in several ways:
- Using the AM-2 adapter, the machine can handle up to 10 hectares.
- With the help of one motor-cultivator, it is capable of sowing more than 10 acres.
- By hand pull. But such a unit can sow only 5 acres.
Above, the mechanisms for planting garlic are disassembled: the principle of operation, how to assemble it with your own hands. But there is no detailed description of a planter for a tiller of a crop such as corn. Seeders are an add-on tool for attachments. That is, it will be enough to add a grain metering hopper to the main hitch, and the seeder is ready to the tiller with your own hands.
You can use a potato planter as the main hitch. Its principle is based on an exact fit in several rows, it remains only to add a hopper with rotating discs that open a hole for grain.
Do-it-yourself planter for a tiller is not particularly difficult to assemble. You just need to be smart and open the drawings, choosing the necessary dimensions for the equipment.
Dear summer residents, and which homemade seeder design for a tiller seems most convenient to you?
Seeder for garlic tiller
This type of equipment allows sowing seeds of garlic and other crops whose seeds are medium in size. The garlic planter for the tiller has diameter-adjustable inlet and outlet openings, which makes it possible to use such a device directly for sowing a number of other agricultural plants.
The main advantages of this kind of household appliances include durability, wide functionality and the ability to adjust for work in specific conditions.
How to make a seeder for a tiller with your own hands?
In order for a homemade seeder for an existing tiller to be balanced and multifunctional, you should strictly adhere to a certain scheme. The drawings used should promptly suggest the dimensions of the parts and how to install them in the overall structure.
After studying the drawings, you should proceed directly to the assembly of equipment with your own hands:
- First you need to make a frame. It can be made from pipes or iron strips welded to each other in the shape of the letter P;
- A hopper should be installed on top of the frame and bolted;
- Inside the hopper, you need to place a seeding mechanism, which will need to be installed on 2 sliding bearings;
- Next, you need to take a pipe, which will play the role of an axis, and put 3 undamaged discs on it. The latter must be installed at the same distance;
- Further, in each of the discs, 12 holes must be drilled into which the planted seeds will be placed. During the movement of the seeder, the disks will pass through the hopper, and the seeds will fall into the holes, after which the disks will direct them into the furrows preset opposite the disks;
- At the back of the frame made, a special bar should be installed, which will embed seeds into the soil;
- From the bottom, you need to attach 3 wheels to the frame. details about the assembly of the seeder for the tiller will be described in the video.
In the process of using a homemade seeder, the seeding coil will rotate under the action of the bicycle chain. This will make the perforated discs move. In this case, the seeds, after falling into the holes made earlier, will be transported into the furrows, after which they will begin to fall out into the ground. At the same time, the bar at the back will embed the seed into the soil.
How the seeder works on a tiller?
The chain transmission of the seeder paired with the rear wheel provided in its design is the most important working mechanism of the equipment. The seed drill hopper is preliminarily designed for simultaneous sowing in an area with a width of two to five rows made. Larger planters or modular implements have a separate hopper for each row. When sowing, small seeds, such as carrot seeds, should be mixed with fillers in the form of bran or boiled cereals. However, the seeds should not be mixed with sand, as it will only damage the structure of delicate seeds.
Each vegetable seeder is pre-equipped with a brush for loosening the planted seeds. In the process of rotation of the support-drive wheels, the brush is driven, which agitates the seeds. This allows the seeds to flow more evenly into the hole in the rear of the existing seed drill hopper. The outlet in the hopper is closed with a special rotary disc, which can have different diameters. The size of the outlet can also be different. this allows you to sow seeds of different cultivated plants, as well as plant several seeds at the same time.
The drill is designed to preset the sowing depth and speed as well as the number of seeds to be planted. Another great advantage. the seeder can be used with any tiller, regardless of its class.
Seeders for tiller
A seeder is a type of attachment designed for planting crop seeds. Its presence and active use allows sowing large areas, saving a lot of time and effort for the farmer.
Seeder maize for tiller
This fixture has large and usually non-adjustable inlets and outlets. Among the advantages of such seeders, experts point out an excellent balance, which makes this equipment more stable on uneven surfaces.
Among the main advantages of such seeders, experts emphasize ease of use and compactness.
Types and features of seeders for tillers
Depending on the type of seed intended for sowing, seeders for tillers are divided into several types. Such a classification is necessary, first of all, so that the buyer can determine the most suitable equipment for his needs.
Tiller bean seeder
This kind of device has wide non-adjustable inlet and outlet openings, as well as a spacious hopper.
The main advantages of seeders for leguminous crops are endurance and long periods of practical use.
According to the designation of crops, the following types of seeders are distinguished:
- Universal. They are suitable for cereals, legumes, oilseeds and bast crops, that is, they can plant any plant with high quality;
- Special. Such devices are designed to work with certain crops. There are corn, linseed, cotton, vegetable, beet and other options;
- Combined. The devices are placed in the soil not only seeds, but also fertilizers.
It is worth noting that precision planters for tillers are considered the most common and popular.
over, we are talking specifically about devices with a disc coulter, because thanks to them, the drop point of the seeds and the point for determining the seeding depth are located almost on the same mowing line.
This contributes to the maximum copying of the relief features and seed placement at the same depth.
To carry out a variety of work on personal plots, people prefer versatile options, while professional farmers use highly targeted aggregates. over, many craftsmen are trying with their own hands to create a corn seeder for a tiller (or grain) that performs a task no worse than factory models.
Seeders for tiller: a typology
The features of the adaptation depend on the economic needs, therefore, today 5 types can be distinguished for the introduction of seed:
- Nesting. In the process of sowing, the device places the seeds in a nesting way;
- Scattered. Seed material is evenly scattered over the entire area;
- Privates. There is a combination of row sowing and seed placement;
- Square-nested. Thanks to such tillers, sowing occurs along the previously designated rectangles;
- Precise seeding (dotted). Seed bulbs are placed at a certain distance in a wide row.
Seeders for tilers: types and how to do it yourself
tillers are reliable assistants in agricultural and land work, and their productivity is significantly increased thanks to specialized types of additional equipment.
Tiller planters help to plant multiple crops evenly, achieving the desired grain density.
Today, many companies offer absolutely various types of these devices for purchase, so it is important to familiarize yourself with the types and choose the most profitable option for your device. over, you should not exclude the possibility of creating a seeder with your own hands, which, oddly enough, with a competent approach, the presence of parts and drawings is an easy task.
Homemade seeder for tiller: manufacturing features
In order to obtain a truly practical device upon completion of all the necessary procedures, you must:
- Two running wheels;
- Seed box;
- Screws and nails;
- Steel sheets;
- Rubber plates;
- Sowing roller;
- Self-tapping screws, spikes, steel corners;
- Two bearings and brackets.
The process itself is simple, but requires maximum concentration, so you need to pay attention to the following features:
- A seed box can be crafted from planks (wood) (no more than 15 mm thick);
- To close them from the bottom side, you can use steel overhead bottoms (1 mm thick);
- The walls themselves are connected using self-tapping screws, iron corners and spikes;
- From the bottom of the walls of the box, thanks to nails, wooden lining is mounted (15 mm thick);
- The process of placing the seeding roller in the walls and linings is accompanied by the creation of cutouts (semicircular shape). Using screws, carefully screw the mounting brackets to the linings;
- Special rubber plates, which are placed in the inclined bottoms, facilitate the loss of seeds from the cells;
- Wheels of the created grain seeder for tiller (or corn) have hubs of 60 mm;
- Special holes are created in the hubs (the diameter is similar to the seeding roller);
- The opener can be made from a sheet of iron and then attached to the brackets;
- You can adjust the depth to which the seeds will be placed by re-securing the opener in the special holes;
- On the rear wall of the seed box, a bracket can be adapted to serve as a “connecting link” between the device and the tiller.
Seeders for mini tractors: several options for useful homemade products
Let’s start with a simpler option.
Seeders for mini tractors
Seeders for mini tractors are a kind of attachment adapters for a mini tractor for mechanized sowing of agricultural crops. seeds, cereals and vegetables. This hitch can be aggregated with mini tractors, the power of which is not less than 12 hp.
All of them are installed on a mini-tractor through a three-point suspension, which is currently provided in most domestic and foreign modifications.
How they work, what they are and how you can make them yourself, we will consider in this article.
Basic version for beginners
- we take the disk blanks, the photo of which is given below, and evenly connect them to the axis. It will be enough and 3 pieces of discs;
- the rim of any disc is drilled with an electric drill 12 times. these will be blanks for future seed nests. It can be made in the form of a box made of plywood or chipboard;
- on top of the structure, we adapt the grain storage. the bunker, where the planting material will be filled.
- we make a seeding device. you can make it from a wooden shaft, opened with a moisture-proof varnish, which will be held on 2 bearings;
- we adapt the wheels to the seeder. you can use unnecessary bicycles and wheelchairs;
- we make a U-shaped supporting frame. it is advisable to take a strip iron. Frame dimensions 525 x 115 mm;
- we fasten the bunker with bolted ties.
When the self-made seeder is moved over the cultivated area through the tensioned chain from the old bicycle, the rotation of the seeding unit is initiated. The seeds, which are in the hopper, go first into the cells, and then into the hopper for removal. Suitable for any mini tractor for cereals and legumes.
Classification of seeders for motor tractors
The main distribution is based on the characteristics of the planter. It happens:
Pneumatic seeders are also called seeders for mini-tractor precision seeding. the most productive devices that allow you to sow a field with minimal losses.
Depending on the landing pattern:
- scattered. resembles manual seeding;
- privates. seeds are planted in ribbons or strips;
- square-nested. the field is divided into squares, in the tops of which grains or root crops are embedded (one or several pieces);
- nesting. a couple of seeds will fall into one nest. Nests are linearly located in the beds;
- dotted. a scheme in which the holes are spaced from each other at an equal distance.
By the type of planting material:
The latter, in turn, are divided into:
- grain-grass. ideal for reclamation work on disturbed pastures or meadows;
- grain and vegetable;
- grain-fertilizers. mineral fertilizers are sealed together with grains;
- vegetable for potatoes, beets, garlic;
- small-grain. for agricultural crops with small seeds or for growing green manure plants.
Grain seeders for a mini tractor are the most common and demanded of the available models. Makes it possible to plant barley or wheat in 8 or 12 rows.
Our New Homemade Seed Sower (. And How We Got There!)
Vegetable seeders are usually designed for 2, 4 or 5 rows and are widely purchased by summer residents for spring field work.
Design features and general scheme of seeders for mini tractors
The seeders consist of:
- a frame carrying fasteners for coupling a seeder with a mini tractor;
- containers with planting material;
- a device for feeding seeds or root crops. evenly selects them from containers and feeds them into the seed tube;
- openers (most often disc-type), which cut soil layers to incorporate a particular crop at the optimum depth;
- tools that bury planted elements with earth and level the soil.
As a standard, the principle of operation of any seeder on a mini tractor looks like this:
- openers or support wheels cut future beds, the furrow depth of which can be set by the user;
- seeds fall into the groove, and in combined models. also fertilizers;
- the bed is covered with earth by one of the openers or the rear drum. If the seeder contains a special bar, the soil is leveled and will take its original shape.
The second version of the seeder for a mini tractor
You will need:
- a pair of wheels with a diameter of 20 cm and a hub. 6 cm;
- seeding roller;
- bearings and brackets (2 pcs.);
- handles with bracket.
- we knock down a box for seeds. for this we take slats or wooden blanks, which can be fastened in any convenient and reliable way. The thickness of the tree should not be less than 1.5 cm. For greater durability, it is recommended to cover the wooden walls with steel or metal plates;
- cut out rounded grooves on top of the wooden box. the seeding roller will enter them;
- installs fastening elements to the box;
- we supplement the inclined bottoms with slippery rubber strips;
- we drill holes in the hubs;
- we make the opener from sheet steel and fix it with brackets. In the latter, it is advisable to make additional holes so that it is reconfigurable.
- we connect the rear box with the mini tractor itself with a bracket.
A drawing of the resulting device is presented below. Homemade seeders for mini tractors are the result of simple actions. But even here it is necessary to observe safety precautions in order to protect yourself from unforeseen consequences.
1.3 Seeder for garlic tiller
If you want to plant garlic, onions, tulips and similar plants, which are sown with heads and bulbs, then equipment designed for vegetable crops is used. For garlic, the CTB series, small-sized SV-6 are suitable, and for large areas. vacuum SVTV 4-8.
Seeder for garlic and onion. as well as any seeds, tubers and bulbs
There are specialized seeders designed primarily for heads of garlic. At these from the common bunker, with special spoons, like dredge buckets, garlic bulbs cling to and directed into a previously created furrow. Some do not have digging plates and wheels for compacting the soil, they can be adjusted by yourself.
to the menu
1.1 Types of seeders and their features
Seeders are classified by sowing method:
- dotted (exact);
Apart from the seeding methods, the equipment differs according to the type of seeds used. There are universal, vegetable, grain; for certain crops: legumes, sunflowers, corn. Usually a mechanical design is used for the tiller, but there is also a vacuum seeder, analogous to the pneumatic one for large tractors.
Seeder for tiller Zarya 5-row
STV-2 Premium is a two-row motoblock seeder. Designed primarily for seeds of garlic, corn, vegetables and grains. CTB-2 cuts the grooves for grains, after sowing, special plates close up the soil rows, and the wheels are tamped. The last operation is needed for a closer contact between the grains and the soil. This promotes early germination and protection from rot and mildew. Tiller power for STB-2. at least 6 horsepower.
Main characteristics of STV-2 and STV-4:
- row width 160-500 mm;
- sowing depth 10-60 mm;
- capacity of each hopper 3 l.
For precise seeding in summer cottages and in greenhouses, SV-6 is used. It is specially designed for small-seeded crops (grass, vegetables, cereals), sows evenly in 6 rows. SV-6 is used in one of the following ways:
- Hand traction. In greenhouses, on plots less than 5 acres.
- One tiller. On plots less than 10 acres.
- As a trailer for attachments.
Vegetable seeder for sowing small-seeded crops SR-4
The latter option, due to its cumbersomeness and difficulty with maneuvering, is preferable for plots over 10 acres without a fence. Small-bore SV-6 does not have seeding width regulators, so the row spacing has a fixed distance of 150 mm. The total width of the cultivated land. 900 mm.
to the menu
Types of modern tiller drills
Seeders are used to distribute seeds evenly in the ground. Additional functions include soil wetting, fertilization, and insecticide addition. The seeder for the tiller is the same design as for the tractors, only in a reduced version.
However, the functionality is retained. Therefore, for small farms, summer cottages, a compact seeder for a tiller is suitable.
1 How the tiller seeder works
The chain drive in conjunction with the rear wheel is a single unit and the main mechanism of operation. The seed hopper is designed for simultaneous sowing in two to five rows of beds; large-sized or modular seeders have their own hopper for each row. Small seeds such as carrots are mixed with filler. Bran or boiled cereals are suitable for this, but in no case should sand be mixed, which damages the seeds.
Vegetable precision planters use a brush to loosen the seeds. During the operation of the support-drive wheels, the brush rotates and agitates the seeds so that they evenly pour out into the hole in the rear wall of the hopper. The outlet from the hopper is closed by a rotary disc with different diameters of through holes to regulate the size of the planted seeds. Or, with its help, 2-3 grains are planted at the same time.
Seeder to tiller
The planting speed, the number of seeds planted at a time and the planting depth are adjusted in advance. Another plus of this agricultural equipment is that it can be installed on different types of tillers, light, heavy, automatic, manual.
to the menu
1.2 Vacuum seeder for tiller
Vacuum equipment for sowing seeds SVTV 4-8 is intended for vegetable and grain crops. The basic configuration includes 4 rows, but they can be increased to 8 without disturbing the structure. It is a very accurate planter that outperforms most pneumatic models. Used in work with tillers (heavy) and mini-tractors, for example, Scout T-12.
The drums are removable, maximum 4 pieces, each capable of feeding in two rows. Characteristics:
- the size of the seeds used is from 1 to 10 mm;
- planting depth up to 100 mm;
- row spacing maximum 700 mm.
2 Seeder for a tiller do it yourself
The basis of any motoblock seeder, the bunker, is made of wooden planks or plywood. The metal will add unnecessary weight and bulkiness. Inside, a vertical brush wheel is installed to the size of the hopper, driven by a shaft connected by a chain (for example, a bicycle chain) to the front wheel.
At the back of the hopper, there is a hole closed by a wheel with seed nests of suitable size for the grain. It can be twisted to adjust the seeding speed and the size of the planting material. Through this wheel, the seeds enter the furrows mounted at the rear of the drill. A metal plate is installed at the bottom of the frame, digging a trench of the required depth in the soil. The seed burial plate is placed perpendicularly, and the rear wheel is used as a tamping roller.
Frame on the front wheel in the shape of the letter “U” with a hole for fastening several drills in one row. The frame is made of sheet metal. The seeder adapts to the Varyag tiller using a universal coupling, which allows using various types of seeders.
to the menu