tiller neva does not develop momentum reason
Why does the tiller work intermittently??
Despite the durability of the motor part, it is not protected from malfunctions. The appearance of extraneous noises, jerks, pauses in her work are the main evidence that she needs urgent diagnostics and repair.
If the cultivator periodically stalls and does not develop speed, this may be due to:
- insufficient heating of the motor unit, which works in jerks. A diesel, like a gasoline cultivator, takes at least 10 minutes to warm up;
- a break in the starter cable, which is replaced with a new one instead of repair;
- loosening the screw ties between the starter and the motor;
- ratchet malfunctions, which prevents the normal operation of the starting block;
- failure of the cylinder and pistons;
- low-quality gasoline, due to which the engine does not develop revs, does not develop revs and hits the return line. The situation can be corrected without repair: after flushing the fuel tank and hoses, they simply switch to new fuel.
It also happens that the engine “does not pull”, which can be traced by the overall productivity of the device.
This can be caused by:
- clogging of filtration components;
- breakdown of magneto ignition.
Why Tiller Shoots the Silencer?
Often, in the event of malfunctions of the motor system, the tiller not only does not develop revs, but also emits obvious cutting sounds coming from the muffler. After that, it smokes and stalls, which causes obvious concerns for users.
This problem can be caused by:
- excessive intake of oil in gasoline or diesel, due to which its combustion is accompanied by the release of unnaturally pungent smoke. In this case, the repair is reduced only to cleaning the fuel system and refueling with high-quality fuel;
- a failure in the ignition adjustment or failure of its components. first of all, pay attention to the gap between the electrodes and, if necessary, set it in accordance with the operating instructions;
- incomplete combustion of fuel in the engine cylinder. In this case, the repair of the tiller engine begins with the disassembly of the entire cylinder-piston group, which is cleaned and checked for defects. It must be remembered that after such manipulations it will not be superfluous to reconfigure the carburetor.
Why does the tiller stall under load?
The problem when a tiller works with periodic drips and does not develop revs is almost the most common among gasoline and diesel units. If the tiller starts up and stalls, the main reasons for this phenomenon should be sought in the fuel supply and ignition system, the malfunctions of which may appear after 5 minutes of operation.
If the tiller does not develop speed and stalls spontaneously, you need to check:
- air filter. if it is clogged, its surface is cleaned, washed or blown out with a vacuum cleaner.
- the quality of the refueled fuel;
- an incendiary system. its diagnosis begins with a candle, according to the external state of which the functionality of the ignition is judged.
In addition to the spark plug, other tiller ignition failures are:
- incorrect gap between the electrodes;
- mechanical damage to the electrical circuit;
- unadjusted angle between the magnetic part and the coil.
Do-it-yourself repairs are allowed if provided by the user manual for a specific model of the tiller;
- muffler. the engine stalls during operation and does not develop speed due to a clogged muffler. To free it from combustion products, it is soaked in water with detergents and after washing it is dried;
- a carburetor whose setting may be incorrect;
- cylinder-piston parts, due to which the motor does not develop speed under load. This can only be checked with a compression meter.
It also happens that the cultivator suddenly stalls when tilted in both directions or only to the left or right. Most often this occurs due to insufficient oil level. At the moment of tilt, the sensor of the remaining lubricant in the crankcase may be triggered, which automatically locks the motor.
the tiller starts up and stalls, does not develop speed, malfunctions, repairs
The “heart” of any gasoline technology is the engine. Tillery is no exception. Their motor part creates a working stroke, power potential, declared performance, which together make it possible to perform certain agrotechnical operations.
But often this particular work node is the most vulnerable. Poor-quality fuel, strong overloads, lack of regular diagnostics and many other reasons cause serious malfunctions, on the timely identification and repair of which its further performance will depend. This article will be devoted to what types of breakdowns are most often characteristic of tiller motors, which ones can be diagnosed and eliminated at home.
the tiller starts up and stalls: the causes of the malfunction and the mechanisms for their elimination
From a situation when the tiller starts up, but immediately stalls at idle, the owners of either completely new or used cultivators are not insured.
It can be caused by a number of factors:
- problems in the ignition system:
- discharge or breakage of electrical contacts;
- spark plug malfunction. They can be installed only after unscrewing and external inspection. If the candle:
- dry. the cause of the malfunction lies in the carburetor, where gasoline is not supplied. It can arise due to the clogging of its filter or a separate nozzle;
- wet. the engine does not develop speed due to an excess of fuel;
- covered with carbon. the fact of its failure, due to which an incendiary spark could not form. Checking with electrodes will help to make sure of this;
- after replacing or cleaning the spark plug, the electronics are examined. the integrity of the connections and the wires themselves, which, due to strong vibration, may need to be repaired;
- shortage or poor quality of fuel. Often, the engine does not pick up speed due to an improperly prepared fuel mixture or debris in the carburetor. In this case, the repair begins with removing it from the tiller body and cleaning it from dirt particles. In parallel with this, the fuel is changed, previously draining the old one and rinsing the fuel tank and supply hoses.
- Another reason that the tiller starts up and immediately stalls, associated with gasoline, may be the depressurization of the gas tank itself. This is very often observed after a long downtime (for example, after a winter), when the tiller has not been used for a long time and was stored with gross violations. After repairing or replacing the entire fuel tank, the device’s operability is usually restored;
- cool weather, due to which diesel equipment often stalls. Therefore, in early spring, experts advise turning on the tiller only after pouring hot water into the radiator;
- malfunction of the gearbox. The fact that the cultivator does not develop speed and stalls at idle is evidenced by the characteristic knock from the gearbox, which occurs against the background of a lack of lubricant.
What to do if a tiller engine does not start well when hot?
If the tiller does not develop the rpm to hot, the fault diagnosis is carried out in the following sequence:
- after several unsuccessful attempts to start, examine the candle, as described above. If possible, it is better to immediately replace it with a new one in order to completely remove the questions on this item;
- check the compression and vacuum level in the gas tank;
- in a dark room, see if the wiring is sparking;
- make sure that a spark is generated accurately when heated. In addition to the spark plug, a faulty ignition coil can also prevent sparking.
Other causes of the malfunction include:
- lack or incorrect filling of oil, due to which a triggered sensor of its level blocks the operation of the engine part;
- failure of a valve in the fuel tank, which must maintain the pressure of gasoline. As a result, its liquid content does not flow into the carburetor.
Repairing tillers, and especially their power plant, is a responsible business that requires literacy and good dexterity. This applies not only to domestic favorites. tillers “Neva”, “Kaskad”, “Agro”, but also imported ones, for example, “Honda”. But this does not mean that repairing them with your own hands is impossible. Having a minimum stock of knowledge and following our recommendations above, you can eliminate any malfunctions at home.
Tiller transmission malfunctions
Faults in the clutch itself depend on its type. If the tiller has a belt drive that acts as a clutch, slippage can occur if there is oil contamination on the drive belt or pulley, the belt is not tensioned or is too worn. The remedies for these problems are obvious. clean the transmission elements from dirt, tighten or replace the belt.
In a dry disc clutch, slippage can be caused by oil contamination on the driven and driven discs. It should be removed by washing the disks with gasoline and drying.
Regardless of the type of clutch (dry or oil), slippage can lead to wear of the friction layer of the discs, weakening of the compression spring, lack of a gap between the pressure element and the release bearing. The remedy depends on the nature of the problem. Worn discs and springs are changed, if the clearances in the clutch are violated, the corresponding adjustment of the tiller’s clutch is carried out.
The clutch does not completely disengage. In this case, you should also start by checking the tension of the cable going from the control handle to the clutch.
Incomplete clutch disengagement can also be caused by deformation of the friction discs, sticking them on the splines, non-compliance with the required parameters of the characteristics of the oil poured into the clutch housing. The latter applies to oil bath couplings. It is necessary to replace the deformed discs, eliminate the causes of their jamming on the splines, change the oil.
Increased noise in the gearbox (gearbox). Noises in the gearbox may arise due to a lack of oil in it or a mismatch in its quality with the required parameters. in terms of brand and purity. It is necessary to add oil to the tiller gearbox or replace it.
Transmission units can make noise due to the banal non-tightening of fasteners. Need to review and tighten them.
Most often, noise occurs due to worn gears and bearings. In this case, they are harbingers of more serious breakdowns. Timely repair of the tiller gearbox, which consists in replacing worn parts, will help to avoid them.
Failure to turn on, spontaneous shutdown, or difficulty changing gears. These faults can occur for a number of reasons:
- Due to the deterioration of the parts involved in gear shifting. Usually, wear (rolling) of the ends of the engaging gears occurs, which leads to incomplete engagement and self-deactivation of the speeds. In this case, it is necessary to disassemble the tiller gearbox and dress the gear teeth by grinding or, if the wear is too great, replace them.
- Due to abrasion of the shaft splines, as well as axial displacement of the shafts due to wear on bearings and circlips. The axial position of the shafts can be adjusted by installing additional circlips. Excessively worn bearings and rings must be replaced.
- Due to improper adjustment of the clutch, which can lead to difficulty in shifting gears. The clutch is not squeezed out (disengaged) to the end. The inexperience of the operator releasing the clutch lever too early when shifting gears can also lead to this. You need to adjust the clutch and learn how to shift gears correctly.
The gearbox is a rather complex unit. If the work and device of the tiller is a complete secret for the user, you should not start repairing it yourself. It is better to entrust this work to those for whom maintenance and repair of machines is a professional matter.
The transmission units are heating up. Among the main reasons for this malfunction are the worn out bearings, insufficient level of transmission oil in the crankcases, and the inadequacy of its condition to the required parameters. Corrective action: replace bearings, top up or replace oil.
Oil leaks from the gearbox (gearbox). This occurs when worn or improperly installed oil seals of bearing assemblies, not tightened caps or damaged gaskets under them, clogging of the air valve (breather) of the oil fill cap, filling the crankcase with oil above normal. The leak is eliminated, respectively, by replacing and correctly installing the oil seals, replacing the gaskets and tightening the cap bolts, cleaning the breather, bringing the oil level to normal.
Tiller instability while moving (yaw). Different pressure in the right and left wheels, uneven wear of the tire tread, improper adjustment of trailers, in particular the plow, leads to this type of tiller movement. In this case, the adjustment of the tiller should be reduced to equalizing the pressure in the wheels and adjusting the towing devices. It is also necessary to use tires of the same degree of wear.
Increased tiller vibration. Increased vibration is usually caused by improper adjustment or loosening of attachments (cutters, rotary mowers, etc.). If vibrations occur, immediately stop the tiller and put in order the towing devices. fix the cutters or cutting segments of the rotary mower, replace them if they are worn out or broken.
The article lists only the most common malfunctions. The practice of operating tillers is replete with a much wider list of malfunctions. both atypical, which are sometimes very difficult to diagnose, and those whose nature and location is beyond doubt.
If you cannot eliminate the tiller malfunctions on your own, the only option remains. contact the service center for maintenance and repair of tillers.
Owners of tillers and cultivators sooner or later face a typical problem when their workhorse will not start or start, but stalls when the air damper is opened, starts to “shoot” or gas. To eliminate the annoying interference, you need to find out the reason for which it occurs, and then carry out proper repairs.
Reasons why the tiller won’t start and how to fix them
There are several reasons why motor vehicles do not start when starting. These include:
Vedic Culture in North India and Megalithic Culture in South India Part 2
- damage to the carburetor (in tillers with a gasoline engine);
- malfunction of ignition / glow devices;
- low lubrication level.
When strange changes appear in the cultivator and its operation becomes unstable, the carburetor is first checked. In this important unit, a fuel-air mixture (FA) is formed and dispensed for feeding into the cylinders of an internal combustion engine (ICE). And if the jets become clogged, the fuel system becomes obstructed, as a result of which the carburetor loses its ability to start the engine. To eliminate the malfunction, the fuel line is repaired, which involves a partial disassembly of the carburetor, flushing the pump, blowing the nozzles through the fuel nozzle.
Sometimes the reason that the tiller does not start lies in the malfunction of the spark plugs, which play an important role in starting the carburetor ICE, or the glow plugs that ensure the start of the diesel engine. If the fuse devices become wet, which happens due to the throwing of their fuel assemblies, then a spark begins to disappear on them. In the absence of sparking, the fuel-air mixture does not ignite, and therefore the engine cannot be started. This problem can be solved in different ways:
- make minor repairs and replace non-working candles with new ones;
- “Burn through” flooded candles and use fire to clean them of traces of gasoline.
Motorized equipment does not start due to the fact that damage to the glow plugs occurs. In a diesel engine, fuel is ignited by contact with hot air, which is heated in the cylinder by compression by a piston. This happens without any problems when the diesel engine has already warmed up and the operating temperature in it is maintained by the heated cylinder walls. But in cold weather, and especially in winter, the engine is warmed up using incandescent devices and if they are out of order, it will not be possible to start the tiller.
If, when inspecting a carburetor engine or diesel engine, no defective spark plugs were found, but the problems remain, and they are also accompanied by popping into the muffler, you should check the performance of all devices responsible for the flammability of the fuel. A malfunction in them can also be the reason that the tiller does not start. Diagnostics is best done in a service center, where professionals will find the cause of the damage and competently carry out repairs.
Motorcycles will not start even if the level of lubricant in the engine is insufficient. Some models are equipped with special control sensors, which, in the event of a lack of lubrication, do not allow the engine to start. Particular attention should be paid to those variants of the machine that do not have such sensors. Sooner or later, the level of the lubricant mixture will reach a critical value and if it is not replenished to the norm, this will soon lead to wear of parts and, as a result, to overhaul of the engine.
tiller does not develop momentum reason
For some information that may be useful when repairing a tiller, see the article Tiller device.
Preparing the tiller for launch
It is necessary to study the instructions drawn up by the manufacturer at least in order to find out what the engine has a working cycle: four-stroke (like Forte, Centaur, Lifan, Bison) or two-stroke. This is important to know, since for models with a two-stroke engine (like the Mole cultivator), a special combustible mixture is needed, consisting in a certain proportion of gasoline and oil. Due to the mismatch of the fuel, the equipment will stall, and the spark plugs and the fuel line may also suffer, which is fraught with the failure of the gas pump. and this is already a direct path to expensive repairs at the service station. You can determine whether the fuel is suitable for motor vehicles by smoke. With poor quality gasoline, it will have a white color, as is the case when the car is tilted too much.
Fuel quality is also important for a diesel tiller. It does not start in winter, or it does, but soon stalls if summer diesel fuel is poured into its engine, because at low temperatures it begins to thicken and clog the fuel line.
The start-up of motor vehicles, both in summer and in winter, must be carried out in a certain sequence. For example, to start a Krot brand motor cultivator, the following procedure is carried out:
- open the gas tap;
- put the choke lever in the “Choke” position;
- turn off the ignition and turn the engine several times with a manual start-up starter;
- restart the engine and move the lever to the “Run” position.
Situations often arise when the power unit starts easily, but after a few seconds it stalls. In this case, it is necessary to check the permeability of the sump, perhaps the reason is that the tap is clogged. then it is cleaned with gasoline.
Starting a motorcycle with a diesel engine (such as Bison, Cascade, Centaur, Neva) will be somewhat more difficult than Mole. The diesel engine starts up with “airing” the fuel line, that is, with the release of it from air accumulations. For this:
- open the fuel supply valve;
- untwist the connections of the fuel outlet channel until the fuel appears;
- tighten the connections and blow through the nozzles.
Starting a cultivator after winter or a long downtime also has its own nuances. In order to bring the machine into working condition, the following manipulations are performed:
- open the gas tap;
- check if the power is on;
- check for lubrication;
- give gas, up to about half.
And, of course, before starting motor vehicles, be it the Centaur, Cascade, Neva or Bison, they check all connections, including transmission units, clutch, starting mechanisms and, if necessary, adjust them.
The engine will not start. If we are talking about a gasoline engine, when troubleshooting, it is necessary to consistently check all possible causes of the malfunction, namely:
- Turning on the ignition.
- Fuel in the tank.
- Opening the fuel cock.
- The state of the carburetor air damper (when starting a cold engine, it must be closed).
- Fuel flow to the carburetor. To do this, you need to fill the float chamber by drowning the float button (fuel should start pouring out of the hole in the float chamber cover), or disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor and check if the gasoline runs freely. If the fuel runs too thin or does not run at all, this may indicate a dirty fuel filter in the tank or a clogged fuel tank cap air valve. Repair of the tiller in this case will be reduced to cleaning the filter or valve.
The flow of fuel into the engine cylinder may be indicated by the condition of the spark plug, which in any case must be checked when troubleshooting the ignition system. The candle is unscrewed from the cylinder cover, having previously disconnected the wire, and inspected. If it is dry, it means that the fuel mixture is not being supplied to the cylinder. And if before that it was established that gasoline enters the carburetor, it means that the reason for not starting the engine may be in the carburetor. contamination of its filter mesh, clogging of the jet or some other malfunction. Whatever it is, the carburetor needs to be removed, disassembled and cleaned, however, this device is very complex and before repairing it, you should at least look at the diagram of the carburetor.
A wet candle indicates that fuel is entering the cylinder. Sometimes the tiller does not start from an excess of fuel mixture, so if there is too much gasoline on the plug, you need to dry the cylinder by thoroughly “pumping” the engine with a hand starter with the plug turned out. Before that, you need to shut off the fuel supply.
If the plug is dirty with carbon deposits, it should be cleaned with gasoline and fine sandpaper. It is also necessary to check the size of the gap between the electrodes and, if necessary, adjust it in accordance with the requirements of the operating manual. Usually the gap should be about 0.8mm.
After that, you need to check for the presence of a spark. connect a wire to the candle, press its metal part to the cylinder cover and simulate the engine start with a starter. If the spark plug is intact, a spark will appear between the electrodes. Sometimes it happens that a spark occurs, but it is so weak that it is not enough to ignite the fuel. If in doubt about the strength of the spark, you need to check the engine with a new spark plug.
The absence of a spark can mean a malfunction of the spark plug, lack of contact in the electrical circuit, violation of the gap between the ignition coil and the magnetic circuit, malfunction of the electronic ignition coil. All of these elements must be checked. Defective spark plug and ignition coil must be replaced.
In the event that the tiller is equipped with an electric starter, the engine may not start due to a discharge of the battery, a blown fuse, or a malfunction of the starter. You need to check the battery charge, replace the fuse, repair or replace the starter.
The engine does not develop power. If the tiller engine starts, but does not develop power (it works intermittently, stalls or does not pick up speed under load), the following malfunctions may be possible reasons for unsatisfactory performance.
The air filter is dirty, as a result of which there is not enough air in the carburetor, and the fuel mixture is re-enriched. Correct maintenance of the chiller involves cleaning the air filter periodically, however, in very dusty operation, more frequent cleaning may be required. It is necessary to check the condition of the air filter and, depending on its material, clean it using one of the appropriate methods. The paper filter is cleaned by lightly tapping on something solid and blowing it with a vacuum cleaner, the foam filter is washed in water with detergent and dried, the mesh filter is blown out with a vacuum cleaner, etc. At the end of their service life, filters must be changed.
Poor fuel quality. Bad fuel must be replaced with the one recommended by the manufacturer.
The ignition system is defective. You need to check it as described above. Clean the spark plug and adjust the gap between its electrodes, check that there is no damage in the electrical circuit and the gap between the coil and the magnetic circuit (if this is provided for by the repair instructions for the tiller).
Sometimes the engine cannot develop power due to clogging of the muffler with combustion products. In this case, you need to disassemble the muffler and check its condition, if necessary, rinse it in gasoline and clean it with a carbon sink using detergents. The non-dismountable muffler is dried with a hairdryer after washing. Remember that carbon deposits contain substances that are carcinogenic and should not be dry cleaned, which could result in inhalation. When removing the muffler, plug the engine outlet with a clean cloth.
Dirt or improper adjustment of the tiller carburetor. It is necessary to remove and clean the carburetor, and then adjust it, if provided for by the tiller’s instructions.
A drop in engine power can be caused by a decrease in compression due to wear of the cylinder-piston group, the formation of scoring and scratches on the cylinder and piston, “sinking” in the grooves, or broken piston rings. In this case, check the compression by connecting a compressor to the spark plug hole and turning the engine shaft with a starter. Normal compression is characterized by a value of at least 8 atm (normal compression can be indicated in the engine specifications). When measuring it, it must be taken into account that the presence of a decompressor in the engine may affect the readings of the compressor. The compression value in this case is about 5 atm. will not mean a low degree of wear of the cylinder-piston group, but the actuation of the decompression valve.
The most common malfunctions or conditions that can cause diesel engines to not start are outlined in the following table. A detailed list of diesel malfunctions and ways to eliminate them are set out in the operating instructions for specific diesel tillers.
|Too cold weather.||Pour hot water into the radiator.|
|Fuel has frozen and lost fluidity.||Use the correct grade fuel or heat it up.|
|Nozzle clogged.||Flush or replace the nozzle.|
|Insufficient injection pressure.||Adjust pressure.|
|Insufficient compression in the cylinder (the engine is cranked too easily by the starter).|
- Cylinder head nuts not tightened or cylinder head gasket damaged.
- Worn piston, cylinder liner or piston rings.
- Piston rings jammed or broken.
- The correct valve clearance has been violated.
- Valve stem jammed in guide.
- Tighten the cylinder head nuts evenly in a diagonal sequence. Replace the cylinder head gasket.
- Replace worn parts.
- Check piston rings, flush or replace them.
- Adjust clearance.
- Remove the valve, flush it and guide with fuel.
The following factors indicate a transmission malfunction:
- the working shaft is motionless, and the output shaft rotates;
- the engine speed does not match the speed of the working shaft;
- the engine seems to “choke” from the load.
If at least one of the above reasons manifests itself, they immediately check for the presence of grease in the gearbox. The lubricant in it must be normal, as the lubricant prevents “dry” friction of moving parts and prevents them from overheating.
Then the gearbox is disassembled, the gears are inspected, the chain tension is checked. Whole parts are washed in kerosene, and damaged parts are replaced with new ones. After that, they assemble the structure and make sure that the gears are not skewed.
Before installing the assembled gearbox on the tiller, the shafts are scrolled to make sure that they rotate evenly and without the slightest grinding. The gearbox is filled with fresh lubricant, and the motor-cultivator is started. In the absence of a leak under the body, perform simple operations with a rotary tiller or a mounted loader and check the functionality of the tiller. If its working capacity is restored, it means that all efforts were not in vain, and the repair and maintenance were carried out correctly.
When your hitherto trouble-free tiller starts to junk, it’s very annoying. It is doubly annoying when this happens in a situation where there is a lot of work and no tiller, like no hands. It seems to start normally, but if you give it a load, it immediately sneezes and stalls. What is the reason for this “betrayal”?
The main problems of the tiller engine
Offhand to give an answer to such a seemingly simple question will not work. There are a lot of reasons why the tiller is “naughty” and stalls during work. They can be conditionally divided into several groups:
- fuel supply problems;
- malfunctions of the engine starting system;
- malfunctions of control and automation;
- problems with the muffler, cooling, etc.
If you notice problems in the work of a tiller, then the main thing that you must understand is that there are problems that can be easily eliminated with your own hands, even if you are not particularly versed in technology, but there are situations when it is impossible to do without a competent specialist and appropriate equipment. The most important task for you, as the owner, is to quickly and correctly determine why your tiller is stalling, and to make the right decision.
Why Tiller Shoots the Silencer?
Sometimes the operation of the equipment is accompanied by unusual sounds from the muffler. the tiller smokes and stalls. To eliminate such a malfunction, you must first determine what caused it.
Such problems can occur in the following cases:
- Excessive engine oil in the fuel. The remaining fuel is drained, the fuel pump and hose system are flushed, new fuel is poured;
- Incorrectly exposed ignition. It is necessary to check how correctly the gap between the electrodes is set;
- The fuel in the engine cylinder does not completely burn out. In this case, it is necessary to disassemble the piston system, wash and dry the cylinder well, adjust the carburetor.
In the above cases, it is not difficult to repair the tillers on your own. It is important to strictly adhere to the algorithm of actions.
Tiller malfunctions: why stalls, does not develop momentum, DIY repair
a tiller is a useful household unit that greatly simplifies land and housework. Aggregates can break down like any other technique. But it is quite possible to repair a tiller engine with your own hands, following simple recommendations.
Why the tiller starts and stalls?
If the equipment starts up and immediately stalls, this may indicate the following problems:
- There can be a large distance between the electrodes, problems with contacts in the electronics, the spark plug is dirty. First, the candle is cleaned. After that, the integrity of the wires is checked. The normal distance between the electrodes is set;
- The carburetor may be dirty, too little fuel is supplied. Sometimes it is necessary to change the fuel and reduce the amount of oil. The carburetor is dismantled, disassembled and thoroughly cleaned;
- If the unit does not pick up speed, this indicates a lack of fuel. Gasoline can simply spill. The defect must be eliminated or the fuel tank replaced;
- the tiller does not develop speed in the event of a transmission breakdown. This is indicated by the presence of external sound from the gearbox. The malfunction is eliminated by replacing the oil with which the units are lubricated.
Why does the tiller stall under load?
A fairly common problem is that the equipment stalls after 5 minutes of work. Often the reason is a fuel supply failure and ignition problems.
If the equipment stalls during operation, you need to check how well the fuel is supplied:
- The candle is taken out and viewed. It is overdried. this indicates a lack of fuel;
- There must be enough fuel in the gas tank for the normal functioning of the machine;
- The condition of the fuel cock is examined. It can be simply blocked. Sometimes it is enough to open it for further use of the unit.
the tiller starts up and stalls if there is a problem with the ignition. First you need to check the candles. Wet items indicate breakage. It is necessary to re-adjust the ignition system of the technique.
Reconfiguration is done as follows:
- The cover is removed, which protects the parts of the ignition system;
- The flywheel of the engine turns until the contacts open in the magneto;
- A special feeler gauge measures the gap from the “anvil” to the “hammer”;
- The flywheel turns until the piston is compressed. The latter must reach its peak;
- The flywheel turns again until the characteristic knock, which will indicate the operation of the freewheel;
- The flywheel turns in the other direction until the mark of this element coincides with the mark on the unit body;
- The gap from the break contact to the cam is set at 0.3 millimeters;
- The cam is fixed with a screw, which is located above the element, and the protective cover is installed in the body of the equipment.
If the above steps are performed correctly, the tiller will not stall under load. When tilted, a vehicle may stall if there is not enough fuel in the gas tank. The unit must be installed straight, remove the starter rope. If the engine starts, you need to fill the fuel tank.
Why does the tiller work intermittently??
There are other issues worth considering:
- Tiller’s engine hits the return line. The reason is often poor fuel use. It will not be enough to replace the fuel. The pump and fuel supply hoses are flushed;
- The technique works in jerks. The engine does not fully warm up. The motor must be turned off, wait for it to cool completely. Then restart it and warm it up for at least ten minutes;
- The engine does not pull, therefore the engine power decreases. The filter system is checked and cleaned. The problem can be provoked by wear of the magneto ignition. In this case, the part is replaced.
Owners of both gasoline and diesel vehicles may face such problems. Regardless of the specifics of the breakdown, you urgently need to stop using the unit and start fixing the problem.
Why the tiller’s engine does not start well when hot?
The equipment can stall when heated. This problem is relatively easy to fix. Often this is provoked by the fact that an excessive amount of air is supplied to the carburetor. It mixes with gasoline and engine oil, acts as a carburetor cooler. So the temperature of the latter is much lower than the temperature of the tiller engine.
To fix the problem, you need to follow a certain algorithm. It is important to start the engine. To do this, follow these steps:
- When starting the engine, the throttle trigger is squeezed halfway;
- Do not regularly press the gas trigger, as this can provoke the engine flooding;
- After starting the engine, you need to thoroughly gas the gas from half of the pressed trigger. After you can continue to work.
Simple actions will prevent an increase in the load on a heated engine, the main elements and systems are not subject to increased wear. The listed methods will allow you to eliminate the malfunctions with the unit. They are equally effective for owners of the following brands: Agro, Honda, Neva, Cascade.
How tillers are started?
As you know, there are gasoline or diesel tillers. The launch takes place in a different way. Therefore, the reasons why the tiller Neva does not start can be significantly different.
Before starting the tiller after purchase or after winter, you should check the presence of each part and their condition, the condition of the contacts and wires. It is also necessary to change the oil and refill the fuel.
Most often, the unit may not start after winter. You must remember that storage in a cold and damp place does not go unnoticed. You will run into problems like:
- Oxidation of contacts; v
- Clogged jets;
- Damage to the insulation on the wires;
- Damage to fuel and oil.
Be sure to check the oil level before starting. If it is not enough, the piston group may completely fail.
Why Tiller Neva won’t start?
Tilleri Neva are distinguished by their reliability and durability, but, like any technique, sometimes unpleasant moments occur in the form of breakdowns. tiller Neva may not start for various reasons, in which we will try to figure it out in this article.
Spring is the beginning of the season for working in the garden and garden. It was during this period that it turns out that something is wrong with the tiller. You need to immediately find out the cause of the breakdown and fix it as soon as possible.
Tilleri Neva come in different models like MB1, MB2, and others. They all differ in engines, motors and device. Before proceeding to find out the cause of the breakdown, carefully study the instruction manual.
Breakdowns, their causes and remedies
There may be several reasons why the tiller does not start:
- broken wire;
- insufficient fuel level;
- fuel is not absorbed;
- spark plug problems.
If you plan to independently find the cause of the breakdown and eliminate it, then adhere to the following sequence of work:
- Check the wire from the power button to the spark plug;
- The spark plug must be removed. The contact can be cleaned with sandpaper and at the same time check the distance between the contacts;
- Screw the candle back into place;
- Purge the fuel supply system;
- Clean the fuel filter if necessary. It can be clogged, which makes it difficult to supply fuel to the combustion chamber.
A few more ways to “revive” your tiller:
- If the starter cord comes out very easily, the reason may lie in the cylinder seal, which is worn out, or in the gasket between the carburetor and the filter, which is not installed correctly.
- If the unit starts up, but immediately stalled, the reason may be poor permeability of the sump. Check the tap and clean it. There may also be water in the fuel, so the fuel must be replaced completely.
- If you hear characteristic pops, and a flame comes out of the muffler, you need to check the flywheel key. It can be damaged or deformed. It needs to be replaced.
- If you notice that the tiller periodically shuts down accompanied by pops, you should check the spark plug. If it is wet, replace it with a new one or clean it. To do this, you need to rinse it, think it over and ignite it.
Moving Cart and Falling Rain: Variable Mass Problem
Always choose only high-quality fuel and oil for your equipment. Otherwise, you may run into problems, to the point that the car simply breaks down. Finding a replacement for a damaged part for Tiller Neva is not a problem, but it will already cost a certain amount of money.