Steel Mark Steel Circular Saw Wood
A saw blade is available in a wide range on the market and when buying it is important to understand which option should be chosen for the work. If you make a purchase without thinking, it will significantly increase the risk of injury and reduce the quality of work.
Types of saw blades for wood
Depending on the design, saw blade disks for wood are divided into categories: monolithic (from a single piece of metal) and carbide (having carbide inserts on the teeth). For the intended purpose, there are devices for sawing the ends and for longitudinal cutting. The shape of the cutter discs are:
- Flat cutter. For longitudinal sawing of any wood species.
- With interchangeable tool. The teeth have a variable inclination to one and the other side. A blade is used to cut wood lengthwise and crosswise.
- With trapezoidal flat cutter. At half of the teeth, the sharpening has the shape of a trapezoid. Such a saw cuts not only wood, but also polymers and non-ferrous metals.
- With Combination Tool Set. Four interchangeable teeth alternate with one flat tooth. If you need a saw blade on wood for a clean cut, then it has this configuration.
- With a triangular curved cutter. It is applied on a laminate.
- With feed limiters (protrusions behind the incisor). Reduces saw speed and protects against hard wood knots.
The depth of cut disks are divided into:
- small (depth from 4 to 4.6 cm);
- medium (5-5.5);
- large (6.5-7);
- pros saws (6.5-14).
Monolithic saw blade for wood
This name is due to the fact that this saw blade for wood is made of a single piece of steel, has a large number of teeth and is made of high-speed or chromium-vanadium steels. The disc is abbreviated CV or HSS. Advantages:
- the possibility of re-sharpening;
- preference for soft breeds;
- Mandatory tooth alignment
- bluntness of the cutting edge.
The sharpening operation is performed on special machines that have diamond emery wheels mounted at a certain angle of inclination. It depends on the species of sawn wood. In some cases, you can sharpen saw blades on a tree for circular circulars manually with a trihedral file with diamond spraying.
Carbide saw blade for wood
This type has carbide inserts on the teeth. Note that the steel grade is not very important for sawing. Insert made of cobalt and tungsten carbide are soldered onto a disk of this material. With this design, the cutting speed is increased. You can sharpen teeth only on machines. A saw blade for wood for an angle grinder with carbide cutters is very popular because it gives a clean cut.
- keep sharpening sharp;
- have high quality workmanship.
- high cost;
- the impossibility of sharpening to the initial sharpness.
Video: Steel Mark Steel Circular Saw Wood
Universal saw blade for wood
The first in the list of this type of tool are saw blades on a tree for a circular saw for longitudinal sawing with the number of teeth up to 40, followed by universal. blades (from 40 to 60). The saws for face sawing are closed, where the teeth have more than 60. The tooth shape of universal saws is a cross between the longitudinal and transverse counterparts, the cutters are tilted by 15 °, and the teeth themselves are of medium size. The optimal amount is determined in 46-48 incisors. Slots and holes for cooling are made along the diameter of the disk (this is especially important with longitudinal sawing, where the speed is higher).
How to choose a saw blade for wood?
The right drive choice is the key to a job well done, equipment safety and health safety. Because, for example, a saw blade on a tree for a circular saw is not suitable for cross-cutting. When buying a tool, you must pay attention to:
- Number of teeth. Using this parameter, you can easily determine the purpose of the disk: longitudinal, end or universal.
- Tooth sharpening. Flat sharpening, a shape with alternating tilt and trapezoid are common.
- Sharpening angle. For circulars it is positive, for end ones it is negative.
- Circular Saw Diameters. The inner should match the mounting shaft of the equipment. External. to the dimensions of the machine or hand tool.
- Disc blade thickness. The thicker, the greater the cutting force and the increase in engine load. Its power may not be enough for cutting.
Wood saw blade marking
The values applied to the saw wheel provide the following information:
- outer diameter of the disk;
- equipment information (for example, for a hand saw);
- number of teeth;
- working material;
- diameter of a landing hole;
- duration of operation;
- value of rotation speed;
- direction of movement;
- cut width;
- company name.
Wood saw blade rating
The list of the best brands includes cutting tools of the following companies:
- circular saws of the Italian company CMT;
- japanese tool makita;
- quality rims Bosch;
- saw blade Wood attack;
- Metabo products;
- American saw blades Devalt.
Sharpening saw blades for wood
The bluntness of the cutting edge is determined by some signs:
- increase in resistance when feeding material;
- possible smoke and burning smell;
- overheating of the saw blade.
Do-it-yourself grinding of saw blades on wood is not necessary on special grinding machines. You can use regular emery with a diamond cup. When sharpening, follow the instructions:
- The perpendicularity between the tool to be sharpened and the emery wheel must be respected.
- It is necessary to feed the disk to the grinding machine.
- The amount of sharpening depends on the force of pressing the tool against the emery.
- When sharpening, it is necessary to withstand the angle of inclination of the cutter.
- Repeat the operation for each tooth.