Trimmer Fishing Line: Do-It-Yourself Selection and Replacement
It would seem that the fishing line for the trimmer is just a consumable that does not affect the operation of the tool. However, the efficiency of mowing grass and weeds depends on the fishing line. The better and better this product is, the faster the trimmer owner will put his plot in order, and the better the work will be done.
Which fishing line for the trimmer is better. choose yourself
Choosing a fishing line for work on the site should be for several basic parameters. These include:
- Thickness. You can find out the line thickness recommended by the trimmer manufacturer in the tool manual. In most cases, the owners of trimmers buy products with a thickness of 1.2 to 4 mm. A lot depends on the right thickness. If you use a fishing line with a smaller thickness than indicated by the manufacturer of the trimmer, this will lead to accelerated wear of the tool engine. If this parameter of the thread is more than required, then the resistance to rotation will increase, because of which the motor will work in an overloaded mode. A suitable thickness can also be determined by the type of motor. If it is electric, and its power is about 1 kW, then a fishing line with a diameter of 2 mm is suitable for work. If the engine power is less, then you should buy a product with a thickness of not more than 1.6 mm. For units with a gasoline engine, you should choose a fishing line with a diameter of 2.3–3 mm. This is due to the fact that gasoline engines are more durable and reliable than their electric counterparts;
- Sectional shape. Most often, owners of trimmers buy fishing lines with a circular cross section, as they are the cheapest. In addition to the round thread in the market, you can also find fishing lines with a cross section in the form of a square, spiral, rectangle or star. sections. Among their main advantages should be highlighted noiselessness at work and low cost. Threads with sharp edges and serrations are considered the most effective. they are the most productive, but their cost is an order of magnitude higher than the listed analogues;
- The composition of the fishing line. the life of the mowing thread depends on it. Most models of woods are made of nylon. this material wears out slowly and can withstand fairly high loads. Coaxial fishing line has maximum strength. It consists of a dense core, so it wears out as long as possible. It is difficult to cut such a thread with a knife, and it practically does not make noise during operation.
Video: Trimmer Fishing Line: Do-It-Yourself Selection and Replacement
Today, the production of fishing line from a plastic bottle has become a very popular solution. It is strong enough and suitable for solving simple domestic problems. mowing young grass and thin shrubs. In addition, it is practically free, and it can be obtained in any quantity.
How to thread fishing line into the trimmer coil?
Many newcomers who recently bought a trimmer do not know how to insert a fishing line into the trimmer. It is not difficult to do this, it is enough to act in the indicated order:
- In order to wind the fishing line onto the trimmer coil, first of all, it is necessary to disconnect the two parts of the coil. To do this, press 2 keys on the sides of the coil and disconnect one part of the product from the other;
- Together with the lower half of the coil, the inner part of the product is extended. In this case, you should be very careful not to lose the spring located inside the coil;
- Next, you need to take a few meters of fishing line and insert one end into the fixing hole;
- After this, it is necessary to wind the fishing line in the opposite direction to the rotation of the coil during the operation of the trimmer;
- After winding up the fishing line, you will need to leave a small piece of it and fix it in the groove of the inside of the reel;
- Then you need to stick a sticking piece of fishing line into the hole in the outer part of the reel and connect the two halves of the product. At the same time, do not forget to install a spring between them.