What engine to put on a mole cultivator
Patriot electric motor, 7 hp. from.
It is also quite reliable, but an uninterruptible power supply should be located near the site.
Each of these motors fits well into the structure of the cultivator, and the installation of the device will require a minimum of frame alterations.
Cultivator device Mole
There are practically no unnecessary parts in the configuration of the domestic unit, however, the design of the cultivator is made in such a way that the owner can use it for a variety of economic purposes. Due to the reliability of the main components, the equipment is able to withstand prolonged loads. The unit design consists of the following elements:
- The frame, which is connected from two semi-frames, is attached to the gearbox housing with bolts;
- Tubular handle and bracket for the operation of attachments;
- Control levers;
- Pneumatic wheels, which are mounted on the output shafts of the gearbox;
- 2-stroke, single-cylinder air-cooled motor, attached to the frame. connected to the gear shaft by means of a V-belt drive.
The engine deserves special attention among all the elements. its volume is approximately 60 cm3, the torque is 6000 rpm, and the power is 2.6 liters. from. The engine runs on a mixture of engine oil and gasoline.
It is not difficult to guess that the low power of the standard motor pushes farmers to replace it. It is quite simple to perform this operation, but you will need to choose the right engine for the Mole cultivator. Below we will figure out which motor is suitable for installation on a domestic unit.
What motors are suitable for installation on the Mole cultivator?
Among suitable engines for most Mole units, the following models stand out:
Replacing the engine on the Krot cultivator. selection and installation
The Krot motor-cultivator has earned the trust of customers due to its reliability and simplicity of design. Nevertheless, many farmers are trying in every possible way to improve the unit, improve its technical characteristics and operational indicators.
To do this, you can purchase and install a new engine for the Mole cultivator. it will make the unit more powerful, which will positively affect its performance and capabilities.
Lifan 168 FB motor
Power 6.5 hp from. with 2 cm pulley shaft. Some configurations have a shaft 1.9 cm long.
The engine air filter should be equipped with an oil bath to help reduce the load on the engine in dusty terrain.
Imported engine Sadko DE-220, 4.2 liters. from.
The shaft diameter of this motor is 1.9 cm and the motor is started with a cord.
Self-replacement of the engine. instructions and nuances
To change a regular motor to an imported one, you need to follow the instructions. The correct algorithm is as follows:
- First, unscrew the factory motor mount, remove the gas and muffler wires;
- Remove the engine from the frame;
- Attach a new motor and mark on the frame where you need to drill holes;
- Install the new motor, put the belt on it and slide it along the frame to the maximum belt tension. Make sure that the motor pulley and the gear pulley are in the same plane;
- Bolt the motor to the frame.
- Connect the transmission channels.
Before work, the finished structure should be “run” at idle speed.
Motor cultivator device
The Mole motor-cultivator, as well as the Caiman, Patriot, Texas, Foreman, Krosser, VIKING, Forza walk-behind tractors, is quite popular in the post-Soviet space, which is explained by the simplicity of its design and rather good performance.
There is absolutely nothing superfluous in the complete set of this walk-behind tractor, but its device is made in such a way that it is able to cope with the main agricultural work. digging beds, cultivating the soil, etc.
In addition, the design of the main working units allows it to withstand fairly long-term loads, ensuring stable operation for many years.
For more information about the Mole walk-behind tractor, see
The very design of the Mole walk-behind tractor consists of the following components:
- Frame structure, consisting of two half frames, bolted to the gearbox.
- Tubular handles, as well as a special bracket for attaching additional attachments, located at the back of the structure.
- The main controls are located on the handles. adjusting the engine speed, as well as the clutch.
- Tillers can be put on the output shafts of the gearbox, as well as wheels that allow the use of a single-axle tractor with a plow, or for transporting various loads.
- On the frame structure there is a motor for the Mole walk-behind tractor, which is connected to the input shaft of the gearbox through a V-belt transmission.
- In addition, the design has built-in wheels that allow the unit to move freely. When starting work with a walk-behind tractor, these wheels must be removed from the structure, or raised and fixed in the desired position.
As we can see, the device is quite simple and does not include unnecessary frills. In principle, everything that is needed for high-quality work on the ground. all this is in the design of this unit and in the Sadko, Don, Huter, Profi, LANDER, Champion walk-behind tractors.
As for the factory engine of the Mole walk-behind tractor, its device is a 2-stroke engine with one cylinder and air cooling.
Its volume is about 60 cm3, with a power of 2.6 hp. and 6000 rpm. It starts with a regular cable, according to the principle of a chainsaw plant.
You need to fill it with a special mixture consisting of gasoline and engine oil. These characteristics are rather modest, so many people want to change it to more powerful models.
Replacing the factory engine can be done independently, because the design of the Mole, as mentioned above, does not present a certain complexity in its understanding. Most often, they resort to replacing them with 4-stroke versions of engines, because they have higher performance than 2-stroke.
Of course, there are some modifications, such as a single-axle Mole tractor with a 4-stroke Honda engine, but its cost will be significantly higher than that of a standard Mole. Therefore, we are considering the “worst” option, when we have a single-axle tractor with the most standard factory engine, with a capacity of no more than 3 hp.
As practice shows, you need to take with a pulley shaft of 20 mm (there is another type of engine for 19 mm). It is also important to have an oil bath at the air filter, because such a device is used specifically for areas where there is increased dustiness.
How to convert a Mole to an electric motor, installing a Lifan Engine on a uniaxial tractor. replacing it with an imported one
The agricultural industry is gradually entering the means of small-scale mechanization, which makes it possible to significantly simplify the process of carrying out land works.
An important role in this is played by motoblocks from various manufacturers, distinguished by their compactness and relatively high power, depending on the type of engine used. In our country, traditionally popular are domestic units, familiar to many since Soviet times.
In particular, we are talking about the Mole walk-behind tractor, which is the first model, the serial production of which was established in the USSR.
However, many are not happy with the factory engine included in the kit, wanting to replace it with a more powerful one.
This does not mean at all about the poor performance of the “native” motor, but some want to put a more powerful unit. Consider this issue from all sides, taking into account the technical features of the complete set of the Mole walk-behind tractor, and also find out which engine can be put on it.
Instructions for replacing and installing the engine on a uniaxial tractor
This is a perfectly acceptable option for those who have extra funds, but we will consider the option of directly installing the new engine on the Mole frame structure.
Let’s take an example of the 4-stroke Forza 160F engine, which has 4 hp. This choice is not accidental, because it runs on standard AI-92 gasoline, which is more preferable than the mixture used on the Mole’s factory engine.
This engine for a single-axle tractor Krot also has increased technical data, which naturally affects its cost. average
This engine has the following technical characteristics:
- the type of fuel used. gasoline;
- maximum power. 4 hp;
- total weight. 13 kg;
- length. 40 cm;
- width. 33 cm;
- height. 35.5 cm;
- fuel tank volume. 3.2 l;
- oil sump capacity. 0.6 l.
These technical data are an order of magnitude superior to those of the “native” motor.
Now you can start working, the algorithm of actions will be as follows:
- On the Mole walk-behind tractor, you need to unscrew the fasteners of the factory engine, which consists of four bolts. You also need to remove the jamming and gas wires.
- Removing the factory engine from the frame.
- The problem is that the old holes on the frame do not line up with the mounting holes on the new engine. We need to mark the points that we will drill on the frame structure.
- We take a new engine and put it on the frame. We put the belt on it, then we move the motor further along the frame to the desired belt tension. it should turn freely. We leave the engine in this position and mark the places in which two through holes will be made. You also need to ensure that the motor pulley and the gear pulley are on the same plane.
- Next, we drill holes along the pre-marked grooves. By the way, to connect the engine to the frame, you need to use bolts 3.5 cm long, which is the optimal value for our purposes. Longer bolts simply won’t fit between the frame and the underside of the engine.
- We tighten the two bolts all the way, connect the clutch, gas and jamming system.
The only difficulty is that the size of the pulley on the walk-behind tractor does not match the shaft of our new engine. You can replace the pulley, but there is the possibility of some revision of the old one. you need to slightly bore the hole of the pulley so that it fits under the motor shaft.
It is important to maintain the alignment of both pulleys here, so it may be necessary to install centering stands.
Thus, we have got a single-axle Mole tractor with a rather powerful imported engine. At the same time, its weight became slightly higher, but the performance characteristics increased significantly.
In the course of work, the new engine recycles the soil much deeper and more intensively, in comparison with the factory unit.
At the same time, it is better not to immediately start intensive work, letting the engine run a little, getting used to new conditions.
What kind of electric motor can you put on a Mole cultivator?
The design of the Mole walk-behind tractor frame allows you to install other engines produced at various factories on it. At the same time, the alteration of the frame will be minimal, consisting in a few simple manipulations.
In addition, you can install a Patriot electric motor for the Mole walk-behind tractor, The only thing is that you need to take care of electricity in your area so that the device can work stably.
A good option is obtained from the installation of the SadkoDE-220 engine on this single-axle tractor, the power of which is about 4.2 hp. Shaft diameter is 19 mm, cord starts.
One of the most labor-intensive activities in agriculture is harvesting grain. Combine harvester Polesie. excellent quality for decades.
Snow is far from the best coverage for cars, so in snowy areas you need to use other means of transport, such as a snowmobile. Here is all the information about the wonderful Varyag 550 snowmobile.
An electric sprayer is an important and highly effective tool in the competent organization of labor in a garden area, which allows you to protect the plant, feed it on time and carry out prevention. By clicking on the link you will learn how to make a sprayer with your own hands.
In principle, these are the most optimal engine options that can be installed on the Mole. In principle, you can try to install other models, but it is important to remember that their power should not be too high.
In principle, 6 horsepower is quite enough for such a walk-behind tractor design, because the use of large powers can bring an unnecessary load on the gearbox, which can cause it to fail quickly enough.
Honda GC 135
These are products of an international industrial company of Japanese origin. The lightweight, reliable and environmentally friendly motor has 4 horsepower. Very economical. it consumes little gasoline. The motor is universal, it can be installed on a wide variety of equipment, including gardening.
The four-stroke motor is equipped with a single aluminum cylinder and has a toothed drive belt. Cooling. air. Starting. manual, filter. paper. The fuel tank holds 1.3 liters. The capacity of the crankcase is 0.6 liters. Dimensions (LxWxH): 32.2×36.5×31.5 cm.Motor weight. 11.3 kg. The frequency of revolutions is 2,500 rpm. Engine displacement. 135 cubic meters. cm.
Honda FC-600 Tiller Demo
Motor Sadko de 220
Diesel engine manufactured in Slovenia. It is compact, fuel efficient, durable, and can withstand diesel loads. Its power is 4 horsepower, and the engine displacement is 211 cubic meters. see It is installed on compressors, walk-behind tractors, motor pumps, mini-tractors, cultivators, etc. Sadko de 220 is able to work stably under any climatic conditions.
The purchase of new gardening equipment is a joyful but responsible event. First you need to spend time on
- diesel fuel is used, it is considered more economical than gasoline;
- four-stroke fuel supply;
- the key shaft is rotated counterclockwise at a speed of 3,600 rpm;
- minimum oil consumption is ensured by a counter that prevents dry start;
- thanks to the decompression valve, the engine starts without any problems with a manual starter;
- there is a system that regulates the speed of the crankshaft and prevents abrasion of parts when the oil level drops.
Dimensions (LxWxH): 33.2×34.8×41.6 cm.The motor weighs 26 kg. Air cleaner type. dry. The fuel tank holds 2.5 liters. Shaft diameter. 28 mm.
Initially, the Mole cultivator comes with a single-cylinder engine. It has forced air cooling and a 2-stroke carburetor. The motor has a non-removable starter. Starting. manual, about the same as in chainsaws.
Characteristics of the engine for motor-cultivators of the Krot brand:
- power. 2.6 horsepower;
- volume. 60 cubic meters cm;
- fuel consumption. 0.96 l / kWh;
- tank volume. 1.8 liters;
- revolutions. 5500-6000 per minute.
Features of the design of the engine on the “Mole” walk-behind tractor:
- the carburetor in the cultivator is designed like those on the old mopeds. “Verkhovyna” and “Karpaty”;
- a dry-type air cleaner with a replaceable filter is installed in the engine;
- gasoline A-76 is used as fuel;
- oil M-8 B1 is added to gasoline in a ratio of 1:20;
- electronic ignition, contactless type, brand MB-1;
- candles. A.11.
Lifan 168 FB motor
This popular gasoline engine is suitable for MK “Krot” and other brands. Its manufacturer is the Chinese company “Lifan”, which is known all over the world for its high-quality engines of various capacities and designs.
The quality of Lifan is explained quite simply. the company does not develop its own development, but only copies high-quality motors from other manufacturers, most often Japanese ones. Lifan produces many engine models that can be used for agricultural machinery. Modification 168FB is most suitable for the “Mole” cultivator.
Lifan 168 FB can be installed not only on “Mole” walk-behind tractors, but also on “Cascades”, “Beams”, “Neva” and on other equipment running on gasoline.
- the exhaust and air filter covers are made of plastic;
- complete with a spark plug wrench and instructions, no pulley included;
- oil. Husqvarna SAE 30 for four-stroke engines;
- it is allowed to use a reduction gear with automatic clutch.
The single-cylinder engine has a capacity of 6.5 horsepower and a volume of 196 cubic meters. see This is twice as much as the motor that comes with the cultivator. The motor shaft, 2 cm in diameter, is located horizontally. The bore is 6.8 cm and the piston travels 5.4 cm.
The fuel tank holds 3.6 liters, which is double that of a standard motor mounted on a walk-behind tractor. Ignition. semiconductor contactless. The engine is started manually. Dimensions (cm): 39.5x36x36. Weight. 16 kg. Lifan 168 FB runs on AI-92 gasoline. Motor parts are freely available at reasonable prices.
What engines are suitable for the “Mole” cultivator
Due to the difficult start and low power of the engine installed initially, the owners of the “Mole” walk-behind tractors often change to more powerful imported counterparts. There is nothing difficult in replacing the engine, since the frame design allows you to install motors from different manufacturers on it.
The main thing when replacing an engine is to correctly select its power. And very little alterations will be required. any owner of a walk-behind tractor can handle them. Typically, the two-stroke engine that the Moles are equipped with is replaced with a more powerful four-stroke engine. Most often, to replace the engine on the “Krot” motor-cultivator, they take imported analogues.
Who is the manufacturer
The Mole units are made in Russia. This agricultural technique is made at the Moscow plant of JSC “MMP im. V.V. Chernyshev “. The company has been producing engines for military aircraft since the 30s of the last century.
At summer cottages, garden gasoline four-stroke or two-stroke equipment is widely used, for example
The first “Mole” walk-behind tractors were produced in 1983. This technique is designed for soil cultivation. Later, the manufacturer began to produce attachments that significantly expand the capabilities of walk-behind tractors.
I advise you to plant an excellent variety of Red Carmen onions in the garden. incredibly tasty.
What engine can be put on the “Mole” cultivator: replacement options
Motor-cultivators “Krot” are popular among owners of small land plots. This inexpensive and reliable technique has a simple design that many farmers make adjustments to. Among the improvements made is the replacement of the engine with a more powerful analogue.
Motor Patriot Patriot SR177F
The Patriot SR177F gasoline engine is suitable for a wide variety of equipment. motoblocks, generators, cultivators, lawn mowers, motor pumps, boats, etc. It is an economical and powerful motor (9 horsepower). This is a four-stroke engine with an overhead valve arrangement, which is economical in fuel consumption.
The motor is started with a transistor magnetic starter. The shaft rotates at a speed of 3600 rpm. The shaft diameter is 25.5 mm, its length is 72 mm. Engine displacement. 270 cubic meters. m. Air cooling is used. The fuel tank holds 6 liters. The oil sump holds 1.1 liters. Launch. manual.