Trimmer Fishing Line – Which is Better?
Share in social. networks:
The trimmer is a great solution for those who have ornamental shrubs or lawns in the courtyard of the country house or in the country. Of course, they look very beautiful, but they often need to be cut and trimmed. Using an electric or gasoline scythe, you can mow grass quickly and efficiently, including in the most difficult to access areas. The performance of the device depends on the choice of fishing line. Topic of article: fishing line for trimmer. which is better?
Criterias of choice
Different manufacturing companies use different consumables for the manufacture of woods. To make the right and thoughtful choice, you need to know its main criteria.
Almost all Lawn Mower use cords in 1.4-4.0 mm. However, before you get this or that fishing line, do not be too lazy to look into the technical characteristics of the device to find out what thickness of the cord it is designed for.
Important! If the thread is too thin, this can lead to premature engine wear. The use of excessively thick cord (more than 4 mm) leads to increased friction. The result is the same. the engine wears out quickly or burns out. Needless to say that this happens at the most inopportune moment!
The approximate cord thickness can be determined, depending on the power source:
- For motokos with a capacity of up to 1 kW, operating on battery or mains, the maximum thickness of the fishing line is 2 mm.
- The optimal thickness of the fishing line for a 0.5 kW Lawn Mower is 1.5 mm.
- The thickness of the cord for gasoline appliances is 2.4-3.0 mm. With its help, you can cut not only grass, but also shrubs. Exploiting such a cord is much more profitable. If only because it is stronger, and you won’t have to change it often.
The composition, or from which they make the fishing line for the trimmer:
- The most common material for woods is nylon. This is a wear-resistant material that withstands mechanical stress and quite significant temperature differences. Nylon retains its strength characteristics for a long time.
- Coaxial thread is even stronger than nylon. Its validity is much longer.
- Now on sale are fishing lines with aluminum impregnation. Customer reviews about them are positive.
Video: Trimmer Fishing Line. Which is Better?
The most practical option is a round section. Compared with other varieties, such a cord is relatively inexpensive. over, the quality of mowing is very good. But the round fishing line has a drawback. a lot of noise during the operation of the tool. This problem can be solved if you buy a fishing line with a spiral configuration. In addition, there are square, star and rectangular cords for sale.
Important! Fishing lines with sharp jagging along the edges do better with grass.
A special conversation is about cords with dents and grooves along the entire length. The thickness of this fishing line is 4 mm. It is used in addition to a powerful Lawn Mower for overgrown and neglected areas. In this case, the sound from the trimmer is not very strong.
Important! Twisted fishing line is indispensable for mowing dead wood. It has a circular cross section and an inner insert of another material. The cord has considerable strength even with a relatively small (1.4 mm) thickness. Such a thread can only be used on a brushcutter. The cost of fishing line is quite high. It is not purchased for permanent use, but if you need to perform urgent difficult work in 1-2 days.
How to choose a fishing line for a trimmer. basic rules:
The decision about which thread is better is made by the owner. However, there are a few general selection rules that you must follow in any case. Wrong choice can cause the device to fail:
- Choose the thickness of the cord in strict accordance with the technical characteristics of the device and the type of engine. For example, a 4 mm fishing line is not suitable for a low-power device.
- Pay attention to the configuration of the cord section. Young grass on the lawn can be cut with round thin fishing line. Mowing of perennial plants is possible with fishing line with sharp corners in cross section.
- When working, try to avoid cord contact with hard surfaces. Otherwise, the fishing line will wear out faster.
- High price and high quality are not synonyms. Therefore, do not try to purchase the most expensive product. To mow a little grown grass, a budget option with a thickness of 1.2-1.4 mm is enough.
A scythe fishing line is not just a consumable, but an important element, which, if correctly selected, ensures stable operation and high productivity of the device. If you choose the right cord, there will be no problems not only with mowing the lawn, but also with dead wood.