Trimmer Does Not Work What To Do
The gasoline trimmer is NOT gaining momentum: the reasons and features of repair
To cut grass on a small lawn, it is not necessary to purchase an expensive and bulky lawn mower; it can be easily replaced by a gas / electric trimmer. The device of THESE machines is quite simple, they are easy to use and unpretentious in maintenance. But sometimes problems do happen. One of them. when the trimmer does NOT develop the maximum number of revolutions. will be discussed in this article.
The first three reasons are fairly easy to eliminate. If the matter is in the mixture, it is necessary to pour out the old fuel from the tank, prepare a new emulsion from high-quality gasoline and engine oil (if your engine requires a mixture) and pour it into the fuel tank. If the trimmer is running on clean gasoline, it’s still easier.
In the second case, it is necessary to carefully free the trimmer parts from the wound grass.
The last reason a lawn mower doesn’t work properly will require a little more familiarity and skill from you.
In order to properly adjust the carburetor for lawn mowers, a specific procedure must be followed. First, clean the air filter thoroughly. The easiest way is to rinse it (it is advisable to douse the filter regularly after 9-10 hours of operation).
After that, in the diagram of your trimmer, which is in the operating instructions for the device, find the adjustment screws. Usually there are three of them: the first is responsible for fuel supply, the second is idle, and the third is designed to limit the number of maximum engine speed.
Next, turn on the unit and wait for the engine to warm up.
Tighten the first (fuel mixture) adjusting screw slowly. Catch the moment when the motor starts to stall and turn the propeller back 45 degrees. If you didn’t have time and the motor stalled, the screw should be returned 90 degrees. Open the throttle and watch the revs increase. Next, slowly unscrew the screw (each turn is the same 45 degrees) until the moment when, at full throttle, the engine begins to firmly give out maximum revolutions.
The second screw, as mentioned above, controls the engine idle speed. By loosening it, you decrease the number of revolutions, while twisting it, you increase it. The screw needs to be adjusted so as to ensure reliable engine operation at low revs. For better starting speed up the engine slightly. At the same time, make sure that the motor makes several tens of revolutions by the beginning of the movement of the knives / reel with line. If the engine starts poorly, tighten the screw a little.
After you have adjusted the first two screws, test the operation of the device at maximum engine speed. If necessary, you can limit it (maximum). this will protect the motor from “boiling”. To do this, you need to tackle the third screw. Unscrew the locking nut until the adjusting screw can be safely returned. To increase the maximum number of revolutions, the screw must be loosened, in order to decrease. on the contrary, it will be tightened. Fix the position of the screw with a nut. Test the motor again.
Remember that carburetor adjustment is not a final procedure. During the operation of lawn mowers, you will most likely have to tinker with it more than once, because an unbalanced carburetor means both increased fuel consumption and quick failure of candles, not to mention a decrease in the power and performance of the device.
Trimmers are reliable and durable (provided they are properly maintained, of course). Most often, malfunctions occur due to contamination of structural elements.
If the motor of your lawn mower Will not start, and does not pick up speed, and does not reach the power you need, or suddenly stalls, a prerequisite may be:
- Poor quality fuel (fuel mixture), the case may be in long-term storage or in non-compliance with the recipe for preparing the mixture;
- Grass is wrapped around the shaft of the fishing line / knife;
- Clogged air filter / muffler;
- Carburetor imbalance.
- If you fail to tighten / loosen the adjusting screws normally, it may be because the spring is too thick and stiff. Then you can choose instead of her a more suitable.
- If your unit requires NOT pure gasoline, but its mixture with engine oil, strictly observe the proportions specified in the operating instructions. There is one little thing: the recommended ratio is 1: 25 (for all brands of oil) or 1: 50 (for “native” oils). Try the first ratio first. If, with such a recipe, oil drips appear on the motor, and Strong carbon deposits form on the candle, Reduce the fate of the oil by half. This usually helps to fade traces and reduce the amount of carbon deposits.
- To clean the spark plug electrodes from combustion products, you can use fine-grained “sandpaper”. Wipe them with a dry cloth first and then gently sand them with sandpaper. If the space between the body of the device and the insulator is also clogged, a regular unbent paper clip can help clean it. To do this, briefly soak the candle in diesel fuel, and then scrape off the dirt. If the blockage is small, one procedure is sufficient. In case of heavy dirt, it is sometimes necessary to repeat it several times. After complete cleaning, the candle must be wiped dry from the remaining diesel fuel, and then it can be used as directed.
- Please note that foreign-made lawn mowers (gasoline, electric or battery) require a little more maintenance than domestic ones. In particular, many people insist on entrusting the adjustment of the carburetor of a two-stroke engine to professionals, especially if your purchase has not expired the warranty period.
- And finally, one more tip: follow all the manufacturer’s recommendations for the operation and maintenance of the device. So you prolong its smooth functioning.
You will learn more about what to do if the petrol trimmer is NOT picking up speed.
In case of problems with smoke, when the electronic cigarette gives all the Corresponding signs of life, but the steam in it still does not reproduce, the following actions will help to correct the situation:
- Check if there is liquid in the atomizer reservoir and if it is not there, Refill the tank
- Make sure that the resistance of the evaporator or coils in the atomizer corresponds to that supported by your device, if this indicator is lower or higher than the mod declared by the manufacturer, you will have to change the winding or the evaporator to continue working
- You should also check the integrity of the spirals in the replacement evaporator or serviced base, perhaps these elements are dirty or out of order
- Cotton wool, which is designed to wet the evaporating elements, is also subject to verification, if it burns out or is compressed after prolonged use, it will have to be replaced
- You should also check the atomizer for elements that impede the passage of air through the system, any blockages found should be removed and the device should be thoroughly cleaned.
It is important to remember that a prerequisite for the absence of steam can be a breakdown of the electronic board, which experts DO NOT recommend to repair it yourself. In this case, you should contact the service center for help from experienced specialists.
Flushing the atomizer is a kind of folk method of maintaining and cleaning it for those who have no Special devices at hand. However, if you follow the steps below, this procedure will not cause much inconvenience:
- Disconnect the atomizer from the mod and place it in hot water for about 15-20 minutes;
- Remove the product from the water, disassemble it and blow thoroughly in order to remove the remaining water;
- Change the water and repeat the procedure with hot soaking again, then rinse the product under a strong stream of water;
- Blow out the tank again and leave to dry for a day in an upright position.
The vape gets very hot
Some users of electronic cigarettes are not faced with breakdowns of their devices, but with alarming signs in their work. For example, quite often vapers complain that their device gets very hot. If this happens, the causes of the problem may lie in the following:
- The device is being used incorrectly. users press the Fire key even when they do not puff anything, which leads to overheating of the spirals;
- Vaping is accompanied by too long or frequent puffs. this mistake is most often made by beginners, such intensive operation brings the temperature of the device to such that it is uncomfortable to hold it in your hands;
- Lack of regular vape maintenance. an electronic cigarette, like any other device, needs timely maintenance, cleaning, replacement of the evaporator, burning spirals, checking the cleanliness of contacts;
- The battery power is too high. if the number of Volts or Watts supplied to the evaporator or coils, and not corresponding to their parameters, this leads to their rapid overheating, as a result, the temperature is transferred to the device case, in addition, in such cases, the evaporative elements may even burn out;
- The intensity of wetting of the spirals. too tight or too tight laying of cotton wool, clogging of the liquid supply holes and other problems can lead to the fact that the liquid does not have time to fully wet the entire area of the heating element, so its temperature during operation increases sharply.
Vape does not stretch well
But in cases where the poor performance of the vape is manifested in the fact that it stretches poorly or produces too little steam, the reason can be sought in the following:
- Insufficient power. a completely or almost discharged battery can become a prerequisite for supplying insufficient voltage to the heating elements, which does not allow them to produce sufficient steam;
- Atomizer burned out. evaporators fail most often, because they are designed only for a certain operating time, in addition, they could also develop their resource faster due to improper operation;
- The atomizer is clogged. clogged air ducts, dirt on the coil or evaporator, improper placement of cotton wool from the blockage of air ducts or water supply openings. All this can be a prerequisite for the lack of a normal tightening.
Most often, you can get rid of the problem with poor tightening by routinely cleaning the tank or drip, as well as the evaporators used in them. Before starting this procedure, you should turn off the device, let it cool down, drain the remaining liquid from the drip tray or tank reservoir, disassemble it and choose one of the three main cleaning options.
Vape does not work. What to do, how to fix
Many vapers are faced with a situation in which the electronic cigarette stops working or starts to malfunction. Such problems can manifest themselves in different ways:
- The device stops turning on;
- Vape works, but does not produce steam
- The device is overheating;
- The steam gets too bitter.
There can be many reasons for these problems, however, it is actually not difficult to eliminate most of them. you just need to navigate in some of their features.
The indicator flashes and the device does not hover
If the indicator in the electronic cigarette flashes, but steam is NOT produced in the atomizer, the following actions will help to save the situation:
- If the contact is broken in the mod, disconnect the battery and using a needle slightly lift the contacts in the battery compartment;
- If the problem lies in a short circuit, for example, between the evaporator and the battery, the device will have to be disassembled and reassembled, Paying maximum attention to the clamps and contacts;
- If “low battery” appears on the device display, connect the device or its removable batteries to the charger.
- If the battery does NOT charge even after connecting to the appropriate cable or unit, there is a possibility that the USB port in the gadget is out of order, or the battery needs to be replaced.
Most electronic cigarettes have an indication of the battery charge level. this indicator is displayed on the display, or notifies of problems through the LED indicator on the case or in the button of the device. In addition, battery problems can also occur even when the battery is fully functional. For example, in the case of too long a puff, most modern devices cut off the power at the 10-second mark and notify the user about the incident. In such a situation, you just need to wait a little and continue vaping. Do not forget that the puff should be about 5 seconds long, and it is better to do 15-16 puffs in a row, giving the device a little rest. Of course, battery problems can be of a different nature.
Ultrasonic bath. Burn
If washing and an ultrasonic bath save the atomizer itself from contamination, then its spirals require a slightly different approach, in this case we are talking about burning. Often, this procedure helps vapers who do not have new vaporizers or coils at hand to replace those that have become noticeably dirty during operation. Burn is performed as follows:
- Disconnect the atomizer from the mod and blow it off;
- Remove the shaft from the evaporation chamber from the base and rinse the heating elements under running warm water;
- Thoroughly rinse the baking sheet from the evaporator and dry the part completely;
- Once everything is dry, the base without the top should be connected to the mod for subsequent burning;
- Set the electronic cigarette to the appropriate power and hold down the Fire key for 4-5 seconds. in this case the spirals should glow red;
- Now release the key, let the metal cool down and repeat the procedure 10-15 more times;
- During burning, you can also use a special metal brush to remove old carbon deposits from the spirals, but remember that you can touch them only when the voltage is NOT applied to the spiral;
- Now you can let the spirals cool down again, put new cotton wool in them, moisten the liquid abundantly and activate the vape, checking how evenly the steam is produced over the entire surface;
- If everything is in order, you can assemble the atomizer, refuel it and try to make the first puffs after cleaning.
For trouble-free operation of the trimmer, the functioning of the fuel system is of great importance. Gasoline passes through all its assemblies and parts, so they must be cleaned regularly. In addition, only high quality fuel must be used. To prepare a combustible mixture in a two-stroke engine, motor vehicle oil cannot be used, since it has insufficient properties.
This mechanism is an important trimmer unit. In order for the carburetor to work properly, several conditions must be met:
- Disassemble and clean it from time to time;
- Adjust the idle speed according to the instructions;
- Refer to the help of the wizard when adjusting.
In the event of a breakdown of this unit, you can do its repair yourself, but only if you have certain knowledge.
One of the reasons for poor carburetor performance is a loose cable. To eliminate the problem, you first need to disassemble the entire assembly, and then thoroughly rinse all the parts, lubricate and tighten the cable, but not very much, so as not to stretch.
The engine is the most important part of any machine. There are several reasons for ICE breakdowns:
- Incorrect proportions of oil with fuel (for two-stroke)
- Old fuel mixture;
- Wear and tear of the piston ring;
- Scratch marks on the cylinder and piston;
- Wearing the device.
All this leads to the fact that the engine either does not start, or stalls.
The trimmer is NOT gaining momentum. what to do
Any person who owns a summer cottage or land plot is well aware of the problems of dealing with excess vegetation. Now a trimmer has come to the rescue, which has successfully replaced the usual braid in this field. This unit is very convenient in operation, but it, like any mechanism, tends to fail due to difficult working conditions or Incorrect operation. Situations where the trimmer does NOT pick up speed are quite common. To understand this problem, it is necessary to understand some aspects related to the operation of the apparatus.
Several factors, not related to its breakdown, affect the decrease in the speed of lawn mowers:
- Filter contamination due to the ingress of dirt and dust particles;
- Use of low-quality fuel;
- Incorrectly prepared mixture (relevant for trimmers with two-stroke gasoline engines)
- Contamination of the muffler mesh with vegetation particles, soil elements and other objects.
over, in the second and third cases, carbon deposits form in the combustion chamber, and the carburetor elements become clogged.
Diagnostics and elimination of gas engine problems
Before proceeding with the repair of a particular unit (part), it is necessary to determine the nature of the malfunction. Step-by-step diagnostics and troubleshooting of car products. more.
In case of problems with the candle, sometimes it is enough to dry it or clean it with sandpaper and put it back in place, setting the gap correctly. it should be 1 mm. If the spark plug is heavily soaked, it is better to replace it with a new one. With optimal trimmer operation, the candles do not fail so often.
A clogged air filter is another reason for the unreliable operation of the device. To check the involvement of this element in the malfunction, you need to start the lawn mower without it. A dirty filter can be washed in gasoline, dried or replaced with a new one.
A clogged fuel filter DOES NOT let fuel into the cylinder, and the engine stalls at full throttle due to an elementary shortage of gasoline. This element is located inside the tank on the intake hoses. To eliminate the problem, instead of the old filter, put a new one on the hose or thoroughly rinse the one that was removed.
When to contact the workshop
If the device is under warranty, at the first sign of incorrect operation, it can be safely taken to a specialized workshop. The repair will be done free of charge, regardless of the nature of the damage, if it happened through no fault of the owner. In case of engine breakdowns, a person who is ignorant of technology is better off immediately contacting a specialist. In any case, the severity of the unit malfunction is determined by the user.
Summarize. Both gasoline and electric trimmers are built to provide years of reliable performance. Most of the problems described above are due to insufficient attention of the owner to his assistant. Subject to strict adherence to the manufacturer’s requirements and regular maintenance, the hand mower will work rhythmically and without interruption.
Microphone stopped working after Windows 10 update or reinstall
After the recent big update of Windows 10, many faced the issue in question. Likewise, the microphone may stop working after a clean install of the latest system.
The reason for this (often, but not always, further described methods may be required) is the new OS privacy settings that allow you to configure access to the microphone for various programs.
Therefore, if you have the latest version of Windows 10 installed, before attempting the methods from the following sections of the guide, try these simple steps:
- Open Settings (WinI keys or through the Start menu). Privacy.
- On the left, select “Microphone”.
- Make sure microphone access is enabled. Otherwise, click “Change” and enable access, also enable application access to the microphone just below.
- Even lower on the same settings page in the section “Select applications that can access the microphone”, Make sure that access is enabled for those applications where you plan to use it (if the programs are in the list. everything is in order).
- Enable access here for the Win32WebViewHost (or Desktop Web Viewer) app.
You can then check if the problem has been resolved. If not, we try to use the following ways to fix the situation.
Checking recording devices
Make sure your microphone is set as the default recording and communication device. For this:
- In the latest version of Windows 10, right-click on the speaker icon, select Open Sound Options, and on the next screen, select Sound Control Panel under Related Options, then click the Recording tab. In earlier Windows 10 versions, right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area, select “Sounds”, and in the window that opens, open the “Recording” tab.
- If your microphone appears but is not listed as the default communication and recording device, right-click on it and select “Use as default” and “Use default communication device”.
- If the microphone is listed and already set as the default device, select it and click the Properties button. Check the settings on the “Levels” tab, try disabling the “Exclusive mode” checkboxes on the “Advanced” tab.
- If the microphone is NOT displayed, Similarly, right-click anywhere in the list and enable the display of hidden and disconnected devices. is there a microphone among them?
- If there is a device and is disabled, right-click on it and select “Enable”.
If, as a result of these actions, nothing was achieved and the microphone still does not work (or could not be displayed in the list of recording devices), go to the next method.
Microphone check in device manager
Perhaps the problem is in the sound card drivers and the microphone does not work for this reason (and it also depends on your sound card).
- Go to the device manager (for this you can right-click on “Start” and select the desired item in the context menu). In the device manager, open the section “Audio inputs and outputs”.
- If the microphone is not displayed there. we either have problems with the drivers, or the microphone is NOT connected, or is faulty, try to continue from the 4th step.
- If the microphone is displayed, but you see an exclamation mark next to it (it works with an error), try right-clicking on the microphone, select “Delete”, confirm the deletion. Then from the Device Manager menu select “Action”. “Update hardware configuration”. Perhaps after that it will work.
- In a situation where the microphone is NOT displayed, you can try reinstalling the sound card drivers, for a start. in a simple way (automatically): open the “Sound, game and devices” section in the device manager, right-click on your sound card, select “Uninstall »Confirm deletion. After uninstalling in the device manager, select “Action”. “Update hardware configuration”. Drivers Will have to be reinstalled and, possibly, after that the microphone will appear in the list again.
If you had to resort to step 4, but this did NOT solve the problems, try installing the sound card drivers manually from the website of the manufacturer of your motherboard (if it is a PC) or laptop specifically for your model (i.e. NOT from the driver pack and not just “Realtek” and the like from third-party sources). Learn more in Windows 10 sound missing.
Windows 10 microphone not working. what to do?
One of the common problems in Windows 10 is microphone issues, especially since the recent Windows update. The microphone may NOT work at all or in some specific programs, for example, in Skype, or in the entire system. In this instruction, step by step on what to do if the microphone stopped working in Windows 10 on a computer or laptop, both after updating, and after reinstalling the OS, or without any action at all from the user. Also at the end of the article there is. Which shows all the steps.
Before proceeding, be sure to check the microphone connection (so that it is connected to the correct connector, the connection is tight), even if you are completely sure that everything is in order with it. Important note: if you have headphones with a microphone with a single connector, they require a combined input / output for the microphone and headphones, and this is not available in every PC and laptop.
Microphone does not work in Skype or other software
Some programs, such as Skype, other programs for communication, screen recording, and other tasks, have their own microphone settings. THOSE. Even if you set the correct recorder in Windows 10, the settings in the program may differ. over, even if you have already set up the correct microphone and then unplugged and plugged it back in, these settings in programs can sometimes be reset.
Therefore, if the microphone stopped working only in a specific program, carefully study its settings, perhaps all you need to do is specify the correct microphone there. For example, in Skype, this option is in Tools. Options. Sound Settings.
Also Considering that in some cases, the problem may be caused by a faulty connector, and not by the connected connectors of the front panel of the PC (if you connect a microphone to it), by a microphone cable (you can check its operation on another computer) or some other hardware malfunction.