What Kind Of Oil To Pour Into The Electric Jackhammer
The greater the force of the blow, the more the hammer will be able to beat off in one blow. This indicator is related to the volume of work performed, because the speed of work depends on the strength of the blow. Force is measured in joules and is directly proportional to engine power.
The lightest jackhammers are capable of delivering up to 20 J, the average impact force ranges from 20 to 40 J, and the heavy and powerful jackhammers work with a force of 40 J and more.
In terms of its size, this model is no larger than a hammer drill, but it has excellent technical characteristics. Weighing only 5.5 kg, the tool is capable of breaking up to 5 tons of concrete daily. The SH-160 demolition hammer handles concrete, brick and stone easily.
It will be convenient for you to work with this model not only due to its compact size and light weight, but also due to the AVT technology, which significantly reduces the level of vibration. The handle of the tool is rubberized and allows you to hold it securely in any working conditions. The SH-160 also has a snap position adjustment function that allows you to change it in a few seconds.
The number of blows when working with the model reaches 3600 per minute, which provides the required pace of work. The bit is held firmly in the SDS-max chuck even during the most intensive use.
Frequently asked questions about jackhammers
Demolition hammers are capable of working with various types of attachments. They come with many instrument models, but you can always purchase the missing one separately. The most popular types of attachments:
- Pick-scrap. It has a pointed end, like a usual scrap. It is used for demolition work (destruction) with hard materials. concrete, stone, brick, asphalt.
- Scapula. Ideal for removing tiles or finishing materials from surfaces. The blade must be well sharpened to be effective.
- Chisel. This nozzle can destroy reinforcement, frozen soil, and create holes. The chisel is very useful when working with metal structures.
- Pick-tamper. Used for soil compaction, sealing joints and cracks.
What kind of oil to pour into a jackhammer?
Each manufacturer specifies the brand of oil that is suitable for its jackhammers. When you buy a Dnipro-M breaker, you will receive gear and shank oil included.
Types and device of a jackhammer
The most popular classification of jackhammers is by type. There are fenders with an electric motor, internal combustion engines, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
Before we go into detail about the features of each type, let’s talk about the general features of the entire category. The breaker device includes the following components:
- Rigging (chisel, lance, etc.);
- Impact mechanism;
- Tool holder;
- A pen;
- Start button.
How does a jackhammer work? Energy that is generated in the engine or supplied from the compressor pushes the firing pin. It transmits movement to the pike, which acts on the destroyed material.
What kind of oil to pour into an electric jackhammer. Catalog
No, he cannot come flooded. So they poured too much somewhere. The design of the M-30 is more advanced than that of the M-25, the first has a sealed stem assembly, and 30 grams there is enough for lubrication.
By the way, we now have HEX30 chisels, chisels and rammers in our tooling.
Do you mind, I’ll post it here.
Insert for the operation manual М-30 / 2000В. This power tool has a hermetically sealed stem to prevent dust and oil from leaking out. This is why this demolition hammer can be used for extended periods without the need to change or add oil. After initial commissioning, add oil every 25 (moto) operating hours. 1. To fill in oil, turn on the machine so that it runs for a certain time and warms up. 2. Turn off the power tool and unplug the power cord from the outlet. 3. Unscrew the oil reservoir cap (10) using the special wrench. 4. Fill with 30 g of oil. Use Mobil Delvac MX special oil, SAE 15W-40. You can use both semi-synthetic and synthetic motor oils with an index corresponding to 15W-40. 5. Replace the reservoir cap and tighten securely. Clean off any oil that has spilled onto it with a rag.
It was a long time ago, I can’t remember everything. The gearbox contains constant lubrication and oil.
The machine is sold completely ready for use, then you can follow the instructions:
This power tool has a hermetically sealed stem to prevent dust and oil from leaking out. This is why this demolition hammer can be used for extended periods without the need to change or add oil. After initial commissioning, add oil every 25 (moto) operating hours. 1. To fill in oil, turn on the machine so that it runs for a certain time and warms up. 2. Turn off the power tool and unplug the power cord from the outlet. 3. Unscrew the oil reservoir cap (10) using the special wrench. 4. Fill with 30 g of oil. Use Mobil Delvac MX special oil, SAE 15W-40. You can use both semi-synthetic and synthetic motor oils with an index corresponding to 15W-40. 5. Replace the reservoir cap and tighten securely. Clean off any oil that has spilled onto it with a rag.
I consulted with a specialist, you need to contact the service with this hammer, there should not be such deviations.
And it is difficult to add oil, and before draining the factory grease, add oil. Here is a link, maybe it will save someone from a quick failure of the hammer. http://www.Interskol.ru/forum/comments.php?Discussion
To prevent the ingress of dust and oil leakage This power tool has a hermetically sealed stem. For this reason, the myth jackhammer it is used for a long time without the need to change or add oil. After initial commissioning, add oil every twenty five (moto) operating hours. 1. To fill in oil, turn on the machine so that the oil-like operation does not warm up for a certain time. 2. Turn off the power tool, do not unplug the power cord. 3. Unscrew the oil reservoir cap (10) using the special wrench. 4. Pour thirty g of oil. Use a special oil Mobil Delvac MX SAE 15W-40. Non-semi-synthetic non-synthetic motor oils with an index corresponding to 15W-40 are used.
By the way, for those who are interested, that’s what I managed to find out. And I see to sell already misinformation wrote not sixty but 25-30 hours.
Purchase of a PIT GSH65-D jackhammer and its review
Chinese instrument. 5. Replace the reservoir cap, do not tighten it well. Wipe off any oil that has spilled onto the machine with a cloth.
First of all, it should be noted that jackhammers are mainly professional equipment. This is due to the lack of demand for them for domestic and economic purposes, as well as the high cost.
Therefore, the main factor in choosing a jackhammer is the purpose, that is, the amount and nature of the planned work. This determines the required parameters and functions of the device. In addition, it is impractical to purchase such a device for one-time work.
There are several main parameters of jackhammers.
- Weight determines the ability to keep the device suspended. So, models weighing up to 6 kg are relevant for high-altitude work or cramped conditions. Hammers up to 10 kg can be held horizontally when carrying out horizontal work on dismantling walls and making holes. Heavier hammers can be operated vertically with foundations, soil, etc.
- The impact force is equivalent to the amount of material chipped off for it. Thus, the efficiency of the tool and the speed of work directly depend on this indicator. It can be from 2.8 to 63 J.
- The impact frequency, reflecting their number per unit of time, also determines the speed of work, but is inversely related to the previous parameter. That is, with an increase in the force of blows, their frequency decreases. So, for light models, this characteristic can be up to 3500, while for heavy models. from 1100.
- Power determines the penetration capacity of the jackhammer and the duration of the working cycle. It is 0.5-2 kW. For finishing works, 1.2 kW is enough. To destroy a concrete or brick wall, 1.6 kW is required. Demolition of the road surface requires the greatest capacity.
The given technical characteristics of jackhammers are largely determined by the type of drive. That is, one of the classifications is of great importance. To understand how to choose a model, you need to know the features of the types allocated to it.
Pneumatic devices, in comparison with electric and ICE hammers, due to their simpler design, are considered more reliable and durable at a significantly lower cost. In addition, they have the smallest weight, ranging from 1.5 to 16 kg. over, these hammers are very productive. Finally, these models are suitable for work in conditions of high humidity and near flammable substances. The main disadvantage is that it is tied to a power source in the form of a compressor, which will have to be purchased separately for a considerable price. over, it is necessary to select this device based on the parameters of the hammer. The main characteristics are volume and working pressure. Compressor parameters determine the duration of operation.
Electric jackhammers are tied to an energy source, just like pneumatic ones. In contrast, such devices should not be used near flammable substances due to the sparking of the motor during operation. They are also not suitable for high humidity conditions. Despite this, they are a very common type of jackhammers. This is due, first of all, to significantly higher efficiency in comparison with pneumatic jackhammers and models with internal combustion engines. In addition, they have the best environmental performance, the lowest vibration and noise levels. Despite the external power source, it is not available as additional equipment, it provides unlimited operation time and ease of connection. Finally, with a more complex design, they are easy to maintain. In addition to the main parameters, engine power is of great importance for these hammer models. For domestic purposes, jackhammers of this type are most often used.
In addition, there are battery options that combine the above positive qualities of electric hammers with the autonomy of gasoline hammers. Still, they are not so mobile, since the duration of operation is determined by the capacity of the battery, which requires further charging.
ICE models are the most mobile. over, they are characterized by a high level of noise and the presence of toxic emissions. In addition, instead of being tied to an energy source, they require a supply of fuel, the amount of which determines the duration of operation. Finally, ICE jackhammers are the most difficult to maintain: they require draining fuel residues, cleaning filters, etc.
In addition, the advantageous working position of the breaker is of great importance.
Horizontal modifications are distinguished by their low weight and the presence of appropriate handles: holding the rear and controlling the front.
Vertical breakers are heavier and have side handles.
Finally, the manufacturer is of considerable importance when choosing. There are a number of brands known for their high quality products. The manufacturers that produce the best breakers include Bosch, Sparky, AEG, Makita, DeWALT, Hitachi, Metabo, Milwaukee.
The main structural elements for any type of jackhammers are represented by a striker, nozzle, chuck, etc.
Pneumatic piston models are arranged according to the scheme of piston systems based on the shock principle. The main structural elements are represented by a start valve, a striker represented by a piston, a fitting for a compressor hose, a cup with a ring valve and a valve box, a muffler. In addition, the jackhammers include two springs, a shock absorber, a retaining ring, a handle, a body.
The named parts are combined into several nodes.
- Impact, also called the launcher and air distribution mechanism, includes a firing pin and a barrel.
- Vibration protection of the handle is represented by a glass and sealing sleeves.
- Anti-vibration chisel protection includes arm and spring-loaded bushing.
- The handle housing includes a housing, a silencer and a trigger.
The shock system has two main functions: supply, distribution and removal of air, converting its energy into work.
Electric models are equipped with such specific units as an electric motor, a gearbox that converts the rotation of the shaft of the latter into a reciprocating movement, a crank mechanism with a piston, which provides pressure in the cylinder acting on the firing pin.
Components specific to jackhammers with internal combustion engines include the carburetor, fuel tank, starter, ignition system, and fuel pump. In addition, taking into account the increased vibration of these devices, the handle and control elements are separated from the body by a spring suspension.
In addition, there are additional accessories for the hammer. It includes the following four attachments. An automatic speed governor, called soft start and idle speed limiter, serves to extend engine life by avoiding overloads and gradual acceleration. The principle of its operation is based on adjusting the speed in accordance with the load. The side handle increases ease of use by promoting proper grip and distribution. The impact frequency adjuster enhances tool control by allowing the breaker to be adjusted to suit different hardness materials. The lock of the button ensures that there is no need to constantly hold it during operation.
The principle of operation of jackhammers is to create reciprocating movements of the striker located in the barrel, which is not kinematically connected with other parts. This is done by different mechanisms depending on the type of hammer.
So, in piston pneumatic models, the air supplied by the hose from the compressor overcomes the resistance of the valve spring when acting on the handle. As a result, the valve moves, opening the opening of the impact mechanism. Alternately, in the lower and upper parts of the cylinder, a vacuum and excess pressure is created due to the bypass of compressed air between them by the valve system, generating reciprocating movements of the striker.
The operation of the pneumatic turbine hammer is based on the drive of the energy generated by the rotating air of the turbine wheel.
Gas powered hammers are also commonly equipped with pneumatic hammers. The piston, by changing the pressure in the cylinder, leads to the movement of the striker piston with the tip attached.
Demolition hammer: purpose, characteristics, use
Demolition work is of great importance in the construction industry. The main hand tool for performing them is a sledgehammer. For large-scale works, an automated mechanism is used, represented by a weight driven by a crane. There is an intermediate version of the mechanized device, suitable for carrying out dismantling works of various sizes. This is a jackhammer.
Several parameters are used to classify the considered devices.
By performance, jackhammers are differentiated into three types.
- Lightweight options are designed for household work. They are capable of crushing plaster, tiles, etc., which makes them suitable for home renovations. The mass of such mini jackhammers is 5-6 kg.
- Medium power units are suitable for asphalt and are therefore used for some construction work. Weight from 6 to 10 kg provides long-term horizontal holding.
- In industry and in the construction of buildings, high-power jackhammers weighing 15-30 kg are used.
However, mass is an indirect indicator of performance. There is a classification close to the above, based on other more significant parameters. It also includes four types.
- The first includes jackhammers with an impact energy of up to 30 J and a frequency of up to 45 Hz. They are suitable for medium-strength materials such as asphalt, brick, clay, and work in confined spaces.
- The second type is represented by options with an impact energy of 40 J and a frequency of 34 Hz, used in general construction works.
- The third type includes models with an impact energy of up to 45 J and a frequency of up to 20 Hz. They are used for vertical impact work with durable materials.
- The fourth type is represented by hammers with an impact energy of more than 50 J and a frequency of up to 24 Hz. Such devices are used for high-strength materials.
Based on the power source, there are four types of jackhammers.
- Pneumatic devices are the most common type. They are powered by a compressor. The principle of operation is based on the pressure of compressed air molecules on the chisel. This equipment is suitable for demolishing any kind of brick and concrete structure. For household options, a power of 5 J is required, and for industrial models this parameter is from 10 to 100 J. This is enough to destroy asphalt, stone, concrete, etc.
- Electric hammers are powered from the mains. The principle of their functioning consists in bringing the striker by means of the rotary element of the electric motor. Performance parameters are up to 1700 W of power, 45 J of impact energy and 2000 beats per minute of frequency. Thus, these jackhammers have high impact power, but are not suitable for cutting and drilling materials.
- Gasoline devices are driven by an internal combustion engine, which has no valves and no shaft. With low power, the main advantage of these options is autonomy, that is, the ability to use anywhere. This is due to the absence of the need to connect to an energy source. The duration of operation is determined only by the amount of fuel. In addition, jackhammers of this type are considered safer in comparison with analogues. However, they are distinguished by a high noise level. These models are used in the mining industry, in the destruction of concrete, asphalt, frozen soil.
- Hydraulic hammers use a variety of power sources. They are usually used in rescue operations.
Pneumatic hammers are also divided into two types according to the principle of operation.
- Volumetric devices are driven by rapidly expanding air in the chamber.
- The operation of the turbine variants is provided by the energy generated by the rotation of the turbine.
The simplest classification of jackhammers on the basis of a set of basic parameters differentiates them into professional and household.
Concrete breakers are distinguished by their large dimensions, weight and productivity. These devices are designed for vertical and inclined work with concrete slabs, rocks, asphalt pavement, frozen soils. Rotary hammers are usually more compact than jackhammers or close in size, are more accurate and able to perform the functions of a drill and screwdriver with speed and reverse control. This versatility makes them much better suited for domestic work. Thus, the instruction manual for the PE-2520M indicates the possibility of its use as both a jackhammer and a drill.
The main areas of use of jackhammers include construction and mining.
In the first case, they serve to dismantle structures during redevelopment and demolition, cutting metal, removing concrete and asphalt road surfaces, ramming soils in hard-to-reach places, arranging wells, loosening frozen soils, making holes and niches, removing ice.
In the mining industry, jackhammers are used when more powerful equipment is not available. So, the conditions of use in mines, consisting primarily in limited space, determine the need for compact tools. In addition, workings are processed along the entire radius. Consequently, a lightweight hammer is required that can be used upside down.
The scope of application is largely determined by the type of device: in what conditions and under what atmosphere to work, etc.
Some of the features of the operation of jackhammers were noted above. Regardless of the type of device, general rules are highlighted. Firstly, before starting work, the tip of the nozzle should be lubricated with any type of plastic grease such as lithol and grease. Secondly, it is recommended to add grease to the tool barrel when working from two times per shift in order to extend its service life. In this case, various oils are used for a jackhammer in accordance with the instructions. Some recommend I20A, others. 15W-40 gear oil, etc. Thirdly, you should not allow dirt and water to get into the device, rinse the cartridge from lubrication with gasoline at the end of the work, after removing the nozzle. Fourthly, it is necessary to follow the provisions of the instructions, using the hammer as intended and without overloading. Fifth, once a month it is recommended to carry out maintenance, which includes complete disassembly and flushing of all parts with gasoline or kerosene.
In addition, there are specific features of the operation of each type of jackhammers.
So, a pneumatic hammer after a long break before starting work is recommended to disassemble and rinse in detail with gasoline. Then, within two weeks, the barrel should be lubricated with pneumatic oil 3-4 times per shift.
For electric models, timely replacement of brushes is required. In addition, technological breaks of 10-15 minutes should be taken at intervals of 25 minutes to avoid overload.
On gasoline jackhammers, you must first prepare a fuel mixture, including gasoline and oil of a certain concentration. The instructions indicate which oil to pour into the jackhammer, in what quantity, etc. over, it is required to completely develop the fuel mixture or drain the residues. This avoids contamination of the battery with oil film.
Each type of device under consideration is characterized by specific malfunctions.
The main reason for breakdowns of electric jackhammers is electrical circuit disturbances, which consist in breaking the button and erasing the brushes transmitting electricity to the motor. Replacing the brushes is easy. Repairing the button is more difficult due to the fact that in many cases it is necessary to disassemble the entire case, however, on modern models, taking into account this feature, it is equipped with a separate cover to simplify replacement.
For models with internal combustion engines, a clogged carburetor is typical. Finally, on any jackhammers, there is a jamming of the nozzle in the chuck. In this case, dismantle the cartridge and squeeze out the nozzle, after which the cartridge is washed from lubrication with kerosene.