How Long Can You Cut With The Trimmer
Why mow the grass
Weed grass has good adaptability to any growing conditions and grows everywhere. If the weeds are NOT destroyed, then in a couple of years they will turn any area into a wild field. Weeds reproduce not only by seeds, but also by rhizomes. Thus, it will take a lot of time to remove some types of vegetation.
Growing weeds quickly master the useful area of the site, intensively consume nutrients and moisture from the soil. It is impossible to destroy uninvited flora that grows next to useful plants using chemical means.
This will lead to the death of all vegetation. It is for these reasons that mowing the grass is a must. For the rational use of your time, you need to choose the right tool for Mowing:
- It is necessary to mow with a lawn mower on a flat large area. a lawn or a recreation area;
- It is convenient to use the trimmer in any area if the grass height is from 5 to 10 cm.
- Oblique mow Tall grass or vegetation on uneven ground.
When choosing a tool, it must be remembered that the older the braid, the better metal was used to make it. Modern braids are significantly inferior in quality to Soviet ones. The size of the tool is indicated by a number from 3 to 9. The number determines the length of the blade: the larger the number, the longer the braid.
How he sharpens a braid with a bar
Sharpening a braid with a bar can be difficult for a beginner. Here, as in any other business, there is its own instruction:
- Lean the Kosovishche on the ground, while the blade and the bar should be in your hands;
- The tool in this position has two planes: upper and lower;
- The upper one is sharpened with a sliding motion along the blade from itself to the side;
- The lower plane is sharpened by moving the bar with an effort upward from itself forward.
Bar for sharpening braids
How to properly mow the grass with a hand scythe
There are several situations in which a scythe in a summer cottage or suburban area can be optimally useful:
- The rains have passed, and the grass has grown greatly;
- There is too much grass for the trimmer, but there is a lawn mower;
- It is necessary to mow the grass in an inconvenient place for the lawn mower (uneven soil, near shrubs or trees).
If the grass is too tall. more than 15 cm, then the trimmer will scatter it in the form of small debris throughout the area. In order to remove the mown vegetation quickly and without unnecessary debris, it is advisable to use a hand scythe. How to use it will be discussed in this article.
How to properly mow the grass: technique
A good mowing is ensured by a well-selected working tool and its preparation for work.
Instructions for preparing for mowing:
- The tool must be sharp and will NOT blunt while mowing. Sharpen it on an abrasive wheel. The width of the circle is 1.5-2 cm, the blade is moistened during sharpening so that it is wet. The lower part is sharpened.
- Chipping is performed using a special hammer. The purpose of the beating is to prevent the blade from dulling quickly when cutting.
- Both planes of the braid are sharpened with a bar. If you have no experience in sharpening such a tool, then it is advisable to find a professional.
- Initial position of the mower: take the tool; in work, the trunk will bend slightly, following the movement of the arms; the supporting leg is slightly in front; the trunk is slightly returned to the left.
- The sweep of the mower will consist of two parts: first, the tool goes in one direction, then in the other.
- The sweep is NOT wide; arms move like pendulums. from right to left and then a second swing from right to left.
- The sweep is smooth. there should be no tension in the hands, otherwise you will quickly get up.
- For comfortable mowing, the handle should be at waist level.
- When the mower is mowing, the heel of the scythe rakes the cut plants and folds them to the side of the mow. It turns out a grass swath.
The mow should be straight, its width should not change. : How to properly mow the grass with a hand scythe
Where and when they mow the grass
The grass must be cut as it grows. Intensive growth of vegetation occurs at the end of April. May, especially after rains.
The cut grass must be immediately removed from the site, as unharvested parts of the plants can grow on wet ground. Further mows can be done every 2-3 weeks, depending on the growth of vegetation. If you do not start growth, then you can mow small shoots with a trimmer as they appear.
In hot weather, plant growth slows down and mows less often. In the heat, do not mow the lawn too low. the grass will start to burn out.
The last mowing on the lawns is in October.
The man who mows the grass
The mower puts his legs so that a comfortable support is formed during movement (the distance between the heel is about 35 cm) and brings the supporting leg forward.
- The swing consists of two techniques: the tool moves to the right, then a return movement to the left. The blade cuts the plants. Try to grab NOT more than 15 cm of grass.
- After 1-2 strokes, step forward with the left foot.
- Again 2 swing and step forward with the right leg.
- DO NOT slouch as your back muscles will get tired and you will NOT be able to work for long.
- Watch your breathing technique. Take your time, just try to do the movements correctly.
Now that you know how to mow and how to sharpen a scythe, remember that this is a traumatic tool and you need to handle it carefully, especially if there are other people around you. Also, do not get distracted while mowing, so as not to injure the slanting leg.
Use a disc as a cutting element because meadow vegetation is tougher than usual. It is better than fishing line specifically for hay in that it cuts through dry grass better. This way, the grass will not get stuck on the line, which could result in poor engine performance. Hay does not need to be cut small, it should be quite tall, so try to cut the hay at the root.
In order to mow the lawn efficiently and quickly, you need to follow the technique and know some features that will save you time and effort. You can work faster, now we’ll tell you how.
Divide your site into zones. This will help you understand how much you need to complete. Also, you will not have the misconceptions about whether you have already worked here and whether you have passed the second time. For the first time in the seasons, the lawn is mowed at a level of 4-5 cm, gradually decreasing to 3-4. Mowing rates We set ourselves. You can keep more, less. It all depends only on you.
If the motor is located underneath, the likelihood of moisture ingress will be even higher. It is also not recommended to work with the trimmer in the rain all for the same reasons. The ingress of water can cause a short circuit, which in the future may develop into a malfunction of the unit. Therefore, it is better to wait for more favorable weather for work.
It is recommended to work clockwise. It is this direction that will leave the grass cut by you on the outside of the entire mowed area. Hold the coil NOT lower than 5 centimeters during operation. This is a safe mowing option, which is well suited for those who have recently started using such equipment. When it comes to working in a fence or other places where you only need to mow a small part, then use the edge of the line. This will help ensure that the engine will not overload and wear out.
The general rules of use should definitely be reminded to those who are thinking for the first time about how to remove grass with a trimmer and do not yet know how to use it. It is these foundations that will help you start cleaning your site with high quality.
Among summer residents, there is a tendency to use trimmers more and more often, because, unlike lawn mowers, they allow you to remove grass in hard-to-reach places, and professional models can even help you process tree branches. Another advantage of the trimmer is the ability to work at height and dusty branches, which can also greatly help in cleaning on your territory.
Another important point is safety. Since lawn mowers have a high rotation speed (they reach several thousand revolutions per minute), even a small stone can fly out at high speed and cause harm to a working person.
Check and inspect all trimmer parts before starting work. Ensure trimmer operation. Since they are electric and gasoline, you will need to organize their work depending on the type of equipment. Electric should be plugged into the power supply and charged if it is not charged, and gasoline should be refueled, if required.
When starting up for the first time, let the trimmer run in. If you bought a new device, then you need to let it run for a few minutes without load in order for the motor, knives, fishing lines, and rotating elements to start. This can be called a kind of warming up for equipment, in addition, it can help prevent some troubles before direct work, because the assembly and quality of garden equipment are different.
Running in an electric trnimmer includes several stages.
- To get started, start and work with the trimmer for a short time, literally 5 minutes.
- Then you can increase the running time up to 10 minutes, but it is necessary to watch the motor so that it does not overheat.
- After several trials, the electric trimmer can be used on a permanent basis. Do not forget about the engine cooling system, which is available as an additional function on some models.
If you do not know which type of mowing is best to start with, then it is better to try cutting a low lawn with fishing line. This will allow the engine to run smoothly. No need to immediately load it with a large amount of work.
Mowing tall grass
This requires special attention. Tall grass needs more careful processing than simple grass. The fact is that there is an effect of winding the vegetation onto a coil. In this case, the grass remains on it and prevents the mechanism from rotating at full power. This significantly slows down the process and reduces the number of revolutions.
To prevent this from happening, go through the path in several stages. Gradually cut a certain amount down the height, going down and down the stem.
It should also be borne in mind that if your technique is working recently, then mowing tall grass can be even more difficult. Therefore, DO NOT run for long periods of time to avoid overloading the motor. It will be enough 15-20 minutes with a break of 15 minutes. Since it is better to cut the grass in several stages, do not forget about the grass catcher. It will start to clog very quickly and this will lead to problems with the instrument. Clean thoroughly so that the next cleaning does not take too long.
How to properly cut grass with a trimmer?
In the midst of the summer season, people who have their own plots have a problem. It lies in the fact that after winter and spring, grass and other vegetation grows very quickly in THESE areas. Today we will consider options for mowing grass. For example, it is better to disassemble ordinary trimmers, since they provide a person with more scope for action due to direct movement with this technique, and they are very inexpensive.
To create a level lawn surface, try to work your greenery as low as possible with your garden equipment. So all the grass will be the same height, which will make the coverage even and beautiful. Don’t forget to tilt. For best results, tilt the device at least 30 degrees towards the grass surface. This will cut the grass as low as possible. Any other irregularities can be removed with garden shears, if any.
How to put on and hold correctly?
The quality of your work also depends on what technique you use. For proper technique, you must be able to hold the unit, and for convenience, put it on correctly. The point is that not all trimmers are equipped with a shoulder strap. If you have one, then you need to put it on so that you feel comfortable. There are models of devices, the belt of which can be uncomfortable, so try to put on the trimmer as conveniently as possible.
Another function is to adjust this belt. On higher quality models, its convenience was assigned a special role and special positions were made, which will allow the scythe manager to NOT experience inconvenience. You can adjust the belt in height, choosing the one you need.
Now let’s talk about how to properly hold the unit. Different types of trimmers have different handles. For some, it is made in the form of a bicycle handlebar (which ensures the distribution of the load on both hands). On some units, you can see the handle in the shape of the letter D. The bicycle version must be held with both hands, and firmly.
Despite the rubberized grips, it’s best to rely on yourself and NOT rely on them NOT to slip. Hold the D-shaped grip with one hand and palm to provide a wider grip. This will give you complete control of the stick, which will have a positive impact on handling.
Before using the technique, it will be advisable for you to read the instructions from the manufacturer itself and familiarize yourself with the general functions and structure of the trimmer. Functions To be located on the control stick. Understanding the building blocks and components is helpful in the sense that you know how you can and should handle it. Select the load for the motor, work for the cutting elements. all this will be useful to you during operation.
Pay attention to the following points.
- First of all, it is technique. She has failures and breakdowns. Before work, carefully check all the components of your technique, because mowing the lawn with such tools is an important matter. You need to check the filters (clean if necessary), the fuel level, cutting elements (in case of a malfunction, it is better to take the knives to the master), the engine and other parts. This can be done after work, but some manufacturers recommend it.
- Some trimmers have engine cooling and vibration damping systems, but they are NOT everywhere. Therefore, watch out for the heating of the motor during operation, because its overheating can lead to problems. Occasionally draw your attention to bolts and other items. Although the extinguishing system can work, but on some representatives of garden assistants, the paper clips are still gradually unwound, in total it will lead to breakage.
- Sometimes it also happens that the turnover falls. In this case, first check all filters, and then try to work. Testing technique is much better for direct action.
- If parts are broken, it is better to contact a technical center. DO NOT try to repair the equipment yourself, as this can only accelerate the breakdown. Mechanics have a complete understanding of this technique, you better trust them.
How to work with the trimmer correctly, see below.
Features of the situation
Of course, such a question will NOT arise before the topic of who lives in the immediate vicinity of the lawn. Then you can wait a while and work when the grass dries up. But the need to remove wet grass arises immediately if you can visit the site only occasionally. What to do if you have to mow the lawn on the weekend, on another day with rainy weather, that’s the subtlety. The opinions of the summer residents themselves differ, so there is no particular sense in focusing on their position. You need to understand the nuances yourself.
Is it possible to mow wet grass with a trimmer and lawn mower and how to do it?
Arrangement of a suburban area (and even a local area in a city) is a very difficult matter. Especially because you have to look after the farm all the time. Many people also have questions about how to do this or that work, for example, is it possible to cut wet grass with a trimmer.
The role of equipment
It should be pointed out from the outset that there are two main types of trimmers, which differently “relate” to wet vegetation. Some devices are equipped with a gasoline engine, others are set in motion by connecting to the mains or installing a battery. In turn, electric mowers are divided into two subgroups: from the location of the motor in the lower or upper part of the apparatus. Safe enough for the user to remove damp grass can only be gasoline trimmers or hand scythes.
In this case, it is absolutely undesirable to use an electric lawn mower. Sometimes you can find statements that this requirement applies only to devices with a lower motor placement. Such an electric motor comes into direct contact with water. Due to this contact, you can be afraid of a short circuit.
If water does get inside the power plant, there is a feature not only of a short circuit, but also of an electric shock. It is worth noting that these restrictions apply not only to trimmers, but also to full-fledged lawn mowers. The assurances of manufacturers and marketers about safety are not worth taking into account. To minimize the risk to yourself and your equipment, you should use a lawn mower. But there are a few more subtleties that must be taken into account.
Even if the mower does NOT fail, and its owner will not be electrocuted (for example, such a favorable situation per minute), it is still impossible to mow wet grass with a trimmer. This is a deliberately abnormal mode of operation, due to which the equipment wears out too quickly. Wet vegetation is much more resistant to cutting elements than it should be. Therefore, even very well insulated motors operate with overload.
Due to the sticking of wet grass to the knives and to the spindle, the load on them will necessarily increase. This cannot be avoided, and no skill of mowers, no methods and schemes of lawn clearing help. Not only the motor suffers, but also the shaft, which sometimes turns.
Problems when mowing wet grass can also arise with gasoline machines. Yes, they are more powerful than their electrical counterparts, but the load still exceeds normal values. First of all, piston pairs and other moving parts are “under attack”. If there is no way out other than using a gasoline mower, you need to take care of it. When mowing raw grass, the device is periodically switched to idle mode without load. 30 seconds is enough to remove excess heat and save the trimmer resource.
And also in different situations
When talking about mowing wet grass, the following possible situations must be distinguished:
- It is wet after the rain;
- It is raining;
- Moisture is caused by a wet area (lowland or groundwater).
In the first case, it is quite possible to take a risk and try to put things in order with a lawn mower. In the second, mowing is impractical. In the third, you will first have to deal with moisture and only then puts the lawn or lawn in order. If you often have to mow wet grass after rain or “through dew” in a small area, then it is better to use NOT a trimmer, and not lawn mowers, but a simple hand scythe. You need to look Not only at the grass that is removed, but also at where the power cable is put.
Moisturizing it can be a very serious risk factor. For mowing after rain, you need to wait a little. A few minutes, even with a very big rush, will not significantly reduce the time that can be allocated for mowing.
As for the mowing of raw grass, there are still the following objections to it:
- Walking with a trimmer or lawn mower in such conditions is more difficult, you can easily fall and get injured;
- You will have to spend more time on work;
- After mowing, it will be necessary to thoroughly clean the machine itself;
- Wet chlorophyll will leave more stains on clothes, leather, shoes.
Now you need to figure out exactly how to act if you still decide to use a gasoline trimmer to clean your lawn or lawn in wet weather. An important rule is to keep the grass at the optimum length. Excessively shorten it, especially in summer, summer residents run the risk of provoking early drying of plants. It is unlikely that this will contribute to a good appearance.
Of course, they wear sturdy, waterproof shoes. Headphones or earplugs are used only when working with a two-stroke petrol trimmer. On a large meadow with flat grass, mowing is carried out along imaginary squares, conventionally dividing the entire territory into them. They first move along the perimeter of each square, then mow it from the inside and move on to the next part of the lawn. Regardless of the weather, before starting work, you should do the following:
- Check the serviceability of the equipment;
- Remove all debris and foreign objects from the site;
- Replace, if necessary, worn cutting elements;
- Determined with the direction of the mowing, so that the lawn does not resemble a “washboard”.
For how to cut wet grass with a trimmer and lawn mower, see the following.
Is it possible to cut wet grass with a trimmer
Permanently living in a private house, it is not difficult to follow a systematic lawn care schedule. Even in wet weather, wet grass can be mowed with a lawn mower or trimmer a day later after it dries. It is much more difficult to take care of the natural grass in the summer cottage. Since visits fall on weekends, mowing also falls on these days. What to do if the weather is rainy?
What trimmers can you cut wet grass
To understand which trimmers can be used to cut wet grass, and which ones are available, you should understand their device. Today, the consumer has two main types of lawn mowers:
trim tabs, depending on the location of the engine, can be:
- Top-mounted electric motor;
- Bottom arrangement electric motor.
From the point of view of safety measures, mowing grass wet from rain or dew can only be done with a gasoline trimmer or a “Lithuanian”. The use of electric lawn mowers is highly undesirable. Especially when it comes to devices with a lower engine location, since they are in the area of water ingress. As a result, a short circuit may occur.
It is not recommended to mow grass in rain and trimmers with an overhead motor. In the event of water penetration to the power unit, it can not only be short, but also shock the mower.
Wet grass should also not be mowed by electric lawn mowers. The reason is the same as with the trimmer with the lower location of the power unit. there is a high probability of a short circuit. In addition, there is a danger that, through negligence, the power cable supplying the unit may be accidentally cut.
Why you shouldn’t cut wet grass with a trimmer
There are also indirect reasons why it is impossible to mow the grass wet from dew or rain on the garden plot. These include:
- Premature trimmer wear
- Harming the lawn.
How can you disable your lawn mower by mowing wet vegetation? Everything is very simple. It is displayed as a result of a short circuit when water enters the power compartment. In addition, even if everything is very well sealed, there is a good chance that the engine will NOT be able to withstand the heavy load put on the flexible trimmer shaft. And the shaft itself can be turned. Such loads most often arise from the sticking of wet grass on the knives and on the spindle to which they are attached.
In trimmers with a gasoline engine, mowing in wet weather, due to heavy loads, increases the degree of wear of the main components and assemblies. Here you can note the premature failure of the piston pair, as well as other moving parts. Most often, the piston pair fails due to engine overheating. In our case, the motor will overheat due to the load created by wet grass when mowing.
About the harm to lawn grass
Many have probably noticed that if they mow wet grass with a trimmer, then the cut is ragged. In the future, it dries up, and the grass itself begins to turn yellow. This can happen for several reasons:
- Wet grass is very flexible and pulls to the ground;
- Trimmer line is either too thick or round line is used.
In the first case, it is worth waiting for the vegetation to dry out. When dry, the grass always becomes harder. In the second case, it is worth replacing the fishing line with a thinner one or with a different profile. As practice shows, an even cut on wet grass can be obtained using profiled lines with a square or star section.
Those who have ever tried mowing the grass in the dew or in the drizzling rain noticed that the vegetation adhering to the knife and to the spindle is scattered in piles on the lawn. If they are NOT removed in time, bald spots will appear on the lawn in places where wet grass falls. The cuttings begin to rot and the lawn begins to ache. This is how unsightly bald spots appear.
So, dear readers, decide for yourself whether it is possible to mow wet grass with a trimmer and a lawn mower, if you still want to put the lawn in order before the onset of cold weather.