The grass trimmer gasoline spark plug is wet
Everything is intact, clean, and working?
Trying to adjust. We take a long screwdriver, find the bolt of regulation of idle speed (it is on the throttle valve), screw it a couple of revolutions, that the valve slightly opened. Starts. Runs fine? Then we go on. It doesn’t start or stops? Opens the choke a little until it starts steadily.
Next, adjust the quality of the mixture with the L screw. It is necessary to achieve maximum revolutions at idle speed. Here the principle is reversed: the more the bolt is off, the richer is the mixture. After that goes the mixture quality adjustment at maximum rpm with the H screw.
If the adjustment of the carburetor did not yield results, then it needs to disassemble. Look at the diaphragm, clean nozzles and inner passages. It is necessary not only to have a repair kit, but also, preferably, a spare carburetor.
Dry and wet spark plug: what it means and how it affects the start of the engine
Most tool owners immediately resort to checking the condition of the spark plug contacts. This is done in order to understand from the condition of the spark plug what may be the reason for the inability to start the lawnmower engine. The condition of the spark plug contacts can be used to draw conclusions about what might be causing the malfunction. Diagnosis of the spark plug in the banzo mower is carried out in the following order:
- The spark plug is unscrewed, after which it is to be inspected. Perfect condition of the electrodes. if they have brown fouling (brick-colored). If the spark plug is wet, has black or white soot, it indicates the corresponding malfunctions
- If the spark plug is wet, there is a portion of unburned fuel in the combustion chamber, which does not need to be drained. Clean and dry the spark plug pins and then check that the spark plug is working. To do this, connect it to a spark plug, and place it not on the surface of the cylinder. Turn the ignition on, and pull the starter grip lightly. In this case, the spark plug should give a quality and constant spark. If the spark is weak or there is no spark at all, then the spark plug should be replaced
- The grasshopper may not start if the gap between the spark plug pins is too big. The gap between the electrodes of the spark plug should be within the range of 0.7 to 1 mm. To adjust the gap, use a feeler gauge
Important! Dry the spark plug pins by burning them. this method ruins the spark plug contact. If the spark plug has a spark, but the grass trimmer does not start, then the reason is the fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. To be sure of this, you should perform the following actions:
- Draw 20 grams of fuel in a PET bottle cap or syringe
- Pour it into the combustion chamber through the spark plug hole
- Screw in the spark plug
- Put on the candle holder and start the engine
If the lawnmower engine starts after the performed actions, then the cause of the malfunction should be sought directly in the fuel line and carburetor. If the engine does not start, even after the performed actions, it means that it is necessary to check the serviceability of the high-voltage wire.
The high-voltage wire, like the spark plug, belongs to the consumables. If there is a suspicion of malfunction of the armature wire of the grass trimmer, it should be replaced. If you are unable to start the lawnmower engine after the steps you have taken, then you should take into account the following recommendations:
- Replace spark plugs and ignition cables if there is any doubt that they are in good condition
- Check the serviceability of spark formation, and if there is no spark on a new spark plug, then the breakdown is related to the ignition unit. the failure of the coil
- The ignition coil is not repaired, but replaced. If, indeed, the diagnosis indicates a mower ignition coil failure, it is not difficult to replace it with your own hands
If there is a spark plug, and at the same time it is dry, and the grass trimmer does not want to start, then proceed to check the next node. the air and fuel filters.
Important! If the electrodes of the plugs have a red or pink color, it indicates that the fuel used contains a large amount of additives. It is necessary to refuse such fuel, having changed a filling station or brand of gasoline.
Step by step diagnosis and check your chainsaw
Exactly, these nodes are the main sources of the problem of a difficult start of the grass trimmer. A more complicated problem is the carburetor, which needs adjustment. Let’s consider each node separately to find out the reasons why the grass trimmer does not start, and eliminate them with your own hands.
Grass trimmer does not start in cold what causes
To begin with, let’s break down the situation when it is impossible to start the lawnmower engine in the cold. What it means? Surely mowers have experienced a situation where the grass trimmer starts up on hot just fine, but it is worth only taking a small break, as the problem arises. This problem with starting the engine after it has cooled down. What can be the reason? Of course, no one has excluded all the above factors, but if the situation occurs constantly, then there is no need to check them. If the lawn trimmer starts well when hot, but has problems when cold, you should look for the causes within the cylinder-piston group.
To determine the fault you need to use a compressometer. Screw the compressometer into the hole instead of the spark plug, and then actuate the starter grip. Measure pressure inside the cylinder. compression. The compression value should be at the level of about 8-12 atmospheres. After the tool has warmed up (it is enough to work 15-20 minutes), the checking procedure should be repeated. If the compression on a hot engine is less than 8 atmospheres, it means that the cylinder head is defective. This means that the rings, piston and cylinder walls are worn.
This can be corrected by replacing the cylinder head. When replacing is not unimportant to consider such a recommendation as plentiful lubrication of the parts with engine oil inside the cylinder. This is to prevent the formation of scoring during the first minutes of starting a new cylinder with a piston.
When engine compression decreases, fuel consumption increases and the performance of the tool decreases. It is possible to work with such a tool, but the wear increases with each subsequent hour of work. One day the lawnmower will not be able to start at all, even when warmed up.
This is interesting! Warming up a low-compression lawn mower can be done by jerking the starter grip. When warming up, the metal expands, thus increasing compression.
Checking the fuel mixture
You have a grass trimmer that won’t start. In this case, the first thing to do is to check whether there is enough fuel in the tank, as well as to assess the quality of the fuel mixture. It is necessary to fill up the motorized machine only with high-quality gasoline. It is recommended to use fuel, the brand of which is not lower than AI-95. Filling the grass trimmer with fuel of unknown origin, bought not at the gas station, is fraught with the occurrence of frequent malfunctions of the tool. It can cause damage to the cylinder and piston system. Repair in such a case often exceeds the cost of the device itself.
Why does not the grass trimmer gasoline start?? This can also be caused by improper preparation of the fuel mixture, which consists of oil and gasoline. The proportions in which these components are combined, are indicated by the manufacturers in the trimmer manual for grass. Preparing the fuel mixture is highly discouraged in large volumes, that is, for the future. After all, when stored for a long time, there is a loss of the defining properties of the substance. Therefore, if the grass trimmer does not start, it is worth draining the old fuel and use a freshly prepared fuel mixture.
Why the grass trimmer does not start: the main faults and their elimination
As already noted, such situations are typical for trimmers that have been idle for a long period of time. Therefore, once a problem is detected, you should immediately engage in troubleshooting.
Fuel as source of problems
The first step is to check the presence of fuel and its quality. The first thing to do is to make sure there is fuel in the tank. Those who have purchased the unit recently, often forget that the grass trimmer needs refueling. If there is no fuel, then the equipment simply will not be able to work.
If there is fuel in the tank, but the grass trimmer does not start, then the owner needs to check if it is working properly. In this case, it is recommended to study the manual. If the startup is performed correctly, the malfunction may cause an inappropriate mixture quality.
- Oil. It should be special. designed for two-stroke engines. It is not recommended to save on the product, because the service life of the equipment depends on the mixture. Grass trimmers with a four-stroke motor require pure gasoline, it is not mixed with oil.
- You should not only use high-quality gasoline, but exactly the brand that is recommended by the manufacturer of a particular model. If there is no way to know what kind of fuel is needed, it is recommended to choose either AI-95 or AI-92, and the latter gasoline is the favorite, because the former contains additives that react with the two-stroke oil. It is not advisable to use other brands.
- Correct preparation of sweep for a benzotrimmer. It has been noticed that at first time maximum attention is paid to this stage, but with time mowers start mixing the mixture “by eye”, and that is a serious mistake. The correct petrol to oil ratio is 25:1. You need 40 ml of 2-stroke petrol for 1 liter of the former. Engine oil intended for cars is not a suitable option, since at high temperature the fluid loses (partially) its lubricating properties.
Correct storage conditions for the fuel mixture are important. To save time, some owners prepare it in advance to use in the coming weeks. This option is contraindicated, as the prepared fuel mixture quickly becomes unusable. The reason is that oil precipitates out. Both petroleum products lose their properties with this change. Even re-stirring is not able to restore the original fuel quality. Therefore, it is recommended to prepare a certain volume: 2 liters, no more.
If everything is all right with gasoline and oil, then proceed to the diagnosis. to check the spark plug.
The spark plug and its condition
At this stage of diagnosis we need to stop in more detail. Most experienced owners, who are already familiar with the question of why the grass trimmer does not start, first of all check the state of the plug contacts. Diagnosis of this element is carried out as follows:
- First, the spark plug is unscrewed, then inspected. If the electrodes are in perfect condition, they should have a soot, the color of which resembles a brick. Wet element, or white, black fouling on the contacts indicates the presence of some kind of malfunction. Pink and red color of the electrodes. proof of a large amount of additives in the fuel. Such a mixture should be replaced.
- If the spark plug is wet, it means that there is unburned fuel in the combustion chamber. It is left in place. Contacts of the plug are cleaned, then dried (burning is prohibited). After this step, the plug is connected to the spark plug.
- Then the ignition is turned on, the starter knob is jerked. When everything is alright with the element, it should give a constant spark. If it is weak or completely absent, then the verdict is one. you need to replace the spark plug.
There is another reason why the grass trimmer does not start. It is a large gap that has appeared between the contacts of the plug. The normal distance is 0.7-1mm. To correctly adjust the gap between the electrodes, use special probes.
If there is no such a device, then use the folk method. The razor blade is broken, its parts are put together. Then put this “dipstick” between the pins. Ideal are blades that fit tightly.
The problem is in the fuel line and carburetor
If you get a spark and your weed trimmer still does not show any signs of life, it could be the fuel supply in the combustion chamber that is causing the problem. To make sure that this unit is to blame, perform the following actions:
- Pour about 20 ml of fuel into a syringe or pour the cap from a plastic bottle.
- Then the fuel is gently poured into the combustion chamber through the spark plug hole.
- The spark plug is put back in place, a candle holder is put on, the engine is started.
If the grass trimmer starts, the problem may be in the fuel line and carburetor. If there is no effect from the made manipulations, continue diagnostics. check the high-voltage wire. At the slightest suspicion, this consumable element is replaced with a new one.
What to do if the grass trimmer engine still refuses to work? In this difficult case, you can follow these recommendations:
- If in doubt about the spark plug and high-voltage wire, it is better to replace them immediately.
- If when testing a new spark plug the spark does not appear, then you can almost certainly say that the ignition unit is defective. the coil is defective.
Checking its health simply: unscrew the plug, then lean it against the body trimmer for grass. If there is no spark when the starter jerks, or it does not appear every time, a new coil is required. This element can also be replaced by yourself.
Checking the filters
If the spark plug is dry and there is a spark, but grass trimmer “mute”, then move on to the next stage of diagnosis. to check the air and fuel filters.
Problem with external element
If the air filter is clogged, this is one of the causes. It is the flow of less air into the carburetor or the air supply is stopped completely. In this case, the diagnosis is as simple as possible:
- Remove and Inspect Air Filter. If the impurities are found, we can consider that the main culprit has been found.
- If there is no blockage, the engine is tried without the filter. If the grass trimmer starts to work, then this element will have to be changed.
A relatively new part can be cleaned with compressed air or washed with dishwashing liquid. When the filter has been in use for a long time, it is better to replace it with a new one. It is forbidden to work with a trimmer without a filter, because dirt will get inside the mower, which will cause a reduction in the operating life.
It must be said that a clogged air filter very rarely causes machinery failure. The accumulation of dirt on it to a greater extent affects the work of the engine, its stability, and hence the performance of the equipment.
Fuel filter clogging
Heavy contamination of this part of the grass trimmer is a real problem that many unit owners have to deal with. Fuel filter is located in the tank. If the mower works more than 2 years, the owners need to check this element, even if the device has not yet had unpleasant surprises.
This filter quickly clogs under unfavorable conditions, these include:
- the long service life of the unit;
- fuel that has been stored ready for a long time;
- Dust and dirt: particles get into the tank every time you fill up;
- fuel left (forgotten) in the tank for a long period of time;
- use of low-quality fuel mixture or one of its components.
Another rare but possible cause is a fuel hose that has been disconnected from the main tube.
Fuel is not able to get into the carburettor if the fuel filter is clogged. Consequence. the inability to start the equipment. In this case, inspection and replacement are straightforward: simply pull it out of the tank. Regardless of the degree of contamination, it is recommended to change this element, as it is impossible to clean it qualitatively, even with the help of a compressor. The dirt will be left inside after this operation.
To perform a diagnosis, perform these steps:
If the grasshopper starts very quickly, you can say that the source of the malfunction has been found.
Checking the breather plug
After completing the diagnostics of both filters, start checking the breather valve, which is also called a breather valve. This element ensures normal pressure in the tank. It discharges the vacuum that is created when the fluid escapes from the tank into the carburetor.
The breather is equipped with a filter, which is designed to clean the incoming air. This part also clogs over time, the consequence is the formation of a vacuum in the tank. It is it in a third of all cases to blame for the grass trimmer’s failure to start. The breather, unlike the fuel filter, can be easily cleaned. The sequence of work looks like this:
- First unscrew the cap of the gas tank. If this step is accompanied by a bleeding of air, then you can say with certainty that the cause of the problem is the breather plug.
- The cover is put back in place and start the grass trimmer. If the equipment starts working and stops after a short period of time, the breather plug needs to be cleaned.
This operation is simple: this part is cleaned with a sewing needle.
This malfunction is found in older models of trimmers. New equipment has no such problems. If this element is clogged, the engine will not be able to start. Since this problem does not appear overnight, owners are able to detect the malfunction even before the grass trimmer fails. The following “abnormalities” are obvious symptoms of muffler problems:
- Unusually loud noise when the engine is running: this is because the exhaust gases have to overcome a large amount of resistance;
- black smoke due to soot deposited on the walls of the exhaust system;
- Engine that stops when running at idle;
- instability of its operation.
The diagnostic method in this case is to inspect the exhaust system, particularly the muffler’s anti-spark screen. Since carbon deposits pose a serious risk to people, this part must be handled wearing protective equipment: a respirator is compulsory. Clean the mesh and walls of the muffler with special agents.
The answer to the question of why the grass trimmer does not start, can also be a carburetor malfunction. Its task is to prepare and supply the air-fuel mixture into the cylinder. The cause of failure to start or unstable operation of the equipment may be due to improper adjustment of the mechanism, as well as its clogging.
If the carburetor adjustment did not help, the power system assembly is removed, washed with clean gasoline, then the holes are blown with a pump. Or disassemble and thoroughly clean all parts, but do not touch its lower part. If necessary replace filters, gaskets, diaphragms, etc. д.
Why the gasoline grass trimmer does not start
The reasons why the gasoline grass trimmer stopped starting, can be different, so you need to conduct a step-by-step diagnosis of the machine.
Fuel tank (fuel quality)
Remember that you should always check the presence and quality of fuel before you start the machine. In this case, do not be greedy and economize, as well as “smart” about the amount of added oil. Everything should be done according to the manual supplied with the machine, because if the piston group fails, its replacement will cost about 70% of the total cost of the grass trimmer. Use only enough fuel to get the job done. Leftover gasoline in the tank loses its properties after some time and can harm the engine. Therefore, do not prepare mixes in advance and in large quantities. If the lawn mower does not start well, try draining the “old” fuel from the tank, and refill it with a freshly made mixture.
Important! Filling the machine with fuel, the origin of which is unknown, is fraught with negative consequences. the petrol should be of good quality, bought at a petrol station and its brand should not be lower than АI-95.
Candle and spark plug passage
So, you have changed the fuel, but nothing has changed, and the grass trimmer still does not start. In this case, it is worth checking the spark plug channel: whether it is blocked by a combustible mixture. Often users put the choke in the “OFF” position when starting the engine and once the engine is running, do not put it in the “ON” position, and then the engine shuts down. Then, the attempt to restart the engine leads to the fact that the spark plug is flooded with petrol, and the start becomes impossible. To diagnose and correct a possible problem in this assembly, do the following.
- It is necessary to unscrew the spark plug, wipe it well and dry it. When installing the plug in the cylinder of the ICE, it must be dry.
- Drain the accumulated fuel from the combustion chamber. This is done through the hole from which you unscrewed the spark plug.
- If there is soot on the electrodes of the plug, it must be removed with either a fine file or a nail file.
- Do not forget to adjust the gap between the electrodes of the part before installing it. The gap on the spark plug should be 1 mm. You may use a coin as a dipstick to check the gap.
- Next, reassemble the unit, read the start up instructions and try to start the engine again.
If the internal combustion engine does not start, check the spark plug. To do this:
- unscrew the spark plug;
- place the cap of the high-voltage wire over it;
- touch a metal part of it to the cylinder head (a socket wrench can be inserted to make contact) as shown in the illustration below;
- pull the starter cord so that several revolutions of the engine happen.
a spark should normally appear between the electrodes with each piston shift. If there is a spark, then the cause of the fact that the ICE does not start, you need to look in other parts of the unit.
For a better understanding of how to test the spark plug, you can use this video, where the test is shown on the example of the lawnmower “Soyuz”.
If there is no spark, first check the cable that connects the spark plug to the coil, it may be the cause. You can test it with a tester. If a line break is detected, it will be necessary to replace the high-voltage wire.
Also, a malfunction of the ignition coil (magneto) may be the cause of the loss of spark. The illustration below shows what the coil (magneto) from the Patriot gasoline grass trimmer (Patriot) looks like.
To rule out malfunction, you will need to use a tester to check the magneto grass trimmer, namely, its primary and secondary winding. The primary winding resistance should be between 0.4 and 2.0 ohms. If the gauge shows 0 it means that the coil is shorted and if it is infinite it is a clear sign of a break in the circuit. The resistance of the secondary coil should be between 6 and 8 kΩ.
on some coils it can be as high as 15 kOhm.
If your lawnmower does not start or immediately stops after starting, pay attention to the air filter, because it may be blocked and this prevents air from getting to the combustion chamber and igniting the fuel. To check if it is the filter, remove it and try starting the engine. If it works, it means that the cause is found. The filter needs to be replaced or rinsed well and dried before installation. If you find oil in the air filter, you must flush it with gasoline, wring it out well, and dry it for at least 2 hours before reinstalling it.
If the unit still fails to start when the air filter is removed, it is advisable to check the fuel filter.
This filter cleans fuel from possible contaminants. If it is clogged, no gasoline enters the cylinder, and, consequently, the unit does not work or stalls after starting. The fuel filter is on the end of the intake hose that is inside the fuel tank. To get to the filter, you need to remove the plug with the tubes coming out of it.
When removing the cap, the fuel intake hose could come off and remain in the tank. you can take it out with a pair of tweezers.
Next, remove the old fuel filter from the hose and put the new, previously purchased. You can also clean the fuel filter if you don’t have a new one. the filter must be fixed to the hose with a spring clip.
Place the intake tube on the plug and insert the latter into the tank.
It should be noted that in some models of trimmers, the intake hose is not on the plug, but inside the tank. It can be removed with a pair of tweezers or with a hook made from bent wire.
The breather is a check valve that is designed to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. If it is clogged and does not allow air to flow toward the tank, a vacuum will form inside the fuel tank and fuel will stop flowing to the carburetor. To check the valve, remove the hose that goes from the tank to the carburetor. If there is no petrol coming out of the tank, the breather valve is blocked.
Trimmer users often wonder where the breather plug is? This valve is usually on the fuel tank lid and looks like the following picture.
Cleaning the breather valve is simple: disassemble the valve and wash all components. In some chain saws this valve may be located right on the fuel tank. You can’t find it right away, because it’s hidden under the starter housing. This breather valve can be cleaned with a regular needle.
The reason why the grass trimmer has significantly lost power, and when trying to increase the engine speed, it picks them up slowly, is often a clogged exhaust duct, through which the exhaust gases exit the combustion chamber.
Remove the muffler so that no soot can get inside the cylinder. Next, clean the exhaust duct of carbon deposits.
This should be done very carefully, preventing fouling of the combustion chamber.
After this procedure, the weak power of the unit and the slow set speed of the mowing head will no longer upset you.
If there is insufficient compression, it will not be possible to start the engine in most cases. To check the compression, you can use a car compressometer.
- Remove the spark plug from the cylinder.
- Screw a compressometer in its place.
- Start pulling the starter cord just as you do when starting the lawn mower. Do it until the arrow on the measuring device stops moving in the direction of increasing. This value will indicate the compression strength of the engine.
How much compression should be? The normal compression is 8 kg/cm2 or more. Even at 8 kg/cm2 some engines, however, do not idle and throttle because the fuel is not sufficiently pumped. In case your grass trimmer does not pump higher than 8 kg/cm2. you will have to check the cylinder, piston and rings.
Also, poor compression can be due to a weakly screwed carburetor. Check if it is not wobbly. If so, then well tighten the fasteners that hold it. Also if the carburetor is screwed badly, you can notice that gasoline drips when working.
Grass trimmer won’t start the spark plug is wet Spark is
Recently, the gasoline grass trimmer has gained the status of one of the main tools in the arsenal of dacha owners. And this is not surprising, because a motorized grass trimmer allows you to quickly bring the homestead in order. However, sometimes it happens that the grass trimmer does not start when hot or even when cold. In such situations, you have to determine the cause of the malfunction yourself. Let’s find out what to do if the grass trimmer won’t start. The reasons that most often lead to such trouble will be discussed below.
With what to start troubleshooting, if the grass trimmer does not start? In situations where the tool stalls immediately after starting, it is worth inspecting the following units of the unit:
It is the breakdown of the above-mentioned locations that most often leads to the fact that the grass trimmer starts badly. Let’s look at how to fix such trouble.
Checking the fuel mixture
Suppose you do not start the trimmer for grass. In this case, the first thing to do is to check whether there is enough fuel in the tank, and assess the quality of the fuel mixture. Only high-quality gasoline should be used to fill the motorized unit. It is recommended to use fuel whose brand is not lower than Ai-95. Filling the grass trimmer with fuel of unknown origin, bought not at the filling station, is fraught with the occurrence of frequent failures in the work of the tool. It can cause failure of the cylinder-piston system. Repair in such a case often exceeds the cost of the device itself.
Why won’t it start? grass trimmer gasoline? Can also lead to this can lead to improper preparation of the fuel mixture, which consists of oil and gasoline. Proportions in which these components are combined, are indicated by manufacturers in the trimmer manual for grass. Cooking the fuel mixture is highly discouraged in large volumes, that is, for the future. After all, if it is stored for a long time, the defining properties of the substance are lost. Therefore, if the grass trimmer does not start, it is worth draining the old fuel and using a freshly prepared fuel mixture.
Diagnosing the spark plug duct
What to do if the fuel mixture used is in full order, but still does not start the grass trimmer gasoline? The causes of mechanism failure may lie in excessive moisture in the spark plug duct. To make a diagnosis and eliminate the problem, it is necessary to do the following:
- Unscrew the spark plug. Wipe it thoroughly and then dry it.
- Drain the excessive fuel in the chamber through the appropriate spark plug hole.
- Clean the old spark plug if it has soot on its surface. Use a regular nail file or a nail file to do the job.
- When reinstalling the element, maintain a gap of 1 mm. To check the parameter, it is enough to place any coin in the gap.
- Reassemble the functional unit.
- Try to start the grass trimmer.
Perform drying of the candle channel is recommended for at least half an hour. But you should by no means resort to burning its elements. After all, the heating of the spark plug can lead to its final damage. What to do if the service of the functional unit was performed in accordance with the above recommendations, but the grass trimmer does not start, but there is a spark? In such a case, it is worth to treat the threaded connection with gasoline. It is not necessary to soak the lawn mower in plenty of fuel. It should be only slightly dampened. This should be used to ensure ignition. After all, no matter how strong the spark is candle, in a completely dry chamber simply will not have anything to ignite.
Chinese lawnmower does not start.This is interesting.
Spare parts for Chinese brushcutters The Chinese lawnmower does not start.
If even in this case, the grass trimmer does not start, it is worth evaluating the quality of contact between the high-voltage wire and the spark plug. If there is no spark (if there is a reliable connection between the above elements), the problem is most likely caused by a broken ignition unit. In this situation, you will have to turn to the services of craftsmen, who will perform the reinstallation of the node.
Checking the filters
Another common reason why the grass trimmer does not start, is the presence of a clog in the filter area. To confirm the conjecture, it is enough to dismantle the specified block and try to start the machine without it. If the grass trimmer engine started, most likely you will have to replace the air filter or at least perform a thorough purge of the old one. If there is heavy contamination on the surface of the filter element it is necessary to use a new mesh. When resorting to such actions, you should not leave the suction pipe without filter at all. After all, a hurry in this case can lead to the need to repair the entire piston group of the unit’s engine.
Spark Plug Fuel Fouling. Rough Idle, Won’t Run (Diagnose & Fix)
Often the engine of branded models of trimmers glows as a result of clogging the breather. The main task of this component is to equalize pressure in the fuel tank. In the case of contamination of the node here a vacuum is formed, which significantly complicates the fuel supply. Clean the breather plug with an ordinary sewing needle to solve the problem.
Diagnosing the exhaust port
Stable operation of the grass trimmer can be disrupted as a result of a layer of dirt in the exhaust duct or the formation of a clog on the muffler grid. Such a problem most often occurs during the operation of older trimmer models. Solves the problem by removing the anti-sparking grid and its cleaning.
How to prevent sudden breakdowns during the operation of the grass trimmer?
To ensure that the unit is always in functional condition, it is worth observing a few simple rules:
- Carry out timely, regular technical inspection of the main mechanical units of the device.
- Only fill grass trimmer with fresh fuel, the quality and origin of which is not in doubt.
- Check after each use of the tool to see if oxides and fouling have formed on the surface of the ignition system components.
- Avoid strong stress on the grass trimmer during work.
To keep your machine in working order, you need to properly prepare it for winter storage. First disassemble the tool completely, then rinse and clean the components. It is also important to inspect the functional units for damage, if necessary eliminate deformation of parts, all sorts of misalignment, torn materials.
Recommendations for storing a gasoline grass trimmer in the off-season
When putting the grass trimmer in storage, you should fill the gearbox with enough oil. Then you need to clean the air filter, partially disassemble, purge and flush the unit’s engine. After drying all mechanisms, you should lubricate the moving elements. To perform oil treatment of the piston system, you must first remove the spark plug. Then you need to move the piston to the extreme position, and then pour a small amount of oil into the plug hole and crank the crankshaft. If it is planned to store the gasoline trimmer for grass in the off-season is not in the house, it is recommended to wrap the engine of the unit tightly with oiled rags. This will avoid the development of corrosion on the surface of important parts of the mechanism.
What to do if your lawn mower or grass trimmer won’t start
ProfiDom journalists.com.ua advise: start troubleshooting on our recommendations and with a high probability you will be able to start the engine gasoline trimmer.
With what to start troubleshooting, when the lawnmower does not start, what nodes should be checked?
To start the gasoline trimmers use manual starters. Through these starters, the manual movement of the crankshaft. It is important to switch on the ignition, so that when the crankshaft rotates, the fuel-air mixture entering the cylinder can ignite. Ignition of the first portion of the mixture will start the engine and the grass trimmer is ready for use.
However, it very often happens that attempts to start the engine are frustrated. Naturally, when after 5 attempts to start the engine, no success can be achieved, then it is necessary to proceed to diagnostic measures. There is a special sequence, which should be followed to find the reason why the lawn mower does not start, and successfully eliminate it.