Trimmer Energomash Does Not Gain Speed
Any person who owns a cottage or land is well aware of the problems of combating excess vegetation. Now a trimmer has come to the rescue, which has successfully replaced the usual braid in this field. This unit is very convenient to use, but it, like any mechanism, tends to fail due to difficult working conditions or incorrect operation. Situations are quite common when the trimmer does not gain momentum. To understand this problem, you need to understand some aspects related to the operation of the device.
Features of the trimmer
All trimmers are classified by type of power: gasoline or electricity (from the mains or battery). It should be noted that gas mowers in many respects surpass their electric and battery counterparts. Despite the fact that they all perform similar functions, the difference in performance, maneuverability and efficiency is very noticeable. However, the general principle of operation of all types of hand-held mowers is almost the same – the devices are equipped with engines (two- or four-stroke ICEs or electric motors) that drive the cutting unit (reel with fishing line or metal disk). All elements are fixed on a straight or curved rod, including a handle for controlling the trimmer, on which the main buttons are located.
Since the problem of low revs is more characteristic of the gasoline versions of trimmers, more attention will be paid to them. So, the lawn mowing is very comfortable in operation and unpretentious in maintenance. Moreover, most of its malfunctions are caused by the user’s ignorance of the elementary things that are described in the instructions. Therefore, before starting operation of the unit, it is necessary to carefully study the manufacturer’s manual. In particular, in order to start the engine, it is necessary to do the following sequential actions:
- Turn on the ignition button;
- Press the silicone button several times to pump gasoline;
- Close the air damper;
- Set the throttle lever to high revs;
- First make slight jerks with the starter handle to feel the resistance of the engine, then sharply yank.
If the lawn mowing is started, but stalled, you need to put the air damper in the middle position and try again. When the engine is working, you need to slow down the gas and open the air damper, since the trimmer only works on the suction.
Causes of weak trimmer revs
If users complain about a trimmer that is not gaining momentum, this means that at idle it works fine, and when you press the gas it does not develop the necessary power. This can happen as a result. Long downtime of the device without activity. These problems are typical for gasoline vehicles, including Husqvarna 128r, Stihl FS 38 and Hitachi of various modifications.
When working with the trimmer, you need to monitor its behavior all the time – a drop in speed and unusual noise signal a malfunction in the unit. Sometimes you give gas, and the trimmer floats. In such cases, work immediately needs to be suspended, allowed to cool down and proceed with the search for possible problems. They can be of a different nature, both the technological plan, and external factors associated with the conditions and features of the operation of the device.
Several factors that are not related to its breakdown have an effect on reducing the speed of lawn mowing:
- The filter is dirty due to the ingress of particles of dirt and dust;
- Use of low-quality fuel;
- Improperly prepared mixture (relevant for trimmers with two-stroke gasoline engines);
- Pollution of the silencer mesh by vegetation particles, soil elements and other objects.
Moreover, in the second and third cases, carbon deposits in the combustion chamber, and elements of the carburetor become clogged.
Technical problems of lawn mowers mainly occur in the fuel supply and ignition systems. You can deal with them yourself.
- When the hand mower does not start or stalls, the problem may be with the candle. Dark soot indicates poor carb adjustment and low gasoline quality.
- A clogged fuel hose may cause a trimmer to malfunction. Filters are also often clogged.
- Another internal problem – the muffler is covered with soot. This greatly reduces the speed of the trimmer. Exit – you need to clean the muffler.
Diagnostics and troubleshooting of petrol engines
Before proceeding with the repair of a particular unit (part), it is necessary to determine the nature of the malfunction. Step-by-step diagnostics and troubleshooting – further.
This mechanism is an important component of the gas trimmer. In order for the carburetor to work properly, several conditions must be observed:
- Disassemble and clean it at times;
- Adjust the idle speed according to the instructions;
- Refer to the wizard for help with adjustment.
Video: Trimmer Energomash Does Not Gain Speed
In the event of a breakdown of this unit, it is possible to repair it yourself, but only if you have certain knowledge.
One of the reasons for carb carb malfunctioning is relaxed cable. To fix the problem, you first need to disassemble the entire assembly, and then, thoroughly rinsing all the parts, grease and tighten the cable, but not very much so as not to stretch.
In case of problems with a candle, sometimes it is enough to dry it or sand it with sandpaper and put it back in place, setting the gap correctly – it should be 1 mm. If the candle is very covered with soot, it is better to replace it with a new one. With the optimal operating mode of the trimmer, the candles do not so often fail.
Clogging air filter ─ Another reason for the unreliable operation of the device. To check the involvement of this element in the malfunction, you need to start a lawn mowing without it. A dirty filter can be washed in gasoline, dried or replaced with a new one.
Clogged fuel filter does not pass fuel into the cylinder, and the engine stalls at full throttle due to an elementary lack of gasoline. This element is located inside the tank on the intake hose. To fix the problem, instead of the old filter, put on a new hose or rinse thoroughly the one that was removed.
The engine is the most important part of any unit. The causes of engine failure are several:
- Incorrect proportions of oil with fuel (for push-pull);
- Old fuel mixture;
- Wear and destruction of the piston ring;
- Traces of scratches on the cylinder and piston;
- Operation of the device for wear.
All this leads to the fact that the engine either does not start or stalls.
For the trouble-free operation of the gas trimmer, the functioning of the fuel system is of great importance. Gasoline passes through all its components and parts, so they should be cleaned regularly. In addition, only high-quality fuel must be used. For the preparation of a combustible mixture in a two-stroke engine, motor automotive oil cannot be used, since it has insufficient qualities.
Diagnosis and troubleshooting of electric motors
Trimmer failures can be as follows:
- Insulation failure or cable breakage;
- Malfunctions in the area of the cutting tool;
- Damage to the socket or plug.
To deal with these breakdowns, you do not need to disassemble the entire device.
With serious engine trouble will have to disassemble it. To do this, unscrew a few screws. Having access to the details of the motor, you need to carry out such actions:
- Check the degree of wear of the brushes – unsuitable parts will need to be replaced with new ones;
- Ring the motor winding – the resistance should be high;
- Check the stator and rotor – to test the rotor winding with a multimeter, measure the resistance: large deviations from the norm indicate a malfunction, the absence of resistance on the stator winding also indicates a breakdown (the stator case is diagnosed in the same way).
Problems with low revs are common for cheap trimmers. However, with improper maintenance, manual mowers such as Huter, Patriot 3055, and Echo also suffer from this.
When to contact the workshop
If the device is under warranty, at the first sign of malfunctioning, it can be safely taken to a specialized workshop. Repair will be done free of charge, regardless of the nature of the damage, if it happened through no fault of the owner. In the event of engine breakdowns, it is better for a person who is not knowledgeable in technology to contact a specialist immediately. In any case, the severity of problems with the unit is determined by the user.
Summarize. Both gasoline and electric trimmers are designed for many years of reliable operation. Most of the problems described above are due to the lack of attention of the owner to his assistant. Subject to strict adherence to requirements from the manufacturer and regular maintenance, the hand mower will operate rhythmically and without interruption.
The best electric and gas trimmers
Huter GET-400 trimmer on Yandex Market
Trimmer STAVR TE-1700R on Yandex Market
Makita UR3502 trimmer on Yandex Market
Husqvarna 128R trimmer on Yandex Market
Makita EBH341U trimmer on Yandex Market
Huter GGT-2500S trimmer on Yandex Market
Lawn mowers, like all gasoline powered tools for the garden, are not difficult to maintain. It is possible and necessary to repair, configure yourself. For example, adjusting the carburetor of the lawn mowers with your own hands is a matter of five minutes.
Lawn mowing carburetor is a unit in the power system. In it, like any carburetors, there is a process of mixing air and fuel (gasoline) for further supply to the engine cylinders.
The main problems and malfunctions of the carburetor.
Strainer There are only two problems with this element:
In order to find out the cause of the breakdown, the fuel filter cover is unscrewed to remove the strainer. If dirt has simply accumulated on it, washing with gasoline or blowing will help.
With visible damage to the strainer, it is imperative to install a new one. There may also be damage on the fuel supply pipe (during repair, check this element).
The carburetor starter in most cases does not function due to blockages. Use acetone or the same gasoline for flushing.
Blowing off carburetor parts with a blockage of compressed air is an acceptable and convenient repair practice.
The device of the carburetor lawn mowers
The basis of the carburetor of the lawn mowers is an aluminum case. It has a diffuser (hole with internal contours). Air is blown through this hole. The oxygen (air) flow rate depends on the cross-section (passage opening) of the diffuser.
The diffuser is equipped with fuel channels. Of these, fuel is drawn in using an air stream.
Outside the carburetor is installed:
- Fuel pump;
- Jet system;
- Fuel / air mixture control system;
The principle of the carburetor lawn mowers
The throttle valve determines the amount of air for supply, and engine power directly depends on this.
Fuel is sucked into the carburetor system by a pump (its membrane). Then it passes through the fitting in the carburetor. Further, the fluid moves through the inlet and outlet valves of the pump. Filtered by mesh. The needle valve moves into the membrane chamber.
Phased operation of the device:
- Air supply to the tube with an air baffle (damper). The partition controls the intensity of the air flow.
- The fuel supply system must be narrowed by a diffuser to increase the flow rate.
- Gasoline through the float chamber and nozzle tube with narrowing. A camera with a float adjusts the temporary volume of gasoline. In the float chamber, the pressure level is neutral, and in the tube with narrowing is already low. Due to the pressure drop, fuel enters through the nozzle.
- The acceleration of the air flow contributes to the transfer of fuel (gasoline) and its atomization. As a result, an air-fuel mixture of the necessary proportion or density is formed.
- The air-fuel mixture enters the engine cylinder through the fuel pipe.