Briggs Lawnmower Oil Change
The engines used in lawn mowers have specific requirements. When buying a lawn mower, the consumer pays attention to the ease of starting, reliability, low noise, the ratio of overall dimensions and power. All these requirements are met by Briggs products. & Stratton is a classic of this niche.
Trademarks using B engines&S for lawn mowers
Briggs Stratton engine for lawn mowers are installed on their units by well-known manufacturers of garden tools.
Note! The Briggs and Stratton Lawnmower may be manufactured by a third party, but carry the name B&S because of the motor installed on it.
This brand is equipped with engine B&S models of the Zero Turn class:
- IS ® 5100Z;
- IS ® 3200Z;
- IS ® 2600Z;
- IS ® 2100Z;
- IS ® 700Z;
- IS ® 600Z;
- F210Z Fleet;
- F160Z Fleet.
Lawn Mower Briggs & Stratton
The class of self-propelled models are:
The non-self-propelled model of this brand is the SRS ™ Z1.
The line of this brand is the NX series:
A number of gasoline models:
Briggs gas mower & Stratton JL43Z1
A wide range of mowers from the Murray trademark:
Video: Briggs Lawnmower Oil Change
Operation of units with B engines&S
In order for the Briggs Stratton Lawn Mower to last a long time and consume less fuel, the rules must be followed and its maintenance carried out in a timely manner.
- Refuel the engine only with clean fuel.
- Do not mix gasoline with oil.
- Monitor the condition of the air filter and replace it if necessary.
- Use Fuel Fit® from B&S.
- Timely conduct maintenance:
- regularly monitor the level of engine oil, top up it as necessary and replace every 50 hours of operation;
- monitor the condition of the blades, sharpen or change them if necessary;
- clean decks clogged with chopped grass in a timely manner.
Important! Before starting any maintenance, always carefully read the corresponding section of the operating instructions.
Typical malfunctions and their elimination
Some common problems can be easily fixed:
- If the starter cable is pulled with force, the mower is most likely clogged with grass. It will need to be cleaned. Another cause of the malfunction is the engine flywheel brake applied.
- If the engine does not start, the cause may be a faulty spark plug (it should be replaced), a dirty air filter (need cleaning or replacement), a clogged fuel filter (must be replaced).
- The same malfunctions can cause loss of power to the unit. In this case, you should additionally check the height of mowing the grass and, if necessary, reduce it. Also check the carburetor adjustment.
- The grass does not cut, but stretches. a sign of blunting, breaking, or bending knives (milling cutter). Knives must be sharpened or replaced.
- The appearance of dark smoke, as a rule, does not mean anything dangerous. either too much oil is poured, or it fell on the hot parts of the device and after a while it simply burns out. But if the smoke is light, this can indicate a serious malfunction, and you should consult a specialist.