How to Disassemble a Coil From a Trimmer Union
It is worth recognizing that the fishermen themselves are to blame for many breakdowns of their reel devices. Who, after a successful or not, but tedious fishing, wants to do equipment before working days? Brodney is hung up to dry, somehow the washed and dried boat is hiding on BAL-KON, and that’s all. The hooks on the wobblers and spinners in the fishing boxes rust, the spinning rings are not inspected or lubricated, and the reel gradually breaks down without proper care.
First of all, to preserve the coil device, if it is worth it, a decent maintenance should be carried out. That’s not difficult. Before disassembling the device, wipe it with cotton or rags to remove sand and fish mucus. Even if the mud is not visible in the dried form, it is present there.
Disassembling the inertialess coil
If the angler is not an inveterate professional, then the analysis of the device is best done in order, laying out the parts of the reel in a rag in order. Analysis is carried out in the following sequence:
- The clutch and spool have a nut removed.
- Washers and gears are located under the spool, carefully remove them and inspect for chips or workings.
- Remove the pen.
- Next, an important point – the coil itself is disassembled. Using pliers, or better with a wrench, remove the special clamping nut and remove the rotor.
- Dismantled the forestry arm and the roller with which the stopper occurs.
- The reverse bolt and the second one securing it can also be removed quite easily.
- Removing the coil wall will require a fairly significant effort, but it will not work to break the expensive thin-walled coil. As a last resort, be careful and loosen the part to begin with.
- Having removed the wall, you can see the "heart" of the coil – these are two gears and a slider. Visually, you can immediately determine whether everything is in order with them, once again these details should not be disturbed.
Common inertia problems
There are several types of breakdowns that are characteristic of all spinning reels. Some of them are associated with poor factory performance, and some with a lack of proper care and neglect. They are characteristic not only of cheap, but also of expensive models:
Arbitrary dumping of the handler’s bow. If, during casting, the handle of the line-laying machine itself enters the winding state, then this is not only a spoiled attempt to cast – this is a danger of breaking the rod (depending on the severity of the bait), or flying the bait further, but without fishing line. It is unpleasant to lose a good bait, and even more so, a fishing rod. To eliminate such self-discharge, it is necessary to tighten the bolts of the temple itself as tight as possible. If this does not help, you will have to remove the cover and add a spring to stiffness, but it is better to just change it to a more elastic one.
Care and timely diagnosis
A fisherman in a pond turns into a gambling, careless and careless person. To keep the gear intact, you must pay attention to the use of the latter. This is especially true for spinning reels. Do not allow the reel mechanism to come into contact with water, put gear on the ground or sand. It turns out that the angler himself allows premature damage and deterioration of spinning mechanisms.
Regular maintenance of the reel device, respect for it – this is the key to long service life, even of a budget model. Coil repair is an expensive and troublesome task. Prices for reels fluctuate in such a range that the acquisition of spinning reels becomes an important choice for any angler. To please with long service and good work, your coil should not be deprived of attention and leaving. Have a nice fishing!
We disassemble the inertialess coil
There can be many reasons for the analysis of the inertialess coil. The most common is the inexperience of the angler himself, who pulls the fish not with a fishing rod, but with the help of reeling. Such loads quickly wear out the mechanisms, and insufficiently strong parts break.
A quarter of all defects are caused by sand penetrating inside the enclosure. Bearings, which in this situation go only under replacement, suffer the most from it. It is not recommended to store inertialess rooms in rooms with high humidity, which can lead to corrosion.
Preparatory phase before disassembling
If the fisherman has never had to deal with disassembly, it is better to do your first independent dismantling slowly, carefully remembering the sequence and placing the extracted elements on the table. In the future, this will facilitate the assembly process, which we wrote about in the article “Assembling the inertialess coil in the correct sequence”.
Before proceeding with the extraction of the coil elements, it is necessary to remove dust and dirt from the housing. Do not use cleaners, enough warm water and soap. Different chemistry does not need to be applied even if there are sufficiently strong contaminants. If aggressive substances get inside, this will lead to undesirable consequences.
Bends and hard to reach places are cleaned with tweezers or another device. You can try to remove excessively stubborn dirt with alcohol. All of the above recommendations will simplify disassembly and will not allow abrasive and aggressive substances to get inside.
Budget inertialess reel dive disassembly and assembly
Before disassembling, it is advisable to have a scheme at hand, which is often included, and if not available, find it on the Internet. Another option is to shoot the dismantling process with a camera or a mobile phone, this will greatly simplify the assembly of mechanisms. Consider all the actions on an example: disassembly and assembly inertialess dive liberty coil.
Next is the central mechanism made of a slider and a pair of gears. It is advisable to clean it always, despite the correct operation. You can use a cotton swab to remove grease. After that, all the extracted elements are inspected and thoroughly cleaned.
Do not rack your brains on how to disassemble the inertialess reel with the rear clutch, since it is not much more difficult. Consider dismantling the brake itself. First, a small screw is unscrewed at the end, then the adjustment knob is unscrewed. Prying off the spring fixing the gear, remove it together with the clamping spring.
Next, disassembling the inertialess coil with the rear clutch consists in removing the brake disc, which comes out quite tightly, so you need to knock the end part so that it falls out. After cleaning, the assembly is carried out in the reverse order.
Disassembly of the inertialess coil with an endless screw is carried out according to the same technological operations applicable to all varieties of models. The only thing that can make it difficult to parse, for example, on the Super X 3000 there is a decorative panel that prevents the unscrewing of the fixing screws.
Causes of defects and their elimination
Many defects that arise during the operation of the coil can be eliminated independently. In addition, you can try to configure it first, as we wrote in the article “How to adjust the inertia reel while fishing".
It is important to remember that the coil works for a long time and reliably, it needs appropriate care. It must be stored and transported in a special case or in a plastic or wooden box. After fishing in rainy weather, the mechanism must be lubricated. It is prevention that will save inertia from negative consequences.
How to disassemble the coil
If the repair of the fishing reel with your own hands is carried out for the first time, then you must strictly follow the sequence of actions and lay out the parts in the order they were removed. This condition is necessary for proper collection after repair or preventive measures.
Before disassembling, it is necessary to thoroughly wipe the outside of the product from contamination with a cotton swab dipped in ordinary water or using liquid soap. If the dirt does not wash off, more effective products (gasoline or alcohol) can be used.
First of all, easily accessible external parts are removed:
- A friction clutch nut followed by a spool;
- Small washers and gears. The main thing is not to mix in the process of removal and lay out in the sequence in which they were removed;
- Gear handle.
Next, the analysis of the mechanism itself is performed:
- It is necessary to flip the clamping nut and remove it with the lining;
- The rotor is removed, then the bow and the snap mechanism is disassembled. The layer roller also needs to be disassembled.
The body of the spinning reel is disassembled:
- The lever bolt, which is responsible for switching to the reverse stroke, is unscrewed, and the toggle switch is removed;
- The plug is removed and the screw is removed with a screwdriver;
- The coil wall is removed. Since this will require effort, to simplify the process, you can take the tweezers and pick it up with them.
Analysis of the main mechanism, including two gears and a slider. If prevention is the cause of the analysis, then it is better not to disassemble the contents, but how to clean the spinning reel and lubricate with a cotton swab. If the parts are very dirty, it is still better to remove them and rinse well.
The assembly of the fishing reel after repair or cleaning is carried out in the reverse order in which the parts are folded. But at the same time, you need to check the correct installation of each part.
Breakage and repair
Depending on the quality and type of coil, as well as its design features, breakdowns periodically occur that can be fixed at home. How to repair the reel for spinning and what kind of malfunctions are, we will consider in more detail.
An important element of the coil is the folding system of the handle. The simplest mechanism consists of a handle and a hexagon that holds it, and a fastening screw is screwed into it from the back. A more convenient handle with a push-button folding mechanism. Such handles have greater wear resistance and break less often.
The most common problem with spinning handles is their loss. Handles are lost due to improper transportation, inaccurate operation of the spinning rod. Sometimes the main mistake of the fishermen is to screw the plastic part, thereby the device loses the lock nut.
- It is necessary to insert a new handle, screwing it onto the iron pin, and fasten it with a screw;
- To prevent loss of handle it is recommended to purchase models with additional fasteners, in the form of washers or bushings.
Self-resetting arrester arms
Do-it-yourself repair of the fishing line reel for spinning reels. The cause of the malfunction of this part may be its contamination or improper casting technique. If there is a problem with the logger, more serious damage can occur, such as a rod breakdown or poor throw accuracy.
- You need to carefully inspect all fasteners and tighten if necessary. In most cases, this is enough;
- If the result remains the same, it is necessary to look for the cause in the tension spring. For its detection and repair, it is necessary to remove the cover of the coil and, having found it, carefully replace or insert into place if it pops up;
- In order to avoid further popping up and to extend its service life, it is recommended to lay a rubber gasket under it. Such a gasket will also add spring to elasticity;
- Repair of the fishing spreader can be done right on the spot, in the process of fishing, and instead of a spring, use a homemade pin.
Permanent line breaks
Clippings of fishing line is one of the most common breakdowns of reels.
- Breaks are mainly due to the fixing nut, which in most coil designs is 2 mm larger than the spool. When throwing fishing line, she, clinging, gets under the nut, where it breaks. But it is worth noting that only braided fishing line breaks off, monophilic is not predisposed to breakage;
- The next reason may be premature closure of the bow of the line holder;
- When using inertial coils, the breakage of the fishing line occurs due to the development and jamming of the bearings during the unwinding of the fishing line.
- In case of jamming of the bearings, they should be replaced with new ones, while the coil must be disassembled;
- In case of premature closing of the handle, it is necessary to replace the retainer and its body, if they are commercially available for this brand;
- If the problem is a protruding locking nut, it is necessary to replace the felt pad with a smaller pad, such as plastic. This will lower the washer slightly down and level it with the edge of the spool.
Important! In order to prevent cliffs, it is also necessary to monitor the line itself, and when knots appear, they must be eliminated.
In case of coil malfunctions, there is a spiral line feed.
The main reason for supplying fishing line by the wave is its pollution. If dirt enters the bearing, it becomes clogged, stops functioning normally and feeds the fishing line incorrectly.
The repair of the spinning reels in this case consists in disassembling and cleaning it. If the cleaning does not work, it is recommended to disassemble the coil to the bearings, remove the old grease from them and apply a new one.
Noise inside the coil means failure of the bearings or one of its parts. The noise can also be caused by normal pollution of the mechanism. It is necessary to immediately stop its operation and repair the spinning coil with your own hands, for this it is necessary:
- Disassemble the coil according to the technology described above;
- If contamination is detected, clean;
- Thoroughly inspect all parts for their integrity and replace them in case of breakage;
- Assemble the coil back.
Uneven winding of fishing line
It happens that there is uneven winding on the spool of fishing line, it occurs along an oblique mowing line, thereby forming a cone. On the main axis there are washers having different thicknesses. If the fishing line is wound cone down, you need to remove one washer. And, accordingly, when the cone is directed up, the washer is added.
Video: How to Disassemble a Coil From a Trimmer Union
Coil Care and Breakage Prevention
To prevent coil breakdowns, it is recommended that preventive measures be taken in a timely manner, which will eliminate the need for repairs and additional funds for the purchase of spare parts.
The first step to long-term operation of the product is a careful attitude to it. What is needed for this:
- Spinning should not be dropped or thrown anywhere;
- Often rearrange the reel from one fishing rod to another;
- The coil cannot be wetted, and if this happens, it must be dried and preferably lubricated;
- During transportation, the fishing rod should not lie among the tools that could damage the reel when shaking the machine. There must be a special shockproof cover for the fishing rod;
- After the trip, you must check all the mounting bolts that could unscrew or fly off during the shaking process;
- Do not store fishing rods in the sun, as ultraviolet has a destructive effect on the lubrication of the device;
- It is necessary to constantly maintain the level of lubricant on the bearings, since in case of breakage, repairs will cost more;
- After the end of the fishing season, if you can’t repair and prevent it with your own efforts, it is recommended to contact a service center. This is especially true for expensive models, such as, for example, the Ambassador 5600 fishing reel, which is not so easy to repair with your own hands.
Important! Do not throw away the instruction manual for the coil that came with the purchase of the product. It tells you how to care for a particular model.
The next step is timely care. What is needed for this:
- Each fisherman in his arsenal of fishing accessories should have the following tools and instruments: screwdriver, cotton wool, tweezers, alcohol, lubricant, liquid soap;
- Every six months, regardless of the number of days the coil is used, it is necessary to clean and lubricate the entire mechanism;
- When lubricating the mechanism, it is necessary to remove the remnants of the old grease, which will eventually begin to coke if it is not removed on time. Hardened grease residues affect the operation of the coil and have a destructive effect on the aluminum of which most of the product is made;
- If the coil has an integral design, it is better to use a grease with a silicone base or a spray (also based on it). This is necessary in order to protect the mechanism from getting wet and to lubricate the most inaccessible places, this allows you to make silicone grease.
Having considered how to fix the spinning reel, you understand that any problem can be solved. The main thing is to observe the sequence when disassembling the coil, carefully unfolding its elements and the availability of spare parts. But if timely preventive measures are taken, consisting in cleaning and lubricating the coil parts, it is possible to prevent its breakage altogether. Careful attitude and care of the product will extend the service life for a long time.
Comments powered by HyperComments
As a rule, a new inertialess coil has a pleasant velvet stroke, smooth and silent rotation. But after prolonged use, a certain crunch, rustling and vibration appears in the mechanism. To get rid of or prevent this, it is necessary to periodically disassemble the coil, clean it of dirt and change the lubricant.
High-quality lubrication of the coil makes the operation of the coil smooth and enjoyable, moreover, the new lubrication extends the life of all mechanisms.
Prevention of the coil should be done periodically, several times a season, depending on the frequency of use. And once a year you need to do a complete disassembly of the coil with the replacement of lubricant.
Naturally, you need to constantly monitor the coil, do not drop it on hard surfaces, try to avoid getting water into the mechanism and try to avoid all kinds of contaminants.
Dismantling and lubrication of inertia coils
What is needed to disassemble and lubricate the coil:
- 12mm wrench
- Fluid lubricant
How to disassemble an inertialess coil
When disassembling the inertialess coil, arrange all its parts in order from right to left, this will quickly and correctly assemble the coil.
Carefully remember the position and installation procedure of all parts, follow the following instructions.
Coil disassembly steps:
- Remove the friction brake nut;
- Remove the spool;
- Remove the washers and gears on the stock;
- Turn off the handle;
- We disassemble the mechanism of the coil: unscrew the bolt fixing the nut.
- Gently unscrew the rotor clamping nut with a wrench or pliers;
- Remove the rotor
- We remove from the rotor the handle of the logger and the mechanism that clicks it.
- We disassemble the logger roller (unscrew with a screwdriver);
- We unscrew the bolts and caps on the cover and remove the cover.
- Inside the coil you will see two gears and a slider – this is the main mechanism.
- Next, you need to remove the rod, after unscrewing the bolt that secures it.
- Remove the main gear, small gear and other parts.
- To remove the pinion gear, unscrew the three bolts.
- Remove the bearing from the pinion gear.
- Remove the cylinder from the pinion gear.
Disassembly of the coil is complete!
See the disassembly and assembly video below.
The coil assembly is carried out in the reverse order.
Spinning reel lubrication
- Clean the surface of the coil.
- Disassemble the coil.
- Clean parts in gasoline.
- Lubricate parts and bearings.
- Collect the coil.
Grease is used to lubricate gears and parts. Bearings are lubricated with liquid grease.
The teeth of all gears must be lubricated so that the grease completely fills the space between the teeth. Excess grease must be removed. Grease a large gear, a finger gear, a small gear, the internal part on a small gear and the stem with grease.
A thin layer of grease can cover other metal parts so that they do not corrode. Open bearings are lubricated with liquid grease, and closed bearings do not need to be lubricated.
When assembling, the pin of the small gear should fall into the groove of the part covering it. The main gear needs to be lubricated in several places and installed in the coil housing. Next, lubricate the rod over the entire length with thick grease and reinstall. The main mechanism of the coil is lubricated!
Assembly of the coil is carried out strictly in reverse order!
Disassembly, lubrication and reel assembly videos
Do not abuse the grease, since its excess can make the coil travel tight, and in some cases this can lead to jamming.
Dismantling the spreader roller
Cleaning the spreader roller
The structure of inertialess coils
Do not use solid oil as a grease.
Use specialized grease and fluid coils. On sale you can find lubricants for reels from specialized fishing companies: Abu Garcia, Daiwa, Shimano, Ryobi, Tica, Mikado, SFT, etc.
It is better to use the grease of the same company that produced the coil.
For example, Shimano produces a special grease designed for the main pair, mechanisms and bearings. Its viscous structure reduces friction, increases the service life and makes the coil work smoother.
The price of lubricants for coils varies from 2 to 100 dollars, depending on the company and the volume.
Shimano Exage Coil Disassembly
Daiwa Caldia coil disassembly
What types of woods are
A common type of fishing line that fits virtually all types of reels is a round cord. Another video on the topic: how to disassemble the trimmer coil. Replacing the fishing line on the trimmer. Video how to disassemble a coil replacing fishing line on a trimmer. Download more related videos. This is an ordinary fishing line suitable for mowing juicy grass, but mowing dead wood with it will be much more difficult, and even more so it can not cope with the bush.
As a rule, the diameter by which young grass can be mowed does not exceed 1.6 mm. The thicker the thread, the more coarse grass it can overcome.
There are fishing lines with sharp edges in the form of an asterisk or square, this option is more suitable for mowing dry grass just due to the existing sharp edges, but its disadvantage is more wear and tear and is inferior in strength to round cord.
There are fishing lines with improved aerodynamics with characteristic dents, scales and notches, such a product makes less noise, but they are used only on lawn mowers, since the exit of such a thread from the reel is difficult, it is used most often with discs into which segments are inserted. The disadvantage of this product is its fragility.
Most often in gas trimmers with an engine power of more than 1.5 hp apply cords with a metal cable inside. In this video, I show how to disassemble the coil of a gas trimmer, as well as how to wrap it correctly. How to remove the coil disassemble the coil on the trimmer and rewind the disk to the shaft. This thread is ideal for mowing dry grass and small bushes. How to disassemble the trimmer coil. Replacing the fishing line on the trimmer. The presence of a core positively affects the wear resistance of this material. The disadvantage of such a cord is its price, which is significantly higher than the listed opponents.
How disassemble the coil trimmers. Replacing the fishing line on the trimmer.
In this video showing how disassemble the coil at gasoline trimmer, as well as how to reel
Manual lawn mower. How to remove and put the coil on a lawn mower! How to disassemble a coil trimmer. Replacing fishing line in the reel.
In this video, I show how to easily and easily wind a line on reel manual lawn mowers yourself
How to Fill a Fishing Line into a Trimmer Coil
It takes about 10-15 minutes to wind the line. What is a trimmer coil? Plastic case with a cassette inside, on which there is a special hook for convenient winding of fishing line. How to replace the cord with how to disassemble the coil of a gasoline prinz knowymi lawn mowing. Almost all trimmer coils have a similar mounting principle, this is the central screw-button, when pressed, it becomes possible to pull the fishing line of the required length. How to remove a coil from a huter trimmer to a trimmer video How to reel a fishing line on. How to remove the coil from the trimmer, disassemble disassemble the coil on the trimmer. The photo below shows some examples of different coils for trimmers.
The bobbins of the trimmers, the motor of which is located near the ground, have a different mount to the axis of rotation, they have two buttons on the spool located on the sides that need to be pressed, otherwise the thread replacement is no different from other cassettes.
The principle of proper winding fishing line is similar in all above listed cases, so for example, consider the standard version with two antennae.
To remove the reel with fishing line, it is necessary to unscrew the screw located in the center, but note that the thread there is left, so you have to turn it clockwise, this is done specially so that during operation it does not open under the influence of centrifugal force.
Next, using a screwdriver, disassemble the head and take out the reel, on which the fishing line is directly wound. Having measured the necessary length and folded in half, you need to fill the fishing line into the reel, removing, in the end, its ends opposite each other (for this there are special slots for fixing).
After this, it is necessary to assemble the head in the reverse order by threading the ends of the cord into two corresponding holes.
If you have doubts or it’s not entirely clear how to charge the fishing line to the trimmer, we recommend watching the video: how to wind the fishing line into the lawn mowing properly. In this video, the instructor will open the trimmer head in steps, measure out the required amount of fishing line, usually from two to four meters, and demonstrate assembly and installation on the trimmer.
Considering the conditions in which inertialess coils are operated – river sand, water or dirt – the mechanism may be subject to various disturbances in operation. Drops in water also negatively affect the operation of the fishing device: it is necessary to replace the grease in it, since abrasive substances in the water can damage parts. Various breakdowns can be associated with some features of the device coils of individual companies, and, of course, the duration depends on the quality of the selected coil.
This guide will help you conduct basic service of your coil, identify and repair the most common faults.
- How to disassemble ↓
- The most popular problems and their repair ↓
- Coil Care and Breakage Prevention ↓
How to disassemble
The main rule when disassembling, especially if you are doing this for the first time: lay out all the removed parts of the mechanism in order, from left to right. So when assembling, you will not get confused and assemble it correctly.
Before disassembling the coil, thoroughly wipe it from dirt, sand and fish slime with a cotton pad moistened with warm water. In case of severe pollution, a little liquid soap can be added to the water. Use a pair of tweezers or a cotton swab to remove contaminants in hard-to-reach places. Do not use aggressive household cleaners. If the surface is not cleaned with soap, dirt can be removed with alcohol or gasoline. Neglecting the external cleaning step will make disassembling the coil difficult.
- First you need to remove all easily collapsible external elements. The clutch nut is first unscrewed, after the spool is removed.
- Then you will see the installed small washers and gears, which must be laid out in the order in which you remove them.
- Then remove the handle.
- Now proceed to disassemble the reel mechanism itself: unscrew the clamping nut. This is easy to do with pliers or a wrench. Remove it with the lining.
- Then remove the rotor.
- On it you need to remove the handle and disassemble the mechanism that allows it to click, just disassemble the logger roller.
- Now you can disassemble the coil housing itself. First you need to unscrew the bolt of the lever that switches the reverse stroke, then remove the toggle switch.
- After that, you need to remove the plug, also using a screwdriver to remove the bolt.
- Then remove the coil wall, it is removed with effort, most likely, it will need to be picked up with tweezers.
- Now you get to the main coil mechanism – This is a slider and two gears that provide rotation. If it works and you disassemble the coil for preventive purposes, then simply clean the mechanism with a cotton swab without removing the contents. Just remove the old grease by thoroughly cleaning each clove.
- Of course, if the inside of the mechanism is very dirty, then all the parts must be removed and cleaned.
The coil is assembled in the reverse order; moreover, it is necessary in the process to constantly check the correct installation of parts.
The most popular problems and their repair
Depending on the type of coil and its design features, problems may arise during operation, some of which are easy to fix on your own. Consider the principles of customization in more detail:
- Loss of pen. This is the most popular issue. In order not to lose the handle, choose those models whose design has a washer and a sleeve for fixing the handle.
- Self-resetting of the logger. The stowage bar folds off during casting. Typically, this problem leads to the shooting of the bait, and in more severe cases, it can damage the rod. Sometimes this problem can be fixed by simply tightening the bolts that secure the arc. If this does not help, then you need to remove the cover that hides the spring, and either replace it with a more elastic one, or add hardness to it by installing a gasket on the shaft that secures the spring.
- Permanent cliffs of fishing line. Braided fishing line has less spring than monofilament, and on some models of inertialess coils breaks when casting. The problem may be due to the fact that the clutch fixing nut is 1.5-2 mm higher than the edge of the spool. The fishing line clings to the nut and falls under the edge, gets tangled there and a break occurs. This problem is fixed by installing a plastic gasket. To do this, remove the locking washer, then remove all friction washers, and then change the felt pad to a thin plastic one. After installing the parts in place, you will see that the fixing nut is aligned with the edge of the spool, and the fishing line can no longer catch.
- The fishing line is fed in a spiral. This malfunction is due to dirt getting into the logger roller. The bearing rubs, the fishing line does not pass through it, respectively, it spins and does not feed smoothly. Repair consists in disassembling, thoroughly cleaning and lubricating parts.
- Internal noise. If during fishing you heard any sounds uncharacteristic for a spinning reel, you must stop any work with it. They can be associated with serious damage. It is possible that dirt just got inside the mechanism, but there is a possibility of bearing damage. The coil must be disassembled, and, depending on the problem, either clean or replace damaged parts.
- Uneven winding of fishing line. It often happens that the line is wound around the spool along an oblique mowing line, forming either a front or rear cone. Washers of different thicknesses are located on the main shaft. If the fishing line is wound down cone, then to remove the problem you need to remove one washer. Accordingly, if the cone is directed upwards, then the washer must be added.
Edible Rubber Guide – expert analytics and a detailed analysis of the best brands and models of flavored lures.
Coil Care and Breakage Prevention
Prevention of low-quality operation of the inertialess coil begins with a careful attitude to it: storage and transportation should be carried out only in a special case. This will protect against external mechanical damage. In addition, ultraviolet radiation adversely affects the fishing line.
When wet in the rain or when the coil falls into the water, it is imperative to lubricate the mechanism. Very often, bearings wear out of dry running, and replacing them will cost 20-25% of the cost of the entire fishing gear.
When closing the season, it is also necessary to carry out coil maintenance.
To carry out preventive measures, you will need the assembly instruction, which is included in the package of the branded inertialess spinning reel. In addition to it, you will need some tools: screwdrivers, a set of tweezers, brushes, cotton buds, gasoline for lighters (you can replace white with spirit, alcohol or ether), lubricants: liquid oil for external elements, and thick oil that will be needed to process parts when fully disassembling the coil.
A very useful video on repairing many parts of inertia, as well as preventing breakdowns.
When closing the season, it is also necessary to carry out coil maintenance. The first step is to disassemble and clean it. It is cleaned with a cotton pad (and in hard-to-reach places – with a cotton swab) dipped in a cleaning solution. The main reel mechanism must be greased with thick oil, but do not use solid oil based oils. Such lubricants tend to coke. On parts made of aluminum alloys, namely this material and is used in coils most often, it acts destructively. Many anglers use household oil, although manufacturers recommend not doing this and use lubricants designed specifically for reels or at least designed specifically for use with bearings.
To process such parts that do not need to be disassembled due to the fact that they are not damaged, for example, a forestry arm or bearings, manufacturers recommend the use of silicone-based lubricants in the form of aerosols. They are safe and easy to use. Silicone grease is liquid and easily penetrates deep into the mechanisms, enveloping the parts, and does not allow them to rub against each other.