What Oil Can Lubricate A Chainsaw Chain
system operation and troubleshooting
One of the important chainsaw systems, work without which is impossible, is the system of forced lubrication of the chainsaw chains. It’s no secret that at the time of the saw’s operation, the chain abrases on the chainsaw tire, which causes it to heat up and premature wear. To mitigate friction, the chain mechanism must be constantly lubricated.
Chainsaw Chain Lubrication System
To supply oil to lubricate the chainsaw chains, a special pump is used in the tool, which is dosed, depending on the number of engine revolutions, supplies lubricant to the saw bar.
The system uses oil to lubricate the chainsaw chain, which has improved adhesion properties, this is necessary for uniform distribution of oil around the entire perimeter of the tire and hold on it even at high speeds of chain rotation. Let us consider in more detail the oil supply system implemented in modern chainsaws.
Lubrication system device
Depending on the brand of the chainsaw, the details of the lubrication system may vary slightly constructively, but their total number and connection diagram remains unchanged.
The main components of a lubrication system are:
- An oil tank is usually located in the crankcase.
- The filter element is installed in the tank.
- The oil pipe is a small diameter hose made of oil resistant rubber.
- The heart of the system is the oil pump.
- Worm gear gear transmitting force from the engine to the pump.
- Chainsaw tire, it can also be considered an element of the lubrication system, as it has special holes for oil supply, by the way, the chain itself is involved in the transportation of oil and accordingly also has some elements designed specifically to provide lubrication.
Principle of operation
The main unit of the system is the pump. The principle of his work is as follows. With an increase in engine speed, a gear mounted on the main shaft drives the pump shaft through a worm gear. In turn, the rotation of the shaft creates a certain pressure in the oil line, which causes the oil to move along it towards the tire.
The end of the oil channel is located at the place where the tire contacts the tool case, where there is a longitudinal groove onto which the oil channel enters when the tire is installed.
Grooving is necessary to ensure that oil is supplied to the tire, regardless of the degree of chain tension of the chainsaw. Simply put, no matter what position the tire is at the time of operation, oil will flow through the groove through it.
Further, a chain is included in the lubrication process, on the links of which, depending on the model of the chain, there is either a groove or a hole through which the oil is dispersed throughout the tire. With an increase in engine speed, the oil feed rate also increases.
Some chainsaw models are equipped with pumps that additionally have a capacity control, and if necessary, the amount of oil supplied by the lubrication system can be increased or decreased.
This function is quite convenient, because it allows you to save and not to waste extra oil.
Lubrication system malfunctions and how they are eliminated
The main malfunctions of the oil supply system on a chainsaw can be divided into two main types, these are general malfunctions inherent in all chainsaws and individual ones, which can vary depending on the type of pump and worm gear installed on a particular model. Let’s start sorting out the faults in order.
Working with a chainsaw if the chain is not lubricated is prohibited. This adversely affects the tire, the drive sprocket and the chain, and can also result in serious repair costs.
Signs of a malfunction of the lubrication system, checking its performance
- The chain of the chainsaw is dry and has a pale shade without shine.
- The chain stretches relatively quickly.
- The tire is very hot and may even partially melt the paint.
- Oil from the tank is practically not reduced.
- Sharp chain cut efficiency
All these signs indicate that the lubrication process is abnormal. In order to check the oil supply by the lubrication system, it is necessary to remove the side tire of the chainsaw and start it. Next, you need to slightly increase the speed while observing the end of the oil line. If oil comes in, most likely its quantity is not enough for normal lubrication and you need to clean or replace the filter and, if possible, adjust the flow. In the case when it does not arrive, the problem is more serious and requires further diagnosis.
There is a way to check the oil supply without removing the tire. To do this, it is necessary to direct the end of the tire to the side, for example, of freshly sawn chocks from the cut side and maximize the speed, while you should try to keep the end of the tire at a distance of no more than 10 cm from the chocks. If oily stains begin to appear on its surface. then the oil is supplied.
Once it has been determined that no oil is being supplied, further diagnostics are only possible if the oil system is completely removed. Of course, filter replacement helps in some situations, but this is very rare.
Access to the oil pump of some models of saws is possible only after complete disassembly, respectively, having no skills in repairing gas tools, it is better to entrust the repair to professionals.
Most common malfunctions
- Breakage of an oil hose. It can sometimes be found during visual inspection. The problem is solved by replacing the defective part.
- Lack of thread on the shaft of the oil pump will help replace it.
- A defective thread on the pump drive gear is likewise solved by installing a new part.
- No corkscrew of the main shaft (relevant for some models of tools, for example, Homelite). You can fix it by installing a corkscrew that is suitable for the diameter of cloves instead of the native corkscrew, cutting it to the required length.
- Blockage in the highway. It can be removed by blowing with compressed air or mechanically, using a wire of suitable diameter.
- Clogged filter element.
- The Stihl MS 180, whose pump is not separable, often clogs. You can try to rinse in clean gasoline if it does not help replace it.
- In Chinese chainsaws (Gypsy), very often cuts the grooves on the main gear, through which the force from the sprocket is transmitted to it.
Stihl MS 180 individual lubrication system malfunction
Due to the fact that the Stihl MS 180 is one of the most common chainsaw models, I would like to dwell on one malfunction inherent only to it and describe a method for eliminating it without replacing parts.
Quite often on a Stihl MS 180 chainsaw, there is a depressurization of the oil line in the place where the oil pipe coming from the tank is installed in the saw body. The malfunction can be determined by the characteristic smudges on the bottom of the tool.
To eliminate the malfunction, it is necessary to remove the chainsaw handle, remove the hose from the bore hole, clean and degrease it. After all these manipulations, apply sealant to the hose seat and install in the chainsaw body.
You can learn more about troubleshooting and a complete diagnosis of the Stihl chainsaw lubrication system by watching the video, which shows step by step the process of disassembling and repairing the lubrication system.
In modern chainsaws, a reliable supply of lubricant for the chain is organized, in case of malfunctions of which, it is not worth operating the chainsaw in order to avoid further breakdowns. It is better to troubleshoot the lubrication system by contacting a service center or a specialist with repair experience, this ensures the quality of the final result.
when to fill and how to choose the right brand of lubricant
All modern chainsaws have a separate oil circuit for lubricating the cutting elements of the chain.
The quality of the saw depends on their condition and working conditions. Therefore, companies manufacturing accessories for chainsaws create special brands of oils that provide reliable lubrication of the surface.
Do not forget to share with your friends!
Which oil to use
It is widely believed that high-quality branded oil for the chainsaw chain should be used only in the gasoline-oil mixture of the engine. Nevertheless, the choice of oil for lubrication is a simple matter. Anyone is suitable, if only he gets where he needs to.
But applying grease to the chain is half the battle. It is necessary that it rests on the metal and remains on the lower edge, with which the wood is sawed. For this purpose, substances with increased adhesion, that is, the ability to adhere to and adhere to the surface, are used. Weak adhesion oil will fly off a fast-spinning chain, splattering all around to no avail. Of course, some part will remain, but it is not known whether this will be enough so that during intensive work the circuit does not overheat.
Important! During all-weather work with a chainsaw, it is necessary to take into account the dependence of the oil supply conditions on the season and air temperature.
Minerals that provide chain and tire lubrication at positive temperature crystallize and thicken in the cold. This leads to the fact that the lubricant will be supplied with difficulty and the load on the oil pump will increase. His service life is shortened and he may prematurely fail. In winter, you need to choose synthetic materials with special additives that provide reliable lubrication in frosts up to 40 ℃. With small frosts and temperatures around zero, semi-synthetics are used.
Evaluation of the use of different oils for the lubrication of chains of chainsaws boils down to the fact that the wrong choice can increase the load on the engine up to 10%. The life of the chain itself and the saw bar is further reduced.
Due to the fact that environmental significance has recently been attached, branded oil products are increasingly being made on the basis of decaying substances. But with prolonged use, chain lubricant consumption can be measured in liters. And for people who are not indifferent to nature, this will be another reason to choose an environmentally friendly product. If it is not all the same, what splashes your plot and what traces remain on the wood after sawing.
When and how to fill
Where to pour oil for the chain is understandable. There is a separate tank for this. In most chainsaws, the size of this capacity is calculated taking into account the volume of the saw’s gas tank. When filling both tanks to the eyeballs, they empty at about the same time. Therefore, it is recommended to fill the full volume of the oil tank at the same time as filling the fuel tank. Then you do not have to be distracted by topping up twice.
Before starting work, it is useful to check whether oil will flow to the circuit. To do this, just point the end of the tire on a flat surface. Some part of the grease will fly off the edge of the tire. Drops on the surface indicate normal operation of the system.
At high negative temperatures, summer oil thickens and its lubricity deteriorates. Therefore, it is worth using stamps designed for winter conditions. If this is not possible, then it is worth spending time diluting the existing oil to reduce its density. It is best to dilute with kerosene in a ratio of 1 to 4.
Some models provide for adjusting the feed rate in the lubrication system. It is useful for adjustments in the event of a change in lubricant type.
Note! It is impossible to fill in a tank a mixture of oils of different types. mineral and synthetic.
If the oil from one manufacturer runs out, and there is the same type, but from a different company, then mixing them is allowed provided that they are used immediately. Leaving this mixture for a long time is not worth it.
At the end of the tire for the chainsaw is a driven sprocket that provides chain rotation. It also needs to be lubricated periodically. For this, thick materials are used. You can use universal STIHL grease. Suitable and domestic lubricants based on lithol. There is a special hole on the tire for lubricating the sprockets. A grease nipple or syringe must be pumped into it.
It should be noted that with frequent operation of the toe of the tire, for example, when selecting grooves, the load on the sprocket increases and it needs to be lubricated more often.
Leading manufacturers of chainsaws produce consumables and lubricants for them, including especially for chains and tires. Other things being equal, preference should be given to the products of the manufacturer of the chainsaw itself. But the quality of the best brands is such that the use of lubricants from another manufacturer will not have a negative impact on the work.
The most famous brands are the German company STIHL, Swedish Husqvarna and Japanese Makita. They provide a fairly wide selection of adhesive oils, among which there are:
- Mineral Stihl ForestPlus is designed to operate at temperatures up to 15 ℃. Standard packaging. 1 and 5 liters. For long-term work, it has recently been produced in a 20-liter container;
- highly ecological Stihl BioPlus is produced on a plant basis. Once in the soil, it quickly decomposes without polluting it. Operating temperature is also up to 15 ℃. Packing. 1 and 3 l;
- for low temperatures, the semi-synthetic Stihl SynthPlus is suitable, operating up to 25 °.
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable Bio and Bio Advanced. It is presented as a universal multigrade oil. Option Bio Advanced. improved oxidation resistance and up to 10% better lubricating properties;
- Makita. Biotop Oil;
- adhesive oil Champion.
Of the Russian brands, specifically for chains there is "ZUBR ZMPM-M". There are other, less well-known manufacturers, whose lubricating oil is noticeably lower in price.
How to replace expensive oil
Special branded chain lubricants have the disadvantage of their high price. Buy a liter of other expensive oil is not burdensome. And if there are works that require several liters, or even tens of liters, there are probably thoughts about saving. The main thing when considering options is not to go to extremes. You can save on oil to such an extent that you have to change the chain several times, or even the tire itself or the oil pump.
There are three replacement options. First, specialized products from little-known manufacturers can be used to lubricate the chain. But such oils still need to be searched. In addition, there is a risk of stumbling on a poor-quality product.
The use of oils for automotive engines. They can be used as a temporary replacement, but they cannot boast of high adhesion, so the quality of their work will be clearly worse than special ones. For this reason, spindle and diesel oils are not recommended. the worst in adhesion.
And one must say about one more option. mining. This is the name of the oil that has spent its time in the engine, and drained from it when changing.
In fact, this is not an option at all. In mining, metal particles are necessarily present. And if they themselves may not damage the chain itself, then for sure the oil pump and the entire lubrication system. for sure. On forums on the Internet you can find a “killer” argument in favor of working out. that the Soviet Friendship chainsaw had no chain lubrication and worked. So you can pour anything. and so it goes. Well, so "Stihl" will also work with mining or even with a non-lubricated chain. The question is how long it will work and how many chains it will take to change during this period.
Caution to those with a chainsaw under warranty. Masters of warranty workshops are able to identify cases of poor-quality chain lubrication. Especially when using mining. Failure to repair the warranty will follow immediately.
Oil doesn’t flow on the chain, what are the reasons
Not always during operation, you can immediately see that oil is not supplied to the chainsaw chain. Signs of lack of lubrication:
- the level in the tank does not go down;
- cutting is difficult, accompanied by the smell of a burnt tree;
- oil droplets do not fly off the tip of the chainsaw tire.
Having found a malfunction of the oil system, it is necessary to establish its cause. There are few of them. a blockage, a broken hose or a malfunction of the oil pump.
Most often, the oil feed channel is clogged with dirt and sawdust. Air purging or thin wire cleaning is sufficient to eliminate the malfunction. The oil tank has its own internal filter. When using normal oil, its clogging is unlikely, while filling it is quite possible. Have to clean.
The oil hose may be damaged or the hose may break completely. Temporarily it is possible to stick over the damaged place, but it will be more reliable to replace with a new one.
And the most serious problem is the breakdown of the oil pump. The reasons can be different. the teeth of the worm gear are worn out, the plunger is jammed and others. Removing the pump and replacing a damaged part on its own will not be easy. It is more reliable and easier to contact a service center.
lubricants, how to tighten the chain, shorten, put, do it yourself, dress, which is better, tips
The guarantee of a long service life of a chainsaw can be not so much the power characteristics of the tool as the proper way to use and compliance with the rules for handling it. This primarily relates to the chain. Proper care of it will help maintain cutting qualities for more than one decade. It implies not only compliance with the technology of working with the tool, you also need to carefully select the oil for the chainsaw chain, which is recommended to be used regularly.
How to choose a chain
Choosing a chain will help study their typology. Important criteria for differences are:
- Tooth pitch. This parameter is measured in inches. The most common sizes are considered 0.325, 0.375 and 0.404. Each of them is selected depending on the tasks. The smaller the specified parameter, the less productivity will be, which means that you will not need to put a lot of effort. Therefore, it is necessary to purchase a chain whose power would correspond to a chainsaw.
- The thickness of the tail, the leading link, which means the ability to select products for different tires. A 1.1 mm thick tail is only present on small chains for household saws. The most popular is the size of 1.3 mm. Such a model may be present even on semi-professional devices.
- Drunk depth and profile height. The performance of the device depends on this parameter. It is always possible to increase the value if you cut off the stops near each tool. There are two choices: 0.025 ”(0.635 mm) and 0.03” (0.762 mm). The presence of a highly profile type chain makes the chainsaw aggressive and shaving. To maintain a balance between high productivity and low vibration, a product with a small pitch of the tails will help.
- Chain, tire and tooth length. The choice of this parameter directly depends on the power characteristics of the chainsaw. over, the best saws are not always characterized by an increased number of teeth and tire size.
- Types of cutting links. Types of chains according to this characteristic: chisel and chipper. The first option is the most optimal because of the direct working surface, which allows you to evenly cut into the wood. It is difficult to sharpen such links, and if even very small deviations from the upper corners are present, the chain performance will be reduced. Chipper ones have the worst cutting characteristics, but are more resistant to any kind of dirt and easier to sharpen.
- The sequence of links. A model with one cutting link and two tails is popular. But non-standard options are also possible: with a half-run. between each second pair of working teeth only one connecting link is inserted, with an allowance. the link is installed between all adjacent teeth. This allows you to reduce the cost. But at the same time, aggressiveness and productivity are reduced, and wear is increasing, including chainsaws.
- The method of cutting material. Products with longitudinal and transverse cut allow you to guide the tire along and across the fibers, depending on the need. They differ in the angle of sharpening of the cutting links.
How to install a chain
The long life of the device is possible not only subject to careful selection of components for it, the installation of the chain on a chainsaw should also be correct. In addition, sooner or later, chain replacement may be required. It is necessary to think about safety, in particular, to carry out work in special protective gloves. To "dress" the saw, you need to perform actions in the following sequence:
- Prepare the surface for work. You can correctly put the chain on a table or on another convenient and flat surface. Additionally, the surface can be covered with a rug.
- The wing nut on the housing must be unscrewed, and then remove the sprocket cover.
- The latter must be turned to the right until it stops. After that, gradually put the chain on top of the tire, while it is better to start work from its top. At each step, it is recommended that you follow the correct direction of the chain.
- Turn the chain so that the tire is on top of it. At this stage, the cutter located at the top of the tire should be facing forward, not sideways. This suggests that the direction of movement is correct, and the location is accurate.
- To put the tire on an asterisk.
- After that, put the chain sprocket cover on the engine block, turn the wing nut all the way, but do not completely tighten the sprocket cover.
- Unscrew the clamping screw, for which you need to turn it in the direction of the top of the tire, while the chain links should fall into the corresponding recesses.
- Tighten the wing nut until it locks into place.
- Check the part for sagging and overtightness, if necessary, pull it further or loosen.
Why does the chain fly and break
If a chain flies from a chainsaw or it breaks, it means that the device has some kind of malfunction, in normal conditions it should not do this. There are three reasons why a chain flies:
- Problems with the bus. They lead to a weakening of the tension, which can lead to the chain breaking. Most often, this problem occurs in the groove between the outer plate on the casing of the chain headset and the inner plate on the motor housing. The casing with the tire is fixed with a bolt, which during the operation of the chainsaw can be weakened, as a result of which the tire begins to move or vibrate. To solve this problem, it is necessary to find and lower the chain brake, for which the tension screw, which is located next to the tire, must be turned until it is fully tensioned.
- The chain has stretched. Sagging may indicate a malfunction of the chainsaw mechanism. During operation, the metal is deformed, which means it can become 0.5-1 cm longer. In this case, it is recommended to replace or shorten the chain.
- The drive sprocket is loose. To fix it, you need to remove the protective cover of the engine and spark plugs, and then pull out the air filter. The candle itself also needs to be unscrewed, after which a special stopper fixing the piston should be installed in its place. Turn the mounting disk clockwise until the piston stops in its highest position. A thick rope folded several times can act as a stopper. After fixing the piston, clamp the drive sprocket. Assemble the chainsaw by installing all parts in the reverse order.
Most problems can be solved by repair. Only in exceptional cases will you have to change it.
How to shorten the chain with your own hands
You can repair the chainsaw chain with your own hands, subject to the availability of a special tool (most often comes with a saw). Most often, you need to shorten it, especially if it is stretched. It is difficult to do, but possible. To repair it by shortening, you need to prepare the following tools:
Some work can be done with a welding machine, if there are doubts about one’s own strength.
To shorten the chain on a chainsaw, you need to rivet it. Since it is made of durable steel, the process can be complicated. It connects to the inside of the rivet. The reduction is performed in the following sequence:
- Lock the part in a vise.
- Grind off the protruding part with a file or file.
- Knock out rivets with a beard.
- To do a similar job in one more place. This will allow riveting it.
- Remove links.
- Connect to old rivets, while they need to be pressed on the sides. The rivet can be welded to the side parts of the link, after which all excesses should be filed with a file.
Which oil to use for chain lubrication
This part requires constant lubrication, for which you can fill in special oil for the chainsaw, and it must be of high quality. It is recommended to choose oil for the lubrication of chainsaw chains from the manufacturer of the saw itself. Its consumption is small, so you should not save on buying. But pouring liquid on the circuit itself is not necessary. There are entire lubrication systems to help it flow smoothly onto the tire.
There are other criteria for choosing a saw lubricant:
- resistance to freezing, because sometimes you have to use a saw in the winter, including lubricating it with oil, which means that it should not freeze at low temperatures;
- optimal viscosity of the oil for the chain;
- the oil that is used must not leave a residue on candles and other spare parts;
- lack of impurities.
Video: What Oil Can Lubricate A Chainsaw Chain
Change the chain oil if the part heats up and various breakdowns occur.
Chain Lubrication Scheme
The chain saw lubrication system consists of the following elements:
- oil tank, which is located in the crankcase;
- filter in the tank;
- oil pipe, that is, a hose of small diameter;
- oil pump.
Chainsaws are equipped with an automatic lubrication system. This means that the oil enters the chain only when the latter comes in contact with wood. The scheme of the system is as follows. The gear, which is located on the main shaft, drives the shaft of the oil pump. This creates pressure in the oil line, which makes the oil move towards the tire.
The oil channel ends at the place where the tire of the device contacts the crankcase of the chainsaw. The chain tension of the chainsaw for oil supply does not matter. She still lubricates herself.
No oil flows to the chain
The fact that the oil does not enter the circuit can be found by the following signs:
- dry parts and lack of gloss;
- its quick stretching;
- lack of oil reduction from a tank;
- decreased cutting efficiency.
To check whether or not there is an oil supply, you need to direct the end of the tire to the side and maximize the speed, while the end of the tire should be located at a distance of 10 cm from the tree.
If oil stains appear on the wood surface, then there is no problem with the oil supply. You may need to adjust the feed.
The reasons for the lack of oil supply can be:
- Lack of thread on oil pump shaft. In this case, it will be necessary to replace it.
- Breakage of an oil hose.
- The presence of defective threads on the drive gear of the pump.
- No corkscrew of the main shaft. You can solve the problem by installing a stud of the appropriate diameter and the required length.
- Clogging. The line can be cleaned by blowing with compressed air or using a thin wire. If the blockage is in the filter or in the pump itself, then these parts are best replaced.
It is not enough to know how to solve problems with a broken or broken chain, because there is always the opportunity to prevent this. Proper care of the saw will help extend the life of the device and its parts. Therefore, it is recommended to follow the advice of specialists:
- Regularly clean the air filter and lubricate it with oil. The filter needs to be changed periodically.
- Every time before starting work, you need to check the tightness of all nuts and bolts. Then, during operation, the device will not fail.
- You need to lubricate both the bearings and the sprocket.
- Regularly clean candles from fumes.
- Lubricate, sharpen and tighten the chain in time.
A quality chainsaw, subject to proper care and timely repair, can last longer than the warranty period.
Chainsaw chain lubricant oil: which to fill, consumption, brands
Chainsaws are most widespread in everyday life and industry. Their design features determine that in order to ensure a long service life, it is necessary to periodically lubricate the chain and many other elements. The absence of a lubricant can adversely affect the operation of the tool, reduce its effectiveness and duration of operation.
Chainsaw Chain Lubricant
Almost all chainsaws come with an instruction manual. In such a manual, it is indicated that in all cases it is necessary to add oil for the chain with a high adhesive effect.
Adhesion is an indicator of the degree of adhesion of a lubricant to the surface of a chain tire.
Adhesive oil is required for chain operation for the following reasons:
- At the time of operation of the device, the circuit moves at high speed. If you use oil with a low adhesion index, then during operation it will be scattered by inertia. You can verify this yourself, for which it is enough to add the usual lubricant to the surface and add gas.
- The oil must have high lubricating properties. At a high speed of the tire, it can become very hot, due to which the metal used in the manufacture becomes soft and less wear-resistant.
Lubricating oil in various containers
It is worth considering the fact that with prolonged use of a chainsaw, a large amount of oil will be required, since it is quickly wiped off the tire surface. A variety of companies are involved in the production of chain lubricants.
What parts of a chainsaw need oil?
A modern chainsaw is represented by a complex mechanism, which consists of a large number of different elements. The following elements need lubrication:
- Chain. an element on which blades for sawing wood are fixed. It consists of a large number of individual elements movably connected to each other. At the time of operation of the device, the surface may become very hot. At the same time, the metal may rust due to increased humidity, due to which the operational life is significantly reduced.
- The engine is part of the chainsaw, due to which the rotation is transmitted to the tire. Modern engines also need a lubricant that can significantly extend the service life. Different lubricating products are used to lubricate the chain and engine, which is worth considering.
Filling oil in a chainsaw
The operating instructions also indicate which elements of the chainsaw need lubrication.
When to use special oil for chain lubrication?
Manufacturers recommend using special oil to lubricate the chain in all cases of using a chainsaw. This recommendation is related to the following points:
- The oil pump may fail. This is due to the special properties of the lubricant.
- The use of mining or other oils for other purposes reduces the ability of the tool to high speeds.
- With heavy tire wear, a new chain must not be put on it. This is due to increased surface wear. It is recommended to purchase at least four chains with frequent work.
- Never work without oil in the tank. At the time of refueling the chainsaw, the tire must be lubricated.
When using special oil to lubricate the chain, attention should be paid to its quality, since there should not be any various impurities or debris in the composition. Otherwise, the oil pump can quickly fail.
Chainsaw Chain Lubrication
Almost all manufacturers of chainsaws and components are engaged in the production of lubricants. Chainsaw chain lubricant oil protects the metal from quick wear and corrosion. In addition, the chain oil stays on the surface for a long time even during prolonged use of the device.
A little bit about lubricating the chainsaw chains
Refining is called oil, which has already served its term in the engine or gearbox. It is often used to save money, including when servicing a chainsaw.
It should be borne in mind that mining can lead to rapid wear of the structure.
This can be attributed to the following points:
- Often the breakdown is associated with a large number of metal chips in the composition. It gets there at the time of operation of the engine and gearbox, then accumulates in the pallet.
- When hit on the tire, metal chips become like an abrasive. Due to this, the process of surface wear is significantly accelerated. Sprocket with bearing wears out.
- Testing has a negative effect on the junction of the moving elements of the chain. Due to heavy wear, the likelihood of breakage at the time of operation increases.
The above information indicates that in all cases you need to use a special product that is designed for this. Testing, which was previously used in the engine or gearbox, is not suitable for a chainsaw.
How should the chain lubrication system work?
To ensure reliable operation of the chainsaw, a special oil chain lubrication system is installed. An example is the following information:
- Fuel tanks are selected by volume, taking into account the fact that when the fuel is fully depleted, a little oil should remain. In addition, it is important to properly adjust the carburetor so that fuel is not quickly generated.
- With a slow decrease in oil at the time of use of the saw, the lubrication efficiency decreases several times, the conductivity of the channels also decreases. Over time, a malfunction may appear, which will be difficult to fix.
- It is recommended that you check the condition of the oil pump from time to time. If necessary, you can adjust the performance using a special screw.
- You can check the correct operation of the pump yourself. To do this, the tire is brought to the illuminated surface. If oil splashes appear on it, then the design works correctly. The lubricant consumption is adjusted according to the specific situation.
Chain lubrication system
A sign that an insufficient amount of lubricant gets into the cutting zone can be called strong heating and the appearance of smoke, an unpleasant smell at the time of cutting wood. With strong heating, the metal expands, due to which the chain is pinched in the groove.
The effectiveness of the degree of lubrication is reduced when the tire enters the ground. That is why when the saw is not used properly, it wears out quickly. The oil for the chain in contact with the soil collects various substances on itself, due to which the heating of the metal is accelerated.
Universal chainsaw lubrication oil has relatively unattractive performance. It should be borne in mind that even manufacturers of lubricants do not indicate their 100% universality.
Wrong choice leads to the fact that the wear of the structure increases by about 10% and reduces the working life of the saw set.
The above information indicates that there are no universal oil designs. That is why, when choosing, you need to pay attention to operational properties, in particular, temperature conditions.
In the production of branded and standard oils, standards related to viscosity or density, as well as the concentration of impurities, are taken into account. Among the features, we note the following points:
- Organic and mineral compositions practically do not differ in their operational qualities. This is due to the fact that the lubricant flies off the tire surface quite quickly. Significantly overpay for the purchase of expensive lubricants is not worth it, since the difference is not significant.
- The protective properties of mineral compounds are significantly higher than natural ones. That is why with one-time work it is recommended to use similar oils.
- If there is only a few days between jobs, it is recommended to use organic compounds. They are much cheaper than mineral ones, while they are characterized by high efficiency in use.
If the grease is used for the first time, you should hold the saw at medium speed for several minutes and check whether it is suitable for a particular model. Similar oils are also characterized by the temperature at which they can maintain their performance characteristics.
Engine oil selection
Chain oil is not always used as a universal option. Often, an option is also filled for the engine, from which the tire receives rotation. When choosing it, the following points are taken into account:
- It is necessary to give preference only to the options recommended by the manufacturer of the saw.
- Mineral lubricants are more popular, as they are more effective in use.
- Products of well-known manufacturers are characterized by higher operational characteristics.
- It is necessary to take into account the recommended temperature regime. Some versions cannot be operated at too low a temperature, as this leads to an increase in viscosity. Too high a viscosity causes damage to the structure when operating at high speeds.
Different brands of chainsaw oils
If you do not add lubricant to the engine in a timely manner, then it can wear out quickly or even fail.
Often there are problems associated with the fact that it is impossible to find a suitable branded oil. Many experts recommend choosing an analog from well-known manufacturers that will ensure long-term operation of the device. Among the features of the choice of chain lubrication, we note the following points:
The lubrication system must be monitored in a timely manner. With the wrong choice of oil, the service life of the saw is reduced several times.
Adjustment of oil density to external temperature factors
The operational characteristics of the lubricant are reduced during its operation at the time the ambient temperature drops to 20 degrees Celsius or lower. Also at low temperatures, the pump, which is responsible for the oil supply, does not work properly. The solution to this problem often becomes mixing the thickened composition with kerosene. Such an additive provides the required density of the substance, but it is still recommended to reduce the load.
If the ambient temperature is too low, you need to monitor the effectiveness of the lubrication of the main elements. This recommendation can also be related to the fact that the liquid in the wood begins to freeze, increasing hardness and reducing the degree of workability. Too high a load causes rapid wear.
The increase in viscosity leads to the complexity of the engine. That is why many manufacturers indicate in what conditions a chainsaw can be used.
The danger of using oil counterfeit
Cheap lubricants are inferior in properties to proprietary developments. At the same time, manufacturers of expensive versions indicate that the saw should be used with the least load. In addition, you should consider:
- Counterfeiters accelerate material wear. At the same time, the design with strong wear cannot be returned for repair under warranty, since during operation they filled in the recommended oil.
- Rapid wear can cause the engine or tire to fail quickly. A fuel-powered engine is represented by a combination of various movable elements. In order to reduce their wear, a certain amount of a special lubricant is added to the structure, which also provides the required cooling. During operation, the properties of the oil change significantly due to heating and slow wear of the metal. That is why from time to time it is necessary to carry out its full replacement.
It is recommended that new and used chains be stored in oil baths. This recommendation is due to the fact that with prolonged exposure to moisture, severe corrosion can appear on the surface. Storage and engine oils can also be used for storage, since in this case it is important to protect the metal from corrosion.
Used oil storage
In conclusion, we note that only if the main recommendations are followed, it is possible to ensure long-term operation of the structure. The cost of a tire or chain, as well as the engine is very high, with improper lubrication in just a few hours of operation, they can become completely unusable. Therefore, you can save a lot by buying the right lubricant for the chain and engine.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrlenter.
Chainsaw oil. which oil is best used to lubricate the chainsaw chains
You have recently owned a chainsaw, and you still do not know which oil to lubricate the chainsaw chain is better to use. The lack of this knowledge can adversely affect the tool, because the type and quality of the lubricant depends on how long the tire and chain of the tool will remain operational.
After reading this article, you will fill the knowledge gap, as we will consider the use of oils from various manufacturers and brands to reduce friction between the parts of the saw set. And also we will figure out what additional lubricants are used to service the chainsaw in order to maximize its service life.
What oil to use to lubricate chainsaw chains
The answer to this question is quite simple, for this it is necessary to open the instruction for any saw and it will indicate that it is necessary to fill in oil with a good adhesive effect.
Adhesion is an indication of the adhesion of a material, in this case oil, to the metal surface of a tire and chain.
Why is this necessary? The fact is that the chain moves along the tire at high speed, and if oil is used as a lubricant that has low adhesion, then most of it, by inertia, flies from the end of the tire and lubrication of its lower part does not occur. This phenomenon can be observed if you conduct a small experiment. Start a chainsaw, point the end of the tire towards a bright surface and add gas as much as possible. As a result, oil spots will appear on it, which are proof of the theory.
Chainsaw sprocket grease
To increase the service life and reduce friction on the drive sprocket, the manufacturer equips this mechanism with a needle bearing, which must be lubricated periodically. Stihl multi-purpose grease can be used for lubrication.
If you do not want to overpay, it is better to use an inexpensive, but no less high-quality option, Litol or Litol 24. grease. Due to its viscosity, Litol will easily replace the original one.
Lubricate the sprocket of the chainsaw tire, you can use the same lubricants as the lead, using a special syringe for this. This allows the lubrication to be pressed through the technological holes in the tire to the sprocket bearing.
Adhesive Oil Manufacturers
Almost all manufacturers of chainsaws are engaged in the production and supplies for them, explaining this by the fact that these products are most suitable for use with their saws. As far as this information is true, there is no information, but based on the experience of operating and repairing chainsaws, it can be noted that there are no significant differences in the service life of parts or at least visible wear.
But the fact is the fact, manufacturers recommend and it is impossible to hide it. So, back to the manufacturers, and start with the popular Stihl brand.
Adhesive oils Stihl
The following adhesive oils are presented on the company’s website for various operating temperatures and having a good lubricating index:
- ForestPlus adhesive oil. recommended for use at temperatures up to.15 ° C, shelf life under storage conditions of 3 years. It is delivered in liter or five liter containers;
- BioPlus. its feature is a plant base, which allows it to quickly decompose when it enters the soil. It is applied up to minus 15, it is delivered in three, five and one-liter containers;
- The latest SynthPlus oil has the ability to maintain performance at minus 25 ° C.
The company offers its customers Husqvarna Bio Advanced oil for use in normal and extreme conditions. The oil is made from plant components and is safe for the environment, supplied in liter and five liter containers.
As a cost-effective solution, the company has Vegoil oil, according to the manufacturer, its consumption compared to others is reduced by 40%. It is delivered in liter containers.
The company also produces bearing grease, which it recommends to lubricate the bearings of the drive sprocket and sprocket on the saw bar.
Less common, but popular with chainsaw owners, are:
- Polar Lube Mineral. Digging Oleo-Mac;
- Adhesive CHAMPION, sold in containers of up to 10 liters, which is convenient for use in forestry;
- Makita Biotop;
You can get acquainted with some chain oils by watching the video below, in which the seller of a large network of tools comments on the use of adhesive oils from various manufacturers.
How to replace the original expensive oil and is it worth it
In situations where it is not possible to use the original, you can replace them with oil for car engines. Cheap automobile oils such as autol or diesel lubrication options, due to reduced adhesive properties, are unsuitable for long-term use.
Some owners, despite the recommendations, still use analogues, preferring to change the tire and chain more often, but here everyone decides for himself. Such an oil cannot have any negative effects on the lubrication system, which means that the difference is only in the quality of tire protection against chain friction.
A little bit about lubricating the chainsaw chains
Refining is called oil that has expired in the engine or gearbox of a car. Many owners of chainsaws, trying to save money, use it to lubricate the chain, which translates into serious repair costs.
The cause of these breakdowns is the presence in the mining of impurities of metal chips that settle in the crankcase, and at the time of drainage of mining from the pallet merges with it.
Getting on the tire, metal shavings act on its surface as an abrasive. Simply put, instead of protecting the surface, mining enhances wear on the tire, drive sprocket, and follower sprocket bearing on the tire. Workout also affects the chain of the chainsaw, in those places where it bends and increases the risk of breaking the chain mechanism.
Conclusion: to lubricate the chainsaw chains you need to use original lubricants from manufacturers. Running out of the car engine is not allowed. In the absence of high-quality oils, a short-term replacement by clean automobile oils is allowed
Chainsaw chains. types, lubrication system, tension, video
The efficiency of the chainsaw and the quality of sawing wood largely depends on the chain mounted on the garden tool. In order for customers to be able to quickly select one or another chain, manufacturers divide their headset into certain types. They differ from each other in size, characteristics and capabilities. This must be remembered when choosing chains for the performance of certain chores.
What chains are there for chainsaws?
Depending on the purpose, that is, on the planned direction of sawing wood, chains for household saws are divided directly into such types;
- longitudinal. A feature of this type of headset is that when it is installed and used on a garden tool, the productivity of the latter increases almost 2 times;
- transverse. By installing a transverse headset with victorious soldering, the chainsaw operator is able to significantly reduce the “aggressiveness” of the garden tool and reduce the load on the built-in factory motor, thereby making the ICE vibration less noticeable.
Another important parameter for stable operation by which the chains are constantly divided is their step. Chainsaw chain pitch is the length of the gap between the three links.
A headset with the following step characteristics is found on the market:
- 0.25 or 1/4 ”- these parts are equipped with one-handed household saws that do not stand out with high power. Most often, garden tools of this type are used for accurate cutting of wood and short work in conditions of very limited space;
- 0.325 or 3/8 ”- the majority of household chainsaws are equipped with this type of headset;
- 0.404 or 3/4 "- carbide saw elements of this type are large. They are installed exclusively on powerful professional garden tools that can be operated for work on aerated concrete.
All available parts for sawing are made taking into account the fact that the larger their size, the higher their productivity. Nevertheless, with an increase in the dimensions of the saw elements, the predetermined sawing width of the wood increases. To make the resistance of the material being sawn less noticeable, you need to install a large headset only on saws with an impressive power reserve.
Quite often, manufacturers divide the sawing elements by the thickness of their shanks, which must necessarily coincide with the specified grooves of the regular tires of garden tools. Compliance with this rule will improve the reliability of mounting parts on the bus, as well as prevent the headset from slipping.
Another important parameter is the number of headset links. The larger the number, the faster the gasoline saw will cut solid wood or perform concrete work.
How does the chainsaw chain lubrication system work?
The system for automatically adding oil to the saw set works according to a rather simple principle. Lubrication of the chainsaw chain is continuously performed under the influence of the built-in oil pump, the speed of which depends on the rotation speed of the crankshaft of the engine. As soon as the operator pulls the trigger of the gas, thereby increasing the speed of the internal combustion engine of the saw, the gear located on the main motor shaft increases the speed of rotation of the pump shaft.
For stable interaction between the gear and the shaft of the standard pump, a worm gear is provided in the complete set of the chainsaw. During an increase in the speed of rotation of the pump shaft, the pump creates the pressure necessary to pump the oil towards the tire. The end of the oil line is located in the part where the longitudinal standard groove is located. In the same place, the tire is connected to the factory case of a gasoline saw. During the installation of the tire on a garden tool used in everyday life, the part is connected to the oil channel, through which the lubricant freely flows to the saw set.
How is a chainsaw lubricated?
During the operation of the garden tool, the lubrication of the chainsaw is distributed not only to the tire, but also to the chain used for cutting. As soon as the grease gets on the standard tire, the used saw element begins to move, originally equipped with holes or small inconspicuous grooves. During normal operation of the garden tool with increasing engine speed, the lubrication system increases the speed of the oil along the tire.
The branded equipment of some saws includes separate adjusting mechanisms, the main task of which is to give operators the opportunity to adjust the amount of oil required to lubricate the headset. This function allows you to save lubrication, reduce the slipping of the saw element and prevent premature wear of the working bodies of the saw.
Quite often beginner fellers do not know how to lubricate the needle bearing of a chainsaw. Husqvarna and Stihl brand oils are best suited for this purpose. Adding oil to lubricate this element is quite simple. To do this, you will initially need an ordinary syringe, which will help to quickly fill the product without spilling it, and preventing dust from entering it.
How to shorten the chain of a chainsaw with your own hands?
Long-term use of the headset leads to its gradual sagging. Faced with this for the first time, many inexperienced loggers do not know what to do if the chain on the chainsaw is stretched. To solve the problem, the first thing that is required is to evaluate the level of sag. After this, you can begin to prepare tools that will help shorten the chain on the chainsaw.
The following procedure should look like this:
- First, you need to carefully disconnect the links in the sagging part of the headset. It will be quite difficult and dangerous to do this with an angle grinder, especially if a solid diamond chain is being repaired. It is best to disconnect the links using a file or an ordinary file. Performing the procedure, it is necessary to grind each side of the links. Then you need to turn out the ground rivets with the help of a prepared beard;
- Immediately after the operator was able to gently unfasten the chain, it is necessary to postpone the disconnected parts of the headset. You do not need to throw them away, since then they may be needed to replace worn links;
- After this, the operator must uniformly rivet the chain. To do this, you need to pre-calculate the teeth that are in the device of the saw element, and carefully connect the remaining links with each other using a rivet. To do this, tightly press the side parts of the links to the rivet used;
- Next, you can proceed to welding the links. The elements welded to each other will need to be carefully cleaned with a file, otherwise the bulges and other marks of welding will severely scratch the surface of the tire;
- Before riveting the chainsaw chain, let the headset cool. After that, the household drill must be equipped with a pre-prepared 7-centimeter steel billet, carved from an ordinary nail;
Quite often, instead of a blank and 2 files for work on shortening the headset at home, a special rivet for chains is used. It allows you to quickly and accurately connect the links without the need for further file processing.
How to tension a chain on a chainsaw?
Well-known brands produce garden tools, taking into account that even an inexperienced beginner could install a chain on a chainsaw. To do this, the device of almost every model has a side tensioner, which allows you to both put the chain on the chainsaw and pull up the already installed headset. Thanks to this mechanism, the chain tension on the chainsaw can be done by yourself. In most cases, saw manufacturers provide free access to the tensioner, which greatly simplifies the replacement of the drive roller and other parts of the mechanism.
The chain must be installed on the chainsaw only when the motor and the tire of the garden tool have completely cooled down. If you ignore this requirement, the cold saw element on the hot tire may be deformed. over, this quite often happens even in those cases when a winning chain for a chainsaw is installed.
To properly wear a chain on a chainsaw, you must follow the following procedure:
- First, you need to check whether the lock lock for the garden tool is turned on. Also, the owner of the saw will need to turn on the inertia brake in advance;
- Next, you need to dismantle the protective plastic cover located on the right side of the saw, and remove the screws;
- Then you need to determine which side to put the chain on the chainsaw. Manufacturers advise installing the headset so that the cutter located in the upper part of the installed tire is precisely directed directly in the direction of rotation of the chain;
- After that, you need to wear protective gloves made of thick material and begin to slowly rotate the headset on the tire;
- If the operator finds that the used saw element is sagging, it will need to be tightened. To do this, turn the tensioner until the part for sawing is tensioned;
- Then you need to loosen the screws that are provided for fastening the factory tire as standard;
- Next, you need to insert the bus and tighten the screws.
At the end, it remains to check the tension of the saw element again. When installed correctly, the chain should not sag and, at the same time, should not be stretched too much. It is best that when you press on it with the index finger of the hand, the part sags about 0.5 cm.
How to choose a chain for a chainsaw?
It is very important for both a beginner and an experienced user to determine in advance which chain is best for a chainsaw. To do this is quite simple if you consider several important criteria required for the operation of the saw element.
- compliance with a specific model of garden tools. when buying a part, you need to consider the power, torque and capabilities of the chainsaw. Often, in the operating instructions for some models, the manufacturer indicates the parameters of the headset, which is best suited for mounting on a chainsaw used in the household;
- material. when choosing a headset, you need to remember that the steel chain is initially much more durable and reliable than aluminum. However, it will be more difficult to repair a saw element made of steel due to possible difficulties in riveting the element;
- step. you can determine the chain step of the chainsaw only taking into account the operating conditions of the garden tool. If the saw will be used to perform simple domestic tasks, then its step should be 1/4 ". If the tool is to be used for intensive felling, then the pitch of the saw element should be at least 3/8 ";
- headset sharpening angle. marking indicated on the container of the saw element will help to determine this parameter;
- the number of links that make up the sawing element. the buyer must remember that the more cutting links, the faster the chain will cut the wood. In this case, parts consisting of a large number of links stretch faster. Accordingly, they will have to be repaired much more often;
- headset length. it must match the length of the tire. Otherwise, before installation, the saw element will need to be shortened;
- self-sharpening the chain. the self-sharpening headset is much easier to operate. Using it, the owner of the saw will not need to spend his time on restoring the previous state of the cutting teeth.
If the owner of the gardening tool does not manage to choose the chain for the chainsaw according to the size of the headset, then he can use the table of saw chains. It contains almost all the most popular models of gasoline saws with suitable saw elements for them.
Adjusting the oil supply to the chainsaw chain
Chainsaw Chain Lubrication
I want to apply it to the TAD 17 chain on a Stihl 250 chainsaw. In winter it is very thick, will the oil pump be worse from this, will it fail from overload? And if it’s possible, what’s the principle, in the pump, of supplying oil to the circuit?
The oil pump, which is set at 180. 250 Styles. is generally practically indestructible. it has a brass cylinder. Even mining consumes twice as long as aluminum.
And the principle of operation is very simple. It’s a pity there is no illustration, and I haven’t seen it anywhere. If in words. two parts, a cylinder and a plunger rotating in it. The plunger has a milled scaffold at the end. During rotation, the plunger moves slightly back and forth.
Two holes are made in the cylinder against each other. When the flat of the plunger approaches the intake hole, it is slightly pulled out of the cylinder. a vacuum is created and a little oil is sucked in.
when the flat turns to the discharge hole, the plunger moves into the cylinder. pressure is created, oil flows through the channel to the tire. As you can see, in principle, you can’t damage the pump as much as you like with thick oil. it just won’t go and that’s it.
If the oil flows out of the tank in chainsaw idle mode. is this normal? Those. if you have to cut a little bit, then pour a little bit? And then during the inactivity of the saw, oil from the tank flows completely.
Not. This not normal. The problem is either with the oil pump or with the tank itself. In general, oil and fuel consumption is usually 1 to 1.
Leading tire sprocket on a chainsaw, how to lubricate? Is Mobil or Jcb hydraulic grease suitable, for example? What do you think?
stars on all tires (except Calm) are smeared, if you don’t smear, the bearing may crumble, and then the tire ends, and about Calm tires. on the one hand, it’s like a plus, and on the other. I saw Calm almost new tires with burned bearings.
A chainsaw drives a chain lubrication oil. At idle it pours very slowly, you give gas. it pours. In five minutes, all the oil is poured.
Does not respond to the position of the adjusting screw. Also, a little (0.5-1 mm), the sprocket, which rotates the chain, plays. Who faced such a thing?
You need to remove the asterisk and sort out the oil pump, and check the hoses for gusts. The drive sprocket must have a slight play. It should not be hard, vibration will go to the crankshaft.
The holes coincide when I put it, maybe when pulling up the chain, the hole moves away because oil does not get on the chain, but the chains can be used alone, how to blunt, remove, put in a new one, the old one to sharpen, etc. do so far in a cycle of three chains the tire did not run off?
The oval hole for lubrication on the chainsaw body is made in such a way that at any position of the tire within the range of adjustment by the chain tensioner, the combination of the lubricant holes on the tire and the body does not disappear.
Ideally, a set of chains, when using them on a saw in turn in a cyclic mode, and the bus should become unusable at the same time. There are two lubrication options. Well, in the sense. through which oil is supplied.
Most tires have a separate hole for lubricating the chain, and these large ones are used for tensioning. And some (and quite a few) do not have a separate lubrication hole.
And for lubrication, a free tension hole is used. In this case, it will certainly communicate with the groove of the tire. You can check the wire. This is neither good nor bad, it is a feature.
So. in the second case, quite large oil losses are possible if the sprocket cover does not fit snugly. Then it goes just right through (unlike tires with a separate hole), and drips down.
After a minute of idling the chainsaw, I pressed the gas a little several times on the gas to lubricate the chain, it began to flow very strongly onto the chain, which already formed a pool of oil under the saw. Where is the screw for adjusting the oil supply to the circuit? And how to make this adjustment?
Your model does not have an oil flow adjustment to the circuit; oil is automatically supplied. Carefully inspect and thoroughly clean the oil intake holes on the tire, carefully install the tire with a chain. In theory, it should help.
If a puddle of oil forms under the saw, then the most probable is a loose tire or a clutch cover that is skewed, resulting in a gap between the oil pump outlet and the tire lubrication hole, into which the oil escapes.
Tell us more about the oil pumps installed in chainsaws.
Very rarely on modern chain saws (including electric ones) non-plunger pumps are used.
Chainsaw chain lubrication. Possible problems and their elimination. DIY repair
It can be said that they are not even applied at all. All of them work according to the same scheme.
The main details are an aluminum cylinder, rigidly fixed in the body and a steel plunger with a plastic gear, rotating in this cylinder. How it works: There is one small hole at the blind end of the cylinder. There is one more opposite.
One of them is suction, the second is pressure. On the plastic gear of the plunger there is an oblique annular groove, which is combined with a metal rod in the housing.
Mechanics: When the plunger rotates due to the oblique groove, it also makes back and forth movements back and forth for each revolution.
Hydraulics: When the cut portion of the end of the plunger approaches the suction port, the plunger is pulled back. a small vacuum is created, a portion of the oil is sucked into the cylinder.
Turning the plunger about half a turn. the cut-off section (of course, with the oil in it) fits the discharge hole.
At this time, the plunger moves towards the blind end of the cylinder. Some pressure is created, the oil enters the lubrication channel.
Now, about the differences in design: The gear on the plunger can be metal. In this case, the worm on the crankshaft will be plastic, you can’t get anywhere, it should be
The pump housing may be metal. Well, not bad, of course, but not fundamentally.
And most importantly. the adjustment of the oil supply. In the first case, when the axial movement of the plunger is carried out by an oblique annular groove.
Performance adjustment is not technically possible. If the longitudinal movement is due to an oblique cut of the back of the plunger, flow adjustment is possible.
Using different variants of the adjustable stop of the rear part of the plunger, the length of its axial movement and, accordingly, the amount of oil captured per revolution of the plunger are changed.
how often do you need to syringe a chainsaw tire? And as I understand it, the lubricant should be consistent, like lithol approximately? Or is the same transmission permissible?
I bought a new chain, installed, it works fine. But after a couple of minutes, the hole in the tire for oil supply is blocked, and the chain goes dry.
Literally enough for one cut. Again, disassemble, clean, run. Without sawing, the chain is lubricated. And after one cut, the tire is again clogged with chips.
I didn’t try Gazanut, because I didn’t have time, the chain almost wedges, I can’t turn it by hand, and the tire and chain are terribly hot, the chainsaw stalls. Tell me what the problem is, with the old chain this was not observed?
There is a big suspicion that the lubricating oil is actually going on, only because of the large amount of dust (perhaps now saw dry wood, or even with dust) falling into the groove of the tire and it is not visible on the chain.
What is the condition of the tire itself? In this case, the state of the driven sprocket and tire spacers (the chain slides during operation) is especially important in those places where the teeth of the sprocket “dive” into the tire during rotation or appear from there.
Also, in case of excessive wear of the spacers, the depth of the groove of the tire and the chain shanks can cling to the bottom of the groove during movement, could decrease below an acceptable level.
In this case, too, there will be excessive heating of the circuit and bus. After all, apparently this chain is not the first for the tire.
In addition, the fact that the saw stalls when the chain is jammed indicates a malfunctioning clutch. There is either dirt between the clutch cams and its cup, or the cup itself is deformed. Clutch springs may be stretched.