What Is A Vibratory Plate For?
Any vibration compactor that is not able to move independently, but requires a separate slave device can be included here.
We are talking about models that are dragged by a tractor, truck or other suitable equipment.
High performance due to all the advantages of the diesel engine, which is usually installed on the heaviest models.
These are the most expensive vibratory plates, therefore, they are mostly common among road services and construction companies.
The cost varies widely, starting from 120 thousand, exceeding 1 million rubles.
In addition to the classic self-propelled models with a folding handle for movement control, vibratory plates with remote control are produced, which allow the operator to be at a safe distance from the place of work.
A road vibrating plate designed for compacting asphalt and bitumen mixtures necessarily comes with a tank into which water is poured. This is necessary so that the material does not stick to the base of the apparatus, which implies periodic wetting of this surface. There are models with automatic water supply, which greatly simplifies the workflow. This irrigation system is operated by turning a crane.
In addition to buying a factory vibration machine, its fully-fledged version can be made from a tiller, or rather, based on its engine.
The simplest vibratory rammer for concrete can be assembled from a hammer drill, equipped with a nozzle with a flat rectangular or square base.
Are rearranged from place to place by lifting equipment.
The GOST 31552-2012 standard recommends vibrating plate manufacturers to use marking with specific indexing, which is a structure of the type PVUH – Y – Z – H, where:
- PVU. vibration sealing plate.
- X. mode of movement (SR. self-propelled reversible, CO. self-propelled one-way).
- Y is the operating weight, rounded to the nearest 10 kg.
- Z. working surface width in millimeters.
- Н. serial number of the model.
A self-propelled reversing vehicle of the third model with a plate 0.5 m wide and weighing 147 kg will be marked as PVUSR-150-500-03.
Types of vibrating plates and their price
According to the operating weight, all vibratory plates are divided into the following types:
- Ultralight (less than 75 kg). not suitable for asphalt paving, but can be used for paving paths or other small landscaping. These are amateur machines capable of compacting soil no more than 150 mm thick.
- Lightweight (75. 90 kg). are considered universal, since they already ram a layer 200. 250 mm thick, and therefore are actively used when laying large volumes of paving slabs and when patching the roadway.
- Medium (90. 140 kg). capable of compacting a layer up to 300 mm, used for backfilling foundations, layer-by-layer compaction of road bases Models in this category are no longer suitable for tiling.
- Heavy (over 140 kg). Machines weighing more than 200 kg fit the definition of industrial equipment, as they are actively used when compacting large layers of any type of soil, crushed stone, and other bulk materials on construction sites.
By the way the vibrating plate moves, there are:
They are usually used as attachments for excavators.
These are hydraulic vibrating plates, that is, powered by the standard hydraulics of construction equipment, have a swing motor, have a large tamper base and weigh more than 500 kg (more often under 1 ton).
Reverse and straight rammer
Vibratory plates differ in where and how they are directed during operation.
The vibratory rammer has two strokes:
Plates with forward motion can only move in one direction, that is, they practically play the role of a conventional roller.
The reverse vibratory plate can move in any direction, which increases the efficiency of the vibratory rammer and reduces the time required. The reversible method is also used for heavy slabs over 100 kg.
It is quite difficult to unfold such a plate for re-ramming, especially if the work surface is of limited dimensions.
Main technical characteristics
The most important characteristic of the unit is the weight of the work plate. It determines about 70% of the total productivity of a homemade vibrating plate, as well as the suitability of the tool to the work performed. Depending on this indicator, it is customary to distinguish four categories of units:
- Lightweight. weight less than 75 kg.
- Universal. the stove weighs 75-140 kg.
- Medium. weight is in the range of 90-140 kg.
- Heavy. slab weight exceeds 140 kg.
For home use, it is quite enough to make a vibratory rammer of the first category with your own hands. Also, the power of the power plant has a great influence on the productivity and quality of work performed. The optimal ratio of weight and power is 5 liters. C. For every 100 kg of weight.
Among the additional characteristics of the unit, three should be distinguished:
- Vibration Force. Indicates the vibration power of the base.
- Dimensions of the working plate. determines the base pressure per unit of the treated surface and this indicator should not be less than 0.3.
- Type of power unit. electric, gasoline and diesel engines can be installed on vibrating plates.
Homemade vibrating plate with your own hands
Preparing the required kit
To make a vibrating plate at home or in a garage, you do not need to look for any rare or expensive parts. In the process, the following tools will be in demand:
- Welding machine and a pack of electrodes 3 mm in diameter;
- Half a kilogram hammer;
- Angle grinder with discs for metal;
- Set of wrenches and screwdrivers.
The components for the device will include the following set:
- A platform engine with the ability to be connected to a household power grid of 220 V. A new vibrator for a vibrating plate will be quite expensive, therefore it is recommended to purchase Soviet devices at disassembly or radio markets. Sometimes craftsmen even mount motors from old washing machines, but the disadvantage of this method is the inability to adjust vibration.
- Sheet metal 8-10 mm thick. The area is selected taking into account the fact that the edges will be bent. The optimal parameter for living conditions is 50×80 cm plus a bend allowance. You can find a sheet on metal sites.
- A pair of 80 mm channels or pieces of a building profile, which will be welded across the structure. They are needed to attach and hold the motor.
- Metal pipe with a diameter of 20 mm. Its length is calculated based on the user’s height. A handle for medium height will be optimal 120 cm, so you need about 3 m of workpiece.
- A set of hardware for fastening the motor, including bolts M10-M12, nuts for them, necessarily lock washers to minimize the effect of vibration.
It will be possible to reduce the degree of influence of vibration on the operator with the help of built-in accessories. Automotive suspension elements are often used for this. Without them, everything will also work, but the operator will get tired faster.
: Making a vibrating plate with your own hands, step by step, with errors and their solution
Making a homemade vibrating plate
Any plate compactor cannot work without a motor. For small work in the country and in the personal plot, a regular platform vibrator with a power of 220 V is suitable.
Ideally, the IV-98 engine should be used: it copes well with an average load, has an operator-controlled vibration force and can work for several hours in a row.
Its cost starts at 7,000 rubles. But it is always possible to remove the old engine from unused systems.
In order to create a base, a metal sheet is suitable, which can be purchased from any company that sells rolled metal.
The thickness of the sheet must be at least 8 mm, and its length and width must not exceed 80 and 45 cm, respectively.
You will also need a metal plate to act as a sole. It is fixed to the working base from the bottom side.
Do not take too thick soles. 5 mm is enough.
The vibrating plate should not burrow into the rammed soil, so the edges must be bent. To do this, using an angle grinder, cuts with a depth of no more than 5 mm are made 10 cm from the edge.
The edges are bent with a hammer, to the inner side by about 25-30 degrees. To strengthen the structure, the cut points are strengthened with a welding machine.
The motor is now attached to the base. To do this, mark the surface of the working plate, selecting suitable places for fastening the bolts.
The holes are drilled, threads are made and studs are screwed in. Channel bars are installed. And only then, with the help of a level, the engine is installed.
A handle is needed to move and adjust the position of a homemade vibrating plate. It is fixed to the base of the working plate with two welded bolts. The handle is put on the bolts and reinforced with nuts.
To damp the vibration of the handle from a working device, use ordinary silent blocks for a car.
For high-quality compaction of the soil, two tubes are welded onto the base. A tank with water is attached to one of them above the stove, and a hose is connected to the other, which goes out to the sole. This allows the sole to be wetted before starting the tamping process.
However, care must be taken not to spill water on the engine, otherwise a short circuit may occur.
The homemade vibrating plate is ready. With its help, you can compact the soil to a depth of 10 cm and work without interruption for up to three hours.
What the vibrating plate consists of
Before you start making a vibrating plate with your own hands, you need to draw up a drawing of it. To do this, you need to know what parts the technique consists of.
Any modern vibrating plate consists of several elements:
- Working plate.
- Vibrating unit.
- Suspension system.
- Control mechanism.
The working plate is mainly made of cast iron, and its characteristics are determined by the quality of this material.
Poor quality cast iron can crack when handling sand and gravel mixtures.
These types of soil contain small stones, which, during the compaction process, point to the surface of the slab.
The dimensions of the work surface are also important. When the slab has the correct geometry, its platform is capable of self-cleaning without leaving any soil residues.
Therefore, when making a vibrating plate with your own hands, it is better to make a surface of a smaller area, if this does not reduce the vibration properties.
The vibrating unit is attached to the plate, so all connections and attachment points must be assembled especially carefully.
All parts must be made of high quality and durable materials. High vibration and a certain weight of the product set the level of impact on the ground.
The shaft seal of the vibration unit must prevent the leakage of lubricating liquid, keep out dust and dirt, and also withstand prolonged loads.
The vibration unit is driven by the transfer of energy from the electric motor.
For better work in vibration machines, an internal combustion engine is used, which has maximum power and carries out ramming in any conditions.