The Petrol Lawn Mower Won’T Start
The petrol lawn mower will not start The petrol lawn mower will not start. Why?
The petrol lawn mower will not start. Why?
If at the first start, your new lawn mower refuses to start, try the following: based on the air temperature outside, set the appropriate air damper position (at temperatures less than 30 C, the damper is closed, over 30 C half-closed position), then pump fuel into the carburetor and carefully, but pull the starter handle rather sharply until you feel some resistance. Repeat these steps in the same sequence several times. A brand new instrument must start. If this finally happened, you can safely start working by opening the damper completely beforehand.
If the mower is no longer new, then it is necessary to start its inspection from the gas tank. If the device has not been in operation for a long time, then it is necessary to drain off the old gasoline, which has a peculiarity of running out, i.E. Lose its octane properties, and refill with fresh fuel mixture. The gasoline / fuel ratio, as well as the required grades, are usually indicated in the operating instructions for the tool.
Now you need to check the spark plug, either the problem is in it or in the fuel system. The candle must be carefully unscrewed and its condition evaluated. If the candle is heavily flooded or there is black carbon on it, then it must be removed, cleaned and dried. Drain the excess fuel, if any, from the spark plug holes, drain the cylinder itself, then screw in the dried or, even more desirable, a completely new plug. If the plug was completely dry initially, you need to look for a problem in the fuel supply system. Check the fuel filter first. To do this, disconnect the suction hose and remove the dirty filter from it, clean and reinstall it, or replace it with a new one. If this does not help, you should contact the service center specialists.
Will not start after winter
In this case, you just need to drain the old and, possibly, even frozen fuel and fill in the freshly prepared mixture. Then you need to perform the same manipulations as during the first start of the lawn mower.
Starts up and stalls
If the mower stalls after starting, check the air filter. When this filter is heavily clogged with dust, it stops passing the required amount of air into the carburetor and allows dust to enter the fuel mixture. It is necessary to carefully remove the contaminated filter, clean and rinse in gasoline. If the air filter is clean, and the tool still stalls, then it is better to contact a professional to determine the cause of the malfunction and eliminate it.
Garden equipment repair and service.
Specialized service center “Agrotechservice”. Comprehensive warranty and post-warranty maintenance of garden and municipal equipment from world manufacturers! We sell spare parts with delivery throughout Russia!
The benzokos does not start on a cold
When starting a cold engine, it is not recommended to press the gas. Tilting the brushcutter so that the air filter is on top, press the fuel suction button 5-6 times, set the function switch lever to the start position, pull the starter cord several times until the engine starts. After a few seconds of running the motor, turn off the starting system.
The benzokos starts up and stalls. What to do?
1. There is a spark, and everything seems to be normal, but the petrol cutter will not start, in such cases, you should check the air access valve to the fuel tank. A clogged valve leads to the creation of a vacuum in the tank, in which the carburetor does not receive enough gasoline, so the petrol brush will start, but then stall. To exclude this reason, you need to clean the valve and try to start a petrol cutter with a tank cap that is not completely twisted.
2. If the brushcutter does not start at the same time, you should remove and clean the fuel filter, as well as check all the carburetor parts, and then try to start. The petrol cutter will not start again, the air filter is disconnected, try to start without it, if the mower starts up, the reason is in the air filter, replace it.
The gasoline cutter won’t start after winter
In such cases, the unit must be serviced. Remove the fuel system, including filters (air, fuel), disassemble the carburetor, clean and rinse each unit. Blow out the filters with air. Pay attention to fuel quality and octane number.
It should be borne in mind that products of such well-known companies as STIHL, Husgvarna and other brands will not run on cheap gasoline with a low octane number.
Suitable fuel for them is from the AI 92 brand and above from car refueling stations and then from well-recommended ones, since there is also bad gasoline at refueling stations. The use of high-octane and high-quality gasoline will determine how long the brushcutter will be used and how long it will last.
It is necessary to take into account one more fact that with a long storage of a diluted fuel mixture, its working qualities fall, which also leads to consequences in which the petrol cutter will not start. Therefore, it should be diluted in portions, that is, the amount of the mixture that is produced at a time.
The operating instructions clearly describe and explain the mixing ratio of gasoline and oil. Strict observance of the correct proportions will at least save you from several questions about why the petrol cutter will not start and what to do in such cases.
The petrol cutter will not start or will start, but stalls. What is the reason?
To understand this, you need to know the principle of operation of the unit as a whole. It also happens that, just bought, a new saw does not start, and it starts running around the service centers, in such cases it is recommended:
Carefully read the instruction manual;
to study in detail the method of the first start-up and running-in of petrol cutters;
try to understand how the product works;
how gasoline is pumped up and so on.
Reasons for malfunction of petrol cutters:
The quality of gasoline is poor;
incorrect proportion of gasoline and oil;
clogging of the fine filter;
the spark was gone.
The petrol cutter will not start, the spark is gone
The loss of a spark entails checking the contacts and the correctness of the gap between them, the conducting wires to the candle and the candle itself.
The way to check the spark is to unscrew the candle, connect a wire to it, put the candle sideways to the engine casing and pull the starter several times as if starting a petrol cutter, while looking at the coal and the contact of the candle, a spark should run between them.
If there is no spark, take a new candle, follow the same procedure, if the spark cannot be traced, then there is a problem in the wire or contacts, it is better to replace them.
The benzokos does not start when hot
If the brushcutter was recently in operation and has not yet had time to cool down but does not want to start, press the gas trigger, pull the starter cord sharply several times until the engine starts and only then the gas trigger is released. If enough time has passed and the brushcutter has managed to cool down, then it is necessary to start it as if it were cold.
Especially difficult start the lawn mower after long downtime. What should the user do when the garden technician refuses to work:
- If the device has not been cleaned for a long time, you need to flush the air engine, it is cleaned with gasoline (it is advisable to do this every 24 hours of operation). You can remove the filter from the device and start the unit, if the mower is working, then this is the reason.
- After winter old gasoline residues in the tank may interfere with the operation of the device. The problem is easily eliminated by replacing the fuel with a new one.
- An insufficient amount of oil in the crankcase can also be the reason why the petrol lawn mower won’t start. Check its presence, whether there is fuel in the tank.
- Incorrect position of the air damper during the first start. At temperatures ≥ 30 C, it should be in the middle position or closed. Opened on restart.
- Jamming of the crankshaft, piston can be eliminated by slightly moving these parts. The main thing is to do it carefully, so as not to break the mechanism.
- Dirt in the breather stops the fuel supply, you need to clean the part.
- Dry threaded connection with this factor, there is no ignition spark, lubricate the connection with gasoline.
- Malfunction of the spark plug, accumulation of oil on it, plaque. The candle is unscrewed, dries well, cleaned with a nail file. Excess fuel is drained, dried for at least 30 minutes. Candle hole. The part may need to be replaced if it cannot be cleaned.
- The contact of the high-voltage wire and the candle is also checked for the presence of a spark. If the latter does not occur, the fault in the ignition system will be identified and eliminated only at the service center.
Prevention of malfunctions
The rules for operating garden equipment are not complicated, if you adhere to these points, the device will last longer than the expected period:
- Always use a good quality fuel mixture.
- Do not work in the rain.
- Prime fuel to carburetor.
- Pour the required amount of gasoline into the tank, exclude the ingress of fuel on the engine.
- Mow intermittently. Give the device some time to cool down and rest. A petrol lawn mower will often not start when hot.
- Clean the complete set of the structure only after the engine has cooled down. Should be cleaned: knives, channels, filters, container. It is advisable to do this with the use of special cleaning solutions so that corrosion of metal elements can be avoided.
- Store the device in a dry, warm room, eliminate moisture ingress.
- In the course of work, do not put pressure on the device, make smooth forward movements, move along the site. Chaotic back and forth movements wear out the machine faster.
- If the device is not used for a long time, it is necessary to replace the fuel with a new one. Gasoline stagnates in the system, preventing the unit from functioning normally.
It should be noted that with the onset of cold weather, the car is removed as unnecessary, it is recommended to drain all gasoline for this period (it is explosive during stagnation). How to properly prepare your lawnmower for work after winter: inspect the entire body for defects, drain and replace gasoline, check for oil, start the car for the first time with the air damper slightly open or closed.
Troubleshooting by professionals
The service station is not only for the car, but also for the garden technique. Usually, a service center is contacted in the event of a piston and carburetor malfunction of the device. Why and why a gasoline lawn mower won’t start in these cases, the masters are determined:
- Damage to the integrity of the device or individual parts with a tonometer, using pressure, find the affected area, seal it.
- Clogged channels, nozzles, elements are blown through with air, cleaning fluids are used.
- Worn pistons, gasket replace the assembly part.
Why won’t the mower start?
The first thing that a user can notice is a deterioration in the quality of the device. The grass is not mowed evenly enough, leaving missing spots on the lawn. This happens because the motor starts to junk, its power decreases. TOP 5 symptoms indicating a problem:
- Increased vibration of the device.
- Increased operating noise.
- The lawnmower starts and stops.
- The device switches itself off.
- The car whistles.
Top 3 reasons why lawn mower stalls improper operation, overload, long-term operation (motor overheating). The system is cooled thanks to the air filter, it should be checked every time you use garden equipment. How to keep your lawnmower from stalling before turning on the device, check the presence of gasoline in the tank, whether there is oil. It is recommended to clean the filter after each mowing.
The structure of a gasoline lawn mower
Before you repair the device, you need to figure out what it consists of. There are many models of garden equipment from different brands: self-propelled, non-self-propelled. They all work the same way. Component elements of the structure:
- Platform on wheels;
- Gasoline engine (starter, carburetor, ignition and fuel supply system, air damper, filter, piston system, fuel tank.);
- Hand grip;
- Water jet nozzle;
- Cutting elements (knives);
- Grass collector (container);
- Unit for throwing out freshly cut grass;
- Buttons, control levers;
- Case (aluminum, steel, plastic).
Complex reasons for the failure of petrol cutters
If the step-by-step troubleshooting algorithm does not work, and your scythe still does not start or stalls, it is worth inspecting the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for erratic tool performance. There are three main problems here:
- Clogged ducts or nozzles. All this is cleaned by special washes or blown by a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wires, as the bore may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Exit replacement of a failed gasket;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing it with a suitable pressure gauge. Watch the readings: if they do not change everything is fine, but if the pressure starts to drop, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the petrol trimmer may not start due to wear of the piston group. If chips, scratches or scuffs are found, the piston or cylinder should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory checks. A small backlash of the piston when rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. It is best to entrust this procedure to the specialists of the service center.
Why the petrol cutter won’t start troubleshooting
Caring for the personal plot, summer residents periodically encounter the fact that the petrol cutter does not start. There are many reasons for tool failure. For the correct diagnosis of the problem, the owner of a useful unit in the country needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
- How to start diagnostics of brushcutters
- Checking the fuel mixture
- We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
- Diagnostics of filters for petrol cutters
- Breather and exhaust port
- Complex reasons for the failure of petrol cutters
- Rules for the operation and storage of petrol cutters
Diagnostics of filters for petrol cutters
Another reason why the gasoline scythe stalls is the air filter. To eliminate it, try removing the filter and starting the trimmer without it. If possible, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow through and thoroughly clean the old one.
The petrol trimmer may not start if the fuel filter is dirty. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction pipe completely without a filter, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can turn into repairing the engine piston group.
We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the brushcutter stalls when starting, then a flooded candle may be the cause. Here, for repairs, an ordinary candle wrench is suitable (every motorist probably has) and a spare candle.
- We unscrew the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not ignite);
- We drain the excess fuel in the chamber through the spark plug hole and dry it;
- We clean the old candle from carbon deposits using a file or a lady’s file;
- We expose a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We put everything back in place and try to start the trimmer.
If the candle is working, the socket where it is located is completely dry, and the petrol cutter does not want to start, lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly damp. No matter how wonderful a spark the candle may give out, there is simply nothing to ignite in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, you should exclude such a reason as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire. If the connection is good and there is still no spark, most likely your ignition unit has flown. Here it will not be possible to do without a master, since the part is not repaired, but sold as a single unit.
Breather and exhaust port
Often, delicate branded petrol brushes do not start and stall due to a dirty breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. When this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, preventing the supply of fuel. You can eliminate the malfunction by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of streamers with internal combustion engines can be disrupted due to dirt entering the exhaust channel or a clogged silencer mesh. There is such a problem on older generation models. The issue can be resolved by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark grid.
How to start diagnostics of brushcutters
If the brushcutter does not start or immediately stalls after starting, it is necessary to sequentially check all the main components and assemblies. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Outlet channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be eliminated after a thorough inspection.
What to do if the petrol lawn mower won’t start?
The most important point when using any equipment is to comply with the basic rules of operation and its timely maintenance. This approach will ensure that your petrol lawn mower is working properly and for a long time. Still, sometimes unforeseen situations happen, and the device for some reason does not want to start. In our article, we will tell you about the possible causes and solutions to such a problem.
Faults that you can correct yourself
When your petrol lawnmower will not start, the first step is to check for fuel in the tank. If it is missing. Top up to the desired level. Often, when the device is not used for a long time, gasoline runs out, so it must be completely drained and refilled with new. This procedure must be done carefully so that fuel does not get onto the engine, as this can lead to ignition in the future (when the engine heats up). Which gasoline is better to use, you can find out from the technical passport of the device.
In order for the unit to start, you need to pump fuel with a primer (if available in this model) into the carburetor and set the maximum speed. You need to start the technique carefully. The starter cord must be pulled out smoothly until it stops, and then pulled towards you with one even sharp movement.
A problem can occur if the air damper is not correctly positioned during the first start. Depending on the air temperature, it is completely closed or set to the middle position (above 30 C). Then it must be fully opened.
Check the air filter for dirt. To do this, turn off the machine and disconnect the wire from the spark plug. Unscrew the cover and remove the filter. Wash it with gasoline and dry it thoroughly, or just put a new one. Remember that it is recommended to change the air filter after every 25 hours of operation.
Another reason your petrol lawnmower won’t start could be a faulty spark plug. Perhaps she was just flooded with fuel. In this case, unscrew it, clean it and check for a spark. It may not be present when the spark plug is filled with fuel. Place choke control handle (if equipped) in the CLOSED position and start the engine. If this does not help, it is better to seek help from a specialist.
Try to constantly inspect the underside of the unit, as any damage to it may cause the engine to stall.
If your petrol lawn mower started up normally but stopped working almost immediately, it is likely that the crankshaft or piston is stuck. Another reason may be insufficient oil in the crankcase. We recommend manually moving these parts and checking the oil level with a special dipstick, you may be able to correct this problem.
However, remember that the replacement and repair of all faulty components and elements should be entrusted to professionals from authorized service centers. Never do it yourself.
If you want to talk with a specialist and get advice on the issue that has arisen, call us by phone: 7 (495) 135-29-39 every day from 10.00 to 20.00. We will provide all the information you need.
What to do if your petrol lawnmower won’t start
The main thing in the use of any garden equipment (and equipment in general) is to comply with all operational requirements, as well as timely maintenance. Only under these conditions will the petrol lawn mower work properly and for a long time. However, unforeseen situations do happen, and one day the device may stop starting. Today we will find out why this is happening and how you can fix this kind of problem.
Common breakdowns and how to fix them yourself
If the mower does not want to start, then first of all check if there is any gasoline in it. If not, top up to the required level. The fact is that if the device is idle for a long time, gasoline from it seems to be exhausted, therefore, it must be drained and replaced with a new one. Do this carefully so that fuel does not get on the engine (otherwise it may ignite).
By the way, if you are just planning to buy a gasoline lawn mower or any other garden equipment, we recommend visiting gardenmoto.Ru. There you will find the widest range of products at very reasonable prices. But back to the unwillingness of the device to start.
So, the next reason why a similar problem may arise is the incorrect position of the air damper when making the first start. Based on the air temperature, this damper either closes completely or rises to the middle position (if the temperature is 30 degrees). After that, it should be opened completely.
We also recommend inspecting the air filter to see if it is dirty. To do this, turn on the mower and disconnect the cable from the spark plug. Remove the cover, remove the filter, wash it with gasoline and dry it thoroughly (or, alternatively, put a new one).
Finally, the last reason is a faulty candle (by the way, it may just be filled with gasoline). To find out, unscrew it, clean it and check for a spark. Next, close the choke and try to start the engine. If this does not work, you better trust an experienced professional.
As a result, we also recommend that you regularly study the lower part of the mower, as damage on it can cause the engine to not start. That’s all, good luck!