What power is the battery screwdriver. Battery or network
Boot consumption of a screwdriver 12 volts Makita
It is rarely possible to find information about its power on a wireless or battery screwdriver. Although, this is almost the main parameter. To decide what power of the screwdriver is needed, you need to find out the following:
- The voltage of the battery. This indicator can be different. In household instruments, it can be 10.8, 12, 14.4 volts. There are modifications with a number 18 or 24 volts.
- Battery capacity. The average capacity of the container can vary in the range from 1.2 to 1.5 ah.
- Torque. The effort of the screwdriver, which allows you to determine the length and diameter of the fasteners.
It happens that the manufacturer indicated On the box power in watts. Here you can calculate how much the current consumes a screwdriver. For example, the power of watts (200) divide into operating voltage (12 V). Sixteen.6 a. Consumption of current with a tool during operation.
Power and torque are inextricably linked
What power is needed with a screwdriver can be calculated by torque. For the house you can buy a tool with a size 10 Nm, A powerful good screwdriver will require an indicator 60 nm or more. In the presence of these indicators, you can determine the tool.
Important characteristics of screwdrivers
Based on these parameters, you can choose the best model for yourself.
Type of battery
– Today it is the most popular type of battery, which is everywhere used in technology. From cell phones to electric vehicles. It is very reliable, powerful, holds a charge well, has an increased resource of charging/discharge cycles, does not have a memory effect. Suitable for frequent use. However, lithium screwdrivers are more expensive than analogues. By the way, the inventors of lithium-ion batteries in 2019 awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry The battery “from the past”, today is installed mainly on household models of screwdrivers, which are used from time to time. Their main advantage is low price. A serious disadvantage of such batteries is the memory effect: if you put the planted battery on the charge for the charge, then its maximum container will slightly decrease. If you continue to charge a half.Discharged battery, then it will soon develop its resource ahead of schedule and will fail. Another minus of this type of batteries is their non.Ecologicality. After all, the cadmium is recognized as unfavorable for health and the environment with metal. Therefore, the use of nickel-cadmium batteries will require special care advanced type of nickel batteries. They work perfectly in conditions of negative temperatures, the memory effect is more pronounced than the nickel-cadmium. However, such batteries seriously lose lithium-ion-ion-ion-ion-ion-bondsThe last generation of lithium-ion batteries developed by Metabo specifically for power tools. According to the manufacturer, they are more compact and easier than ordinary lithium-ion elements, and also give out the maximum power, not inferior to power supply from the network.
– The most common type of electric motor in tools and household appliances. From the current source, electricity is transmitted to the engine using sliding contacts on which special brushes are installed. Brushes are a consumable that we wear out over time and requires a replacement. In some models, it is impossible to quickly replace the brushes and the screwdriver will have to thoroughly disassemble. The main advantages of the brush engine are simplicity of design and low price a more productive electric motor, with high efficiency. There are no moving elements in its insides, and the current transmission is regulated by the semiconductor switch controlled by an electronic sensor. Brightless engine tolerates increased loads well, wear.Resistant and in good condition does not spark. However, it significantly increases the price of screwdrivers.
Food from the battery, type of cartridge fast.Sounding, torque 9 nm, max. Rotation speed 550 rpm, capacity 1.1 ah, voltage 12 V, illumination of the working area, weight 1.32 kg.
Type of cartridge
Special nozzles (bits) are fixed in the cartridge, with which a screwdriver works. There are several types of cartridges in the models presented on the market:
– The most common. Allows a pair of movements to change the bit;
- Magnetic. Bits are held due to magnetic force. Due to the unreliability of such fastening, it is most often used in electro.Opticals and low.Power screwdrivers;. The nozzle is fixed in the cartridge, and then delayed with a side gear key, as in electric drifts and perforators. This is the most reliable type of mount. Naturally, to change the bat will have to spend some time;. Approaches certain types of bit. Allows you to quickly replace them.
The power of the screwdriver
Its performance directly depends on the power of the power tool. For screwdrivers, this means what moment of strength to be attached to unscrew the screws or check the surface. This value is measured in nm (Newton-meter). The higher it is, the more power the device clamps the bolt and cope with the fastener of a larger diameter. However, excessive torque can damage the nozzles, so in many models it can be adjusted with a special coupling. If it is supposed to work with small fasteners, then there are enough screwdrivers with a capacity of 10-15 Nm. These are typical indicators for electrical buildings. The capacity of professional models is located around 25-30 Nm. With such a tool you can calmly twist screws up to 7 cm. The models of the class are higher than the force of about 40 nm, can cope with long self.Tapping screws and even drill small holes in not too dense materials. The power of professional screwdrivers can reach 130 Nm. They can drill holes in dense materials, used, for example, when installing stretch ceilings. Powerful screwdrivers, as a rule, work from an electric network.
Speed (or frequency) of rotation
This is an important characteristic that shows how speed the cartridge will rotate with the nozzle. The general rule is quite simple. At a lower speed you can drill a denser material or unscrew the screws of larger diameter. Unit of measurement. Turnover per minute (rpm).As a rule, the speed of rotation of the cartridge is regulated by pressing the start button (trigger). In some models, the speed of rotation can be set by a special gearbox. High frequency is used for drilling, low. For installing fasteners. So, for twisting screws, a speed of about 500 rpm is suitable. On the contrary, so that the drilling is comfortable already required 1000-1500 rpm.
How not to make a mistake when choosing a screwdriver
Keep in mind that, having come to the store, you should not pay attention only to the cost of the device. Check out the passport you like the model. It will necessarily indicate the most important technical characteristics of the device. These are: rotation speed, type of battery (unless, of course, it is available) and torque. According to these parameters, you need to choose a tool for yourself.
For “pros” or household screwdriver
Think about what repair and construction work you plan to carry out. Based on this, and make your choice. If you make it not so enthusiastically, and it will be enough for you to get the device from the case only a couple of times a month, it makes no sense to take a professional screwdriver. Right, there is no sheepskin. An amateur model working from the battery, you are enough for you. She has all the necessary functions, but she weighs much less than professional.
If almost every day you need to collect, screw or build something, then look aside not very cheap, but very powerful professional models. They usually work from the network, have impressive dimensions and weight.
About the torque and speed of rotation
The torque determines what force the screwdriver attaches to the wrapped screw, or with what force it resists the load. In everyday life, devices are used, the torque of which is from 10 to 15 Newton meters.
Professional models can have a torque of up to 130 Newton meters, as a result of which they have the opportunity to drill very solid materials. The engine shaft in such devices makes 1200-1300 revolutions in one minute. Household models are satisfied with 400-500 revolutions per minute.
Battery Impact Wrench Power Tools| Impact Wrench Electric Screwdriver 520 N.M Wrench Tools
Depending on the torque, the length of the screwed screw is selected, as well as its diameter. Powerful screwdrivers can be tightened thicker and long screws. Also, these devices can be used when working with fairly solid materials, without fear of breakdowns.
The screwdriver differs from other power tools in that its torque can be adjusted. For this, a simple device is used. A limiter. It is a ring located immediately after a clamping cartridge. With the help of it, you can install a certain effort after which the screw will no longer be screwed. Screwed the screw. The cartridge immediately stopped, although the engine is still spinning.
In this case, the sound of a rattle is clearly heard. Such a limiter protects the instrument from many troubles: bits wear, breakdowed a slot at the screw, as well as its too deep dumping into the surface.
The limiter of the maximum torque.
The rattle of the engine coupling protects it from overloads, allowing the spinning shaft to slip freely. The maximum torque established, by the way, is quite sufficient to turn the screw and the most tight, and do not overload the engine. To go into drilling mode, you need to transfer the coupling to the opposite extreme position. In this case, the restriction of the torque will be removed. E. The screwdriver will work as a regular drill.
Check Out This Cordless Screwdriver By HOTO!
To choose the right screwdriver, consider some other nuances. It is necessary to check whether the electric motor is working stably when loading whether the frequency of its rotation is preserved. The quality of the power supply, its ability to keep the charge, as well as the power of the device with a sowing battery, is also important.
Batteries or working from the network?
There are two types of screwdrivers: working from the network cord and having their own battery. As for the former, they have a solid weight, and you can only work with them not far from electric sockets. However, you can buy an extension cord, on its meter and the range of tools will depend. Batteries are easier, and also have a significant advantage. Autonomy.
It is far from always necessary to build near sockets, so in the field of models with your own battery, of course, is more convenient. Agree, a little pleasure is to wear wire meters, which, as luck would have it, is also constantly confused. And when working at altitude, it is not at all possible to use network models. After all, they are also heavy. Upwards are problematic. Therefore, we will consider in more detail the model with the battery. It is important to choose the right type here.
The most widely used battery screwdriver.
Choose a battery wisely
To work with comfort, and not to run to recharge the tool every half hour, carefully react to its battery. An excellent service will be a spare battery if it is included. As for the recharge time, it is for a professional tool for about an hour, and in amateur. Up to 7 hours. It depends on the charging device.
In screwdrivers, batteries of three varieties are used:
One. Ni-mh batteries are small and light, they do not like frosts and overloads on current. The number of recharge with a stable capacity of them is 1500 times. For storage, such batteries must be well charged, and stored in a discharged form is not permissible. But they do not have such a greater memory effect as nickel-cadmium and are more powerful.
Batches based on nickel-cadmium elements are more toxic, but the number of reloading is twice as much as the previous type. They are also cheap enough, but they are not afraid of frost at all. So for Russian conditions, there are now better suited. But these batteries suffer from a strong self.Discharge, and also the effect of memory. These are significant disadvantages. For storage, do not forget to completely discharge them. Otherwise, you risk getting a battery with a smaller capacity as a result.
Lithium-ion batteries are sensitive to cold, which is nickel-metal-hydrite batteries, and their power is low. The number of recharge is up to 3000, there is no memory effect. They are practically not susceptible to self.Discharge. They are somewhat more convenient when used at home.
Network or battery
Depending on the method of obtaining food, all screwdrivers are divided into network and battery. The first option receives power supply to the network cord, they are much more effective due to constant power and due to the lack of need to monitor the value of the charge. But, in comparison with battery screws, they cannot be used in places where there is no 220 V electric network, they also have a fairly large weight. A separate disadvantage of network screwdrivers is nutrition from a dangerous voltage level, while batteries, feed on low voltage and do not threaten the working in the event of breakdowns.
Battery screwdrivers are mobility. They can be used in places where there is no power supply at all or where to carry a bulky tool is inappropriate. Such models differ relatively small weight and dimensions, but they are more expensive and can be discharged at the most inopportune moment. The main parameter to pay attention to, when choosing a battery screwdriver is the type of its battery and its capacity.
Types of batteries
Types of batteries determine the most important parameters. The duration of the screwdriver, the need for a complete discharge, the duration of the charge, the service life and the price of the electric tool itself. Today there are four types of batteries:
- Lithium-ion, It is indicated as Li-Ion Battery-relative to others holds the charge for a long time, also quickly accumulates it and does not require complete discharge. To date, this is the most effective option for construction and electrical operations, its main disadvantage is the high cost, so for single work screwdrivers with such a battery is better not to choose.
- Lithium-polymer, It is indicated as Li-Pol Battery-has the largest capacity among batteries for screwdrivers, but it fails faster than others.
- Nickel-cadmium, The batteries are designated as Ni-CD-they differ in the highest life, about 5 years, in comparison in others about 3 years. This option is also characterized by low cost. The disadvantages include a long charge and the need for a complete category.
- Nickel-metallogid, They are designated as Ni-MH batteries are characterized by a good battery capacity, unlike other models, have much less weight with the same battery capacity. Due to what such a battery screwdriver has smaller sizes, but also much more cost.
Lithium Battery BMS Nicd/Nimh Charger, Is it possible? Bosch cordless drill 14.4V PSR 1440
For home use, it is better to use nickel-cadmium models, due to rare use, their long charge is not so critical, and a long period of operation will allow you to forget about the replacement for a long time. For professional activities, lithium-ion and nickel-metallological screwdrivers are well suited.
Types of screwdrivers
Classifications of screwdrivers are enough. Manufacturers produce household and professional tools, which, in turn, may differ in power elements, in particular, in their power, in diameter of the cartridge, according to materials from which gear of the gearbox are made. There are screwdrivers that have additional functions. It is clear that the price of various types of screwdrivers is also different. The price also depends on the brand. Consider how screwdrivers are different for nutrition elements. Devices are divided into two large groups: battery screwdrivers and electric.
Li-Ion batteries are extremely common and popular today. They are used in many tools, portable devices, etc. What explains this demand for these batteries? Their advantages include:
- Three thousand battering cycles.
- The batteries have a very small weight, they are very light.
- The battery is charged very quickly.
- The battery does not have the effect of memory to charge.
But the modern Li-Ion battery has and negative qualities. For example, such a battery has been working for only three years, which means that it must be used for this period to the maximum, otherwise it will be a pity the money spent will be spent. Li-and-re is quite expensive. Li-Ion batteries are afraid of frost, so if frost resistance is important, it is better to choose ni-mh batteries. Conclusion:
- These batteries need to be bought if there is a constant rather than one.Time work with a screwdriver.
- Li-ion batteries are not recommended for complete charging and discharge so that the battery lasts as long as possible (category-at least 15%, charge-no more than 90%).
- To calibrate the battery, the execution of three cycles is enough (cycles are performed in a row).
Battering batteries NI-CD
These batteries have been used for a long time both in screwdrivers and in other tools. The number of cycles of the charge-discharge is one and a half thousand. Such batteries last longer LI.Ion. Five years. The use of NI-CD batteries allows you to use the tool at low temperatures (in frosts no more than 15 degrees). The popularity of these devices is also facilitated by the fact that their cost is the lowest for batteries. NI-CD batteries include:
- Battery charging lasts quite a long time, at least an hour, or even more.
- The battery has a memory effect to the charge.
- Ni-CD battery has a significant weight.
- Since Ni-CD batteries are characterized by the effect of memory for the charge, the batteries need their full charge and discharge, which will allow them to serve for a long time.
- Full charging is performed using a conventional charger.
- The full category can be performed using a flashlight, which is often attached to many sets to a screwdriver.
Voltage and container capacity
The batteries differ from each other with such important parameters as capacity and voltage. The unit of measurement of the container is an amperes multiplied by an hour (Ach). The battery charge directly depends on its capacity. Accordingly, with an increase in capacity, the duration of work increases, which can be performed without a new charge of battery. The battery voltage, the unit of measurement of which is volt (c), determines the power of the screwdriver or any other battery type tool. In the language of professionals, this means that it depends on the voltage which indicators will have both soft and hard twisting moments of a screwdriver.
Network (electric) screwdrivers
These screwdrivers are included in the electric network and similar to electric drifts. The main difference between such a screwdriver from the drill is that it can be adjusted to the torque in it. The screwdrivers that work from the network are great for work at home, which are performed from time to time, and for professional builders. The screwdriver does not need charging, it works as much as necessary, from the network, and this is its undoubted dignity. But there is also the reverse side of the network tools created by the presence of an electric network: firstly, for work, you need the summarized electricity, and secondly, the tool wire often interferes, limiting mobility and confusing under the feet.
About the cartridge and gearbox in a screwdriver
In a screwdriver, there may be either a fast-packed three-cubed cartridge (with a snap-in-line click range of 1/2-13 millimeters), or a cartridge that has a hexagonal nest with a shank of 1/4 inches. The larger size of the fast.Packed cartridge makes the screwdriver more universal. The equipment changes very quickly at the hexagonal cartridge, and this is a great convenience if the replacement is often made. Often, in the presence of such a cartridge, drills have a hexagonal shank. Perhaps a combination of a conventional cartridge and a hexagonal shank. Reducer is needed to transmit the engine rotation of the engine to the cartridge. The parameters of the twisting moments depend on the gearbox. Reducer gears are made either of metal (usually from steel) or from plastic. In professional screwdrivers, only metal gears are used.
An important technical characteristic of a screwdriver is its power, depending on the twisting moments (soft and hard). Twisting moments are measured in NM (in Newtonometers). The tool is more powerful if the number of torque is larger, that is, a screwdriver can drive thicker and longest screws or drills into solid or viscous material.
- The soft torque characterizes the maximum twisting or unscrewing the screwdriver. The range of soft torque is 0-350 revolutions per minute.
- The indicator of maximum effort during the drilling is a rigid torque. Its range is 0-1000 (maybe much more than 1000) revolutions per minute.
The main parameters of the battery and the tool itself
The main of the parameters that characterize the work of the screwdriver is the voltage of the battery, on which, in turn, the power of the electric motor and torque depends. For household models, the difference between screwdrivers in voltage is small. On average, it is in the range of 10.8–14.4 V. Productive options designed for constant use can be equipped with 24–36 volts batteries.
The voltage of the screwdriver battery and the type of battery. Answer what the difference is, you can, knowing what metals were used for its manufacture. For nickel-cadmium batteries, large in size with a similar capacity, the value of the indicator is a multiple of 1.2 V (it is the voltage of one element that is composed of a battery block), for lithium-ion-3.6 V of lithium-ion.
Among other, no less important characteristics can be noted:
- The power of the screwdriver, by which you can also determine the speed of twisting of screws and screws. To carry out repairs on their own, there are enough models with a capacity of 500-700 watts. Professional repairman will need more powerful equipment-800–850 W;
- The number of revolutions of the rotating part of the device per unit time. According to this parameter, it is determined whether the screwdriver can fulfill the task set before it. For example, to tighten the desired type of fastener. So, for the bolt, self.Tapping screw and screws, 500 rpm will be enough, for drilling it will be needed already 1,200 rpm;
- Twisting the moment, the value of which may be one of the main answers to the question of what the voltage of the screwdriver battery affects. By this characteristic, you can determine both the diameter and the length of the twisted screw or self.Tapping screw. For large fasteners, as well as for drilling deep and wide holes, and for solid materials, a serious value of the rotating moment is also required. The maximum value of the indicator is 10-60 nm.
There are two types of torque of screwdrivers. Starting (larger in size and required to launch the device to work) and constant, that is, a worker. The value of the parameter in modern equipment models can be adjusted. Find out how many modes can be selected from a particular device, you can find out in the documentation available on it. Over, in tools with a pulsed mode of operation (turning on the rotating part with jerks) the capabilities of screwing more. Allowing to periodically increase the torque, they can screw a larger screw.
In addition to the voltage of the screwdriver and its power, the battery capacity should also be evaluated. The characteristic is measured in ampere hours or milliampere hours. The larger the indicator, the longer the screwdriver can work out without recharging.
The average battery capacity of the household model is 1300 mAh, which is enough for 2-3 hours. Professional equipment requires more work time. And the master who uses the screwdriver throughout the working day, it is worth purchasing a model from batteries of 1.5–2.0 Ah.
What characteristics are important when choosing a battery for a screwdriver
Given the advantages and disadvantages of various types of batteries, you can choose the appropriate for specific operating conditions. Now let’s look at two key characteristics that all types of batteries have the choice of screwdrivers.
What the battery capacity is talking about
The battery capacity is prescribed by numbers from 1.0 to 7.0 and measured in amperes multiplied by the clock (ah). The value is deciphered as follows: the specified amount of amperes will be able to issue within an hour. But since no screwdriver consumes 1-5 and per hour, then its use time stretches from 2 to 8 hours. The higher the container, the longer the tool will be able to stay in work.
What the battery voltage is talking about
In battery models, the strength and speed of rotation of the screwdriver depend on the voltage of the battery, which should correspond to the parameters of the tool:
- For screwdrivers, the maximum indicator is 36 in. These are the most powerful devices for working with metal and solid wood rocks.
- 12-18 V is the average value suitable for most processes in the repair and installation.
- 3-10 V-belong to low-power, and are used only for assembling soft materials or fasteners of small diameter.
The installation of a larger power battery on a weak model will lead to a breakdown of the last. Battery 12 V on the apparatus calculated by 18 V, on the contrary, will limit the strength of the tool, so the voltage indicator of the drive must accurately correspond to the value in the screwdriver.
Keep in mind that if you take two batteries with the same capacity, the longer operation of the tool will provide one with higher voltage.
Twisting: how much is needed for construction
Another parameter affecting the functions of the tool is the torque. It is measured in Newton meters (Hm). Thanks to the torque, it is possible to determine the degree of loads for which the drill-shuruver is ready. The higher the torque, the greater the range of work is performed by the tool.
For homework, a drill-shuruvrete with a torque of 10-15 Nm, when working with dense materials (for example, when screwing 100 mm into a self-soverning tree)-30-40 nm is suitable. Professional builders are recommended a drill with a twist with a torque of more than 120 nm.