How to Change the Oil in a Huter Lawnmower
Trimmer Petrol Maintenance Motor Oil Change
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil?
Specifications for the trimmer contain links to recommended fuel and lubricants. With all this, the octane number of the gasoline brand is indicated specific, but in the part of oils there is an extensive explanation about the need to use a product of a particular manufacturer. For the sake of confidence, it is indicated that only when implementing these tips the company extends the warranty. What is it: an advertising move or oils from other manufacturers do not meet the requirements? The answer is in a true article.
Why mix trimmer oil with gasoline
The two-stroke engine has an ordinary and, at the same time, very effective design:
All this determined the creation of a family of small engines that have successfully adapted to domestic and professional equipment:
Due to the design features, it was possible to achieve the desired fuel consumption only on small engines with power in the range of 15. 20 hp. In particular, this indicator looks great in the range of 1. 5 hp. Engine oil change. Air filter maintenance. Petrol trimmer. Here, the completely low weight and dimensions of the engine correspond to gas mileage.
With increasing size, the area of the inlet and outlet channels increases. The process of gas removal and fuel supply is sharply aggravated. In this regard, a transition to a more efficient burning system of gasoline consistency was required, which would predict the presence of forced engine maintenance systems. Four-stroke models thereby seized the palm among the power units of the highest power. Their combination into multi-cylinder structures allowed the creation of special systems associated with the formation of the composition of the fuel consistency, lubrication and the rest, which favorably affected the consumption of gasoline.
Regular oil change, or how the engine dies from routine maintenance.
Oil change according to the regulations. They do not need motor oil; maintenance is simple. replacement. What oil to pour? How often to change? Dealer regulations for MOT. Change oil to oil? Gasoline trimmer motor engine oil. In this video.
Lawn Mowing Service
Serving my Chinese lawn mowing.
The lubrication of the rubbing elements of the piston and cylinder of a two-stroke engine occurs with oil, which is in a certain proportion in the composition of the fuel. Gasoline burns, and oil settles on the surface of the cylinder, reducing the friction of the rubbing parts. Lack of lubrication leads to damage to the cylinder, up to jamming. In the case of an excess, under the influence of high temperatures, a thermally modified product is deposited in the annular grooves. Compression drops, and with it the power.
How to mix oil with gasoline
Engine oil is used to supplement trimmer gasoline. Mixing is carried out in a certain proportion. Manufacturers have a different volume ratio: from 1 to 50 to 1 to 20. In the technical specifications there is a link to this. Care should be taken with a small proportion of the oils. 2-stroke petrol trimmer mtd maintenance should clean engine oil. A small inaccuracy leads to oil starvation of the engine, reduces its resource.
There are products in which a proportion of 1 to 20-40 is indicated. It is better to refuse the use of such a lubricant. Trimmer gasoline cord replacement in trimmer recommended engine oil. 3. A wide range of the mixture indicates the low quality of the product. The occurrence of piston rings, with the constant use of such grades, is almost guaranteed.
Motor oils, type M-8, are added in a proportion of 1-20. In high-speed engines, their use is undesirable. The cycle between the supply of the mixture is so small that it will cause an excess of lubricant in the cylinder. Trimmers have low revolutions, therefore they allow the use of low-grade grease. Due to the initially low resource, you can not worry about the coking rings. Gas trimmer. Use and maintenance of a stroke engine oil trimmer. First, complete wear and tear of the equipment will occur.
The principle is not the use of recommended oil or from other manufacturers. The main thing is to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil in accordance with the proportions in accordance with the characteristics of the product. The refusal of service workshops to guarantee only on the basis of using a different brand of grease, but with acceptable parameters, is illegal.
How to Change Oil in a Trimmer
How to choose lawn mowing oil
Lawn mowers differ from all other types of garden trimmers in that they are equipped with a gasoline-powered engine. The latter, for normal functioning, needs not only gasoline in fact, but also oil.
Choosing a Trimmer Oil
Without this substance, the engine will run, as they say, "dry." How to change the fishing line in the trimmer and the rest replacing the thread by threading the ends of the cord in two. And experience shows that this mode leads to rapid wear of rubbing parts and burnout.
Motor oil has several functions:
- minimizes friction between the contacting parts. in fact, it acts as a lubricant;
- prevents fast wear, minimizing friction losses;
- removes heat, keeping an acceptable temperature on the surface of the parts;
- reduces vibration, and, therefore, helps to reduce noise from a running engine;
- acts as a cleaning system.
Varieties of material
Oil. the name is quite arbitrary. It is an oil base with a variety of additives. One such point is the oil change. How to change oil in pour in. Without them, its lubricating qualities are not so great.
By origin, the base is divided into two types:
- mineral. obtained by oil refining. Its properties noticeably depend on the composition of the feedstock and are not stable, so a large number of different additives are added to the mixture. How to change oil to oil for the lawn mower in the crankcase. What oil is for. One such point is the oil change. How to change the oil in what to pour it. Despite their effect, mineral material is recommended to be replaced as often as possible;
- synthetic. get directed synthesis. As you know, the engine in the trimmer works fine, which oil to choose. The properties of the mixture are set in advance, they are stable. Synthetic compounds last longer, they have to be changed less often.
Additives added to the base give the finished mixture various additional properties:
- antioxidant. prolong the "life" of the mixture itself;
- corrosion inhibitors. protect the motor from rust;
- antiwear. reduce wear of parts;
- thorns modifiers and so on.
Chinese lawn mowing. The consequence of bad oil
Repair of the Chinese lawn mowers disassembly, assembly. The lawn mowers jammed poured cheap oil.
Lawn Mowing Service
Serving my Chinese lawn mowing.
To obtain the same properties, different additives are added to the synthetic and mineral bases in different proportions. How to change the fishing line in the trimmer. How to change the oil in a lawn mower, which liquid is better to fill in? To the lawn mower. So on the electric if the fishing line is often torn. Therefore, mix the compounds in no case.
Lubricants for trimmers
The composition for lawn mowing is determined by the device of its drive.
- Most home-class trimmers are equipped with two-stroke engines. Their work is provided not by the consumption of gasoline, but by a special fuel mixture consisting of gasoline and oil. In such a motor there is no lubrication system whose role the oil additive in the fuel performs.
A mixture is being prepared from gasoline of the corresponding brand. not lower than AI-92, and a composition intended specifically for a two-stroke engine. marked 2T. The ratio of parts depends on the class of the base and the service life of the apparatus:
synthetic are added strictly in a ratio of 1:50 without options;
mineral is added from a proportion of 1:40, or even 1:35, if the lawn mow is not new.
Proportions must be specified in the product passport. The finished mixture should be stored in a metal or glass container if it was not possible to use it immediately. How to change the fishing line in the trimmer. Her replacement. In this article, bend the cord. The composition will quickly destroy the plastic packaging. It is not difficult to change the line in the trimmer if you know how to remove it. In the photo. oil for lawn mowing.
- The four-stroke engine has a special oil sump, where the mixture is poured. In this case, there is no need to prepare the fuel composition, but the oil lubrication will have to be changed separately. every 50 hours of continuous operation. The fact is that an oil filter is not installed in lawn mowers, as a result of which the mixture thickens rather quickly and becomes dirty.
The material is marked 4T, the viscosity of the composition is 10W40.
Change of oil
Replacement is carried out after the full production of gasoline in the tank. How to change the fishing line in the trimmer. To correctly determine the replacement disk on the trimmer. The procedure is best performed while the engine remains warm: the composition is in a liquid state and it is easier to remove.
- The trimmer is set at a certain angle towards the drain hole.
- Unscrew the cork and allow the spent mixture to drain.
- A new portion is poured through the neck.
About 5% of the old mixture remains in the tank. Therefore, if it is supposed to use a new grade, it is better to fill after washing the engine.
Spent mixtures must be disposed of, or can be used in heating.
The video explains in detail how to replace the oil in the lawnmowers motor.
Video: How to Change the Oil in a Huter Lawnmower
Oil Change In Trimmer Gearbox
Grease for trimmer gear. Oil change in the gearbox of the tiller neva mb-2 video! How and how to lubricate?
From time to time, in the midst of intense work on mowing the grass stand, your trimmer begins to make nasty, grinding sounds. This complains about the lack of lubrication of the gearbox. a more actively loaded unit of the device. And soon, these “warnings” may be followed by jamming of the drive.
What grease should be used for the trimmer gearbox?
In the process, the mechanical part of the trimmer is loaded with contact forces on the teeth, resistance reactions from adhering grass (sometimes with dirt), dynamic, impact loads due to constantly changing torque. The grease for the trimmer gear must fully take into account these features, so the selection of the brand must be strictly individual.
The following factors are taken into account:
- Brand of the manufacturer. Each brand is not unreasonably oriented on lubricants of its own manufacture (you can talk about cheap Chinese products later). Watch oil change in the gearbox of the neva mba-2 tiller video! This applies to manufacturers such as Husqvarna, Stihl, Huter, Makita, etc. The exception is domestic trimmers: for example, Caliber in the user manual does not indicate the brand of lubricant at all.
- The viscosity of the lubricant. As you know, all lubricant compositions are divided into three groups. highly viscous (colloidal systems containing various additives), plastic compounds of universal use and solid lubricants that soften during operation.
- Good adhesion to the surface of the gearbox parts, as a result of which the lubricant is not squeezed out into the gaps or out of the assembly.
- Gearbox lubricant consumption rate. Here you have to rely on your own experience and the recommendations of specialists, since some trimmer manufacturers, relying on the availability of their own service centers, generally do not give clear recommendations regarding the period of operation of the gearbox between the two lubricants.
The lubricant consumption also depends on the temperature at which it retains its lubricity. When the gearbox is heated to 40 ° C, it is considered that its operating conditions are satisfactory, and there is enough lubrication.
How to lubricate the trimmer gearbox? How to properly lubricate the trimmer reducer?
Trimmer-how to carry out those. service. It is advisable to lubricate the trimmer reducer as often as possible. No grease
How to lubricate a lawn mowing gear
To avoid premature wear of the mowing gear reducer, it must be regularly lubricated specially
It is believed that there is no universal lubricant for the trimmer gear, but this is not entirely true. Changing the oil in the rear gearbox of a Suzuki Six 4. In fact, a suitable lubricant will be one in which the following components are present:
- Anti-wear additives containing no toxic lead;
- Solid lubricants with the presence of graphite or molybdenum disulfide (the latter is preferable, since the lubricity is fully preserved for a wide range of shaft revolutions);
- Only mineral (inorganic!) Oils, with a high degree of purification.
The lithium greases Gear Grease OREGON or Champion EP-0, domestic compositions Oleo-Mas, Litol.24, or Azmol 158, as well as those recommended by the manufacturer of a particular trimmer model, fully meet the mentioned requirements.
How to lubricate the trimmer gearbox?
In the upper part of the housing, where the gear block is installed, there is a technological hole, which, when the trimmer is operated, is plugged with a screw. This screw is unscrewed, and 1.5. 2 ml of grease is introduced into the hole using the nozzle on the tube. Changing the oil in the rear gearbox (trimmer) Changing the oil in the rear gearbox. If the lubricant was purchased in a different packaging, then for this operation a regular disposable medical syringe is also suitable.
After that, the screw is installed in its original place. This procedure, regardless of the user’s recommendations, should be performed every 10. 15 hours of operation of the trimmer in operating mode. Other reasons for updating or replacing the gearbox lubricant are independent minor maintenance work (for example, cleaning and washing the gearbox gear before the summer season), repair of the unit, preserving the trimmer for the winter period, etc.
If the gear unit is disassembled, it is recommended to completely remove the remains of the previous grease from the surface of the parts, even if it does not have any signs of oxidation and contamination. How much oil is in the gearbox (checking and changing the oil) for the trimmer alteration c. And only then apply new grease. After applying the lubricant, it is recommended to turn the shaft manually several times, and make sure that the lubricant is evenly distributed over all parts of the gearbox.
When lubricating, special attention is paid to the following elements:
- Flywheel: on its surface, as a rule, the remnants of grass adhere intensively, and thickened grass juice creates additional resistance.
- The starter coil dog, which is constantly in contact with the grooves on the flywheel when the drive is turned on. In this case, not only mechanical wear occurs, but also mechanochemical corrosion of the flywheel-dog joint, since the materials for this pair are different (the flywheel is aluminum and the dog is steel).
- Bearings, if their seals are worn, and through them the grease is squeezed out. In this case, the unit begins to vibrate intensively when loaded. This happens with Chinese-made trimmers, so it’s worthwhile in the future to think about replacing the bearing assembly with a better one, for example, from the Swedish company SKF.
DIY gas and electric trimmer maintenance
The grass trimmer has been recognized by lovers of well-kept lawns and lawns. But any technique in itself requires a lot of care. Is it realistic to do trimmer maintenance with your own hands? It turns out, yes, users can do even a small repair of equipment.
Proper fuel preparation
Very important for gasoline lawn mowers is what the user “feeds” it. In this case, the fuel mixture involves a combination of oil and gasoline. certain requirements are imposed on each of these components.
As oil, only high-quality push-pull varieties created for machinery with high revs should be used. There is a taboo on motorcycle products and those designed for watercraft. in both cases, it will not be possible to lubricate the parts enough. Well established Stihl, Champion and Husqvarna.
Any pure high-octane gasoline (from 92 onwards, with a density of at least 750 and no more than 770 kg / m3) will do. You can not store such a product in a container of metal, it should not contain impurities and additives. The storage period should not be more than a month.
The fuel mixture is prepared in a proportion of 20 ml / cm3 of oil per liter of gasoline. However, for the first five tanks of the device’s production, it is necessary to prepare it in a ratio of 40 ml / cm3 for the same amount of gasoline, then switch to the indicated numbers.
It is best to prepare the mixture in a plastic bottle, but do not store it for more than a couple of weeks.
Shake the mixture thoroughly before refueling. We pay attention to the color. if from aquamarine it turned into dark brown, then you can not use such a metamorphosis.
Engine Break-In Recommendations
You should not immediately, pouring the mixture, go into a difficult battle with dense vegetation. We need to start with a break-in, which will help to move in moving parts to each other and strengthen the skills of working with the device.
- Do not immediately start the engine at maximum speed. It is best to stay at maximum torque.
- Overheating is not allowed. However, it is also impossible to mow on a cold engine!
- The engine must not be overloaded. The throttle should be opened at 2/3 of the stroke.
- After break-in, the oil is drained.
These rules will allow for increased lubrication of the piston group parts, which will guarantee the long operation of the entire device.
How to service the lawn mow
The device consists of the following required elements:
- cutting discs;
- fishing line (trimmer heads);
- angular gear;
- protective covers.
Care of the trimmer involves monitoring the technical condition of each of them.
When caring for a gasoline engine, you should pay special attention to the cleanliness of the air filter. it should not have sawdust or dirt. The foam filter should be constantly moistened with oil. The check should be carried out weekly, quickly change the filter as necessary. Before starting any work, check how nuts and screws are tightened. It is also necessary to clean the muffler and candles from soot as they become dirty.
In the electrical version, it is enough to observe the operating time prescribed by the manufacturer.
If we talk about discs, you should focus on how carefully sharpened the edges of the blades. Sharpening must be carried out correctly, otherwise such a drive will load the motor in operation, which will only reduce the resource of the latter. Regularly flip double-sided discs 180 ° for uniform wear.
Fishing line monitoring
How to care for the cord part? The most important thing in this business is the use of a specially designed mowing line.
In no case can you replace the fishing line with metal cables or wire. this is traumatic.
- the line needs to be changed periodically;
- the diameter specified by the manufacturer is established;
- winding the cord is tight, but without crossing the turns;
- the head must be constantly cleaned of dirt and regularly lubricated;
- carefully monitor the degree of deterioration (otherwise the gearbox or shaft is deformed).
How to monitor a bevel gear
The primary task of the user is to prevent accumulation of dirt on it. This circumstance will not allow the part to cool normally. The second requirement is to use a grease (such as Husqvarna or the like) designed for gear pairs. An annual lubrication procedure is usually sufficient.
What you need to know about covers for protection
It is forbidden to work without a protective cover. self-activity can be dangerous for the user and others. But it is impossible to select such details from among non-branded ones, it is necessary to use the manufacturer recommended. A damaged casing should be replaced in a timely manner.
Cases can be mounted both on the bar and on the gearbox. In universal models (working with both fishing line and disk), two different coats are attached. On the "forest" can also be located a special cutting insert that cuts off excess cord.
We summarize what was said about the main points of care in this Hitachi Lawn Mowing Maintenance Video:
Repair of minor breakdowns
Minor repairs can be done by almost anyone. In the electric motor, the user can only check the contacts or replace the brushes. A lot of the elements of the microcircuit cannot be repaired without service intervention.
In order to prevent breakdown of the gasoline engine, it is necessary to purge the container with air before infusing new portions of the mixture. this measure will remove exhaust gases. Four-stroke motors are not recommended to be tilted strongly: the oil supply to the parts may stop, which will damage the engine.
If the trimmer motor breaks down, and the user does not have knowledge in the field of electromechanics, it is best not to try to disassemble it, but to contact specialists.
But with such minor breakdowns you can deal with your own hands.
- With a sunken toggle switch, you can independently replace it with a new one. True, this will require knowledge of the basics of electrical engineering and the ability to work with a soldering iron.
- If the wire stopper falls off the mowing head, a flexible wire (copper or aluminum) will help. You can also make a new stainless steel mount.
- Torn fishing line can be replaced on its own. To do this, you can choose nylon or kapron material, from 0.9 to 1.5 mm in diameter (your best to know in advance). The drum is disassembled by hand, the fishing line is wound, after which it can be assembled.
- A broken bar is also easy to fasten to brackets or rails.
- In case of strong vibration, the lawnmower should be lubricated.
- Plastic knives should be replaced with metal knives (stainless steel). They can be attached to the shaft with a sleeve and washer. This "transformation" will allow you to mow even hard grass.
- If the engine does not start, you must do the following. briefly close the damper to enrich the mixture. You can also try changing the mixture. Then it remains to check whether gasoline is coming in and, if necessary, clean it (or even replace the glow plug).
In order to prevent repair situations, it is best to try to prevent them. To do this, focus on such recommendations.
- To extend the life of the semi-automatic coil, it should be pulled out more often by hand. Try not to hit the part on the ground.
- You can not work with a household oblique for a long time. In electric, this moment will be noticeable on the heated casing. But at first you can not overload the engine and the gasoline counterpart. The disk should be set only after spending one tank volume.
- Untimely cleaning can lead to excess moisture (an electric motor suffers) or clogging (the gasoline version loses power).
If you approach the technique with a careful attitude, it will last much longer. And having noticed signs of wear of parts, it is enough to change them in time, which will prevent a more serious breakdown.