Trigger Petrol Whirlwind Does Not Start
In general, such a conversation should start with the fact that after buying a garden gasoline tool it would be better to first familiarize yourself with the instructions attached to it. Then many problems could have been avoided. But since this happened the gas trimmer does not start, then we must look for sources of inoperability. And in this article we will consider the main reasons why the trimmer does not start with the example of the Elitech T750 model, as well as describe general recommendations for the operation of such a tool.
Start with the banal! We will figure out how to properly start a gas trimmer. It may be that the reason lies precisely here.
First you need to bring the red toggle switch on the trimmer bar to position "I". This means turning on the power.
Then you need to switch the fuel supply lever on the carburetor and use the “suction” button of fuel (similar to a pipette, located on the carburetor). This is necessary to supply gasoline to the engine. Return the fuel supply lever to its original position. Finally, pull the starter handle toward you sharply. The trimmer should work. Try several times if the first time fails. If after such manipulations the situation has not changed and the gas trimmer does not start, then you should first examine it yourself before leading to the service center. There are two main reasons why a garden trimmer will not start:
- Violation of the power circuit.
- There is no fuel.
- Let’s start with the ignition problems. In most cases, it is caused by the need to change the spark plug in the engine. It is done like this:
- First of all, we must take care of security measures, make sure that the trimmer is turned off. We bring the above toggle switch to the "STOP" position.
- Then remove the rubber protection from the plug and the wiring terminal. Using a special candle key, we unscrew the spark plug and replace it.
- After that, we assemble the device and carry out the procedure for trimming the trimmer described above.
The second reason the garden tool doesn’t work is because the fuel has run out. On the Elinech T750, a fuel tank is located near the motor, but on most trimmers it is there. We unscrew the cap from the tank and fill it with gasoline (the most optimal option is the AI-92, it is inexpensive and does not clog the carburetor like the AI-76). Do not forget to add special engine oil to the tank, just 50 grams per gas tank is enough, without it the motor will begin to “sneeze” and will quickly become worthless. After we close the tank with a cap, wipe the surface of the trimmer and our hands with a dry cloth. We also do the above manipulations to turn on the garden tool.
If the gas trimmer does not start as before, then it makes sense to return it for repair. And the reason for this decision is simple – if you do not have the appropriate skills, repairing the equipment is almost impossible.
In order for the tool to serve as long as possible and there are no such malfunctions, you should, first of all, familiarize yourself with the instruction manual for the trimmer. Also, pay special attention to the operating time of the engine at the trimmer – take a short break every 15 minutes of operation and, finally, properly care for the tool, wipe it after work, lubricate it with graphite grease. Observing such simple rules, you can significantly increase the life of the tool and it is quite possible that you do not have to look for reasons why the gas trimmer will not start.
36,291 total views, 32 views today
- Diagnostic Features
- Main reasons
- Troubleshooting Methods
- Recommendations for use
Given the specifics of using gas trimmers, their owners quite often have to deal with certain problems. One of the common troubles is that the lawn mowing does not start or is not gaining momentum. For the most prompt and effective elimination of such a problem, one should have an idea of the main causes of possible malfunctions.
Trimmers can be attributed from a technical point of view to complex devices. Based on this, Before using them, it is strongly recommended that you carefully read the relevant instructions.. However, in practice, many ignore it, often then find themselves in situations where the gas trimmer does not start or is poorly gaining momentum during operation. It is worth noting that similar problems can be encountered when acquiring new models of equipment.
The key to effective and efficient repair will, of course, be competent diagnosis of the device. In the process of troubleshooting, you will have to inspect and test, first of all, the key elements. The list of such includes candles, tank, filter units and valves of the fuel system. As practice shows, very often malfunctions of these particular elements become the reason that the lawn mowing does not start. Special attention should be paid to the quality and correct preparation of the fuel mixture, especially when it comes to two-stroke engines. In relation to this parameter, the manufacturer’s recommendations should be strictly followed in order to avoid serious breakdowns and costly repair work. In the case, for example, with a piston ICE group, costs can amount to up to 70 percent of the cost of new equipment.
Often owners of trimmers have to deal with situations where the specified mixture is high-quality, the carburetor is serviceable and tuned, and the device still does not show signs of life when trying to start the engine. In such cases, you should check the condition of the candle. The following steps will fix the problem:
- Turn out the candle;
- Wipe and dry the part (calcination is undesirable);
- Remove fuel and dry the candle channel for 30–40 minutes; such actions will avoid filling the candle with the next attempt to start;
- Completely eliminate traces of soot using a file or sandpaper;
- Set the appropriate clearance;
- Put the candle in place.
If the candle turned out to be working and the seat nest is completely dry, and the engine of the scythe does not start, then wet the threads with gasoline. It is worth remembering that regardless of the quality of the spark issued, initially in a completely dry chamber there will simply be nothing to ignite. Faced with the fact that the spark does not come, it is worth paying attention to checking the contact between the high voltage wiring and the candles. If this connection turns out to be of high quality, then it will be necessary to check the operability of the ignition system control unit. In such cases, it is unlikely that you can do without the services of a qualified specialist.
The next step in diagnosing a gasoline braid will be to check the condition of the filters. Often the lawn mower does not start well or does not start at all in the cold because the air filter is clogged. This malfunction can be detected by excluding it from the system. If after this the braid starts up, you will have to clean or change this element. Experienced users strongly recommend periodically blowing the air filter to maximize its life.
The described tool may also not start up due to problems with the supply of gas caused by the contamination of the fuel filter. To quickly and effectively eliminate such a breakdown, you just need to replace the filter element with a new one. It is important to remember that the suction nozzle must be equipped with a filter, which is provided for by all instructions. Failure to comply with these rules and recommendations may result in costly piston repairs. In the process of diagnosing and finding the source of problems with starting the mower, attention should be paid to the breather, which is responsible for stabilizing the equalization of pressure in the fuel tank. In addition, it is necessary to check the cleanliness of the exhaust channel and the silencer mesh. As a rule, similar problems are most often encountered when troubleshooting old models.
As practice shows, gas trimmers cease to start or function normally after winter, that is, long-term seasonal storage. Before subsequent attempts to start the tool, a thorough diagnosis should be made to determine the source of the problem. There are currently some of the most common causes of a malfunction.
- Initially, it is necessary to check the quality of the fuel. Savings in such cases can have extremely negative consequences. Experienced lawn mowers and experts advise you to prepare a mixture, the volume of which will correspond to the upcoming work, since its surpluses quickly lose their quality.
- Trimmers of such famous brands as, for example, Husgvarna, Makita, Stihl, are very sensitive to the fuel used. It is about fuel quality and octane rating. Providing suitable operating conditions and extending the service life of the equipment will allow refueling with high-quality gasoline.
- At the moment of starting the engine, the lawn mower may stall due to the fact that it fills the spark plug. Often in such situations, you have to deal with the need to adjust the carburetor. It is worth noting that similar problems arise when the braid ceases to start on a hot one.
- Sometimes the tool cannot be started, although the candle is wet, which in turn indicates the flow of the fuel mixture into the combustion chamber. This is usually one of the symptoms that there is no spark. The reasons may be the lack of normal contact between the candles and the high-voltage wire or the drying of the threaded connection in the candle channel.
- If there are no problems with the spark, while the candle itself remains dry, then most often this indicates that gasoline is not pumping. There may be several reasons for this. This, in particular, is about the state of the fuel filter and carburetor.
- The ICE of the braid does not start or immediately after starting stops working, which may be due to clogging of the air filter that impedes the normal supply of air necessary for enrichment of the mixture.
Video: Trigger Petrol Whirlwind Does Not Start
It is no secret that the best and most effective way of repair is to prevent possible malfunctions. As already noted, one of the key points is how correctly prepared the gasoline-oil mixture. Its components must be gasoline no lower than AI-92 and high-quality motor oil. The proportions, taking into account which the mixture is prepared, are indicated in the manufacturer’s manual, which is supplied with any gas trimmer. As a rule, oil is added to gasoline using an ordinary medical syringe. Similarly, it is easiest to maintain appropriate proportions.
Quite often, when problems arise with the start of lawn mowing, the owners of the tool try to make repairs with their own hands. With the necessary knowledge and skills, this approach will significantly reduce operating costs. First of all, it is worth checking the fuel system and, in particular, the filter element. If clogging is found, the easiest way to replace the filter is with a new one. If the air filter became a source of problems, then you can get out of a difficult situation even in the process of work with insignificant time costs. You will need to perform the following steps:
- Remove the filter element;
- Directly under operating conditions, you can rinse the filter with used gasoline;
- When using a scythe at home or in a summer cottage, water and simple detergents are used for cleaning;
- After washing, the part is thoroughly rinsed and dried;
- A completely dry filter should be lubricated with engine oil;
- Excess lubricant is removed by compressing the filter element with your hands;
- Put the cleaned part in place and fix the plastic cover with screws.
If the described actions did not provide a positive result, then the next step is to adjust the idle speed using the appropriate carburetor screw. This topic is devoted to many publications and videos posted on the World Wide Web. When trying to solve the problems in question, you can take several steps.
- The trimmer is placed on its side so that the “air” is on top. This will allow the fuel mixture to enter the bottom of the carburetor. Often, attempts to start the engine are successful if you first dismantle the part and literally send a couple of drops of gasoline directly to the carburetor itself.
- If, after all the described actions, the braid could not be brought into working condition, then attention should be paid to the condition of the candle and, in particular, to the presence of a spark. In parallel, all fuel is completely removed from the combustion chamber.
- Often the owners of a lawn mow are in situations where the fuel and air filters are clean, the candles are working, the fuel mixture is fresh and high-quality, but the ICE does not show signs of life. In such cases, experienced professionals recommend using the universal and proven long-term practice launch method. It is necessary to put the choke in the closed position and pull the starter handle once. After the shutter opens and the engine is started 2-3 times. In the vast majority of cases, the result is positive.
The spark plug in the process of starting the internal combustion engine trimmer can fill with fuel. Even with a high-quality mixture and a good spark, it is unlikely to get a device. The most effective way out is to remove the candle and dry it. At the same time, this spare part can be checked for operability; if a malfunction is detected, replace it. This procedure includes a number of simple steps, namely:
- Switch off the device and wait for the power unit to cool completely;
- Disconnect the wire;
- Remove the candle itself;
- Inspect the dismantled part;
- Make sure there is a gap (0.6 mm);
- Screw in a new, working candle and tighten it.
In practice, many repairs related to the fact that the scythe has ceased to start and which sooner or later have to be encountered in the process of operating a household lawn mowers can be handled independently. But in case of serious malfunctions, it is most rational to contact a specialized service. However, the key factor in such cases will be the ratio of the cost of repair and the price of a new trimmer.
Recommendations for use
The stability of any lawn mowers and the absence of problems with starting the power unit of such devices directly depend on the conditions in which the tool is used and the quality of maintenance. And we are talking about the following basic rules:
- In the process of work it is necessary to pay special attention to the cooling system and other elements; It is strongly recommended that you clean the channels located on the body of the braid and starter ribs in a timely and high-quality manner;
- In the processing of various elements, you can use solvents, gasoline, kerosene and other effective means;
- These works should be carried out after the power unit has completely cooled down;
- It is necessary to fully comply with all the rules specified in the relevant instructions drawn up by the developers of the described tool, which will avoid overloads in a warm engine, which in turn is the most common cause of serious damage;
- All residual fuel in the internal combustion engine should be completely drained before long interruptions in the operation of the spit; it should be borne in mind that the gasoline-oil mixture quickly decays into so-called heavy fractions, which inevitably clog the carburetor;
- After removing the fuel, it is required to start the engine and let it run on the twentieth until the moment it dies out; similarly, the remnants of the mixture will be eliminated from the internal combustion engine in full.
Particular attention should be paid to preparing the instrument for long-term seasonal storage. This should be done in order to minimize the risks of problems starting the engine. Competent preparation includes the following manipulations:
- Completely disassemble the trimmer;
- Thoroughly rinse and clean all the elements that are accessible;
- Inspect the details of the lawn mowers in order to identify defects (mechanical damages discovered in this case should be eliminated);
- Pour engine oil into the gearbox;
- To carry out high-quality cleaning from clogging of the air filter element;
- Having the corresponding knowledge and practical skills, it is possible to perform a partial disassembly of the power plant with subsequent purging and lubrication of the moving elements;
- Wrap the collected gas spit with a pre-oiled rag.
In addition to everything already listed, it is necessary to lubricate the piston group. This algorithm provides for the following simple manipulations:
- Remove the candle;
- Use the starter to move the piston to top dead center (TDC);
- Pour a small amount of engine oil into the cylinder;
- Crank the crankshaft several times.
Regardless of the cost and brand of equipment, you should clearly follow all the requirements of the relevant instructions and adhere to the recommendations of developers and experienced professionals. Today, detailed information regarding the proper use of such technology can be easily found on many specialized sites and forums.
Next, watch a video on how to identify and eliminate the reason why the gas trimmer does not start.
Like any technique, trimmers are prone to various breakdowns. Often at the beginning of the summer season, owners of such an instrument complain that the trimmer does not start, and it takes a long time to look for the cause of the malfunction.
For those who have recently acquired a trimmer and are still at the “you” with this technique, information on why the trimmer does not start and what to do in this case will be useful. So, let’s find out what could be the reason for this.
Gas Trimmer Does Not Start – 10 Possible Causes
Before trying to independently adjust the tool, carefully read the manual for its operation. Perhaps the information contained in it will lead you to one or another thought. Otherwise, you will have to look for the cause of the malfunction by the selection method. It may be one of the following:
- The toggle switch on the bar is not translated to the "On" position. This is one of the elementary actions, but sometimes beginners forget to turn on the tool before starting it.
- Similar errors include the lack of fuel in the tank. If the fuel runs out, but you forgot about it, just fill the tank (usually located near the engine) with AI-92 gasoline.
- Lack, improper mixture or wrong proportion of engine oil. Ideally, not more than 50 g of oil should be added regularly. This will provide additional lubrication and will keep the engine of your trimmer in working condition. Also keep in mind that there are different types of oil (“synthetics”, “semi-synthetics”, “mineral water”) – they all affect the mechanism in different ways.
- If the trimmer does not start after winter, drain the remaining fuel in the gas tank and replace it with fresh fuel. This is especially true for small, low-power trimmers with small motors that are sensitive to poor-quality mixes. In addition, during the winter, sediment may form at the bottom of the gas tank, which causes problems with the operation of the device.
- Excessive pumping of fuel can also be one of the reasons that the trimmer stalled and does not start. When the air damper is closed, the candle is filled with fuel. It should be unscrewed and dried, and then inserted in its place and try to start the engine, holding the trigger of gas. It is advisable to check it beforehand for the presence of a spark between the electrodes. If there is no spark, the candle should be replaced.
- Problems with the filter. If your trimmer does not start well, remove the air filter and run the tool without it. If everything worked out – the filter should be replaced with a new one. As an option, thoroughly clean and blow through the old one, but anyway, sooner or later you will have to make a replacement.
- Is the trimmer dead and won’t start? Try to clean the so-called breather – an element designed to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. Cleaning can be done with a regular long needle. A clogged breather often causes a malfunction.
- Knives have been removed from the machine – some models will not work under this condition.
- Violation of tightness. This can be checked using a manometer. If the pressure starts to drop, you should determine which part of the carburetor is faulty. Most often, the carburetor gasket wears out.
- Sometimes after a long period of work, you may notice that the trimmer is overheated and will not start. First, you should know that you should definitely take breaks. The amount of continuous time recommended for this model should be indicated in the instructions. Also, the problem of overheating can lie in a faulty ignition coil or in an air cooling system that prevents overheating.
If none of these actions gives a result, you should contact a repair shop or service center.