Speed Adjustable Circular Saws
Manual circular saws are designed to perform straight cuts when cutting different types of materials. The tool can be used to cut boards in the transverse and longitudinal directions, as well as composite sheet materials:
- ordinary and bakelite plywood;
- chipboard and fiberboard;
- non-ferrous metals.
Circular saws with smooth speed control have an electric drive, and a disk with cutting teeth is used as a working body. The instrument is powered from a single-phase household network through a cord with a standard plug.
The article provides an overview of the three most popular models of circular saws from different manufacturers: Makita SP6000 Set, Bosch GKT 55 GCE and DeWALT DWS520K
Model Overview Makita SP6000 Set
Circular saw from the Japanese company Makita belongs to the category of professional power tools. The model SP6000 Set can be used in industrial enterprises (woodworking, furniture manufacturing and others), in construction and in everyday life. A hand-held circular saw is delivered to the consumer in a convenient plastic case, the case is convenient for storing and carrying the product. In a set:
- a disk (48 teeth) for work on wood;
- Allen key to replace the saw;
- guide with non-slip lining.
The main advantages of the Makita SP6000 Set hand saw:
- The model has an immersion function and can be used to cut from anywhere on the sheet.
- The kit includes a guide that provides an even cut of material throughout.
- High power and the presence of a smooth start allows you to make a quality cut.
- Infinitely variable engine speed from 2000 to 5200 rpm provides the ability to select the operating mode for each material.
- A wide range of settings for the depth of cut with a maximum rate of 56 mm, with an inclination of 45 °. 40 mm.
- There is a function of setting a fixed cut depth of 2 mm, which is done on one side of the sheet with a subsequent flip and cutting to the entire thickness. This method provides the highest quality cut
- Adjustment of the inclination of the cutting plane in the range from 1 to 45 °. The latches are located in the front and rear of the tool, which eliminates the oscillations of the disk.
- Ergonomic handles with a rubberized finish that minimizes vibration and keeps the saw blade securely in use. The front handle is perpendicular to the cut line, which improves accuracy.
- Thoughtful operator protection against accidental contact with the working body during use.
- A convenient way to replace a circular saw using an L-shaped hex key through a side window in a protective casing.
- The tool is notable for the high quality of components and assembly. there are no backlashes in the joints, and screw locks on the regulatory sectors are exceptionally reliable.
- The presence of electronic protection against engine overheating protects the drive from failure.
- A special module maintains a constant engine speed at any permissible load.
- Low level of noise and vibration during the work of the electric tool.
- High cutting speed of any materials, including non-ferrous metal sheets.
The hand-held circular saw of this model also has some drawbacks, in particular consumers, note a not very convenient way to adjust the angle of inclination. When returning to a vertical position, a corner is necessary to ensure proper accuracy. It is almost impossible to use a power tool without an original guide, the accuracy is significantly impaired.
User reviews published on the Internet are generally favorable. The analysis shows that the Makita SP6000 Set hand-held circular saw is successfully used in various industries. In construction, when laying parquet and laminate, where a high quality cut is needed. In furniture manufacturing enterprises, this model of circular saw is used to make patterns. This process requires the precision of cutting different materials.
Buyers indicate the acceptable cost of a professional model of a Makita SP6000 Set circular saw, which is much cheaper than analogues. The owners of this tool note a rich configuration of the product, which provides ease of transportation and storage. The hand-held circular saw has everything necessary for work in the set and is completely ready for use for its intended purpose.
Video: Speed Adjustable Circular Saws
Bosch GKT 55 GCE Model Overview
The hand-held circular saw of the German company Bosch of the professional model GKT 55 GCE has been produced since October 2011. The scope of delivery of a product for sale through retail chains includes:
- circular saw 165 × 20 mm for work on wood;
- Allen key to replace the working tool;
- cardboard box;
- user’s manual.
The advantages of the Bosch GKT 55 GCE submersible circulating saw include:
- Light weight and dimensions of the tool provide ease of use.
- The handles are ergonomically shaped and are located rear. parallel to the cutting plane, the front. perpendicular. This ensures the stability of the tool on the cut line.
- Convenient intuitive controls for the operation of a circular saw.
- The high power of the electric motor allows you to saw any materials, including composite ones: laminated particleboard, fiberboard and MDF.
- Electronic adjustment of the engine speed is possible in the range from 3600 to 6250 rpm. It is easy for the user to select the optimal operating mode for each material with a maximum cutting speed without overheating of the cut site.
- The excellent quality of the circular saw makes the cuts very clean, which significantly reduces material consumption and reduces the cost of finishing.
- High accuracy of adjusting the depth of cut in the vertical position. up to 57 mm, at an angle of 45 °. 42 mm. Extremely convenient limiter mechanism.
- There is a disc immersion mode that allows you to start cutting from anywhere on the sheet.
- Ease of replacement of the working body. circular saw. In this case, the spindle is fixed by pressing a button, and the fixing bolt is unscrewed with the key supplied.
- The hand-held circular saw is compatible with the new Bosch FSN guide rail.
- It is possible to connect a vacuum cleaner to remove sawdust formed during the operation of the tool.
- The circulation saw is equipped with the Constant Electronic electronic system to maintain the shaft speed set by the operator when operating under load.
- The working disk has teeth of a special shape with a special sharpening, which reduces the noise level when cutting material.
Among the shortcomings of the model, users include a short warranty period of only one year, but there is the possibility of its extension after registration on the manufacturer’s official website. Cases of the rebound of the saw during the immersion operation with damage to the surface of the sheet and the guide are noted. The diameter of the connector of the vacuum cleaner is incorrectly selected, which makes it difficult to put on the hose.
User reviews are mostly positive, indicating the high build quality of the product and ease of use. The ratio of price and quality of the product according to customer feedback is optimal. There is a need to purchase guides and clamps for maximum convenience when using a circular saw, these accessories are not supplied with the tool.
DeWALT DWS520K Model Overview
DeWALT hand-held circular saw of the DWS520K model is characterized by excellent quality of components and assembly. The scope of supply in addition to the product mentioned includes:
- carbide saw blade with tungsten carbide tipped teeth;
- a plastic case for storing and transporting a circular saw and accessories;
- L-shaped Allen key for changing discs.
The main advantages of the DeWALT DWS520K circular saw are as follows:
- The kinetic scheme of immersion of the saw provides a parallel direction of the application of force to the cutting plane. This provides complete control over the tool during use.
- Saw movement down is only possible after the release of the lock, which ensures high safety of use.
- A wide range of adjustments to the speed of rotation of the working disk from 1750 to 4200 revolutions allows you to set the optimal sawing mode of the material.
- The vibration level during operation of the product does not exceed 2.5 m / s2 and is easily damped by rubber pads on the control handles.
- The start key is large enough and with a long stroke allows you to work with gloves.
- A well thought out mechanism for adjusting the depth of cut with reliable fixation with screws.
- The depth of cut when working without a guide reaches 59 mm, the maximum for a tool of this class.
- The disc included in the kit provides high purity for cutting different types of wood.
- When using a company guide provides high precision cut sheet material.
- The design of the guide allows you to make cuts on vertically located surfaces.
- The device has a removable battery, which ensures the autonomy of its work in hard to reach places.
The disadvantages of the DeWALT DWS520K model are related to the ill-conceived disc protection, which quickly curls with sawdust without connecting a vacuum cleaner. High prices for branded equipment, and use without a rail is almost impossible. Consumers point to a lack of power when working with hardwood.
Recommendations for choosing a circular saw with variable speed control
The models considered in the review are quite consistent with their purpose. Hand saws Makita SP6000 Set and Bosch GKT 55 GCE are professional tools and can be used both in production and in construction, as well as for personal needs. The DeWALT DWS520K model is designed for a wide consumer and by its characteristics cannot be used for working with some types of wood and other materials of increased hardness.
Based on the foregoing, Bosch GKT 55 GCE and Makita SP6000 Set models can be recommended to those who are professionally engaged in the construction, manufacture of furniture and doors, as well as other types of woodworking. Circular saw DeWALT DWS520K is suitable for use in the household when working with a small to medium load on the tool.