Stihl Ms 180 How Many Links
The Stihl MS-180 chainsaw is a product of the well-known German brand STIHL, founded in 1921 by Andreas Shtil. Initially, the company was engaged in the production of washing machines and steam boilers. The first STIHL chainsaw (Germany) was born in 1929 and had a weight of 48 kg. with a power plant capacity of 6 liters. from.
The units were improved, new structural elements were added. a saw chain with cutting and scraper teeth, automated chain lubrication, a centrifugal clutch, a membrane carburetor, anti-vibration handles, a chain brake, etc. With each new invention, the saw weight decreased, the functionality grew. Stihl is also known as the manufacturer of the quietest chainsaws in the world.
Is a site visitor often interested in how much the Stihl MC-180 chainsaw costs? The original Stihl 180 chainsaw costs between 12-13 thousand rubles. Future equipment owners are also interested in where the STIHL MS-180 chainsaws are assembled. It can be the USA, Germany and even China. Chinese fakes are quite common, but their prices are lower.
We offer you to watch a video that tells how to distinguish a fake from the original:
Standard equipment of the STIHL chainsaw
The standard equipment for the Stihl MS-180 chainsaw includes:
- universal screwdriver;
- tire 14 inches (35 cm);
- chain of 50 links;
- tire cover;
Description of the Stihl MC-180 chainsaw
This is a household tool designed for cutting branches and trees, sawing logs, and other activities in the garden. The Stihl chainsaw weighs 3.9 kg. The power of the installed carburetor two-stroke engine is 2 horsepower. The unit works from a mixture of gasoline (AI-92 and above) and engine oil for two-stroke engines. The kit can be a 35 cm long bus. A Picco Micro 3 (PM3) chain with ⅜ inch pitch is used.
The manufacturer supplied the “Stihl” chainsaw with a lock against accidental start-up, and also provided automatic lubrication of the chain during operation (Еmatic system).
For the convenience of the operator, an effective anti-vibration system has been provided for a long time.
We offer you to familiarize yourself with the technical characteristics of the Stihl MS-180 chainsaw:
In addition to the basic modification of the MC-180, there are improved models:
- Chainsaw Stihl MS-180 C-BE 14.
- Chainsaw Stihl MS-180 16 Picco.
Consider each modification individually.
Chainsaw Stihl MS-180 C-BE 14
This “Stihl” chainsaw is more advanced by the manufacturer, its weight is 4.2 kg. The two-stroke power plant runs on a fuel mixture of gasoline and engine oil and has a capacity of 2 liters. from. Air cooling, the ErgoStart system makes it easy to start the engine by pulling on the handle of the inertial starter. QuickStop will instantly stop chain movement when you press the front stop.
Constant fuel consumption and the cleanest exhaust possible with integrated compensator. The tire is small. 14 inches, with the following parameters: 1.3 mm, 3/8 ″, 50 links. A Picco Duro chain of its own manufacture is installed on the bus, which dulls four times slower, differs in excess of strength and reliability.
The chain tensioning system is improved without the use of a special tool. The Ematic system allows the chain to be lubricated where it is needed, resulting in 50% savings in lubricants. Anti-vibration system protects the operator from excessive vibration.
Chainsaw Stihl MS-180 16 Picco
The weight of the chainsaw is 3.9 kg. Gasoline engine, single-cylinder carburetor with a capacity of 2 liters. from. There is also an easy-start system, a chain lock, anti-vibration. STIHL Oilomatic PICCO MINI 61 PMN chain, automatic lubrication system. The tire length is 40 cm. A compensator is mounted in the carburetor, which is responsible for fuel consumption, constant power of the chainsaw and the quality of exhaust gases.
Advantages of the Stihl MS-180 gasoline saw
Let’s talk about the features of the “Stihl” MS-180 chainsaw:
- lightness of gasoline saw;
- performance of 2 liters. from.;
- Belongs to the “hobby class”;
- easy start Ergostart;
- quick chain tension;
- electronic type ignition;
- four rubber shock absorbers for damping vibration;
- brake for Quik Stop chain;
- sprocket roller insulation;
- the carburetor is not adjustable (only idle speed is regulated, the engine speed is constant with the factory settings);
- the presence of a stabilizing compensator;
- single lever control;
- chain reinforced;
- the presence of two compression rings on the engine piston instead of one;
- universality of a saw:
- durability, reliability.
Video: Stihl Ms 180 How Many Links
The disadvantages are the following:
- noise at work;
- high price;
- limited operating time per day.
The passport of the “Stihl” gasoline saw MS-180 is an instruction manual that contains complete information about the tool itself. Before starting operation, it is necessary to carefully study the manual in order to avoid annoying malfunctions.
We offer you to read the instructions for the chainsaw.
Stihl MC-180 chainsaw consists of: gasoline engine, carburetor, casing, starter, flywheel, clutch, decompression valve, oil, fuel pump and tank, spark plug, saw chain, tire, sprocket, brake, air filter, shift lever , dust collector, muffler, clamps, tension wheels, gear stop, adjustment screw, handles.
Stihl chainsaw preparation for work
The preparation of the saw should be approached with all responsibility, since its lifetime in the future depends on this, as well as the safety of the operator himself. Consider the correct algorithm of actions when preparing a chainsaw for operation:
- Stihl chainsaw is assembled (according to descriptions and diagrams in the manual);
- the tire is put on and fixed;
- chain is pulled;
- the fuel mixture is being prepared correctly: gasoline is diluted with oil in a ratio of 50/1 (the amount of AI-92 gasoline is 5 liters, Stihl special oil for two-stroke engines is 100 ml.);
- the fuel mixture is poured into the tank;
- chain oil is poured into the tank;
- the reliability of the tension of the fasteners is checked;
- according to the instructions, the saw is launched;
- carburettor is idled with the corresponding screw (the chain must not move);
- the lubrication of the chain is checked.
We offer you to watch a video on how to assemble the “Stihl” chainsaw:
About how to start a Stihl 180 chainsaw our video will tell:
Break-in period for “Stihl” chainsaw
In the usual sense, a break-in for a Stihl 180 saw is not carried out. She is initially ready for work. However, the owner of the equipment must know and understand the following:
- The first 4 to 8 blasted full tanks with fuel, the work of the gasoline saw should not be carried out in a gentle mode for the entire power of the power plant with frequent interruptions for cooling the tool.
- The first 60 minutes of the Stihl chainsaw consists of work and rest periods: 2 minutes. work, 10 seconds. idling, a break. Idling for more than 10 seconds harms the spark plugs, leaving soot on them.
- It is very important to properly prepare the fuel mixture from high quality materials (1/50, AI-92 gasoline and above, Stihl oil for 2-stroke engines).
Before operation is checked:
- chain condition, sharpening;
- chain tension;
- tightening fasteners;
- filling fuel and oil tanks;
- the presence of chain lubrication;
- idling, etc.
After sawing work is carried out:
- chainsaw cleaning;
- chain tension loosens (required);
- chain sharpening (if necessary);
- condition of the tire, its wear;
- filter maintenance (as required).
The new owners are often lost and looking for materials on how to properly disassemble (assemble) the Stihl 180 chainsaw. We suggest watching a video that shows how to disassemble and assemble the Stihl 180 chainsaw:
Faults and repairs
Stihl 180 chainsaw malfunctions and their elimination is another problem that worries tool owners.
Why the Stihl 180 chainsaw won’t start:
- no fuel mixture;
- no contact on the spark plug;
- high-voltage wire breakage;
- the fuel pump does not pump;
- clogged fuel lines;
- problems with candles;
- ignition not adjusted;
- pours a candle.
Why the Stihl 180 chainsaw does not develop the required number of revolutions:
- soot on a spark plug;
- the candle is worn out, replacement is necessary (after 100 hours of operation);
- carburetor requires cleaning.
The Stihl 180 chainsaw stalls at idle:
- carburetor not adjusted;
- fuel or air filter clogged.
We offer you to watch a video on how to adjust the carburetor of the Stihl MC 180 chainsaw with your own hands:
Some tool owners use the Stihl MC 180 chainsaw along with an angle grinder attachment, this allows you to build a home sawmill and perform longitudinal cuts.
The video shows the nozzle-angle grinder for the Stihl MS-180 chainsaw:
But even without this nozzle, some craftsmen found a way to perform a longitudinal cut with a conventional tire with a saw chain. We offer you to watch a video about a home-made sawmill from improvised materials:
And now you have the opportunity to evaluate this tool in your work by watching a short video:
Alexander, 50 years old
“Great saw!” In work, the 12th year, for all the time, changed: the tire burned, chains were bought (winning soldering is a thing, but only in special services), an asterisk and filters. He saws everything, worked both at home and in the forest, even the old house fell down with it, and there he burned the tire. But the saw is still in force, it will work for more than one year! ”
Vladislav, 35 years old
“I bought Stihl somehow, at first there were no problems, but in the second year of service, problems started, it doesn’t start, it stalls, then the links burst, then the motor died! Finally. I was offended by the manufacturer. Now I understand that most likely I came across a Chinese fake, then there was no Internet, so I could walk around the forums and watch YouTube. The godfather also has Stihl, it has been working properly for 7 years, he bought for 2 goals before me. So different things happen! ”
Alexander, 32 years old
“I bought an improved BE 180 chainsaw, I’m 100% satisfied with the purchase. At the cottage and at the parents, the Stihl chainsaw was an indispensable assistant. Parents in the village. harvesting firewood, we always celebrate winter holidays in the country, there a fireplace. firewood again. Yes, and sawed out the old garden, planted a new one, and all with this cool assistant! I have it for 4 years. I advise everyone"!