Which Fishing Line Suitable For Trimmer Lynx
The trimmer is an important tool that is designed to mow grass and other vegetation. He is able to become an indispensable assistant for owners of private houses and summer cottages, as it helps to maintain the surrounding area in a tidy condition. In order to choose a trimmer model that will perform the work with the highest quality and serve faithfully for many years, you need to pay special attention to all the components of the device. One of the questions to be decided is which line for the trimmer is better?
Choosing a Trimmer Fishing Line
In order to choose the right fishing line for the trimmer, the following parameters should be considered:
- Cord thickness;
- Sectional shape;
- Material of which the fishing line is made.
Fishing line thickness
Choosing the right cord thickness is important. It must match the characteristics of a particular device. If the fishing line is with a large diameter, which is designed for a specific model of trimmer, this can lead to tangling of the thread on the spool, overheating of the engine and rapid wear of the bushings.
The size of the fishing line for the trimmer can be from 1.2 to 4 mm. You can make a conditional separation:
- Fishing line with a thickness 1.2 – 1.6 mm. She intended for appliances with low power – up to 0.5 kW. Usually it electric models.
- Thick cord 2 – 2.4 mm. This is the most common size that fits for cutting both young and hard grass. Such a fishing line is installed on trimmers having a power of 1 kW.
- Fishing line 3 – 3.2 mm – intended for high power gas trimmers, which can cut thick stems.
- Cord Thick 4 mm. This is the thickest trimmer fishing line that can handle more than just hard grass, but even with stalks of bushes.
The shape of the thread is also an important parameter when choosing a fishing line for the trimmer. This is due to the fact that the process of cutting the grass stem occurs as follows: the fishing line separates part of it, not cutting, but interrupting it. According to the cross-sectional shape, the cords are divided into the following types:
- Round is a universal form that is suitable for cutting both fresh and dry grass;
- Multifaceted, which has from 3 to 6 faces. Such a fishing line is able to cope with hard and thick stems. With all the advantages of the cord, it also has a drawback: fast consumption. Therefore, it is recommended to use it exclusively for its intended purpose;
- Curly – in the form of stars, squares with recesses. They have their own characteristics of destination. For example, an asterisk is used to cut fresh grass.
Production material for fishing line
As a rule, a nylon fishing line is used for the trimmer – from polyamide or polypropylene. A cheaper option is to add polyethylene. It is not recommended to be used, since the cord, which contains such a material, is characterized by reduced resistance to wear and temperature.
To extend the life of the fishing line made of polypropylene, it is soaked in water for half an hour before direct use. Many people have a question: what is the most durable fishing line for the trimmer? These can be called strings having a large diameter (about 4 mm), into which aluminum particles are specially added.
Some practice using a metal wire or wire ropes for lawn mowing, which is strictly forbidden. It is best to use a metal fishing line for the trimmer, which is the most reliable.
In addition, reinforced fishing line for the trimmer, which consists of an outer layer and a dense core, is considered to be heavy-duty. This ensures its high wear resistance.
Thus, having the necessary information about the characteristics of the fishing line for the trimmer, you can choose the best option for yourself.
A beautiful and well-groomed lawn in front of the house or a neat lawn framed by ornamental shrubs largely speaks not only of the attractiveness of the artistic solution, but also of the industriousness of the estate owner.
And these are not empty words, because systematic lawn care requires not only compliance with technological cycles, but also hard work.
Created and brought to perfection, tools for lawn care simultaneously with the need for skillful handling also require a high-quality selection of consumables, the quality of which largely determines the success of an ideal lawn.
How and which line to choose for the trimmer?
The means of small-scale mechanization offered today for small areas and for the maintenance of large areas with complex terrain, and these are mainly electric and gas trimmers, have a working body in the form of a universal head, in the drum of which a synthetic fishing line or vein is wound, as it is sometimes called.
Video: Which Fishing Line Suitable For Trimmer Lynx
Basically, all manufacturers of this kind of technology in the instructions for use indicate the parameters of the fishing line – diameter. There is a similar indication on the spool, which indicates the direction of winding the fishing line and its diameter.
However, today there are several types of fishing line for the trimmer, which not only differ from each other in color, diameter and shape, but also have completely different characteristics.
The main parameters of the trimmer line
Manufacturers most often indicate the diameter of the fishing line, and this is partly correct – the mowing head has holes with metal inserts of a certain inner diameter, into which it is impossible to insert a fishing line of a larger diameter.
Thus, one of the parameters of the fishing line is:
The thickness of the thread.
What nuances should be observed during the work?
As with the start of operation of any equipment, it is recommended that you read the instructions before starting to work with the trimmer, just read and not run your eyes, it is simple and extremely useful, in any case, if you are not experienced with this kind of equipment, you can avoid damage at the initial stage .
Already in the future, when experience appears, this largely compensates for the high consumption of fishing line, but nevertheless, it should be borne in mind that initially you must adhere to the manufacturer’s advice.
The second important point is the knowledge of the main parameters of the fishing line and their accounting for work:
- Section shapes;
- Composition of the thread.
Given that the trimmers have different power, and the destination manufacturers are trying to recommend different thicknesses of fishing line for different models of trimmers.
For small electric machines designed to care for small areas of the lawn, the main buyers of which are housewives, and older people, manufacturers recommend fishing line with a diameter of 1.4 to 2.4 mm.
For electric braids and gasoline trimmers of medium power, which are needed to care for fairly large areas, manufacturers recommend fishing line from 2.4 mm to 3 mm.
Professional units capable of working for several hours in a row, mowing grass in areas with difficult terrain, with shrubs and dry grass, it is recommended fishing line with a thickness of 3 – 3.2 mm.
In many ways, the result of the trimmer also depends on the cross-sectional shape of the fishing line. Conventionally, all types can be divided into two types – a fishing line of circular cross section and a fishing line of complex section – square, rectangle, star.
The most common type of fishing line is a fishing line of circular cross section.
This is caused by several factors:
- Round thread production is much cheaper than the production of complex sections;
- Round thread withstands heavy loads – during mowing, the tip of the fishing line is sharpened and, thus, an even regular cut is obtained, similar to the cut of a hand braid;
- Round fishing line is spent less than other types of fishing line;
- Round section is available in all types of diameter products from 1.4 mm to 3.3 mm inclusive.
Disadvantages of a round cross section of fishing line:
- Makes noise during work, therefore, for particularly tender consumers who do not like to wear headphones, the manufacturer offers a round spiral line with reduced noise during operation;
- Despite being present in all kinds of sizes, round fishing line is not suitable for mowing shrubs and dead wood, its main purpose is young green grass.
Fishing line of square or rectangular section:
- The main purpose – professional trimmers for haymowing on tall grass;
- The cut is made by the edges of the rectangle, as a result of which the mowing is smooth, without crushing the stems.
- Sizes – from 2.4 mm to 3.3 mm.
Of the minuses:
- High consumption when working on rocky areas, near hedges, trees – the fishing line is quite fragile;
- Mainly used on powerful electric and gas trimmers.
Asterisk-shaped fishing line:
- The main purpose is dry grass and small shrubs;
- Sizes from 2.4 mm to 3.0 mm;
- Some manufacturers for reinforcing the fishing line make it two-component when there is a metal core inside the fishing line;
Of the minuses it should be noted:
- High and very high cost (fishing line with a metal core);
- Requires a special coil for a trimmer or special disc;
- When mowing with such fishing line, the use of mowed grass in the form of livestock feed is not recommended.
The composition of the fishing line
However, basically, the service life of the fishing line does not depend on the shape or diameter of the thread, but on what composition it is made of. Most often, domestic manufacturers use nylon as the main material.
It is quite flexible, elastic, strong, and can be deformed by stretching. Relatively easy to withstand heavy loads and high temperatures.
Nylon fishing line in the price range is the cheapest, but this does not mean that poor quality, given the price / quality / performance ratio, the nylon fishing line will show a very decent result.
Coaxial, two-component fishing line can withstand the most stress and is considered the strongest. Its secret is simple – a dense, even rigid core and a rather elastic outer layer.
This combination allows the fishing line to retain its properties for a long time and wear out gradually, much more slowly than a nylon fishing line.
The line with a metal central core was originally intended for professional work – mowing grass along the freeways, cleaning steep slopes, working on rocky areas.
And therefore, it has an appropriate price, which is not entirely suitable for working on a personal plot.
The main criterion for choosing a fishing line should be the correspondence of the diameter of the fishing line to the trimmer, its power, and capabilities.
It is not necessary to put the entire skein of fishing line in a reel, a small length is enough to prevent spontaneous scattering of the working head, especially since to work with the trimmer it is necessary to select the fishing line in the size range specified in the instructions – a light thread of small diameter also harms the tool, as well as a thicker thread .
Overview of the best brands of manufacturers
Among branded threads for trimmers, the greatest authority and popularity among professionals are fishing line Makita, Black&Decker, Husqvarna, Bosch. These are well-known brands that have been setting the bar for quality and innovation for more than a year.
The most common on the market, and quite affordable to the average consumer (both for the amateur and for professional use) are Forte, Intertool, Master Tool, Sturm, Verto, Sadko, Werk, Team leader.