the mower cuts out when the throttle is pressed. What might have broken
The causes of power loss in the brushcutter. Lawn mower does not develop full power
Anyone who owns a garden or a plot of land, is well aware of the problems of dealing with excess vegetation. Now the grass trimmer has come to the rescue, which has successfully replaced the usual mower in this field. This unit is very convenient in operation, but it, like any mechanism, tends to fail due to hard working conditions or incorrect operation. Situations when the grass trimmer does not pick up speed are quite common. To understand this problem, it is necessary to understand some aspects related to the functioning of the machine.
All grass trimmers are classified according to the type of power supply: gasoline or electricity (from the network or battery). It should be noted that gasoline mowers are superior to their electric and battery-powered counterparts in many ways. Despite the fact that they all perform similar functions, the difference in performance, maneuverability and efficiency is very noticeable. However, the general principle of operation of all types of manual mowers is almost the same. the devices are equipped with engines (two- or four-stroke ICE or electric motors), which drive the cutting unit (spool with a fishing line or metal disc). All elements are fixed on a straight or curved boom, including the handle to control the trimmer, on which the main buttons are located.
Since the problem of weak revolutions is more characteristic of gasoline versions of trimmers, they will be given more attention. So, the lawnmower is very comfortable in operation and unpretentious in maintenance. In this case, most of its faults are caused by the ignorance of the user of the elementary things, which are written about in the instructions. Therefore, before proceeding to operate the unit, it is necessary to carefully study the manufacturer’s manual. In particular, to start the engine, it is necessary to do the following sequential steps:
- turn on the ignition button;
- press several times on the silicone button to pump the gasoline;
- close the air damper;
- set the throttle lever in the position for high revolutions;
- first, make slight jerks with the starter handle to feel the resistance of the engine, then yank sharply.
If the lawnmower starts but then stalls, put the choke shutter in the middle position and try again. When the engine starts, you need to turn off the gas and open the air damper, as the grass trimmer works only on the suction.
Important! The operation of the grass trimmer depends on various environmental influences. The engine needs more time to cool down in hot weather. When working in dense thickets or high vegetation, the engine also overheats heavily. It is necessary to take five minute breaks every 15-20 minutes.
Causes of poor grass trimmer rpm
If users complain about the grass trimmer, which does not pick up speed, it means that at idle it works fine, but when you press the gas does not develop the necessary power. This can occur as a result of long idle time without activity. These problems are typical for gasoline devices, including Husqvarna 128r, STIHL FS 38 and Hitachi different modifications.
When working with a trimmer, you should always monitor its behavior. a drop in rpm and unusual noises signal malfunctions in the machine. Sometimes you give throttle, and the grass trimmer floats. In such cases, work must immediately be suspended, allow the mechanism to cool down and begin troubleshooting. They can be of a different nature, both technological plan, and external factors related to the conditions and characteristics of using the machine.
Several factors, not related to its failure, have an impact on the decrease in the lawnmower’s RPM:
- contamination of the filter due to the ingress of dirt and dust particles;
- use of low-quality fuel;
- Incorrectly prepared mixture (important for trimmers with two-stroke gasoline engines);
- contamination of the muffler mesh with particles of vegetation, soil elements and other objects.
In the second and third cases there is formation of carbon deposits in the combustion chamber and clogging of carburetor elements.
Technical problems with lawnmower mainly take place in the fuel system and ignition. You can do it yourself.
- If the lawn mower does not start or stops, the problem could be the spark plug. Dark soot indicates poor adjustment of the carburetor and low quality gasoline.
- A clogged fuel hose may be the reason the grass trimmer malfunctions. Filters also tend to get clogged.
- Another internal problem. the muffler is covered with soot. It causes the grass trimmer’s revolutions to drop drastically. The way out is to clean the muffler.
Important! If the machine does not run due to engine failure, serious problems can arise. In this case, the only problem that can be fixed with your own hands is the destruction of the piston rings. With more serious problems with the engine, if there is no warranty, you should be prepared to visit a workshop.
The lawnmower stops when you press the gas, how to fix the breakdown
There can be many reasons why your lawn mower breaks down. Here are some of the most common ones, and we hope that you will find yours and fix it. So, one of the situations is clogging the air valve, the hole behind which the fuel is sprayed. If something has gotten into it, it can most often be quickly and easily removed. This is the simplest cause, as well as a clogged filter. It should be washed in solvent and then well blown with compressed air. If it can not be repaired. then order a new one in the spare parts store KosiKosa.
When the grasshopper stalls at high speeds, it is due to the following malfunctions:
- If something has fallen into it, this can most often be removed quickly and easily;
- the carburetor is unadjusted due to the vibrations that occur during operation of the mechanism;
- problems with fuel mixture circulation;
- atmospheric air inflow;
- the hose intended for fuel intake is cracked or poorly connected.
Adjust the carburetor, based on the operating instructions to the trimmer. It is often sufficient to loosen the tightening of its housing for adjustment. If there are problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture, it may flow into the carburetor a little bit. After its exhaustion, the engine stops at high revolutions.
Causes of malfunction and their elimination
To most accurately determine the cause of malfunction of any brand grass trimmer (e.g., Echo) and find out the possibility of its elimination, it is necessary to establish, when performing what action the device stalls. The engine can shut down both at idle and at high rpm, when heated under load or immediately after starting, etc.д.
If it stalls after the gas is applied
Owners of gasoline-powered mowers quite often mention that the lawnmower stalls when the gas is pressed. Usually such a breakdown occurs due to problems in the carburetor. Failure in its operation can occur due to prolonged storage, use in harsh conditions, significant overloading of the motor. The symptom of such a breakdown will be vibrating movements of the device when working.
For your information! Users familiar with automotive carburetor repair can try to repair this important grass trimmer assembly on their own, using the instruction manual. Otherwise, the right thing to do is to ask for help from a service center.
Sometimes the grass trimmer stops when you throttle because the fuel valve is clogged. It interferes with the gasoline supply. To solve the problem, it is sufficient to loosen the valves. That way the carburetor’s normal fuel supply will be restored.
Grass trimmer malfunctions
Grass trimmer. a convenient and affordable replacement for a lawnmower. Its cutting part is made in the form of a fishing line, blades or a disc, mounted on a drum, which is covered by a protective cover from above. The basis of the design is the rod, which is adjustable in height, on the end there is a convenient handle and a shoulder strap.
As any other technique, the grass trimmer can break down unplanned, and in order that the breakdown did not lead to the final failure of the tool, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with this article. The unit can break down for various reasons. Breakdowns occur in new trimmers, as well as in those that have long been in use.
Failure of electric models
Causes of the electric lawnmower turning off unexpectedly are cord breakage or lack of power. In the first case, it is recommended to check the cable for breakage. To replace the power cord, you will need to pull the plug out of the socket, open and remove the switch cover.
Before unscrewing the cable clamp strip? It is necessary to remember the scheme of its connection to the switch. To disconnect the cord, use a hexagon socket (1 mm diameter). The clamp is released, the conductors are removed. A multimeter is used to check the cable for interruption. If necessary, a new cord must be installed. In this case, follow the reverse sequence.
In the second case it is recommended to connect another device to the mains. Electrical apparatus may not work if the fuse in the plug is damaged. To repair, the plug must be disassembled. Use a screwdriver and a tester for this.
Motor malfunctions occur when the lawnmower is overheated:
In the first case it is recommended to wait a few minutes for the motor to cool down. In the second case, it will be necessary to remove the jammed object. The efficiency of the cooling system depends on the condition of the air filter.
Dirty device poor air flow, which contributes to the disabling of the machine. Experts advise cleaning and changing the filter once every 3 months (if the lawnmower is used continuously).
If the electric motor is broken, there is a corresponding smell and noise. In this case you will need to replace the drive.
Motor vibration at idle, on a cold or warm engine: possible causes
At a glance, the reasons for the appearance of ICE vibration are many, ranging from torn pads (supports) of the engine and ending with ignition skips and touching the power unit. For a more accurate determination, first of all, you should pay attention to one or the other symptoms.
The fact is that the vibration may be constant (regardless of warm-up and loads on the unit), and manifested in a certain mode of operation (idle or high RPM, when cold or hot). engine vibration can manifest itself in a cold engine, but as you warm up completely disappears. Let’s find out.
- For example, if the engine has been recently disassembled for repair (perhaps a complete overhaul), then it is highly probable that the crankshaft was not properly balanced after the reassembly. The result is runout and increased vibration.
- Note also that after the repair of the engine, the imbalance and vibrations may be caused by the different weight of the parts of the cylinder-piston group. The more will be the difference in weight, the stronger will be the vibrations. For this reason, experienced craftsmen weigh the pistons, pins, etc. before assembly.д.
- the engine often runs flat, meaning that one or more cylinders either malfunction or don’t work at all for whatever reason. As a general rule, eliminating the cause of the trona automatically eliminates the presence of powertrain vibration.
- It is also worth mentioning that a timing belt or chain, if aligned incorrectly, also causes vibrations.this is why the engine does not run smoothly, because the timing is off.
- Many engines have special balancer shafts in their design, which are needed to “dampen” vibrations. It is quite obvious that problems with these shafts will lead to increased vibration of the engine.
Engine pads are one of the most common causes of engine vibration. In fact, it is a damper made of rubber on many cars to absorb vibrations. As we know, over time rubber dries out and cracks, loses its properties as a result of getting technical liquids, etc.д. Most importantly, an engine with a damaged cushion cannot run smoothly.
- If you have recently switched from one car to another, you should take into account that different engines may differ in terms of vibration load. The number of cylinders, layout, and a number of other features affect the vibration level. In simple words, a normal inline 6-cylinder engine can run with less vibration than a 4-cylinder and, moreover, a 3-cylinder engine. In this case, we are not talking about malfunctions, since for a particular engine a certain level of vibration can be considered the norm.
- To reduce vibrations, many engines have the so-called torsional vibration damper on the crankshaft. If there are problems with the element, the engine will begin to vibrate more.
As you can see, at the initial stage it is important to accurately determine the cause of increased vibration. For example, in most cases, it is enough to replace the engine mount or solve the problem of the engine tripping. However, it also happens that the power unit itself needs to be disassembled and repaired.
Repair of mechanical mowers is carried out by blunted or damaged cutting elements. In this case, experts recommend dismantling removable blades by yourself. To sharpen them, an emery is used. If necessary, the battery of cordless models is replaced.
Before repairing the lawnmower, the type of motor is determined:
lawn mower stops at high engine speeds
During operation, a situation arises when, when you press the fuel mixture supply key, the unit’s rpm begins to decrease rather than increase. Failure of this nature can be caused:
Fuel hoses on brushcutter with filter
- by etching atmospheric air into the combustion chamber;
- problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- a clogged breather in the fuel tank cap (cleaning the hole with a fine sewing needle);
- Improper carburetor adjustment.
If there is air leakage during internal combustion engine operation it is necessary to check the tightness of connection pipes and the integrity of gaskets in the cylinder head. Problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture can be solved by removing clogs in the fuel pipes leading to the carburetor. If there is a vacuum in the tank and the fuel mixture does not flow to the carburetor, it is enough to clean the breather with a fine needle and blow with air.
Why does the lawnmower not start?
To understand what has caused the device in a defective condition, you can disassemble it. Do it with care and attention, there are many small parts inside that are easy to break. There are 2 types of damage: mechanical, electrical. Consider the most popular reasons why the lawnmower does not start and stalls:
- carburetor is out of order;
- bolt connections are loose;
- engine failure;
- jammed moving components of the mechanism (crankshaft, piston);
- blocking of cutting tool (cylinder) by foreign object. branches, sticks, hard grass, stones, etc.;
- The oil and fuel supply system is broken;
- The spark plug has failed;
- Belt is stretched or torn;
- Small or too much clearance between the parts inside the structure;
- A faulty on/off switch;
- Dirty fuel hose, ventilation grills;
- clogged air filter.
If you use the gasoline lawnmower for a long time without interruption. the device stalls. Why does the lawn mower freeze and not start when hot?? Engine overvoltage occurs. It is better to postpone mowing, let the lawnmower stand, after it has stalled, most likely the cause is the overheating of the device.
In some cases, this is a temporary phenomenon, after the motor has cooled down, the technique can work again. Still, you should not spend hours mowing. With active use, the life of the equipment decreases. On average, repairs are required 4 years after purchasing the product.
The symptoms of malfunctions
The first thing you may notice is a deterioration in the quality of the device. Grass is not cut evenly enough, missing spots are left on the lawn. It happens because the engine starts to malfunction, its power is reduced. Top 5 symptoms that indicate a malfunction:
- Increased vibration of the device.
- Excessive noise during operation.
- Lawn mower starts and stops.
- The machine shuts down on its own.
- The machine whistles.
The 3 main reasons the lawnmower cuts out are improper use, overloading, working too long (engine overheating). The system is cooled, thanks to the air filter, it should be checked every time you use the garden equipment. What to do to prevent the lawnmower from stalling. before turning on the device, check for gasoline in the tank, check for oil. It is recommended to clean the filter after every mowing.
Read also from
What gasoline is in the lawnmower Husqvarna
Lawn mower oil: how to change it correctly and what liquid is better to pour Lawn mower is a very necessary thing for those who need to repeatedly mow grass on lawns and other ground areas. But with the purchase of this tool should not forget that he, like any other mechanism, asks for repeated maintenance. Husqvarna gasoline mower lawn mower 
Huter lawn mower Carburetor adjustment
Adjusting the carburetor of a chainsaw with his own hands For an independent option of the carburetor it is necessary to become familiar with his device and understand the order of works that are carried out to adjust the parts responsible for the proper functioning of the components of the device and close to him parts. It is necessary to handle the objects for the system carefully, also check if the settings are within the very permissible values. About Carburetor Construction The carburetor 
How to Fill a line for a trimmer in a gasoline mower
Step by step tutorial, how to wind the line for trimmer on the grass trimmer spool With the advent of spring you often spend your time in the country or homestead. Grass trimmer protects you from such a problem as grass and weeds. This tool easily mows and trims grass in difficult areas, where a normal lawnmower can’t do it. Grass trimmer. very efficient and 
At high rpm
When the grass trimmer stops at high revolutions, it is due to the following problems:
- clogging or jamming of the valve located on the gas tank lid;
- The carburetor has become misaligned due to vibrations from the mechanism;
- problems with circulation of the fuel mixture;
- atmospheric air intake;
- The hose intended for the fuel intake is cracked or poorly connected.
The carburetor is adjusted, based on the operating instructions for the trimmer. It is often sufficient to loosen the tightening of its body for adjustment. If there are problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture, it may slowly flow into the carburetor. After its development, the engine stops at high revolutions.
Grass trimmer stalls when you step on the gas
Those who have lawns on the homestead plot know that the trimmer for grass. quite a useful thing, which will help quickly and efficiently bring order to the lawn or cleanse from weeds heavily overgrown territory. And, like any mechanism, it, too, often fails due to various breakdowns. One of the most common complaints among owners of the device is that the grass trimmer stops when you press the gas. We propose to understand the main causes of this phenomenon and identify ways to solve the problem.
Why does the weed trimmer quit on the gas??
- Unfortunately, the situation in which the engine shuts down when you press the gas grass trimmer, can occur in many cases. The most common “culprit” for malfunctions is the carburetor. This is the most common reason why the grass trimmer stalls. As a rule, trouble occurs when the carburetor is razregulated, which can occur after long storage, after operation in adverse conditions, strong loads on the engine. The carburetor is easy to blame if the grass trimmer vibrates. If you have experience repairing a car carburetor, it makes sense to try to repair it yourself, using the user manual. Although it is much more reliable to give the part to repairprofessionals in the service center.
- Another reason why the grass trimmer stalls when you give throttle could be a clog in the fuel valve, which is an obstruction to the normal flow of fuel. The problem can be easily solved by loosening the valves, after which the normal delivery of gasoline to the carburetor is possible.
- If you have a similar problem, pay attention to the check valve. the breather valve. Being in the gas tank, the check valve prevents the vacuum in the tank. If the breather plug is dirty, no air is coming in, so the fuel supply is cut off.
- Not infrequently, without picking up speed, the grass trimmer stops under heavy load. This happens if the cable, located in the carburetor, is loose and hanging down. It can also happen that an over-tensioned fuel intake hose becomes too loose under load, it cracks, and eventually bursts. If such a problem occurs, this component must be replaced.
As you can see, the reasons why the grass trimmer can stall when you press the gas, many. That is why it is important to monitor the condition of your mate, check the condition of all systems of the mechanism in time.
In the process of construction work there are situations when you need to cut sheet metal. Cope with this problem will help such a handy tool, as lever scissors designed for curved and straight cutting. Their characteristics are described in this article.
As a rule, conventional garden grass trimmers for grass are used in a set with a fishing line. But if you need to mow young growth of bushes or trees, or very hard grass, without a disc grass trimmer can not do without. Read about grass trimmer discs in this article.
Many novice seamstresses pay a lot of attention to the choice of a sewing machine, thread and fabric, and completely forget about scissors. And after all, quality scissors are among the basic tools of a tailor. Read more about them in our article.
Cosmetic treatments at home, skin rejuvenation, getting rid of cellulite. all made possible by natural sponges that literally grow on branches. What are the advantages of loofah sponges, what are the subtleties of their use and cultivation. in the article.
At high rpm
The hole in the fuel cap (breather) of the grass trimmer
In case of the same problem it is worth to pay attention to the fuel valve, which in case of clogging stops to pass the fuel mixture normally. The way to solve this problem is to loosen it with a suitable tool. In addition, the problem with circulation of the fuel mixture can be hidden in a clogged valve. To do this, it is enough to blow it with a stream of compressed air.
- by the etching of atmospheric air into the combustion chamber;
- problems with fuel mixture circulation;
- clogging of the breather plug in the fuel tank lid (cleaning the hole with a fine sewing needle);
- Improper adjustment of the carburetor.
At air drainage during combustion engine operation it is necessary to check the tightness of connection pipes and the integrity of the gaskets in the cylinder head. Fuel mixture circulation problem can be solved by removing blockages in the fuel pipes leading to the carburetor. If there is a vacuum in the tank and the fuel mixture does not flow to the carburetor, it is sufficient to clean the breather valve with a fine needle and blow with air.
If the lawnmower stops when you press the throttle, the causes may be.
- The most common variant is a carburetor adjustment failure, which occurs when there are significant loads on the actuator, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism or when it is used in harsh conditions.
- Clogging of the fuel valve, which is eliminated by loosening it, resulting in the normal flow of gasoline through the system.
- Loose or hanging cable in the carburettor. The fuel hose can also become stretched or even burst, caused by the action of a considerable load.
- A clogged breather valve (check valve), which results in no fuel entering the tank.
If the problem is related to the carburetor unit, it can be recognized by the appearance of vibrations of the lawnmower. When the hose bursts or the cable is stretched. replace these components.
When the grasshopper stalls at high revolutions, it is associated with the following malfunctions
- clogging or sticking of the valve located on the petrol tank lid;
- The carburetor has become misaligned due to vibrations that occur during operation of the mechanism;
- Problems with fuel mixture circulation;
- Atmospheric air leakage;
- the hose intended for fuel intake is cracked or poorly connected.
Adjust the carburettor depending on the instruction manual of the trimmer. It is often sufficient to loosen the tightening of the carburettor housing for adjustment. If there are problems with the fuel mixture circulation, the fuel mixture can leak into the carburettor a little bit. The engine stops at high engine speeds after it has run out.
Most often, in the periods when the lawnmower stops when adding gas, the cause will be the air damper, or rather, its condition: it is clogged. Structurally, the part is located where the received fuel is atomized behind it, and accordingly, the product collects all the inclusions in low-quality gasoline.
- clogged air valve;
- clogged fuel filter, and when you give gas, it is especially noticeable;
- air leakage by crankshaft oil seals;
- The gasket between the cylinder and carb is damaged.
When you have cleaned, flushed and purged the elements, but again the lawnmower stalls when you press the gas. replace them with new ones, check the quality of fuel, as well as the literacy of the proportions of the mixture prepared. When the air damper is open, the tool will stall for the following reasons:
- Malfunction of the carburetor metering system.
- Cracked fuel hose caused air intake.
- Problems with oil seals.
READ MORE: Best robot vacuum cleaners of 2021: Top 10 Flagships
In the process of work, there are situations where the lawnmower at high revolutions is subject to a similar abrupt stop. It occurs for the following reasons:
- Due to problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- with an air suction;
- the fuel intake hose is loose or cracked and can no longer be operated;
- the valve on the gasoline tank lid is stuck or clogged;
- carburetor razregulirovalis.
In most cases, however, the cause will be the carburetor and related filters, hoses. If you need cutting gear or trimmer heads, then buy them also gladly offer our website gasoline tools and accessories for them.
The engine starts up immediately after starting the engine
The machine can stop right after start if the carburetor is displaced or incorrectly adjusted. This causes an uneven fuel supply. As a result, the unit clearly vibrates. To eliminate the defects, the carburetor is readjusted, following the annotation to the mechanism.
In addition, the engine stops when the fuel valve is clogged. In such cases, it is quite easy to clean it. If the hedge trimmer starts up, but then stalls right away, the fuel may be having some difficulty getting into the carburetor assembly. Solve the problem by loosening the valve, which allows the free circulation of consistency in the system.
Also stop can be caused by air leaks in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks), receiving fuel. In this case, increase the engine rpm to remove air bubbles from the system faster.
Immediately after starting the engine
The machine can stop right after start-up if the carburetor is displaced or incorrectly adjusted. it causes an uneven fuel supply. As a result, the unit clearly vibrates. To correct the defects, the carburetor is readjusted, following the annotation to the mechanism.
In addition, the engine stops when the fuel valve is clogged. In such cases, it is quite easy to clean it. If the shrubbery mower at first works, but later stalls immediately, it may be that the fuel has some difficulty getting into the carburetor unit. Solving the problem helps to loosen the valve, which allows free circulation of consistency in the system.
Stopping can also be caused by air leaks in the presence of mechanical damages (holes, cracks) of the hose that receives fuel. In this case, increase the drive speed to remove the air bubbles from the system more quickly.
Where to look for the problem or where to start looking?
All chainsaws have the same design, and work on the same principle. You can read about chainsaw construction in this material. STIHL, Husqvarna, ECHO, Champion, Partner, Sturm and other brands are not important. Trouble, manifested in the form when the chainsaw stops when you press the gas, can arise in the same way as in the expensive and high-quality tools, and the budget Chinese devices. If there is a problem, it must be solved.
A chainsaw is a system of mechanisms made up of parts. Any part in the mechanism may malfunction, resulting in partial or complete failure of the tool. If the tool’s engine starts, it does not necessarily mean the chain saw is in good working order. If the engine stops working when you rev up, there is a reason for it. When this malfunction occurs, you should initially pay attention to a number of the following mechanisms of the tool:
- Check the gas tank. make sure there is fuel. If you have enough fuel, you should also check if the fuel filter is working properly, if the fuel hose is connected to the carburetor, and if the breather valve is working
These are the main parts and mechanisms that should be checked first if a malfunction occurs when the chainsaw stalls when the gas pedal is depressed. There are other reasons why the chainsaw engine stalls when the throttle trigger is pressed. What else can contribute to the occurrence of this malfunction, as well as peculiarities of troubleshooting, we will find out further.