How to disassemble the gasoline trimmer for grass
Repair of trimmers (бензокос, электрокос) Huter (Huter)
Trimmer repair should be done as soon as possible at the first signs of a breakdown, so that minor faults do not lead to more serious problems. All models are characterized by such basic units and structural elements: the drive system (engine), transmission devices, the working part (blade or fishing line), belts and handles. Breakdown can occur in any part, but some nodes fail more often than others.
Working on gasoline or electricity trimmers (as well as different models from different manufacturers) differ in design and nature of the problems. Some of them can be easily eliminated with your own hands, and others will require more extensive repairs or service center treatment.
The main faults of gasoline trimmers
The most common breakdowns are related to such elements of the chainsaw design:
- engine (in particular, the piston system);
- starter (rope breakage, spring breakage or failure to engage);
- with the ignition system or fuel supply;
- by the transmission mechanism (gearbox);
- filters and muffler.
- If the brushcutter makes unusual noises during operation;
- The machine does not start, does not reach full speed or stops;
- the working part does not rotate or slips when the motor is running;
- gasoline leakage;
- Excessive heating of individual components.
Smaller breakdowns can also occur, which are detected without any special diagnostics:
It is not difficult to repair minor malfunctions. Repair petrol grass trimmer in more complicated cases requires preliminary diagnostics to find out the exact cause of. If you have the appropriate knowledge and skills of locksmith work, the problems can be eliminated on their own, replacing the failed parts.
Locating the cause of malfunction
If the engine trimmer for grass does not start or stops right after start, if the gearbox overheats or during the device operation extra noises are heard and vibration is felt it is important to perform a visual inspection and to identify a non-working unit.
To optimize preparations before the repair, a simple diagnosis should be carried out and the following steps should be checked in stages
- The presence of fuel in the tank and grease in the main components;
- serviceability of the spark plug and its performance;
- Cleanliness of the brushcutter’s fuel and air filter;
- clogging of the discharge duct and the breather of the device;
- quality of fuel and lubricants used.
To determine if the lawn mower’s ignition is functional, determine if the spark plug works by testing the appearance of the spark when it contacts the body of the functional device.
The spark plug itself can be replaced with a new one, pre-drying the candle channel, if necessary, the old element is also dried, cleaned with special devices and returned to its place.
Repair of carburetor
In the process of inspecting the carburetor, it is worth paying attention to the possible leakage of the fuel used, to identify problems of the carburetor the following measures should be carried out:
- blowing the fuel hose to eliminate possible clogging of the element;
- checking and replacing the gasket that is between the engine and the carburetor;
- determining the tightness and maintaining a constant pressure in the unit.
If necessary, you can carry out with your own hands dismantling and thorough cleaning of the unit, using gasoline, cleaning of the nozzles and channels is carried out using compressed air.
To avoid breakdowns and subsequent costly repairs, it is recommended to follow a number of simple rules for grass trimmer operation and maintenance of the gearbox.
- Lubricate this garden tool immediately after purchase. before use. Usually or Huter) applies only a small amount of lubricant, which is enough only for the running-in period.
- At the end of the season or before long-term storage of the grass trimmer, you should disassemble the gearbox, check the condition of the bearings and gears, lubricate the unit.
- Add grease after the tool has been in operation for twenty to forty hours. With heavy loads, this time is reduced to twenty hours.
- The grease should be changed when repairing a structure or before the start of the season.
- When the gearbox becomes overheated or noisy, check the lubrication. If it is present in sufficient quantity, it is recommended to replace it completely with other grease.
So, to repair and lubricate the gearbox of a brushcutter you can do it yourself at home. Adding lubricant is not difficult, a detailed description of the process and recommendations on the selection of the appropriate substance can be found in the instruction manual of the tool or on the video, of which there are many on the Internet. Most gearbox failures are typical for different brands of trimmers. And to avoid their appearance, it is enough to observe the simple rules of operation and conduct timely maintenance of the gearbox trimmer for grass.
The main faults of the gearbox and ways to fix them
Various failures occur with the gearbox of an electric or gasoline grass trimmer. The following table shows the most frequently occurring problems. There you can also find causes and solutions.
|Gearbox Failure||Possible Causes of Breakdowns||remedy|
|Gear assembly is very hot||Use of unsuitable (low-quality) lubricant or lack of lubricant||You need to replace or add lubricant|
|gears are new and have not fretted||for break-in work for a short time without heavy loads with regular stops, so that the mechanism had time to cool down|
|Shaft seizing during rotation, play and knocking||One of the bearings is destroyed or excessively worn||replace the defective bearing with a new one|
|Transmission mechanism comes off the brushcutter bar or wobbles||the housing is damaged||the part must be replaced|
|in some cases of minor damage, tighten the point of fracture using a metal band|
|does not rest on the pipe||the mating point is worn||it is possible to wrap insulation tape around the point of attachment or to change the strap|
|the output shaft together with the blade does not rotate or stops when the load increases||Worn gears or one of them||The cooperating pair of worn out parts has to be replaced|
the bearings are destroyed by the use of unsuitable grease or by the absence of grease. They also get damaged if the brushcutter is subjected to hard working conditions and foreign particles get in (e.g., broken metal teeth in the mechanical gears) because the integrity of the dust cover is damaged.
To remove the bearing you must disassemble the gearbox and use a special puller. If it is not available, you can try to use a hammer and mandrel to remove the bearing. In this case, work carefully so as not to damage the bearing seat. Do not use preheating to remove the bearing in this case. Because the metal part may have lost the intended performance characteristics.
If the blade stops rotating under load or does not turn at all, it is accompanied by an unusual noise.
Most gearbox problems can be easily fixed with your own hands. It is recommended that you buy replacement parts that are “genuine” and designed for the model of brushcutter you are using.
Inspection and lubrication of the gearbox of your lawnmower
Checking the gearbox before starting the gasoline grass trimmer should be done on a regular basis. Lack of lubricant or small amount of it increases friction of the gear reducer that works at quite high RPM. The gears and sprockets overheat as a result. Gearbox in your brushcutter fails. To prevent the occurrence of such a failure during operation and helps regular inspection.
If you discover, before starting the gasoline grass mower, the insufficient amount of lubrication in the gearbox or its absence, “LITOL” is laid in the housing. To do this, you need to unscrew the screw on the bend of the gear housing and fill with LITOL in an amount of 1-2 ml.
After every 8 to 10 hours of operation with a petrol trimmer add oil to the gearbox.
Mixing the right fuel mix
Before you start the new lawnmower engine, you must also correctly prepare the fuel mix. As it is known for two-stroke engines, it is prepared from special two-stroke oil and gasoline, taken in certain ratios. You can check the correct proportions by referring to the instruction manual supplied with your tool or to the lubricant label. You can read in the manual about recommended oil and fuel types.
Prepare fuel in small quantities, enough for one cut of grass. Use special fuel canisters made of plastic or separate glass or metal pots. It is best to draw the oil with a medical syringe.
When getting ready to test drive a new lawn mower, many people have trouble with the fuel mix. And there is a discrepancy between the tool manufacturer’s manual and the engine oil manufacturer’s manual. The first recommends the ratio 1:25. The latter recommends 1:50. Who to trust? How to proceed?
According to expert opinion, if the manufacturers’ instructions to the brushcutter they write the proportion 1:25 or 1:30, it’s most likely a cheap tool with bad cooling or the manufacturer doesn’t know what kind of oil the consumer will add. But here it is necessary to understand that an excess of lubricant does not affect the performance of the grass trimmer in the best way. Excess oil does not burn out completely when the engine is running. It cokes, clogs up the cylinder and the piston.
What to do in this situation when running in a new tool? It is ideal to buy the oil that the mower manufacturer recommends. When you have running-in engines and you cannot afford to buy the recommended oil, it is better to get a good Husqvarna two-stroke oil for the gasoline-powered tools of the same name. It’s not cheap, but it lasts a long time. It is necessary to mix it as written in the manual on the jar.
Remember, it is best to use the oil manufacturer’s recommended oil ratio. But it’s better to find out by experiment if the proportion on the braid is correct. If the proportion recommended by the manufacturer of the grass trimmer makes the engine snotty with oil and you can see leaks, you need to increase the proportion.
How to disassemble the grass trimmer gearbox
In order to disassemble the grass trimmer gearbox, you must.
- Remove the reducer from the pipe by loosening the two screws underneath it.
- Wash the gearbox with a brush, e.g. in oil-free petrol and dry it.
- Use needle-nose pliers to twist the ends of the circlip and remove it.
- Take out the second circlip in the same way.
- Then it is necessary to heat the gearbox housing of grass trimmer, gearbox of brushcutters or lawnmower gearboxes using an industrial (technical) hair dryer at an output air temperature of 600°C.
- After that, knock out the drive shaft with the bearing and pinion using a piece of wood on top of the gearbox housing (at first it is worth trying to knock out the bearings without heating). You should only hit with a wooden bar, because a metal hammer, for example, can break the housing.
- In the same way extract and drive shaft with bearings and gears (strongly heat the place where bearings sit and strikes a wooden bar on the housing coaxial to the shaft, knock out the shaft with two bearings and gears). How to disassemble grass trimmer gearbox, lawnmower gearbox and brushcutter gearbox. To keep the heat off, you might try using a puller.
The grass trimmer gearbox is assembled in the reverse order of disassembly (assembly after purchasing and replacement of defective parts). Reassembling the gearbox is much easier than disassembling it. everything is assembled with your fingers. Sometimes you need to knock on something, put the circlips in place and check if the drive shaft rotates by hand.
If you have decided to replace the grass trimmer gearbox with a non-original one, you should pay attention to the pipe diameter for which the gearbox is designed (often 25.4 mm or 26 mm), drive shaft diameter (often 8 mm), drive shaft square size (often 5 mm or 9-tooth star) and fixing of protection on the gearbox, and also on the nut (with left thread, often M10x1.25).
Block: 3/4 | Number of characters: 1838
Lawn mower malfunctions and troubleshooting
Any type of chain saw has a hollow shaft, in which is placed a connecting cable between the motor shaft and the bottom gear that transmits the rotation to the tool with the cutting equipment. The upper part contains the carburetor and motor, while the lower part contains the gearbox and the working tool, covered with the hood. there is a transverse handle in the middle part, when the control buttons are placed. To unload the hands, there is an unloading belt that holds the bar by the torso of the operator.
When selecting a lawn mower is better the device with a two-stroke engine, if a four-stroke. The two-stroke engine is more maneuverable and easier to repair. With a four-stroke unit the vibration level is lower.
It follows that the lawnmower repair is to eliminate defects;
- the engine does not start;
- cutting mechanism does not develop;
- the engine stalls;
- the gearbox heats up;
- Can hear outside knocking, powerful boom vibration.
While troubleshooting, it is necessary to make a diagnosis, to find a non-working unit.
It is fundamental to know the lubrication points of the tool. Continuous care, cleaning of the device after work will prolong its life. Before you start work you need to tighten the fastening screws, prepare the fuel and fill the tank.
Block: 2/6 | Number of characters: 1199
Exchanging the ignition coil
The main sign that the ignition coil is out of order and requires repair trimmers, is the lack of spark on the plugs. It is very important in this breakdown not to rush with the replacement of the coil, in most cases the cause of the breakdown is a lack of contacts, in the switch button, which may have broken, or the problem in the spark plug itself. It must be checked, perhaps somewhere current is flowing or there are gaps or fouling.
If the grass trimmer engine can not reach the desired speed, it is likely that the air filter is clogged or there is debris in the engine itself. The problem solution is clear at once. to clean the engine and the filter, in some cases you may need to replace the filter.
How to replace the gearbox trimmer for grass: a sequence of actions
To replace the gearbox with a similar part from the same manufacturer, it must first be disassembled and removed from the boom. In this case, act according to the following algorithm:
- loosen the tie bolts located under the transmission mechanism;
- Using round pliers, remove the two corkscrew rings;
- pull the bearings from the machine shaft and the drive shaft using a puller;
- then assemble the mechanism, in reverse order installing all the spare parts.
Disassembled gear mechanism is shown in the photo below.
If you do not have a puller handy, you can try to gently dislodge the bearings. When they are stuck and will not budge at all, you can heat them with an industrial hair dryer (at 600 ° C) and remove.
It is easier to reassemble the transmission unit than to disassemble it. You may only need to tap lightly with a hammer for landing parts in place. After assembly, be sure to check that the output shaft can be turned by hand.
When there is a need to replace the transmission unit with a non-original part, then you should consider their interchangeability. At the same time it should be taken into account:
- boom diameter (this parameter is often 25, mm);
- parameters of the drive shaft. the shape of the junction and the diameter (common value is 8 mm);
- the way of fixing the cover.
If the considered parameters coincide, it will be possible to install a part from other models.
Timely lubrication of the gearbox will ensure its long life without repairs. In addition, modern materials well protect the metal from corrosion, increasing its wear resistance. When choosing a lubricant, it is necessary to give preference to the one recommended by the manufacturer of the grass trimmer in operation. If such compounds are not available, you should use the reviewed or other suitable analogues in properties. When it is necessary to disassemble the mechanism in carrying out repairs, it should be done carefully so as not to damage individual parts.
Block: 5/5 | Number of characters: 2090
If the engine won’t start
When the mower will not start, you must first check whether the tank is out of fuel. If everything is okay, you need to check its quality. you may have bought a cheap type of gasoline that does not suit the equipment. For a grass mower, it is best to use good gasoline, which is purchased at gas stations, the brand must be at least Ai-92.
It is not necessary to save and buy cheap fuel, because it will lead to the fact that the cylinder-piston group will fail, and for the repair you can spend a lot more money than for high-quality gasoline.
It is also very important to prepare the fuel mix correctly and to combine oil and gasoline in the right amount. The proportions should be specified in the manual. This is why it is so important to have it written in Russian, because it is likely that different mower models require different proportions for successful operation.
It is not necessary to use the fuel mixture in large volumes, because if you keep the unused volume indoors for a long time, it will lose its properties. It is better to use a freshly prepared solution.
- The fuel filter can be a problem in engine operation. The first thing to do is to check the filter. Replace it if necessary. The inlet pipe should never be left without a fuel filter. You should also check the air filter. If it is dirty, you have to take it off, rinse it in petrol and put it back. If you are in a cottage or a private house, it will be enough to wash it in clean water, using various detergents. Then rinse, squeeze and let dry. The ready filter is moistened in a small amount of oil, which is used to prepare the mixture. The excess is removed by squeezing the filter with your hands. Then the part can be put back.
- If all these procedures did not help and the engine still does not start, then you can try to adjust the revs at idle, for this start tightening the carburetor screw. This is very similar to adjusting a similar part on a car. If there is no experience in adjusting the carburetor, you can study videos on the Internet, which are very clear and accessible. They will clearly show you how you can adjust the lawnmower carburetor with your own hands.
Quickly start the machine
Correct spark plug replacement
The fact that spark plugs should be changed periodically is known to many, but few do it correctly and in a certain sequence. To perform all manipulations correctly, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the correct order of actions.
Stop the engine and wait until it is cold, otherwise it will be severely burned.
- Disconnect the high-voltage wire from the plug. Unscrew the spark plug with a special wrench. Check the spark plug.
- The part should be replaced if it will be in a faulty state, very dirty, or a crack will be found on the body.
- Check the gap between the electrodes. They should be 0.6mm.
- Install a new spark plug and tighten with a wrench.
- Install the high-voltage wire on the center electrode of the spark plug.
This procedure is very simple and can be managed by absolutely any owner of a petrol grasshopper.
The lawnmower stalls after starting
The engine may stall after starting the device in the case if the carburetor is not set correctly or it was razregulirovaniya. This is very easy to see. Vibrations may be felt and distinctly noticeable on operation. Adjustment can also be performed by your own hands, it is worth strictly following all the instructions that are written in the manual.
The engine can also stutter because the fuel valve is clogged. In this case it must be cleaned and then the problem will be solved.
If the weed whacker starts and then suddenly stops, it means that the fuel supply to the carburetor is obstructed. It is necessary to loosen the valves of the carburetor, then the free passage of fuel to it will be carried out in the required quantity.
If there is excessive air leakage, then the engine can also stall. You need to increase the revs a bit to get the air bubbles out of the fuel system. You should also check the integrity of the fuel intake hose. If you find any damage in it, it must be replaced immediately.
Muffler mesh cleaning
The exhaust silencer is equipped with a mesh. an anti-spark shield. Over time this mesh will get clogged, turning into soot from burnt oil and reducing the output of the engine. This problem can be solved by cleaning the mesh with an old toothbrush, compressed air or a small wire brush.
As you can see, lawn mower repair with their own hands. not such a difficult thing and to eliminate most of the faults will be able to many.
Additional lawnmower maintenance questions
Is it possible to leave fuel stored in a gasoline mower?? No, fuel should not be stored in the block. If the grass trimmer won’t run for longer than 30 days. drain the fuel and start the mower and let it run until the engine stops.
What kind of gasoline should be used? Most lawn mowers run on 92-octane gasoline. Never use gasoline with a lower octane rating or diesel fuel. Try to use freshly purchased gasoline and mix it with the recommended oil for 2-stroke engines.
What is the correct spark plug gap? The spark plug gap on all engines is 0.5. 0.6 mm.
What to do if your lawnmower stops when you press the gas
Most often, in periods when the lawnmower stalls when you add gas, the cause will be the air damper, or rather, its condition: it is clogged. Structurally, the part is located in the place where the received fuel is atomized behind it, and accordingly, the product collects all the inclusions in low-quality gasoline. To fix the problem, you just need to clean it. The same situation can occur with a clogged filter, but it is fixed in the same way. In total, let’s specify the reasons that lead to the stalled condition when the tool is pressed on the throttle:
- Clogged air damper;
- Clogged fuel filter, and when you give gas, it is especially noticeable;
- there is air leakage by the crankshaft oil seals;
- The gasket between the cylinder and carb is damaged.
When you have cleaned, flushed and purged the elements, but again the lawnmower stalls when you press the gas
- Malfunction of the carburetor metering system.
- Cracks in the fuel hose caused air intake.
- Problems with the oil seals.
During operation, there are situations when the lawnmower at high revolutions is subjected to a similar abrupt stop. It occurs for the following reasons:
- Due to problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- Air bleed;
- The fuel intake hose is loose or cracked and unusable;
- The gasoline tank cap valve is stuck or clogged;
- carburettor becomes defective.
Maintenance of lawnmower cutting units
Dull or worn out saw headsets over time. Working with the tool becomes strenuous, the load increases, the quality of mowing deteriorates. Metal blades are sharpened, plastic blades are replaced.
If the cutting tool is a line for the trimmer, it gradually wears out and new material is installed in the spool. The principle of the line trimmer is the gradual unwinding of the spool by the centrifugal force. In contact with the grass, the line for the trimmer rubs off, from the spool feeds gradually. A special winding is necessary so that the two cutting elements come out at the same time and do not get tangled with each other.
The illustration shows how to correctly wind the line for the trimmer on the mower spool. Before winding a new line for the trimmer it is necessary:
- having unscrewed the nozzle, carefully remove the cover, holding the spring with your hand;
- Remove old line scraps from the reel;
- Measure 5 meters of new line and fold it in half;
- in the spool guides under 2 ends, hook the middle part behind the notch and wind it in the direction of the arrows for each half of the string;
- The remaining 20 cm to spend through the special notches on the opposite ends of the spool;
- install spring and washers, lead line ends out, close drum with cover.
In order to better understand how to change the line for the trimmer on the chain saw, watch this video.