Why does the lawnmower cut out when throttle?
Grass trimmer stalls at idle RPM Cause
Grass trimmer, which has a gasoline drive. it is a useful thing for owners of homesteads, lawns, and when the grass trimmer suddenly stops, the work of clearing the area of grass stops. The device itself is a fairly complex mechanism, so there are many different causes of its failure. The most common problems are listed in the instruction manual. Know the reasons why the grass trimmer stalls, you should know in order to effectively perform the repair of the device yourself.
Troubles with the chain saw, related to the fact that this device does not start, are classified in a certain way by service specialists. They highlight malfunctions with the following nodes of the mechanism:
- engine, in which pistons and bearings can wear out or fail, or the crankcase can crack;
- the fuel supply system, with a possible clogged filter or carburetor problems;
- mechanical damage to the wires, tubes, hoses;
- the ignition chain.
In order to correctly identify the node where the failure occurred, you need to pay attention to the circumstances under which the grass trimmer stalls.
READ Lawn Mower Won’t Start Causes Video
Gasoline grass brush does not start cold
It is not recommended to press on the gas when starting a cold engine. With the brush tilted so that the air filter is on top, press the fuel intake button 5-6 times, set the function lever to the “start” position, pull the starter cord several times to start the engine. After the engine has been running for a few seconds, turn the starter switch off.
Gasoline does not start hot
If the hedge trimmer has been running recently and is still hot, but does not want to start, pull the gas trigger, pull the starter cord several times sharply until the engine starts, and only then release the gas trigger. If much time has passed and the brush has cooled down, it should be started as if it were cold. If the above methods did not help, the cleaner does not start, you should contact the service center.
- About our service center
- Brands are served
- Diagnostics and repair prices
Specialized Service. Comprehensive warranty and post-warranty maintenance of gardening and utility equipment from world manufacturers! We sell spare parts with delivery all over Russia!
Gasoline grass mower. A useful thing for owners of homesteads, lawns, and when the grass trimmer suddenly jams, the work of cleaning the site from the grass stops. The device itself is a fairly complex mechanism, so there are many different causes of its failure. The most common problems are contained in the instruction manual. Know the reasons why grass trimmers kiosk trimmers should be able to effectively repair the device yourself.
Why the lawn mower stalls: causes and solutions
The reason why your tool abruptly stops working, namely the engine does not pick up speed, breaks off, or in the popular manner “stalls”, there may be more than one. Often not only the engine itself is to blame, but also related systems, units of the unit, completely other parts related to the preparation of the fuel-air mixture, its quality, transportation to the engine tool. Let’s consider the most typical situations:
- Does not pick up speed. The mechanics of the engine drive may be damaged or there may be problems with the carburetor, but the main reason is the clogging of the air filter. To change the situation you need to remove it, clean it, and if the latter is no longer possible, then change it for a new one, quickly making an order on our website. Also, the mower will not pick up speed, if the cable from the carburetor constantly comes off, disassemble the machine and firmly fix it, or buy a new one, if the element is found to have cracks or other types of deformation.
- At high revs. The cap on the gas tank is clogged, it should be cleaned or a new one should be bought. The most common cause is an unregulated carb. Information on the correct adjustment of all screws we give in informational articles. Check the quality of the fuel intake hose and replace it with a new one if necessary.
- When heated. Occurs at moments when the fuel in the carburetor is literally boiling. Can also appear in variants if the carburettor’s choke is of the sparser, rotary type (not disc type). The only option would be to replace the carburetor with a new one. There is also the possibility of a punctured wire or ignition coil. In this case, change the element of the last.
- Starts and stops (immediately after starting). An unadjusted or misadjusted carburetor is the primary cause of this situation. A distinct vibration will indicate an uneven fuel supply, and the situation can be corrected by competent adjustment of the unit.
We hope you have found the right answer to the question: why the lawn mower stalls, and all the suggested parts of the catalog today, as always, are at your service. Do you need a grass trimmer piston, a new carburetor, or related to the work of these systems. you will find everything on the expanses of the store “Benzo Zip”.
All the reasons why the lawnmower won’t start can be classified according to the way each part works. In the service center malfunctions are systematized:
- engine malfunction (piston wear, bearing failure, cracked crankcase);
- Fuel supply malfunction. clogged pores in the air filter or carburetor malfunction;
- the ignition system is not working;
- Failure of mechanical nature. leaking hoses, broken wires under the braid, broken tubes.
The user must first check that there is fuel in the tank. Start in the manual with the saw on its side. Set the air damper in the “closed” position, pump fuel, turn on the ignition and make 3-4 sharp jerks starter. STIHL 250 chainsaw throttles on throttle, throttles, works on full throttle. If the engine is running, open the choke. STIHL 250 chain saw cuts off when throttle, why? Lawnmower won’t start. Repeat the operation with the choke a bit open.
If it fails to start, we begin to find the cause of the failure:
- Check the fuel quality;
- check the serviceability of the spark plug and the cleanliness of the spark plug duct;
- Check that the air filter is clean;
- Check that the fuel filter is not blocked;
- check the breather plug is clean;
- clean the exhaust duct.
complex reasons will be, discovered during the diagnosis of malfunctions, leading to an overhaul of the carburetor. Such causes include clogging of the internal channels of the carburetor, wear on it of the gasket and violation of the tightness of the internal halls with loss of vacuum. The lawnmower repair with your own hands, if it does not start, will require patience.
Block: 2/7 | Symbol number: 1671
Reasons and solutions
In order to most accurately determine the cause of malfunction of any brand grass trimmer (e.g., Echo) and find out the possibility of fixing it, it is necessary to establish, when performing what action the device stalls. The engine can turn off both at idle and at high RPM, after heating under load or right after starting, etc.д.
If the device stalls after the gas is turned on
Owners of gasoline mowers quite often mention that the lawnmower stalls when the gas is pressed. Usually such a breakdown occurs due to problems in the carburetor. The failure in its operation may be caused by long storage, use in harsh conditions, heavy overloading of the motor. A symptom of such a breakdown will be vibrating movements of the device during operation.
For the record! Users familiar with car carburetor repair can try to repair this important grass trimmer assembly with their own hands, using the instruction manual. If not, the right thing to do is to call a service center for assistance.
Sometimes the grass trimmer stops when you throttle because the fuel valve is clogged. It interferes with the gasoline supply. To fix the problem, it is sufficient to loosen the valves. That will restore the carburetor’s normal fuel supply.
Gasoline grass trimmer does not start and stops
Why does not the grass trimmer gasoline start?? Causes and their elimination
Recently, the gasoline grass trimmer has gained the status of one of the main tools in the arsenal of dacha owners. This is not surprising, because a motorized lawn mower allows you to quickly get your yard in order. However, it sometimes happens that the grass trimmer does not start on hot and even on cold. In such situations, we have to independently determine the cause of malfunction. Let’s find out what to do if the grass trimmer won’t start. The causes that most often lead to such trouble will be discussed below.
With what to start troubleshooting, if the grass trimmer does not start? In situations where the tool stalls immediately after starting, it is worth inspecting the following units of the unit:
It is the breakdown of the above-mentioned locations that most often leads to the fact that the grass trimmer starts badly. Let’s see how to eliminate such troubles.
Checking the fuel mixture
Let’s say that you do not start the grass trimmer. In this case, the first thing to do is to check whether there is enough fuel in the tank, as well as to assess the quality of the fuel mixture. It is necessary to fill the motorized unit only with high-quality gasoline. It is recommended to use fuel, which brand is not lower than Ai-95. Filling the grass trimmer with fuel of unknown origin, bought not at the filling station, is fraught with the occurrence of frequent failures in the work of the tool. This can cause a breakdown of the cylinder-piston system. Repair in such a case often exceeds the cost of the device itself.
Why won’t the grass trimmer gasoline start?? Lead to this can also lead to improper preparation of the fuel mixture, which consists of oil and gasoline. The proportions in which these components are combined are specified by the manufacturers in the grass trimmer manual. Preparing the fuel mixture is extremely not recommended in large volumes, that is, for the future. After all, the loss of the determining properties of the substance occurs during prolonged storage. Therefore, if the grass trimmer does not start, it is worth draining the old fuel and use a freshly prepared fuel mixture.
READ Which Grass Trimmer is Better Rotary or Vibratory?
Diagnostics of the spark plug duct
What to do if the fuel mixture you use is fine, but your gasoline grass trimmer still won’t start? The causes of mechanism failure may lie in excessive moisture in the candle channel. To diagnose and fix the problem, you need to do the following:
- Unscrew the spark plug. Wipe the spark plug channel thoroughly and then dry it out.
- Drain the excess fuel in the chamber through the appropriate spark plug hole.
- Clean the old spark plug if it has soot on the surface. You can cope with the task by using a regular nail file or a nail file.
- Leave a gap of 1mm when reinserting the element. To check the parameter, it is enough to put any coin through the gap.
- Reassemble the functional unit.
- Trying to start the grass trimmer.
It is recommended to dry the candle channel for at least half an hour. But you should by no means resort to torching its elements. After all, heating the spark plug can lead to its final deterioration. What to do if the service of the functional unit has been performed in accordance with the above recommendations, but the grass trimmer does not start, there is a spark at the same time? In that case it is worth applying gasoline to the threaded joint. The latter does not need to be copiously impregnated with combustible. It should only be slightly dampened. You may need to do this to get the ignition going. Because no matter how strong the spark is, there is nothing to ignite in a completely dry chamber.
lawn mower stalls
Adjusting the carburetor, does not start badly
,Crashes when you press the gas. MY SKIP: ork.Vitek Tel. 380979677418
lawn mower stalls or gasps when you press the gas
Even more information about repair and tool selection on our website www.LookTool.Ru come in, we are happy to please everyone.
If even in this case the grass trimmer does not start, it is worth evaluating the quality of contact between the high-voltage wire and the spark plug. If there is no spark (if there is a reliable connection between the specified elements), the problem is most likely caused by a broken ignition unit. In this situation, you will need to turn to the services of craftsmen who will perform the reinstallation of the unit.
Checking the filters
Another common reason why the grass trimmer does not start is the presence of a clog in the filter area. To confirm the conjecture, it is enough to dismantle the specified unit and try to start the machine without it. If the grass trimmer engine started, most likely you will have to replace the air filter or at least perform a thorough purging of the old one. If there is abundant dirt on the surface of the filter element, it is necessary to use a new mesh. Do not leave the suction pipe exposed to contaminants when doing this. If you are in a hurry, you may need to repair the entire piston assembly of the machine’s engine.
Cleaning the breather
Often the engine firm models trimmer glows as a result of clogging breather. The main task of this component is to equalize pressure in the fuel tank. In the case of contamination of the node here a vacuum is formed, which significantly hinders the flow of fuel. Remove the malfunction allows cleaning the breather with an ordinary sewing needle.
Diagnosis of the exhaust duct
Stable operation of the grass trimmer may be impaired by a build-up of dirt in the outlet channel or by a clog in the muffler grid. Such a problem occurs most often during the operation of older trimmer models. The problem can be solved by removing the spark gauze and cleaning it.
How to prevent sudden breakdowns during the operation of the grass trimmer?
To ensure that the machine is always in functional condition, it is worth following a few simple rules:
The lawnmower stops when the engine rpm is high
During operation, a situation arises when, when you press the fuel supply key, the machine speed begins to decrease rather than increase. Failure of this character may be caused by
Fuel hoses of a brushcutter with filter
- by blowing atmospheric air into the combustion chamber;
- Problems with fuel mixture circulation;
- clogging of the breather plug in the fuel tank cap (cleaning the hole with a fine sewing needle);
- improper carburetor adjustment.
If there is air drainage during combustion engine operation check tightness of connections and integrity of gaskets in the cylinder head. Fuel mixture circulation problem may be corrected by unclogging the fuel lines to the carburetor. If there is a vacuum in the tank and the fuel mixture does not come to the carburetor, it is sufficient to clean the breather hole with a fine needle and blow air.
Mower does not rev up.Another reason
the reason is very simple (watch this video)
If the performed operations with the filter you have done, but the work of the grass trimmer, working on gasoline, has remained the same, gasoline trimmer does not gain momentum what to do?
Then you should try removing the filter from the unit to provide what’s called “relief” to the grass trimmer. Why the Chinese lawnmower doesn’t rev up, Husqvarna reason. Should help.
The next and quite common problem when working with a gasoline trimmer is that it just stops, and does not give any signs of life.
In this case, the problem may be as follows:
The last and most common cause of gasoline grass trimmer breakdown is that the cable, which is located in the carburetor department, just slept.
So make sure in advance that it is well stretched, but not to the limit, otherwise when too much load on the gasoline grass trimmer, this little rope can crack and then you will definitely have to go to the service center, and then even throw a lot of money down the drain.
The main causes
The following are possible reasons why the lawn mower or grass trimmer stops when you try to restart and continue the interrupted operation:
- Engine malfunctions;
- failure in the gasoline and oil supply system;
- Damage to the piping (capillaries, hoses, and spigots);
- Faults in the ignition system.
A general description of mower or trimmer problems is not enough here. A clear and immediate repair, high quality service is not possible without specifying the identified cause.
When the throttle is depressed
If the lawnmower stops when you press the throttle, the following conditions may be present.
- A more widespread variant is the failure of the carburetor adjustment, which appears under significant loads on the drive, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism or when using it in harsh criteria.
If the problem is related to the carburetor node, then you can recognize it by the appearance of vibration of the lawnmower. When the hose is burst or the cable is stretched. these components are replaced.
Mower stops at high engine speed
during operation it happens that when you press the button for fuel mixture supply the unit speed does not increase but decreases. Failure of this nature may be caused by:
- The fuel system is not able to start the engine until the atmospheric air has been blown into the combustion chamber;
- malfunctions with the fuel mixture circulation;
- blockage of the breather plug in the fuel tank lid (cleaning the hole with a thin sewing needle);
- improper carburetor adjustment.
If the engine is leaking you need to check the tightness of connection pipes and the integrity of the gaskets in the cylinder head. You can solve the problem with fuel mixture circulation by eliminating blockages in the fuel pipes leading to the carburetor. If there is a vacuum in the tank and the fuel mixture does not come to the carburetor, it is enough to clean the breather with a fine needle and blow with air.
How to start the lawnmower when the engine stalls at home
Particularly difficult to start the mower after a long period of inactivity. What should the user do when the garden equipment fails to work:
- If the device has not been cleaned for a long time. it is necessary to wash the air engine, it is cleaned with gasoline (it is desirable to do this every 24 hours of operation). You can remove the filter from the device and start the machine, if the mower works, this is the reason.
- After the winter, old gasoline residue in the tank can interfere with the operation of the machine. The problem can easily be solved by changing the fuel.
- Not enough oil in the crankcase can also be the reason why the gasoline lawnmower does not start. Check if it’s there, if there’s any fuel in the tank.
- Incorrect positioning of the air damper during the first start-up. At temperatures ≥ 30 C. it should be in the middle position or closed. At restart. open.
- Jammed crankshaft, piston. can be eliminated by a little movement of these parts. The main thing is to do it accurately, so as not to break the mechanism.
- Contamination of the breather plug. the fuel stops flowing, you need to clean the detail.
- Dry threaded connection. in this factor there is no ignition spark, you should lubricate the connection with gasoline.
- Spark plug failure. oil, deposits on spark plug. Unscrew the spark plug, dry it well and clean it with a file. Excess fuel is drained and dried for at least 30 min. spark plug hole. You may need to replace the part if you can not clean it.
- Also check the contact of high-voltage wire and spark plug, check for spark. If the latter does not occur, the ignition system malfunction will be determined and repaired only at the service center.
When to call a workshop
If the machine is under warranty, at the first signs of incorrect operation it can safely be taken to a specialized workshop. Repair is free, regardless of the nature of the damage, if it is not the fault of the owner. If the engine malfunctions, it’s better for the technically inexperienced to call a specialist right away. In all cases, it is the user that decides how serious a fault is.
To summarize. Both gasoline and electric grass trimmers are designed for many years of reliable operation. Most of the problems described above are due to lack of care. As long as the manufacturer’s requirements are strictly adhered to and regular maintenance is performed, the hand-held mower will operate smoothly and without interruptions.
Why the STIHL electric grasshopper does not develop its full power
RPM problems can also occur with an electric grass trimmer. The causes are completely different than those of fuel mowers.
Troubleshooting is possible on your own
trimmer elektricheskim for grass does not develop the required power, because:
- The mains voltage is more than 10% below the minimum required for the device
- Soft start failure has occurred (if such a system is present);
- There is a problem with the brush unit;
- the motor winding has undergone a burnout;
- Sometimes the rotating parts get jammed.
It is best to check the voltage before carrying out a power test. If it does not comply with norms, it should be increased with a stabilizer.
The soft starter can only be repaired by a service center.
If the brushes are worn out simply replace them. When installing new ones, it is advisable to clean all surfaces with which they come into contact.
To adjust the voltage, you should first check the power.
If the motor windings are burning up, the electric motor must be replaced.
Jamming of rotating parts can occur for a variety of reasons. To fix them, you should reconsider the entire drive unit.
The latter problem can also occur with another unit of this company. STIHL pruning shears, and sharpening the disc on the scissors will be the solution.
Malfunctions of the lawnmower and how to fix them
Any type of chain saw has a hollow rod, in which a connecting cable is placed between the engine shaft and the lower gearbox, which transmits the rotation to the working body with the cutting tool. At the top is the carburetor and motor, at the bottom. the gearbox and the working tool, covered by the hood. There is a transverse handle in the middle where the control buttons are located. To unload the hands, there is an unloading belt that holds the boom with the operator’s torso.
When choosing a lawnmower, the machine with a two-stroke engine is preferable to a four-stroke engine. Two-stroke motor is more maneuverable and easier to repair. With a four-stroke unit there is a lower vibration level.
It follows that lawn mower repair consists of troubleshooting;
- Engine does not start;
- the cutting mechanism does not pick up speed;
- engine stalls;
- the reducer is getting warm;
- an unusual noise or heavy boom vibration is heard.
Before eliminating the malfunction, you need to make diagnostics, determine the non-working node.
It is important to know the lubrication points of the tool. Continuous care, cleaning the machine after work will prolong its service life. Before working, you need to tighten the fastening screws, prepare fuel and fill the tank.
Not starting chainsaw engine
If the mechanism does not start, immediately stops, consistently check:
- If there is fuel in the tank;
- the serviceability of the spark plug;
- the air and fuel filter are clean
- Clean the breather plug and exhaust port.
It’s necessary to fill it up with freshly made mixture on the base of АI-92. Oil is injected for exact dosage with a medical syringe. This will help to avoid expensive chainsaw repair.
It is necessary to make sure that the spark plug works, it gives a spark when in contact with the body. In such a case it is necessary to dry the spark plug duct, clean and dry the part itself. You can change the plug, but the channel still need to dry for 40 minutes. Check the serviceability of the high-voltage wire, there may not always be a contact. Trouble in the ignition unit when repairing the lawnmower, you can’t fix it with your own hands.
If with the air filter removed and the engine does not stall, the cause is in it. it needs to be replaced or cleaned. Replace the fuel filter with great care. Then check the breather plug for cleanliness, remove the muffler mesh and clean the exhaust duct.
The next step is to repair the carburetor, where you have to find the problem and fix it, taking into account the tiny size of the parts. If the simplest operations do not bring results, in order not to disturb the fine-tuning of the system, it is better to entrust the repair to a specialist. With what to start diagnosing and how to properly conduct lawn mower repair with your own hands, read on
Immediately after starting the engine
The unit may stall immediately after starting if the carburetor is displaced or incorrectly adjusted. It causes an uneven fuel supply. As a result, the unit clearly vibrates. To correct the defects, the carburetor is readjusted, following the instructions for the mechanism.
In addition, the engine stops when the fuel valve is clogged. In such cases, it is quite easy to clean it. If the brushcutter is working at first, but then suddenly stops, it may be that the fuel has some difficulty getting into the carburetor unit. The problem can be solved by loosening the valve, which allows free circulation of the consistency in the system.
Stopping can also be caused by air leaks if the fuel hose is mechanically damaged (holes, cracks). In this case, increase the speed of the drive to quickly remove air bubbles from the system.
Where to look for the cause or where to start checking
All chainsaws are built the same way and operate on the same principle. How a chainsaw works can be found in this story. It does not matter what brand the tool is. STIHL, Husqvarna, ECHO, Champion, Partner, Sturm and others. Trouble manifested as a chainsaw stopping on the gas, can occur equally in expensive and high-quality tools, as well as in low-cost Chinese devices. If there is a problem, it must be solved.
A chainsaw is a system of mechanisms, consisting of parts. Every part in the mechanism can fail, causing partial or complete failure of the tool. If the tool’s engine starts, it does not mean that the chainsaw is completely serviceable. When the engine stops working at increased RPM, there is a reason for it. With this malfunction, it is necessary to pay attention initially to a number of the following mechanisms of the tool:
- Gas tank. make sure there is fuel. If there is enough fuel, you should also check the serviceability of the fuel filter, the connection of the supply hose to the carburetor, as well as to make sure that the breather is working
These are the main parts and mechanisms that should be checked first, if a malfunction occurs when the chainsaw stops when the gas pedal is pressed. There are other reasons why a chainsaw engine stalls when the throttle trigger is pulled. What else can contribute to this malfunction, as well as the peculiarities of troubleshooting, we will find out further.