What is the most durable fishing line for trimmer
The trimmer is an important tool that is designed for mowing grass and other vegetation. He is able to become an indispensable assistant for owners of private houses and summer cottages, as it helps to maintain the surrounding area in a tidy condition. In order to choose a trimmer model that will perform the work with the highest quality and serve faithfully for many years, you need to pay special attention to all the components of the device. One of the issues to be decided is which fishing line for the trimmer is better?
Choosing a Trimmer Fishing Line
In order to choose the right fishing line for the trimmer, the following parameters should be considered:
- cord thickness;
- sectional shape;
- material of which the fishing line is made.
Choosing the right cord thickness is important. It must correspond to the characteristics of a particular device. If the fishing line is with a large diameter, which is designed for a specific trimmer model, this can lead to tangling of the thread on the spool, overheating of the engine and rapid wear of the bushings.
The size of the fishing line for the trimmer can be from 1.2 to 4 mm. You can make a conditional separation:
- Fishing line with a thickness 1.2. 1.6 mm. She intended for appliances with low power. up to 0.5 kW. Usually it electric models.
- Thick cord 2. 2.4 mm. This is the most common size that fits for cutting both young and hard grass. Such a fishing line is installed on trimmers having a power of 1 kW.
- Fishing line 3. 3.2 mm. intended for high power gas trimmers, which can cut thick stems.
- Cord Thick 4 mm. This is the thickest trimmer fishing line that can handle more than just hard grass, but even with stalks of bushes.
Video: What is the most durable fishing line for trimmer
The shape of the thread is also an important parameter when choosing a fishing line for the trimmer. This is due to the fact that the process of cutting the grass stem occurs as follows: the fishing line separates part of it, not cutting, but interrupting it. According to the cross-sectional shape, the cords are divided into the following types:
- round. this is a universal form that is suitable for cutting both fresh and dry grass;
- multifaceted, which has from 3 to 6 faces. Such a fishing line is able to cope with hard and thick stems. With all the advantages of the cord, it also has a drawback: fast consumption. Therefore, it is recommended to use it exclusively for its intended purpose;
- curly. in the form of stars, squares with recesses. They have their own characteristics of destination. For example, an asterisk is used to cut fresh grass.
Production material for fishing line
As a rule, a nylon fishing line is used for the trimmer. from polyamide or polypropylene. A cheaper option is to add polyethylene. It is not recommended to be used, since the cord, which contains such a material, is characterized by reduced resistance to wear and temperature.
To extend the life of the fishing line made of polypropylene, it is soaked in water for half an hour before direct use. Many people have a question: what is the most durable fishing line for the trimmer? Such can be called strings having a large diameter (about 4 mm), in which aluminum particles are specially added.
Some practice using a metal wire or wire ropes for lawn mowing, which is strictly forbidden. It is best to use a metal fishing line for the trimmer, which is the most reliable.
In addition, reinforced fishing line for a trimmer, which consists of an outer layer and a dense core, is considered to be heavy-duty. This ensures its high wear resistance.
Thus, having the necessary information about the characteristics of the fishing line for the trimmer, you can choose the best option for yourself.