Why the STIHL 180 chain saw fails to start?
STIHL 180 Won’t Start When Hot for Reasons
Today, the manufacturer STIHL is in a leading position among other companies that produce equipment for agricultural and construction. The products of this manufacturer is known not only for its high quality level, but also for its optimal pricing and capacity of its models.
It is probably hard enough to meet a person who would not have had a chain saw of this brand.This is one of the world’s most famous companies. But the fact that six out of ten people definitely have them. This is not surprising, since STIHL chain saws offer power on a par with graceful design. But unfortunately even such giants of technology sometimes break down and need some kind of repair. Today we are going to focus on one of the brands from this manufacturer: The STIHL ms 180 chainsaw. And you can read about the STIHL ms 660 here. So here we go.
This model is the pride of the German manufacturer and is a direct tool designed for a small level of work. It can be used for no more than twenty hours a month. This great device will easily help you with tending your garden, making firewood for the winter time (see the “Firewood and Firewood” section of this manual). as to cut down a tree), to make cleared areas, and will be an indispensable assistant in other areas, let’s say, uncomplicated manipulation.
We can say that it is a miniature chainsaw because it has a small weight of 3.9 kg, it does not have a large oil tank and fuel tank. The manufacturer has equipped this device with a two-stroke engine quite enough power for light work.
over, it is quite quiet because during operation the noise level does not exceed 98 dB. So to give you a better understanding of the volume itself, just compare its noise to spoken speech, which is 76 dB.
The power of this model is equal to the indicator 2.6 W. It is worth noting that this is quite a significant level of power, given the fact that it is not a professional chainsaw. The oil tank has a capacity of only 0.145 liters, and the fuel tank is 0.25 liters. The bar has a size of 350 mm, and the pitch. 0.325 in.
STIHL 180 chain saw does not start
Gardening tool owners often find that their STIHL 180 chain saw will not start. Diagnosis reveals that the oil used to lubricate the chain is leaking and flooding the spark plug. The problem can be eliminated independently, the main thing is to understand the device of the tool and follow the repair instructions exactly. Most likely there is a gap in the hose joint between the tank and the oil pump, which can be repaired by simply sealing the joint.
The STIHL STIHL 180 chain saw will not start.
If the STIHL 180 will not start, you can try drying out the spark plug. To do this, unscrew the spark plug and leave it out in the open for a while. Or open and close the gas tank cap to remove any air trapped in the tank. If there is no serious problem, these instructions are just a starting aid.
If your chain saw fires but then shuts down, the carburettor is defective. Clean it and bring it back to normal operating parameters.
If a STIHL 180 chain saw will not start but has a spark, the spark plug is still working and the air cleaner is probably a badly contaminated breather. A clog of dirt is blocking the airflow. And no fuel is coming from the engine. Use a regular needle to clean the breather. In order to. To gain access to the breather plug, remove the fuel hose and have it cleaned and inspected.
If the STIHL chain saw ms 180 does not start when it is hot, i.e. after prolonged use, you need to clean the muffler. If it has accumulated a lot of waste material which can take up more volume as it heats up. And they are interfering with the normal operation of the tool.
Another reason for unusual starting conditions is a lack of chain lubrication. check the oil tank and oil pump for oil in good condition.
STIHL chain saws occasionally have more serious defects and won’t start. For example. cylinder malfunctions. If a part has visible defects on examination, it is the cause.
STIHL 180 chain saw won’t start? Your local RemTechService center is here to pinpoint the cause of the problem and repair it fast and easily.
The saw doesn’t start: causes and solutions
- Speaking of the saw 180, it is necessary to say that this tool has many advantages. At the same time, this machine is not without its disadvantages. These will be the focus of attention.
- A common situation in which many owners find themselves is when the STIHL chain saw does not start and fills the spark plug. Usually it is connected with formation of oil leakage, used for oiling of a chain. Happens for the same reason that over time, the site where the hose connects the oil pump and oil tank, loses its former tightness.
- In principle, this problem is solvable, but to do everything correctly, you need to take into account the design of the saw. The process itself involves certain nuances, first of all, you need to disassemble the unit, and without this it will be impossible to get to the right place.
- For many owners of the STIHL chain saw, the real question is why the STIHL 180 does not start? Experts give the following recommendation on this matter: the first thing to do for those who faced such a problem is to open and then close the cover located on the gas tank. There is another solution. you need to remove the spark plug and let it dry out. You can also create the effect of artificial ventilation for the combustion chamber. often than not, the above tips are enough to get the machine running again. But this does not always help your STIHL chain saw.
- If there is a spark, but trying to start the chainsaw does not lead to anything, it is necessary to check the gasoline, the air filter and then make sure that the spark plug is working. The reason for this is that this kind of fault is most often caused by a contaminated breather plug. And if a plug is formed in it, then, of course, a vacuum environment will be created in the gas tank, due to which the fuel will not come. Such a problem can be solved quite simply, for which it is enough to remove impurities, using a needle.
- Some owners encounter such a problem when the saw itself starts, but immediately begins to stall. The carburetor is the reason for the non-starting of the saw. It is very likely that it has become clogged and therefore does not allow the tool to work properly.
- To make sure that the cause of the malfunction is not the breather valve, and it is in working order, you must first disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor, then find out whether there is any fuel leakage.
- Please keep in mind that it is normal for a chainsaw to have a solid and steady stream of gasoline when it is operating normally. It is also common to see STIHL 180 chain saws that won’t start when hot and then stop immediately, either immediately or after a short period of time. This is usually related to the muffler. Most likely, it has accumulated a lot of deposits associated with prolonged use of the tool, which is usually accompanied by the formation of exhaust.
- At the same time the saw may stop starting if the chain of the tool is badly lubricated. Can contribute to this can be channels that have a plug, or the cause should be looked for in the oil line, which has a leak.
- A serious problem can become a leak in the connection pipes or in the place where the oil pump connections are installed.
- It is also not unheard of for STIHL 180 chain saws to shut down because of a defective cylinder. To see if this is in fact the case, it is sufficient to inspect. If you find bumps and chipping during the inspection, this is a clear sign of a breakdown.
Faulty spark plug: troubleshooting methods
- Sometimes during the inspection it is possible to find out that the problem is a faulty spark plug. In this case, it is removed, then let it dry. Some owners may try to ignite it, but this should not be done, as otherwise the element will be ruined and then it will only have to be thrown away. During troubleshooting, you will have to remove the excess fuel by draining it through a special hole.
- You should also keep in mind that the drying time should be at least half an hour. After completing such an operation, you can put it back in place and then try it out.
- In some cases, the spark plug can fail because of the exhaustion of its life. Usually, when this is confirmed, the only option left is to look for a replacement for the spark plug. In this case, it is a good idea to have a spare spark plug, or better yet, have a whole set of them on hand. In this case, you can always put a new spark plug in place of the existing one and see if the fault is caused by a failed spark plug.
- At the same time, the inability to start the chainsaw may be caused by a weak contact provided by the high-voltage wire and the end of the spark plug. The problem with starting the chainsaw may be due to a malfunction of the ignition unit. In such situations the only solution to the problem is to replace the faulty unit, because it is not repairable.
- Relevant for many owners is the question concerning the correct idling after emptying the fuel from the gasoline tanks. According to experts, there is no need to worry about it. However, if you have to face such a problem often, it is enough to make manipulations with the carburetor, reducing engine revolutions, in order to restore normal operation of the tool.
- In some cases, the owner may need to perform cleaning of the muffler, because this part may be the cause of the malfunction. To perform this operation is simple enough. It should be remembered that many owners face problematic operation of the chainsaw because of a faulty carburetor.
- Although in some cases it can be quite simple to fix the malfunction, but it is preferable if this technique is repaired by specialists. After all, not every one of us has the necessary knowledge and skills, and this is fraught with the fact that during independent troubleshooting there is a risk of completely disabling the tool.
What to do if the chainsaw does not start. ways of elimination
So, if in fact, when the reasons do not start the chain saw have been found out, it is possible to address them, of course, in the presence of appropriate knowledge and practical gasoline access skills. Depending on the causes of the fault, the first measures to be taken when the saw breaks down can be taken on site or in a specialist workshop. So, and established and ways to eliminate defects, the first of which can act:
- The starter must be replaced if the reason for the lack of winding of the saw is the critical state of this component.
- Inspect the entire ignition system, even down to the spark plugs, for faults or wear, especially if there is a spark when starting, but the tool still does not want to start, apparently because the spark plugs have dried out.
- If there is no start of the chainsaw on the cold system, most likely: the piston group is destabilized, the mating contacts are missing, the fuel and lubricants do not match the consistency.
- STIHL chain saw doesn’t run on hot because of worn out seals and other components.
In order that self-diagnostics and repair without practical experience do not become the cause of even greater damage, the company “Kosi Kosa for grass” recommends to address to the masters. If the cause is extremely serious, and the repair involves losses, we are ready to offer a replacement to choose a STIHL chainsaw of the desired brand or a saw of another manufacturer in our store.
Chainsaw repair and basic chainsaw parts at Kosi Kosa
For the repair of gasoline saws, when a failure to start has occurred, the KosiKosa range offers a variety of spare parts, by type of starter rings, springs, clutch elements and other. The high quality of each of them and compliance with the model range of gasoline tools allows you to make repairs immediately after the failure to start the saw. By contacting us, the mother will clearly describe the cause of the failure and find the right action. For example, if the spark plug is wet on a tool that is not working, then you will not just need to replace it, but also remove the cause of why the spark plug is wet and blocks start. In the hands of KosiKasa specialists every chainsaw will start a new life, regardless of whether it is a new saw under warranty or has been in operation for a decent amount of time.
Checking the carburetor and signs of adjustment
A correctly working carburetor guarantees the maximum efficiency of the chainsaw, i.e. possible development of full power at the most economical consumption of the fuel mixture. This unit is usually adjusted at the factory, but it is designed to be adjusted while in service.
The fact that such tuning will have to be done by the owner of a chainsaw is evidenced by:
- Severe vibration or damage to the protective cap.
- Worn cylinder heads.
- Clogged carburetor.
- Impossibility to start the engine or its spontaneous stops after start.
- Increase in fuel consumption and emissions with a simultaneous drop in engine output.
Adjusting the carburetor chainsaw is carried out in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions with three special screws, which are responsible for the maximum (“M”) and minimum (“L”) speeds, as well as the engine idle speed (“T”). In order to prevent an inexperienced user from interfering with the carburetor, some manufacturers install only one idle speed screw.
Starting the engine: check the spark plugs
If the chainsaw won’t start, the first thing to do is check the fuel consistency in the fuel tank. By the way, it should be prepared in the proportions indicated by the manufacturer of the motor, otherwise the tool simply will not start.
If you are satisfied that the fuel mixture is correct and available then the ignition system should be checked. As a result, more fuel is entering the carburetor, the chainsaw carburetor will help. To do this, look around the spark plug.
Its condition can tell you a lot:
indicates that the fuel mixture is not getting into the carburetor, which means the discrepancy is not in the ignition;
is the result of an overabundance of fuel consistency, which lies either in a violation of the method of starting the motor, or in the wrong adjustment of the carburetor;
No spark on the STIHL 180 chain saw
The main problem that causes the STIHL ms 180 chain saw not to start may be a lack of spark between the electrodes on the spark plug. Signs of this malfunction can be detected by unscrewing the spark plug and inspecting the. If you find upon inspection that the spark plug is wet, you should begin to look for the cause of the lack of spark on the spark plug.
Faulty spark plug
The first thing to do. check the serviceability of the spark plug.
It is rather easy to do. The spark plug is inserted into the cap of the high-voltage wire and pressed to the engine cylinder, after which the starter is moved several times, if there is no spark between the electrodes of the plug, then it is faulty or the ignition module is defective.
To check whether the spark plug is working, you should do it with the ignition on.
In order to find out for sure that the problem is in the spark plug, it is necessary to check the spark plug in the same way. If the check shows a spark, the problem is found and to fix the problem replace the spark plug with a new one.
Problems with the ignition coil
The ignition coil, it is also called the module has an undismantled design, so it is very difficult to determine its performance without a special tool. If the spark on a working spark plug still does not appear, you suspect that the coil is to blame. But do not immediately remove the old coil and run to the store, the problems may be of a slightly different nature.
No gap between flywheel and ignition module
In some cases, the lack of spark on the spark plug, due to improper gap between the contacts of the ignition module or flywheel. It may be larger or there may be no gap at all, in which case there are scratches on the flywheel surface as a result of contact with the coil contacts.
To check and set the gap, without having a special tool. you can. To do this you will need to remove the starter, loosen the two screws fixing the coil and putting a plate cut out of a plastic bottle between the contacts of the flywheel and the ignition module, tighten the screws fixing the module.
If after such a clearance adjustment the spark appeared, everything is okay, you can continue to work with the STIHL 180 chain saw, if not, you need to re-inspect and check if the flywheel is not rubbing on the coil contacts again. Suppose as a result of the test it is found that after adjusting the backlash, it is again no longer there. So the cause is probably the crankshaft bearings.
Defective crankshaft bearings
If there is a defect in the crankshaft bearings, there is little play on the crankshaft. Check for play by turning the STIHL 180 chain saw from side to side. If there is play, it means that the flywheel is attracted by its magnets to the ignition coil contacts, i.e. к. Bearing play allows it to do this and causes the spark to go out.
Crankshaft bearing replacement
It is best to have the crankshaft bearings replaced at a professional service facility, because. к. Replacing it involves completely dismantling the STIHL 180 chain saw and removing all major components.
Without some experience or at least the skills to repair similar chainsaws, you can’t do a quality crankshaft bearing replacement.
So we’ve got the spark off, but what happens if the spark is there but you don’t know why the STIHL 180 doesn’t start? The cause may be in the fuel system.
Block: 2/3 | Character count: 3415
Service for your chainsaw
Chain saw maintenance includes:
- The STIHL STIHL-180 STIHL fuel system has a wide variety of features and makes it easy to choose. Keep the correct proportions when doing this;
- Never use fuel that is more than two weeks old. Check and clean the fuel and oil tanks regularly or else the engine will stutter or won’t start at all;
- Clean the air filter regularly. It has an uncomplicated device and this operation does not require much effort from you;
- Always turn the bar after sharpening the chain to extend the life of the bar;
- Check and clean oil inlet and outlet oil holes, oil channel, and bar groove regularly and thoroughly. If the automatic lubrication system is defective, your saw will not start or will stop;
Fuel system malfunctions of the STIHL 180
In some cases, as a rule, if there is a spark on the spark plug, when examining it, you can see that it has a wet patina, this indicates an excessive supply of fuel into the combustion chamber and as a consequence the inability to ignite the fuel mixture.
The candle is flooding
A condition where the spark fails to ignite a large quantity of fuel is commonly referred to as spark plug plug-in. The cause of the malfunction lies in the carburetor, or in improperly starting a cold engine. If you suspect that something is wrong with the engine, first of all flush it.
Algorithm of blowing off the engine
Important: in no case “purging” the engine with the ignition on and near an open fire.
- Remove the spark plug;
- Turn the STIHL 180 chain saw upside down and drain off the excess fuel;
- While upside down, pull the chainsaw starter several times (this will remove excess fuel from the cylinder by compression);
- Install the spark plug and the cap of the high-voltage wire in place;
- Set the engine control lever to the hot start position;
- Pull the starter several times and start the engine.
If your STIHL chain saw is okay and the cold start was just a malfunction, it should start after a “blow-by”. Otherwise, the fault should be looked for in the carburetor.
No fuel supplied
This type of malfunction, as well as the others, has its own characteristic sign. It is absolutely dry when the working spark plug has a spark. To check suspicion of no fuel supply, you can use the following algorithm.
Testing for no fuel supply
- Unscrew the spark plug;
- With the help of a syringe, pour 1-2 cc of fuel mixture into the spark plug hole;
- Install spark plug and put on cap of high-voltage wire;
- Place engine lever in hot start position;
- Pull the starter a few times.
If after a few pulls the starter motor the STIHL 180 chain saw starts and immediately stops, then the suspicion of a fuel shortage is confirmed and you can proceed with further testing of the fuel line.
Diagnostics of a fuel line
As a rule, diagnostics of the fuel system begins with checking the condition of the fuel filter. To do this unscrew the tank lid and with the help of a bent aluminum wire pull out the fuel hose from the tank, with a filter at the end.
After removing the filter you can blow into it and if no air flows then the problem is fixed. If everything is alright, then it is necessary to check the system for clogging.
To check the fuel hose, it is necessary to disconnect it in the place where it connects to the carburetor, then blow into it. A clogged hose can be cleaned mechanically, if it is impossible, replace with a new one.
If the supply hose and fuel filter are normal, but there is no fuel supply, the cause may be a malfunction in the air pulse to the fuel pump.
Check the pulse from the engine crankcase
The fuel pump on the STIHL MS 180 is fitted directly to the carburettor and runs on impulses from the engine compartment of the STIHL chain saw. The impulse is conducted through a pulse channel in the rubber hose between the carburettor and cylinder.
If the channel is clogged, there may be a problem with fuel supply or no fuel at all. To check the nozzle, remove the air cleaner housing and carburettor and use a thin metal wire to check for blockage.
All rubber parts on a STIHL 180 chain saw should be checked for cracks from time to time. If defects are detected, the defective elements must be replaced with new ones.
Another reason related to the lack of pulse in the nozzle channel is the depressurization of the engine crankcase, resulting in air leakage from the crankcase and reducing or completely stopping its flow to the fuel pump. The result of depressurization is a partial or complete loss of fuel pump performance. To check the tightness of the oil seals on the crankshaft and the crankcase of the STIHL 180 chain saw in general, use a special vacuum gauge, but as it is a special-purpose tool, it is usually available only in service centers. The question arises as to what to do?
Check the impulse on the engine with the carburettor removed and with a syringe. You will need to fill a syringe with a little oil to lubricate the engine and squeeze it into the pulse channel of the spigot, then pull the starter. If the pulse does not go through, the oil will remain in the channel and you should look for the cause deeper, disassemble the engine and check the seals. If it is leaking, the problem may be in the fuel pump.
The main element of the fuel pump is a special diaphragm that moves in the pump housing. If it is ruptured, the fuel supply to the carburettor and engine of the STIHL 180 chain saw will be cut off. Check the integrity of the membrane can be checked visually with the removed fuel pump cover, in the presence of defects (tears, cracks) it can be replaced, using the repair kit for the carburetor.
If your STIHL 180 chain saw won’t start and you’re having a hard time finding out what to do to fix the problem, don’t just drop everything and search for “STIHL chain saw 180 won’t start” in the search engine. Below you will find a video tutorial which explains in detail why the STIHL 180 chain saw won’t start, and why it won’t start when hot.
This is a very good quality saw. So it’s all about three things. First of all all chainsaws do not start well in the cold. Secondly, you should always keep the filter in the suction pipe clean, which means you should take apart the housing, take out the filter and clean it. And thirdly, you have to use the suction, which is located at the bottom of the body in the form of a button. If you do not have it, it means you have saved money badly or you just do not know about primer existence in principle.
The essentials in a nutshell
This model represents the pride of the German manufacturer and is a concrete tool created for a minor level of work. You can use it for less than 20 hours every month. This nice device will easily help you with the care of your garden, to prepare wood for the winter time (see Pic. like sawing down a tree), produce cleared areas, and will also be an indispensable helper in other areas of, shall we say, uncomplicated manipulation.
We can say that this mini chainsaw model, as it has a small weight of 3.9 kg, it doesn’t have much weight in both the oil tank and the fuel tank. The manufacturer has equipped this device with a two-stroke engine quite enough power for light work.
over, it is very quiet because during operation the noise level is less than 98dB. So that you better understand the volume itself, just compare its noise with spoken speech, which has a value of 76 dB.
The power output of this model is rated at 2.6 W. Why the STIHL ms 180 chain saw does not start well. It is worth noting that this is quite a significant level of power, given that it is not a professional chainsaw. The oil tank only has a capacity of 0.145 liters, and the fuel tank. 0.25 liters. The bar has a size of 350 mm, and the pitch is 0.325 inches.
The basis of this type of plant, like all other chainsaws, is the carburetor. But since we’re talking about the Shtil 180 chainsaw today, it doesn’t stray from the subject. So. The carburetor in this model has one tuning screw, that is, it is a kind of screw that sets the idle. As long as the fully loaded jet is stationary.
In simple terms, we can say that it simply can’t be adjusted (see. Here), while the full-load setting can’t just change. It is important that the carburetor is designed at the factory so that regardless of the conditions in which the chainsaw works directly, the air-fuel mixture is fed to the engine.
Do not start the saw: causes and solutions
First of all, it is worth noting the fact that the 180 saw of this manufacturer is one of the best in its “creations”, but also has its drawbacks. Actually, what we are talking about now.
- Quite often the problem is that the saw 180 shaft length does not start and floods the spark plug. The reason for this is that the oil that is poured to lubricate the chain begins to leak. Since time is merciless and just breaking the seal is done where the hose itself is connected to the oil pump and the oil tank. Naturally, this problem can be solved, but given the design of this chainsaw, it won’t be that easy to perform, as you’ll just have to completely disassemble the unit to, as they say, get to the right place. The video shows more clearly: https: //www.YouTube.com/watch? V = UOsYJBOVuwg
- Many people are concerned about this question: why not start a Shtil 180 chainsaw? If you believe the experts, in this situation, you need to first make the opening and then close the cap, which is on the gas cylinder. Either take it or do a spark plug drying. Or try resetting the combustion chamber. In most cases, this kind of manipulation is enough to make the device work. But there are cases when Chainsaw Steer doesn’t start, but there is a spark
- In the above case, you need to make a direct test of the gasoline supply, the air filter and the direct operation of the spark plugs. Because the basis of this kind of failure is a respray, namely its contamination. Because when it is completely clogged, there is a vacuum in the gasoline tank itself, which just interferes with the fuel supply process. It’s not hard to solve this problem, because all you have to do is clean it out using a needle.
- In addition, there are situations where the unit is basically wounded, but immediately extinct.
Check the breather plug and clean it.
The breather is another element, from the improper operation of which the chainsaw may not start or stall while sawing. This element is located on the fuel tank cap in the area of the air hole. The STIHL STIHL-180 is a fuel surge valve. It is a valve that keeps fuel from flowing and equalizes the air pressure needed for free fuel intake into the carburetor.
If the breather plug is clogged, the chain saw stops working and refuses to start when it is started. The reason is that the air stops flowing through the hole. As a consequence, a negative pressure (vacuum) is created inside the fuel tank, preventing the flow of gasoline to the carburetor.
Determining the problem is fairly simple. Disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor and see what happens to the gasoline. If it flows freely in a good jet, the breather is okay. If it is absent or flows weakly and intermittently, then the reason is identified. the breather plugged with dirt. You can solve the problem by cleaning the air hole with an ordinary needle or a powerful jet of compressed air.
Checking the chainsaw exhaust port.
One of the reasons that the chainsaw does not start well, can become clogged exhaust duct or its muffler. In this case, there is a drop in power while sawing lumber and logs. This is most often caused by tar deposits on the spark arrester or muffler channel that form during combustion of a poor-quality mixture of gasoline and oil, preventing exhaust gases from escaping.
A clogged resonator can cause a gasoline saw to start poorly
Eliminate the cause of poor chain saw starting in this case by removing the accumulated combustion products. To do this, perform a series of manipulations:
- Remove the muffler by loosening the screws;
- Remove the cooling panel and gasket;
- Remove the spark arrester;
- Disassemble the resonator housing;
- Wash all the elements of the fouling with a detergent;
- Allow them to air dry completely;
- Reassemble in the reverse order
To prevent dust and sand from entering the cylinder while you are cleaning the muffler, cover the muffler’s exhaust port with a clean rag.
WHAT TO DO IF THE CHAINSAW STILL WON’T START?
If the initial inspection did not yield anything, or the defects were eliminated during the search, and the chain saw still will not start, then you need to look for more serious reasons. It is best to have a service center diagnose and repair such problems. However, with experience, you can find and eliminate them yourself. What to diagnose and check?
In the first case, checking the compression in the cylinder will clarify the state of the cylinder piston group (CPG) chainsaw does not want to start in the cold. You’ll need a compressometer for this. The instrument is screwed in place of the spark plug and the engine is idled. Measuring readings helps to judge the state of the cylinder head. In the absence of a compressometer to determine the compression in the cylinder can be at a glance as follows:
Putting a finger on the spark plug hole and twitching the starter, you can check the compression in the cylinder.
If you feel that the finger strongly retracts into the candle channel, then there is nothing wrong with the compression. If there is no air in the compression chamber, that is a sign of malfunction. The cylinder-piston group needs a more detailed inspection, which will give an idea of the condition of the piston and cylinder, piston rings and bearings.
Not start the chainsaw in the cold can also due to lack of compression in the engine crankcase. The main reason is that the gasket between the cylinder and the crankcase is damaged. Detecting lack of compression is quite easy:
- Disconnect the upper tube from the carburetor;
- Pour gasoline into a regular cap;
- Dip the removed tube into the fuel;
- Pull the starter a few times.
If fuel is drawn in from the cap when you start the chainsaw starter, then there is nothing wrong with the compression. If there is no compression. check the gasket.
If fuel is drawn in, everything is fine. the gasket is intact. Otherwise you have to buy a repair kit and replace it. How to do this, see the video, why the Chinese chainsaw does not start:
Tool can be difficult to start if carburetor is not operating properly or if it is broken. It often happens that while you are sawing, the fastening screws loosen and air gets sucked into the cylinder. Check carburetor is securely fastened. Check for fuel leaks. There could be many causes. The carburetor can only be accurately determined, repaired and fine-tuned at a service center.
By going through the step-by-step defectology of your chainsaw engine, you can find the fault, fix it yourself, and successfully start your working tool. Do not undertake those types of work in which you are not sure. Have the cause of the fault traced and repaired by a qualified technician.