How To Fill The Line In The Electric Trimmer
Trimmer head with two antennae
Double flute head
After removing the spool from the spool body, we determine the number of strands for winding the line (1 or 2). There is no fundamental difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but if carelessly threading into the twin groove, there will be operational problems. Due to the likelihood of interweaving adjacent lines of the tool, a situation may arise when, after wear of the working antennae, it is impossible to remove new ones.
Regardless of the number of streams, a fishing line with a length of 1.5 to 3 meters is taken for refueling. Winding must be done in the opposite direction to the rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will lead to the fact that the line will not be removed from the reel. After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, thread the free ends (15-30 cm) into special holes. Next, we assemble the head in the reverse order of disassembly and check the operability. Do not worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the protection will cut off the excess.
How to fill the line in the electric trimmer
You don’t need to have any special skills to reel in a line on a petrol or electric trimmer. To begin with, it is important to decide on a suitable consumable, and then choose the best method. There are two different ways to load the line into the spool of the device.
Preparation for winding the line
Before the winding process, it is necessary to remove the spool with line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three design types of trimmers:
Compact Electric Trimmers.
Straight bar trimmer
This model provides the ability to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To mount the trimmer knife, it is necessary to align the hole of the reel and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, the body can be easily unscrewed by hand in a clockwise direction.
The guaranteed output of the factory trimmer will inevitably require a line change. Having a very rough idea of how to thread the line into the trimmer reel without the help of others, the newcomers are reluctant to take up this business. But with some abilities, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar annotation presented below will greatly facilitate this process.
First, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. certain actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- Small electronic trimmers with a working position of the motor and coil at the bottom usually have side buttons on either side of the bobbin. When pressed simultaneously, the upper part of the reel, together with the inner content for winding the line, is detached, although the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is better to parse the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does not jump out and is not lost;
- Electronic and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar without the ability to install a knife, usually have spools with a special wing: in similar designs, hold the bobbin in a fixed position with one hand, and turn the locking reel on the rod with the other counterclockwise with the wing nut. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- Electronic and petrol trimmers with the ability to install a knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the reel. For the rod to remain stationary, a screwdriver is inserted into this hole, as it is also called another suitable object, and with a leisurely rotation, such a mutual placement is achieved when the screwdriver goes inside the hole, and the bobbin is fixed. Then the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with left-hand thread) and removed from the trimmer.
For a successful threading of the line into the trimmer head, it is important not to miscalculate with the choice of consumables. The thicker the cord you tuck in, the thicker and tougher the grass it can cut. Often a universal line is used, the diameter of which is 2 mm. You can choose a diameter suitable for the mower in the following ways:
- Refer to the instructions included with the trimmer for line thickness information.
- Pay attention to the bobbin itself. Sometimes information about the possible diameters of the fishing line is applied on it.
- Another option is to try inserting a cord into the exit hole. If it easily goes through it, then the selected line diameter is suitable for use.
You can choose a cord thread according to the type of engine. If the line is too thick, then the resistance to rotation will increase. in this case the engine will overheat and will soon fail. Helpful hints:
- For an electrical device with a motor less than 500 V, a 1.3 mm thread is suitable. If you can’t find one, then you can use a 1.6 mm line. If the power is more than 1 kW, then select a cord with a diameter of 2 mm.
- With a petrol trimmer, the shaft mower matters. For the folded version, a 2 mm cord is often used. If the shaft is straight, use a 2.4-2.5 or 3 mm thread. The thickest line is installed on powerful devices. from 1.3 kW.
Pay attention to the type of section of the cord thread. Some popular options:
- The most common lines are round. They mow fresh grasses well, but they cope worse with shrubs, dead wood.
- Twisted (spiral) cord is not very strong, but is well suited for thin young grass.
- Serrated thread with sharp edges ideal for large weeds in a neglected area.
- You can mow the lawn more evenly with rectangular, star or square trimmer lines, but they are not very strong.
- Strongest. two-piece inner-core round cord.
Types of trimmer line
Please note that you cannot use wire, metal strings and cables, as well as ordinary fishing thread instead of fishing line. The device will be dangerous to both the user and others. So the cable or similar products will gradually begin to work, as a result, their ends will unravel, and small pieces will scatter at high speed.
Winding the line to the trimmer
Measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit coil makes it possible to go directly to winding the line. The design features of the head, the number and location of fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today there are several types of reels, depending on the number of line antennae and the methods of threading it:
- Trimmer head with one working mustache;
- A bobbin with two line antennae;
- Auto winding reel.
# spoiler # end_spoiler